Tensura / The Void Watcher

By SoulTse

{Note: This book and series involves crossovers} We all know how Rimuru got reincarnated and started his adve... More

Introduction: Arc 1: The rise of a new god
Chapter 1: Adding Primordials
Interlude: Noir and Bleu
Chapter 2: A banquet showdown
Interlude 2: Dragonic memories
Chapter 3: A Walpurgis rebirth
Chapter 5: Molten Ice
Thanks! (A/N)
Chapter 6: Testing,Testing.
Chapter 7: Aftermath
Chapter 8: A ghostly return
Chapter 9: Once a Sith
Chapter 10: Not getting dull
Chapter 11: Plans and meetings
Chapter 12: Swords and ice
Chapter 13: The Caretaker and the Child (I)
Chapter 14: The Caretaker and the Child (II)
Chapter 15: Minor spars
Interlude 3: Rain's one-day diary
Chapter 16: To remember
Chapter 17: A surfacing threat (I)
Chapter 18: A surfacing threat (II)
Extras: Notifications
Chapter 19: There the bar goes!
Origin chapter 1: God's Diary: A history
Origin chapter 2: God's Diary: A god and a mortal
Origin Chapter 3: God's Diary: An encounter
Chapter 20: Upgrade investment
Chapter 21: Night walk
Chapter 22: A dream of conversations
Chapter 23: A short breakout
Chapter 24: The fiery blaze
Chapter 25: The 501st legion
Chapter 26: A beneficial merchant
Chapter 27: The imminent fight
Chapter 28: The lost ones (I)
Chapter 29: The lost ones (II)
Chapter 30: A conspiracy's start
Chapter 31: The end of peace
Chapter 32: A tempest unleashed
Chapter 33: Holy-Demonic clash: The Blue Death
Interlude 4: Morgan Le Fay (Fate)
Chapter 34: Holy-Demonic clash: A turning point
chapter 35: Holy-Demonic clash: Operation Queller
Chapter 36: Holy-Demonic Clash: Frozen delusions
Chapter 37: Holy-Demonic Clash: Timely reinforcements
Chapter 38: Holy-Demonic Clash: The Sisters (1)
Chapter 39: Holy-Demonic Clash: My Equal (2)

Chapter 4: Dreams unfold

2.6K 79 7
By SoulTse

Rimuru's POV:

It's already been a week or more since Walpurgis already,everything is going well.Well,most of it. Diablo's takeover of Farmus was a bit time consuming and troublesome,but I am sure he will finish his task perfectly.

The thing is..

That geezer has no daily habit of cleaning!

He now has quite a big house,similar to mine,but his room is so messy compared to mine every 1-2 days! Mangas over the floor,foods,drinks in his personal space,and he sometimes even found sleeping on the floor with a book covering his face.

I really need to beat some cleaning habits into him,sleeping for 1000 years wasn't a good excuse. Especially the time when he accidentally spilled some cold chocolate into his hot spring bathtub while he was in there and forgot to clean it after all the ruckus and it's utterly irritating!

I can't believe the first thoughts of my brain after waking up at a new day are these daily stuff that troubled me every single day after he moved in.

"Please,can't you be more cautious and stop giving cleaning work to yourself?" I asked Velda,as he ate his toast at the table.

"Hehe sorry, talking about sleeping for a damn long time,I got rusty with almost everything." He sweatdropped a bit,but still jokingly apologized to an actually serious problem.

"You do have a point about that,talking about how you behaved before-"

*Splash*

"...." As I was speaking,he pulled out a bottle out of seemingly nowhere,and splashed the water right on my face.

"But I never said I got rusty in pranks,did I?" He let out a mischievous smile while laughing at me.

"You little...This is 8 in the morning and you splashed me in the face all wet! Now my clothes are fucking ruined! GET BACK HERE!"

That's it! I'm going to teach him something that I swear he will not FORGET!

"Catch me if you can!"

"Oh don't worry,I am VERY sure that I'm going to catch you-I'm not finished yet!" I shouted,while chasing him all the way down the- main door of the house.

He used the chance while I was speaking to burst out of the door and run away,that guy still had slippy tricks on his sleeves...

But I have mine too!

"And I will chase you with the very thing you had returned to me a while ago,Azathoth! Teleport me to him!"

The dark,but shining portal opened up instantly to somewhere,but I know that it's where I should be heading.

Hmm? You say how did I get this new fancy skill?

Well,it's a while ago....

—---------------------

"Hey,Rimuru."

"What's up."

"Do you want to gain your strength back to your top level? Your max,true power that could rival my 50% power of not-destroying-the-universe,coming back in an instant. What'd you think of that?"

"Well....nope. I want to gain them time by time,bit by bit. But if you were to restore my abilities,that would be a great help." I shrugged off,as it doesn't interest me at all.

"You want your Azathoth back?"

'That's an intriguing offer,having one of my previously poesessed skills back for free is actually excellent!' The slime thought,considering his offer.

"Well if you could do it,sure." Rimuru replied.

"Hang on."

Veldanava closed his eyes,put both of his hands on his friend's shoulders,concentrating into his mind. Both of them.

"Almost..."

"........"

"Done! Now I am going to transfer it to you. If you felt something is wrong,bear it,it's normal."

"......"

A surge of dark purple glooming aura materialized around Rimuru after a few seconds,along with some purple smoke,turning his eyes into purple for a brief second.

"This aura is almost like..alive!How is this possible? What did you change?"

"Hah? Nah man,I am pretty sure that it's just your skill's overwhelming power and energy within it. It's a god level skill afterall. Only you and I ever had it. I planned to get my oldest little sister one before but I threw away that thought since she might not be able to take its power back then."

"I'm sure she could do it now. She must have grown well,and had become powerful. She is no weakling after all,just a bit childish before,who knows now? Maybe she became stronger than me and developed an adult personality?"

I thought out loud,as it was really an interesting topic to me,after all these years,how is she doing?

"You are goddamn right about the adult part .But not power,I don't know now but I'm absolutely sure she is nowhere near your max power that had ever achieved,or your transformation."

"That's disappointing. But not too surprising. When I used it to unleash all my strength,I pretty much destroyed one of your arms that almost tore the region apart because of the aura and the pressure leaked from the barrier. Might sound impressive but that's where I could ultimately go. Just blasting off one of your arms with all I could."

"That's already really impressive you know? Wanna try that someday again?"

"Definitely not now,I was just going to be blasted into dust by you,Mr.God. Even after I got a manas,I would be no match for you."

"Manas? What are you talking about?"

"Let's say that yesterday,I felt that simply referring Raphael with her skill name I not that appropriate. She is conscious and even has a mind of her own! I decided to give her a proper name as a friend and a reliable partner. But then she evolved to a manas!" 

—---------------------

"Gotcha!"

"Oh shit-"

I pulled that guy into my personal dimension,now you are not going anywhere!

"I caught you. See? My management skills are still masterful!"

"Yeah yeah,to you it's been like only a few weeks after you regain your memories. Talking about that,wanna have a fight?"

"Where?"

"Here. Even if my magicules and aura were to leak,not much could sense it. this is already relatively safe,and your's will probably not even leak out a bit so it is completely safe for your citizens and subordinates." Velda said with some great confidence.

"You are the one to talk to, eh? Very well,I accept your challenge."

"Oh right,take this."

I just watched him grabbing out a long,weird looking but familiar case out from his pocket dimension. Yeah,I did recognize and know what it is.

"Grab!"

I grabbed the flying case being thrown to me mid air,as I had thought,this was that.

My long lost katana,also my favorite weapon!

"Ah,it all feels so long yet like yesterday,I did miss him all the time now."

I said while pulling out the magnificent craft out of the case and tied the case to my belt to where my original sword is.

Just as I grabbed the sword,I could feel power and familiarity flowing through my spines.

"Miss me,don't you? It's good to be back,my friend. To fight with you for another day."

"Reunion with your katana now? That's great,but what's its name? I forgot that uhh,a while ago."

"Shadow. That's what I called out before,you know,I don't like long fancy names. You said about a fight right? I am already ready for one,my blood boils even if I have none now." I posed a classic sword fight stance I would use in every fight,waiting for his.

"Your move." He followed,but using his fists.

"And enter your stances.." I said,while gazing at him.

"Go!"

As it commenced,\Veldanava vanished immediately like flashes.

'Such speed! before I could see through it,but not now anymore,not yet at least. I need to be more careful-"

I sensed a chill at my back,and my instincts made me swing my blade and block in that direction.

Turns out it was terribly right.

"You blocked my fists. Very good,your senses haven't dwindled even a bit. Then I could get more serious."

Right after that,both of them dashed back,and charged at eachother again.

Their speed was so fast that to observers it was just 2 rays of light crashing again and again,but it was very obvious that the dark blue one is faster than the other blue.

*Clang* *Clang* *Clang* *Baff*

"Your open!"

Kicking him in the chest,Veldanava was blown to the ground,even if he suffered barely any damage,which I can tell him that he kinda got kicked on purpose since if he's a bit serious,I wouldn't had hit anything in my state now.

"Hmph..Hahaha..This is brilliant! After all the years,your skills and senses are still on the top,now,continue it like what you had done..BEFORE!"

Putting both of his hands on his both sides,2 energy spheres with blinding light started to manifest on them. The 2 started slowly to merge as he moved his hands along with them to the middle.

"Can you take this..then!"

The ray of energy blasted from his hands,flying towards Rimuru at an astonishing speed,destroying everything in contact with it.

He stood there,watching as it came closer and closer,with a smirk on his face.

"As I had expected from the god. But you forgot something.."

"Absorbtion!!"

Seemingly in merely a second as Rimuru said,the blast was absorbed into a dark purple portal that opened between the blast and the target,sucking it in without any traces of it left.

"And I will be returning the favor,twice and double!"

As the portal opened again,the exact same energy attack got a direct hit on Veldanava. seemingly doubled its size and power,and cast a big smokescreen.

—-----------------------

3rd POV:

Back in someone's room,he was woken up by a weird feeling.

"Is big brother fighting Rimuru? I can sense both of their emotions and minds through the Soul corridor. And both of them are actually going seriously out. It would be fun to participate too,but not now.I'm kinda sleepy.."

—---------------------

Velzard's POV:

"What the.."

I was caught off-guard by what I had sensed earlier,big brother fighting,someone? How is that possible?

No one was foolish enough to challenge him for so long already. and he was having fun? His emotions are flooded with excitement and rushing joy. That means he was taking this like something and is having fun in it!

"Where is he? The forest? that demon lord's territory? Then who could it be..?" I mumbled.

'Wait,the strongest person in the area is supposed to be Veldora,but he was clearly not there,that means it's the newbie battling my brother..?'

Pfft,that thought sounded absolutely ridiculous to me for a moment,but still,nobody said that it's impossible.

No! Thinking that all day won't be the answer,and there is only one way to find out..

"Guy,I'm going out for a walk." I told that annoying red head before departing.

"Wha-? Oh,yeah I don't care anyway. Do whatever you want."

—-----------------------------------

"Huff,huff...That was,chilling.."

I was so tired after that intense battle and now I am struggling to even stand properly since I exhausted 90% of my magicules for that and for so long,my body wasn't even used to it and it's struggling already. I am now pretty weak,rather dissapointing.

"You still managed to impress me man,good job. Need some rest?"

" * Cough* *Cough* Sure,get me to my room and I would handle the rest myself..Oh and.."

"What?"

"It's free time for you now,do whatever you want in the town since you are probably hungry,just don't make trouble."

"Fine, fine,I got it."

Tapping his hands on Rimuru's arm,they were back in his room in an instant.

"Alright,we are here,take some rest here pal." He then carries and puts him on his bed as he stretches and yawns.

"Thanks *Yawn*,I'm gonna sleep for..a...while..now..."

After that,Rimuru immediately fell asleep as he was quite exhausted from that fight,which is too intense for his current body.

"Man,he still sleeps fast. Anyway,time to get out for some nice food and ride. Disabling my almighty senses too,they are too good and kinda use my magicules while unecessary.."

"What should I get though.Ramen? OR some curry rice? Or maybe some fries? Or all?"

He then slowly walks away to the streets while thinking about that difficult question.

—--------------

Rimuru's dream:

"Augh!" A man with cyan long hair and golden eyes with a black coat was seen being attacked by a mysterious being in the air,both flying and battling.

"Satoru!"

He was slammed into the ground by a dark gigantic dragon flying on the sky with its claws,along with a white haired teenage girl being trapped with a dark chain preventing her from doing anything.

"Velzard,break free and run!" He shouted at the girl while continuing to block the dragon's attacks coming at him.

"I can't! And I want to help you with that mindless creature-"

"Go! There is no time,I will stay and terminate this danger- grk!"

As he was busy replying,the dragon used its tail and slapped away the sword in his hands,catching him off guard.

"Shit,that got me good..." The man called Satoru mumbled as he slowly got back up.

"No I can't lay down,his target was Velzard's magicules and power,plus she wasn't strong enough yet,plus she was restrained and defenseless!"

He stood back up and charged towards the beast.

"No you don't-"

As he was charging,he was stunned and cannot move a bit,trying to break free from this unknown bind that held him tight.

"What the-I can't move,paralyzing spells!"

That's not the problem now,the issue is that the dragon left him and went for the girl,readying his claws to absorb her energy,motivated by the sole instinct of an animal that pursues power to live as it was in great injury.

"Damn spell,let me go!" He struggles to escape as he was also injured,but still tried his best knowing too well on what if the dragon succeeded in restoring his strength.

The dragon was closer and closer,now merely inches away.preparing to strike.

"VELZARD!" He shouted in despair,watching the claws being centimeters away from her only.

'No,she won't be able to break free on time! But I can't let it take her power either nor leave her to die,this is my responsibility! This is the only way,no more extras!'

He teleported right before the dragon was about to attack her with his final bits of energy as she closed her eyes.preparing for her demise.

"Huh?"

The girl opened his eyes with disbelief,only to see that the man blocked the strike with his own body,a visible claw impaled him awith his Soul and core damaged into shattered pieces,coughing blood out.

"I made it in time,although practically trading my life.." He smirked a bit,ignoring all the blood coming out of his mouth.

Velzard was astonished and set back by this information and was shocked to even react for a bit.

"Hmph..*Cough* *Cough*....I may be going down,but you are not going..anywhere! Go back to your home!" 

He used most of his remaining power to open a portal and sent the dragon inside despite it resisting all it can,disappearing in sight. And the skies were back to normal soon,winds and thunders,dreads dissapearing.

Everything seems settled,but not his injuries.

"Satoru,the hole on your body-"

"It-it's going to be fine V-velzard..*Cough*"

"Satoru!"

He lost his balance and strength to float and fell straight to the ground,and laid beside a big tall tree,bathing the sunlight with a dying body.

*Cough* *Cough*

"I think I'm not fine..My heart is dead even if it isn't my most vitals,but my soul and core are in pieces,I'm not dying yet thanks to the remaining energy keeping me alive for a brief period."

The girl rushed to his side,bowing to check on the injuries,worried.

"N-no! I can still heal you-"

She was cutted off by the man,putting his hands on her shoulders,struggling to move second by second.

"No..the injuries are already on it,my vitals are completely destroyed,and my core shattered. I..I am a mere shell that is going to die out soon. Save some energy for yourself." Said while he was smiling,accepting his fate.

"B-but you will d-die! I can just call Veldanava here and-"

"I know,sadly but you can't do anything about it, and when he arrives I would be gone, kid. It was nice to meet your brother,then you,and a bunch of others.Being with you guys for thousands,millions of years and here I am..."

She hugged him tightly,sobbing to feel that his heat and energy was fading every second,and she failed to do something to help him. He got to this just to protect her,which made her even more guilty.

"I-i'm sorry,please don't go.."

"......" He did not said a word.

"Don't go..I was mean to you at last night's dinner .I was careless about my room's hygiene.Please,don't just..go."

".........." He still kept silent,although smiling.

"Velzard,don't cry in front of me when I'm going to 'somewhere else' ok? I can't help it,it wasn't my intention in the first place anyway. Only through this,the world,and you guys can live on."

"No.."

"Go on,live a happy life..Find a settlement after all this,get new friends apart from me and your damn old brother..And enjoy your life-*Cough* to your fullest..."

He said all that while patting her back like a child,trying to soothe her to stop crying for a while.

"Please..."

"S-sorry..it's my fate. Express my regards to Velda,tell him to keep my sword and items,and I thank him for being my friend,you too.Both of you bring me lots of fun in my life now with the others.And I don't mind dying for this cause."

Using his hands to touch her face lightly,he with his eyes,observed the skies.

"This  is a good life,dying for something,before and now..Heh,I guess it was the same.how long has my life here been...almost millions as a divine human..?" He muttered as his visions gets more blurry and clouded,with his consciousness going away bit by bit every second.

"Please.."

"Tell everyone else to take care,tell those 4 to have fun,tell Soundwave to do whatever he wishes.."

Gasping the final air,he closed his eyes,and let down his hand back to the ground lifelessly. All this with a peaceful smile on his face.

Without hate and anger.

But what the girl could do,is to watch all this happen,nothing that she could do.

Under the skies,the tree,there was only 1 dead man in peace,and a broken dragon holding his hands,staring at the corpse blankly while tears dropped from her eyes..

—--------------------

Rimuru's POV:

"What the heck-"

I jumped from my bed and dreamed back to reality after waking from that dream of mine.

"Dreaming of myself dying..Weirdest stuff in a while."

"How long has it been since I was asleep?"

<2 hours.>

"Oh Ciel-sensei! Thanks for the convenience of telling me that!"

<No problem.>

Man,Ciel not only got more fluent,and more smart and cool!

I wonder what that old geezer is doing though,probably not at home,then he must be having food and snacks on the streets somewhere...

*Yawn*I was still sleepy but,as tiring as it is,I gotta get to my office for papers..

Took me some time for this chapter though,but tada! Here you go and there it is with a little peak on his old times during his first life. 

Next one will be out soon after I get some time, which fortunately I do! Now then,author here,sign out and see you soon! (A/N)

Author Update: Some chapters later on might have strange grammar and without the POVs as they are under reediting. Thanks for bearing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 876 18
****** ****, the right-hand man of the "Star King Dragon" Veldanava, died after battling the "World Destroying Dragon", Ivarage. However, what the ot...
5.2K 283 20
Raj a average guy struggling with poverty and his life dies by the hands of some not important bastard. While bleeding to his death he wishes to be r...
22.4K 585 11
After Feldway send Rimuru to the end of time and space Rimuru decide to find a way to go back when he's wake up but Ciel tell him that his timeline h...
85.3K 2.2K 20
This story begins at the end of the war in the ttigraas WN and when Rimuru gets sent to the end of space/time and when he awakes and goes in time it...