[Shadow Sovereign's Second Tr...

By PyroSaiyan

A young Tarnished of no renown, (Y/n), succeeded in his journey. He was granted the opportunity to be the ne... More

The End
Limgrave - 1
Limgrave - 2
Limgrave - 3
Limgrave - 4
Roundtable Hold - 1
Roundtable Hold - 2
Caelid - 1
Starscourge Radahn, the God of Gravity
Caelid - 2
Transitionary - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 2
Transitionary - 2
Transitionary - 3
Transitionary - 4
Malenia, the Blade of Miquella
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot - 2
Transitionary - 5
Home - 1
Mohg, Lord of Blood
Status of the Lands Between
Home - 2
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 1
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 2
Finale - 1
Finale - 2
Finale - 3
Finale - 4

Godrick, the God of Grafting

3.6K 118 114
By PyroSaiyan

Hello, hello, my friends! Here it is, we've finally arrived at the fight against Godrick! I feel like it's been a while getting here, but this story is pretty far from being done!

For a question this time, out of the introduced Shadows, which one would you like to see more of in the future?

They can't all get huge chapters dedicated to them, but ideally I'd show the intriguing perspective of one or two of them!

And for a second question, how are you feeling about Sellen and Melina so far? Do you like them, do you bear with them, or do you absolutely hate any time spent on them?

Regardless of your answers, I hope you enjoy this week's chapter! Tell me what you think of the fight!

-----

(Y/n) put his game face on as Agheel softly landed on the ground, dust lightly being displaced.

For a moment, (Y/n) simply waited, allowing his entire army of Shadows to rejoin him. They slid across the ground from all over Limgrave, joining (Y/n) in mere moments.

He partially believed it wouldn't be necessary, but he didn't want to get caught blind sighted either. With a demigod, they should still be considered a threat, regardless of their personal skills. That being said, Godrick was by far the weakest of the demigods.

Still, a silent feeling warned (Y/n) of the meddling of the Outer Gods. It was just a simple feeling, but it was one he didn't feel like ignoring.

As his army gathered, (Y/n) told his newest soldiers where they'd reside in the Squads. He looked over his weapons briefly before letting out a sigh, relaxing.

"There's no reason to suddenly freak out. He'll be just the same as everyone else... probably," (Y/n) sighed again, unable to shake the ominous feeling crawling on his back. Regardless, he shook his head, confident of what he needed to do.

He pushed open the doors to Godrick's domain. It was a graveyard, with each tombstone honoring a soldier who gave up their body for Godrick's power. It was a horrific sight, with a dragon impaled lying on the left side of the area. And, in the middle of that area, was Godrick the Grafted.

He was an elderly man, with white hair and what should've been a decrepit body. However, due to his grafting tendencies, he was quite large, standing almost twice (Y/n)'s height. His body was covered in the limbs of others, from arms to legs to foreign torsos. It was anything and everything to make him stronger. Of course, for now, (Y/n) couldn't see that, his body being covered by a piece of cloth.

He was busy stroking the head of the fallen dragon when (Y/n) pushed the doors open. He glanced to (Y/n) with a grave expression, "Lowly Tarnished...."

(Y/n) smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Not quite. It's Death. And I've come for what's mine, Godrick."

Godrick scowled, his many arms moving and causing the cloth to fall away. It revealed his golden Axe of Godrick, which was clearly inspired by Godfrey's axe. Furthermore, something that (Y/n) had seen before, in a different sense, was revealed.

Godrick's shard of the Elden Ring, a Great Rune, and the centerpiece of the legendary ring, was plastered on his chest, shining with golden, luminescent energy. The only person who ever had the Elden Ring on their body was Radagon of the Golden Order, one of the final threats (Y/n) had to overcome before the world was restarted.

The presence of the Anchor Rune on Godrick's physical body caused (Y/n)'s senses to shoot up, and he clenched his weapons tightly, his eyes widening. He began to rush forward, calling out to his three strongest Shadows.

Godrick took his hands and held his two-headed war-axe, slamming it into the ground. "I command thee, kneel! For I am the lord of all that is golden!" As he slammed his axe into the ground, golden energy raced out of him, before disappearing altogether. What was left behind were a bunch of limbs, floating.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened further, as his senses immensely slowed.

'This... isn't the ability of a demigod! To create those limbs, he's more akin to a God now...!'

Indeed, the threat (Y/n) was facing was no longer the simple threat of Godrick the Grafted. This was Godrick, the God of Grafting.

(Y/n)'s shadow began to desperately expand, but compared to the rate of Godrick's creations, it was a snail's pace.

The limbs gathered, more appearing as Godrick slammed his weapon into the ground repeatedly. In just half a second, Godrick was surrounded by Grafted Beasts, far larger than Grafted Scions.

They looked the same, but they were quite large. With heads of Dragons, bodies of Rune Bears, and large, gangly limbs of humans, they were disgusting monsters that were impossibly threatening. They often had the arms of Rune Beasts too, wielding many, many swords, and shields to protect themselves.

And there was at least 20 in half a second, and the number was constantly growing. The Leonine Misbegotten and Black Knife Assassin rose from (Y/n)'s shadow, beginning to cut through the Grafted Beasts in sync. They cleared the path in an instant, leaving Godrick with no protection, for just an instant. With another half second, (Y/n) reeled his arms back, javelining his Ornamental Straight Swords towards Godrick.

The blades rocketed through the air but were stopped by a spawned pair of Rune Bear claws, who took it like it was nothing. Before (Y/n) or his Shadows could react, he was slammed in the chest by one of the massive monsters, sending him flying back through Stormveil Castle, weaponless.

His Black Knife Assassin and Leonine Misbegotten turned their attentions to him, only to be similarly thrown away by dragon claws.

The three flew through several walls without slowing down before flying out over Stormhill in its entirety, landing in a fairly open field. (Y/n) skipped across the ground for a few feet before he managed to get a grip on the ground and stop himself from being pushed any further. The Black Knife Assassin landed softly, not upturning any of the ground, her gracefulness was something (Y/n) admired. On the other hand, the Leonine Misbegotten flew the furthest, not getting reoriented at all.

Despite (Y/n)'s immense power, it didn't add much weight to his frame, so he was sent flying so dramatically. If he was weaker, the blow would've killed him outright, but instead, he made it out with a few simple scrapes and bruises. Gladly, his Rank-5 Shadows were strong enough to take head-on blows from the Grafted Beasts without being destroyed.

In the distance he could see more Grafted Beasts being created, all of them rushing through Stormveil and scuttering across Stormhill like demented spiders from hell. And far, far in the back, Godrick was slamming his axe into the ground, continuing to make more of the monsters for his protection.

(Y/n) scowled, and his shadow spread. As the ground became black, his Shadows rose. From Agheel, his last Rank-5, to his Shadow Infantry. It didn't matter what their ranks were, (Y/n) brought them all. They all waited silently, standing behind (Y/n) and glaring at their enemies.

"Destroy them," he ordered.

His Shadows obliged.

The two sides clashed in the middle, as the hills of Limgrave shook from the first major battle since the Shattering. And while (Y/n)'s major Shadows managed to mostly hold their own, his lesser Shadows were being demolished. Anything less than Rank 3 was being destroyed easily, and that made up a large portion of his army.

The small soldiers were destroyed with swipes of swords, huffs of fire, and by the Grafted Beasts simply squashing them flat with their paws. For the first time since restarting this life, (Y/n) felt his mana being actively drained by his Shadows' regeneration.

On the other hand, his major Shadows fared much better. They worked well together, and those who could fly overhead outside of the monsters' reach did, burning them with even more intense fire in Agheel's case. The Rank 4's all handled the situation quite well, slashing, smashing, and pushing through the army fearlessly. However, (Y/n) kept one of them on him, needing him for his plans.

Of course, the Shadows held no fear of their destruction anyway, only that they worried what it would do to (Y/n)'s mana.

"Ranged Squad!" (Y/n) roared, and the Squad led by Salem acted at once. In just minutes, they gathered a menacing amount of power, unleashing it all at once. Arrows flooded the sky, led by powerful bursts of magic.

The battlefield became a black and blue painting for just a moment, before the first few lines of the battle were completely destroyed. Several Grafted Beasts fell, and (Y/n) trusted Salem to lead the Ranged Squad forward.

(Y/n) was weaponless, having thrown his Ceremonial Straight Swords at the beginning of the battle. However, he had the thought to plan for this, and pulled his Steel Greatsword from his shadow, running forward as he heaved the weapon over his shoulder.

"King Squad, I need a path!" At once, all his strongest Shadows changed priorities. His Alabaster Lord used the power of Gravity to push many of the beasts out of the way. (Y/n) summoned the Tree Sentinel's horse, riding through the army as best as he could.

All around (Y/n), his fastest soldiers kept up with him. From the Night's Cavalry to the Leonine Misbegotten, they slaughtered the Grafted Beasts as fast as they could, but....

(Y/n) leapt off the horse's back, narrowly dodging a spurt of fire from a Grafted Beast's draconic maws. Then, an instant later, his steed was crushed by one of the Grafted Beasts. He ducked back, swallowing, "It's not fast enough."

Indeed, despite the efficiency of (Y/n)'s army, they weren't all strong enough to make a difference. Without Roderika's aid and the proper materials, several of his weaker Shadows were severely outpaced. And despite the tense situation, (Y/n) smiled.

"Ah, that's the good thing about being in the domain of a necromancer. Death is where I feel most at home. Arise."

[You've gained 30 Shadow Chimeras.]

At once, Grafted Beasts rose from their corpses. It was unlike the Grafted Scions where the different monsters granted him different Shadows. Rather, the Grafted Beasts were one proper monster, known as Chimeras. The Chimeras turned on their once-allies and unleashed hell, taking them down faster than (Y/n)'s previous Shadows could.

The flow of battle shifted in an instant, with the Chimeras working to take down as many Grafted Beasts as possible. It was still far from even, but it was slowly moving towards a better path.

(Y/n) leapt into the air, bounding off one of the Grafted Beast's heads. 'I need to get to Godrick, or else I'll be overwhelmed with all these things. Agheel!' Mentally calling out, his dragon suddenly changed course again, sweeping him up and carrying him over the waves of the battle.

Several of the Grafted Beasts tried to take them out of the air, but Agheel was far too fast to allow such a thing to become a problem. He was flying over Stormveil when he suddenly heard screams that were very human. They were mostly muffled by the many roars of the dragons, but he could still hear them.

All like a truck, it hit him that Rogier, Gostoc, and Nepheli were all in Stormveil castle when all the fighting began. (Y/n) jumped from Agheel, trusting the dragon to circle around. With a yell, (Y/n) slung his Steel Greatsword over his shoulder and decapitated a Grafted Beast, summoning it as a Chimera.

He charged towards the nearest scream, seeing a Grafted Beast trying to claw its way into a building. (Y/n)'s Chimera bounded over him and bashed into the beast, taking it down and beginning to maul it to death.

(Y/n) slid to a stop and ran into the room, to see Gostoc curled up against the furthest wall. While (Y/n) wasn't a particular fan of the man, he didn't want him to die. However, with everything happening, he didn't know if there was a way to get him out of harm without extending the situation unnecessarily.

As his mind raced for an option, Gostoc stared at him with wide eyes. "H-H-H-H-How in the —"

(Y/n) shook his head, "No time! You must stay right here! Don't go anywhere near the exterior walls and run only if you must!" Leaving no time for Gostoc to argue with his orders, (Y/n) ran back out and slashed his way through the many, many Grafted Beasts in his path.

He heard a warrior-like roar from his left, which he assumed was Nepheli. On the other hand, Rogier's scream was quite determined, but less... warrior-like. It wasn't quite a squeak, but it was closer to a scream than a roar. Trusting Nepheli to handle her own, (Y/n) dashed past several Grafted Beasts and slammed his shoulder into the bear harassing Rogier.

Just like Gostoc, the monster was trying to get into the building, although it managed to get a fair bit further than the prior beast. (Y/n) quickly aligned his Steel Greatsword with the Grafted Beast's eye, plunging it through it until it hit the ground on the other side.

He attempted to pull his weapon out, but with three more of the titanic monsters charging at him, he decided to cut his losses and rolled into the building. He let out a few soft pants, unsure if it was due to exhaustion or adrenaline.

He glanced behind him to see Rogier with his rapier out, ready to attack. However, the weapon wasn't pointed at (Y/n), due to Rogier's quick nature.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to see a not-super Grafted monster fighting for my blood," Rogier sighed, attempting to make light of the tense situation.

(Y/n) smiled at that but didn't spend much longer catching his breath. "Stay here. I'll end this all soon. Ah...." (Y/n) realized he was mostly weaponless, and he questioned the quality of the many, many blades he had left in his shadow.

Most of them would be decent, but against the Grafted super-monsters, he doubted they would do much but hold him back. He had the option to fight with his bare hands, but he figured that would be a poor decision to try out in such an intense situation.

"Can I borrow your rapier?" He asked. He scratched his head, "I promise I'll return it."

Rogier tried to come up with words, but he simply nodded, extending his blade's handle.

[Rogier's Rapier]

Item Rank: +8

Item Type: Rapier

Attack +350

(Y/n) swiped the weapon and thanked the sorcerer before moving on. He leapt up, grabbing one of the ledges of the upper level of the building, pulling himself up and dashing from the spot.

He bent down and blew forward, allowing Rogier's Rapier to guide his blows to the Grafted Beasts. Whether as a weakness or as a necessity, the monsters still held hearts, and they could be pierced easily with a proper weapon.

Rogier's Rapier was tended to by Hewg himself, and (Y/n) could almost feel the blade's strength coursing through him. It led him to his targets, the deaths of his enemies. And, after defeating 15 Grafted Beasts, he arrived where Nepheli was.

Unlike Gostoc and Rogier, Nepheli was in the thick of things. She was surrounded by several monsters, and she was currently battling it out with all of them. To put some respect on her efforts, there were at least three of the beasts laid about, dead.

Every swipe of her Stormhawk Axes filled the area with the power of storms, with wind and lightning kicking up where she swung. She was quite strong, almost matching where she was as the Ruler of Limgrave. However, her control of her power was too wild, uncontrolled. She was growing exhausted by the second, despite her impassioned roars.

(Y/n) stepped forward, Rogier's Rapier allowing him to strike true. With a few deliberate steps and stabs, the Grafted Beasts fell easily. It was unlike anything (Y/n) had experienced before, the utter control of a weapon like Rogier's granted him. It only gave him more of a reason to receive Hewg's help.

Nepheli gasped for air as she bent down, sweat dripping down her body. She still held her weapons, ready for anything. She looked up at (Y/n), and her eyes grew uncharacteristically large. "You.... Did my father send you again?"

(Y/n) bobbed his head back and forth, "Kind of. Can you take care of yourself while I end this problem before it becomes much larger?"

Nepheli nodded, too exhausted to question (Y/n) or speak any words of affirmation. (Y/n), however, had more than enough energy to say his favorite word. "Arise," he called to the fallen spirits.

As they rose from their corpses, Nepheli looked around, her mouth very slightly agape. She stared at (Y/n), and he gave her an awkward laugh before her eyes grew even larger. "Watch out!" She warned.

From behind him, a Grafted Beast roared, its many swords coming down towards (Y/n)'s head. However, before it could touch him, Agheel swooped down from above and grabbed the beast by its neck. With its massive weight pulling on it, it tore its neck free in a disgusting splash of inhumane gore. It was bad enough that Nepheli winced at it.

(Y/n) and Agheel were nonplussed.

"There you are. I was wondering when you'd show," (Y/n) clicked his tongue. Agheel's tail wagged as (Y/n) softly patted him on his head, as if the blood covering its mouth was an extremely typical sight to see.

Nepheli just looked with more astonishment, so much so that (Y/n) felt like it was impossible to ignore her. He turned and gave her an awkward chuckle before moving forward, allowing Agheel to fall into his shadow. He sent his many other Shadows to help with the war, hoping to free up a select few Shadows for his fight against Godrick.

Bursting through the Gates to face Godrick, (Y/n) was surprised to see only three Grafted forms around. In sharp contrast to the Grafted Beasts, these forms were small, only a foot or two taller than an average person. They were certainly stronger than the Grafted Beasts as well, making them at least Rank 4.

They were built like knights, with several arms that wielded specialty weapons depending on which of the three it was. Their bodies were covered in dragon scales in natural armor, guaranteeing their personal defenses, at the very least.

(Y/n) took the information, comprehended it, and allowed his eyes to fall to Godrick. Unlike his prepared Royal Guard, Godrick looked exhausted. The golden symbol on his chest still shined bright, despite his sweating and apparent exhaustion.

(Y/n) held Rogier's Rapier firmly in his head. The soft compulsion of the blade was compelling (Y/n) to strike true, but he waited, patient. He couldn't attack immediately; it would put him in a worse off situation.

Godrick panted, "You... dare to step up to me...?! You will suffer...!"

(Y/n) pursed his lips, smirking, "I dunno, it looks like you're the one suffering so much."

Godrick roared, "Die!"

Then, at once, the three Grafted Knights leapt towards (Y/n), holding their weapons up high. (Y/n) simply held his empty hand up to his mouth, yawning. His shadow suddenly expanded, and the first thing that emerged were a pair of dragon jaws, clamping around one of the Grafted Knights and flying high into the sky.

Th other two barely slowed even as their ally was swept away. They managed to get within arms-reach of (Y/n), each of them ready to attack him with all their might. However, just inches away from (Y/n), the attacks were blocked by a black shield.

The Tree Sentinel rose from the ground, appointed as (Y/n)'s personal shield. He was even given a name, Tank. He'd given up his stead, just to become a reliable shield, all for (Y/n)'s aid. Tank ground his feet and shoved the Grafted Knights back, just as two other shadows dashed in from behind (Y/n).

The Leonine Misbegotten's sword crashed into the leftmost knight, sending it skidding back before it slammed into some of the gravestones. The Black Knife Assassin was far more delicate, disappearing before plunging her blade into the Grafted Knight's back, before she was hastily swatted away.

(Y/n) watched as his Shadows took care of the Grafted Knights. Agheel's original bite killed his, the Black Knife Assassin easily dodged her opponent's attacks before striking with decisive blows, and the Leonine Misbegotten simply bashed the Grafted Knight with all his strength.

It was less than a minute when all the fights ended, and the attention fell entirely on Godrick. Even as the fights progressed, (Y/n) never stopped staring at Godrick, watching his every movement. He let out a roar of anger, energy swirling and creating humongous conjoined arms and legs, detached from any sort of body.

(Y/n) looked at the sight in genuine interest, sensing a lot of potential in such an ability.

Godrick cackled, "Forefathers, one and all! Bear wit—"

Before he could utter another word though, Agheel swooped in from above and promptly bit him in half. It was incredibly underwhelming, meaning (Y/n) didn't even need to use Rogier's Rapier despite taking it from him. The massive, floating, grafted limbs dissolved into nothing, Agheel turned to (Y/n), his mouth dropping into a doggy grin before he spat out Godrick's upper half, which was thoroughly dead. (Y/n) gave his dragon a thumbs-up, causing its large tail to begin wagging. To many people, it would be quite a ridiculous sight.

(Y/n) smiled, turning to his other major helpers. The Leonine Misbegotten raised his sword up high in pride, and on that sword was his opponent's body, still stabbed. Blood leaked all over the place, even on the Leonine Misbegotten. The Black Knife Assassin just looked at her peer with an annoyed look, despite her face being entirely concealed in darkness.

Instead, she simply cut off the many hands of the Grafted Knights and laid them at (Y/n)'s feet, as if that was much better than her peer's actions. (Y/n) blinked at the two, sighing. He patted them both on the shoulder, silently wondering what he'd do with them. Still, he appreciated their help, raising the two Grafted Knights with ease.

[Grafted Knight]
[Rank: 4]

(Y/n) wondered what happened to the third, he met Agheel's puppy-dog eyes, suddenly realizing the dragon ate the monster's corpse. He sighed, shaking his head. There was a bigger opportunity before him.

Regardless, he could feel the battle between the Shadow Army and the Grafted Beasts end, with his army prevailing in the end. His army was beginning to rejoin him, reappearing in the courtyard all around. (Y/n) let out a soft hum before he extended his hand to Godrick's spirit.

Behind him, at the entrance of the area, Nepheli Loux and Sorcerer Rogier stared. Despite (Y/n)'s suggestions, they couldn't just sit and do nothing. However, with (Y/n)'s absolutely insane show of power, they were stunned.

"H-How in the world is that possible?" Rogier swallowed.

Nepheli's eyes flashed with surprise, but there was an underlying fire of passion there. "It's... beyond incredible. How is it so many?"

"I didn't think... summoning so many was even humanly possible...." Rogier gasped.

Summoning a spirit was simple for most cognizant beings. All a summoning required were a willing spirit, and the required energy for forming the spirit in a physical way. An experienced sorcerer — who focused more on holding much more inner energy than a warrior — may've been able to summon two spirits in the span of one fight.

Rennala of the Full Moon, the Queen of Caria, was known to able to partially summon anywhere between five and ten summons in one fight.

But before them, their realities were being shattered by (Y/n)'s Shadow Army.

Rogier stared with his mouth agape. Sweat ran down his face, "No way...." His mouth slowly curled up into an awkward smile, anticipation guiding him.

Nepheli glanced at Rogier, confused by his words. "What is it, sorcerer?" She spoke respectfully, clearly accepting that Rogier was an ally in the face of all the many, many Grafted Beasts around.

"That man... he's made Spirit Summons from the dead monsters. If that's the case, what would stop him from taking Godrick under his wing?" Rogier asked, swallowing. Nepheli's eyes widened, and her head whipped back to (Y/n).

Lo-and-behold, he was still standing over the demigod's corpse.

'That was pretty damn scary. He went down easily enough, but that's only because the Anchor Rune granted him unparalleled creation abilities while leaving his physical state essentially the same. I got lucky that he was too busy with theatrics to pay attention to Agheel, but if I let him continue....' (Y/n) shrugged at the thought. 'I'm strong, so I probably could've overcome it, but I don't know if I'd be able to protect Nepheli, Rogier, and Gostoc in the process. I've gotta get stronger for sure.'

Unlike many of the enemies he'd fought, Godrick's soul was tiny. That was because his soul didn't match the might of his body. Spiritually, he was weak, even despite his newfound power.

'Where the hell did that power even come from? The Greater Will, probably. Even though he said he'd be choosing Marika-slash-Radagon, I guess it would be dumb to trust such an indecisive being on his word. It doesn't really make much sense otherwise, with all the golden energy and the Anchor Rune showing up.' (Y/n) sunk in his spot slightly. 'I'll need to be careful. Compared to the demigods who the other Outer Gods will personally favor, Godrick was just a chump. God, I can only imagine how horrific Malenia may be.'

Shaking his head, (Y/n) refocused.

Regardless of his future threats, (Y/n) held no limit to the number of Shadows he could hold, so there was no logical reason for him to ignore an additional Shadow, and a demigod at that. He smiled, "Arise, Godrick."

There was a burst of defiant energy, Godrick's spirit writhing. (Y/n) clicked his tongue, cracking his neck as his Shadows gathered around. "Stop running, Godrick! You'll never become strong through grafting, you'll never become golden!"

(Y/n) uttered the word once more, but Godrick's spirit fought against him defiantly. He huffed, at once irritated and nervous. His heart throbbed in his ears. For the first time since he gained his new abilities, he worried about whether he'd succeed. And that nervousness only made him excited.

"Godfrey... you can prove to him that you're strong. Follow me, and let's make you golden, Godrick. Now, Arise!" (Y/n) laughed, letting out an uncharacteristic howl of ecstasy.

A plume of power, far larger than what Godrick's Grafted body looked like, shot into the air and gathered together. From the fallen corpse, a frail man rose from it.

His body was formed entirely of black energy, just like all the other Shadows, but his hair was different. His hair was a powerful silver, highlighting his nature as an older person. He had a simple crown on, and with four arms, two of which were grafted underneath his original arms, he held the handle to what was once his axe.

[Demigod Holder of Anchor Ring]
[Godrick]
[Rank: 7]

He met (Y/n)'s eyes, kneeling. At the same time, every other Shadows kneeled, a large chut shaking the area. He smiled as he looked around, but he suddenly froze, meeting Rogier and Nepheli's stunned eyes. He smiled awkwardly, "Ha... ha. Um, hey."

"How... how in the world did you do that?!" Rogier gasped, his voice tense with excitement. "And you, how do you know what I want?!"

(Y/n) couldn't respond before Nepheli questioned him. "How do you know my father?! And will you take over Limgrave now?"

The two went back and forth in a barrage of questions, most of them being reasonable things to ask. However, (Y/n) played so far with silence, and he wasn't planning on revealing everything now. He held his hands out, silencing them. "I just saved your lives. Your questions are fair, but shouldn't you allow me to rest before asking so much of me?"

The two fell silent, suddenly feeling awkward. Nepheli bowed her head, "I apologize. I will await answers patiently, that is the least I could do."

Rogier coughed into his head. "Yes, that was a bit nosy. I apologize. However, may we at least know the name of our savior?"

(Y/n) thought about that for a moment before realizing there was very little harm in it. "My name is (Y/n)."

Nepheli and Rogier made quick exits to the Roundtable Hold after they properly learned (Y/n)'s name, and he was left with his army. Several of them were happily playing with one another, as if they weren't participants in a war just minutes prior. It was a nice sight to see, but (Y/n) was focused on Godrick.

The demigod Shadow was holding his Great Rune in his hands, presenting it to (Y/n). In the past, as a Tarnished, the Great Rune granted him incredible strength for short bursts of time. However, since he was no longer a proper Tarnished, he wondered if it would even make a difference. Furthermore, he'd have to travel to Limgrave's Divine Tower to use it.

Still, Godrick's shadow was adamant in holding the Great Rune up, so (Y/n) felt like there were few choices beyond just accepting the rune. He touched it and felt a thrum of power shoot through him as the Anchor Rune lit up on his chest before fading into him.

[You have acquired the Anchor Rune. All Shadows will automatically rank up once upon summoning.]

All throughout his army, the Great Rune's symbol appeared on his Shadows in various locations, boosting their power. It wasn't much of a physical change in most cases, but (Y/n) felt undeniably more powerful with all his Shadows suddenly ranking up.

He gave Godrick a nod, immensely satisfied. "Thank you, Godrick."

Godrick bowed his head, feeling immensely appreciative for (Y/n)'s words. In an instant, all his previous reservations against (Y/n) disappeared, leaving only respect and gratitude behind. He'd fit in right among the other Shadows.

With Godrick settled, (Y/n) made sure to grab every single Grafted Beast that was slaughtered in the war, which equaled 1174 all on their own, doubling (Y/n)'s Shadow Army. (Y/n) stood at the highest point of Stormveil Castle and looked over his army, whistling to himself. It was over 2000 Shadows-strong, making (Y/n) question if anyone could truly challenge him with such an army.

Then, he decided to stop procrastinating meeting Blaidd and Kenneth Haight, although it was much more of the former than it was the latter. He only hoped things would go smoothly.

"Huh. How crazy that fighting against a demigod is easier to me than having a conversation. Probably says a lot about me."

-----

Total Shadows: 2303

202 Shadow Exiles – Rank 2

669 Shadow Infantry – Rank 2

43 Shadow Dogs – Rank 2

9 Shadow Warhawks – Rank 2

7 Shadow Giant Bats – Rank 2

8 Shadow Starcallers – Rank 2

5 Shadow Slimes – Rank 2

7 Shadow Skeletons – Rank 2

4 Shadow Jars – Rank 2

39 Shadow Crabs – Rank 2

72 Shadow Demi-Human – Rank 2

16 Shadow Miranda Sprouts – Rank 2

Shadow Jellyfish, Aurelia – Rank 2

3 Shadow Land Octopi – Rank 3

5 Shadow Giant Crabs – Rank 3

6 Shadow Marionette Soldiers – Rank 3

Shadow Stormhawk, Deenh – Rank 3

Shadow Maiden, Salem – Rank 3

Shadow Bloody Finger, Nerijus – Rank 4

Shadow Giant Miranda Sprout – Rank 4

4 Shadow Runebears – Rank 4

Shadow Stonedigger Troll – Rank 4

Shadow Omen – Rank 4

Shadow Lion Guardian – Rank 4

Shadow Guardian Golem – Rank 4

Shadow Mad Pumpkin Head – Rank 4

Shadow Night's Cavalry – Rank 4

Shadow Priestess, Irina – Rank 4

5 Shadow Graven Mages – Rank 4

1174 Grafted Beasts – Rank 4

Shadow Warden, Edgar – Rank 5

Shadow Tree Sentinel, Tank – Rank 5

Shadow Alabaster Lord – Rank 5

Shadow Crucible Knight – Rank 5

Shadow Deathbird – Rank 5

Shadow Ulcerated Tree Spirit – Rank 5

Shadow Bloodhound Knight, Darriwil – Rank 5

2 Shadow Grafted Knights – Rank 5

Shadow Leonine Misbegotten – Rank 6

Shadow Black knife Assassin – Rank 6

Shadow Dragon, Agheel – Rank 6

Shadow Demigod, Godrick – Rank 7

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 285 18
Y/n is a trainer and aura guardian from Alola region, Y/n decided to travel the Unova region with his two friends. He meets up with Ash and things ge...
9.6K 90 35
It's a new age of Order for the Lands between. The new Elden Lord (Y/N) (L/N) has now giant land to rule and if that wasn't hard enough he is now wit...
77K 1.1K 18
(DISCONTINUED!) In a modern alternative world, there is a government job system where an employee from any workplace has the chance of not only touri...
4.5K 105 15
Realized that writing a story was fun so I'm doing it here. THIS FOLLOWS MOST OF YOUR POV UNLESS INDICATED Blaidd's age is 25 (Picture a younger ver...