Stutter ||Huening Kai✔️

Autorstwa _straychu_

One mistake can make you open your eyes One "friend" can make you see who you really are One boy with a stutt... Więcej

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

7

577 22 3
Autorstwa _straychu_

"Kai?" I ask.

Kai looked at me from where he sat next to me on the couch.

It's been a week since he moved to town and a week since we've been friends.

He still doesn't talk, but I don't try and force him. We were hanging out at my house while my dad was at work and Eomma took Soojin for a check up.

Before I could continue, my phone started ringing.

It was Yerim.

"Hello?" I answered.

'I'm coming over," She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm pulling in right now," She said hanging up.

I jumped up, causing Kai to jump at my suddenness. I grabbed Kai's hand and dragged him up the stairs.

"Yerim is here," I said slightly panicking.

His eyes widened and he dragged me the rest of the way up the stairs. I pushed him into my room.

"I'll get her to leave as soon as possible," I said shutting the door.

I was running down the stairs at the very moment Yerim opened the front door. She was in an awfully colored pink blouse with a pair of jeans.

"What up Bitch," She said smiling at me.

I forced a smile.

"So what were you doing?" She asked going into the living room

She sat where Kai had been sitting not a minute ago.

"I was doing homework," I lied easily.

Yerim knows nothing about me hanging out with Kai and even though I didn't like keeping our friendship a secret, it was the best for the both of us.

"Really? On a Friday?" She asked scrunching her nose up.

I shrugged and she quickly got up heading for the stairs. I shot up and chased her.

*What are you doing?" I asked worriedly.

"Going to your room, duh," She said as if it was obvious.

"Why are you going to my room?" I asked slightly loud, hoping Kai would hear me.

'I'm bored down there," She said.

She opened my bedroom door before I could say anything else. Her nose immediately scrunched up in distaste.

"I thought I told you to change your room?" She said giving me a disapproving glare.

I scoffed.

"Yah Yerim-ah, I may have let you change everything about me, but there is no way that I am changing my room," I said snappishly.

She said in my swirly chair gently, acting as if it may give her a disease or something.

"Speaking of changing you," She said. "Why are you wearing that?"

I looked down at my simple long sleeve blue/grey plaid button-up that I had buttoned up and tied at the bottom, black leggings, and pink bandana tied around my head with my hair up in a messy bun.

"Because I like it." I said stubbornly.

"Just don't ever wear it to school."

I chose not to say anything.

"Why do I smell axe?" Yerim asked sniffing the air.

I froze. I quickly recovered.

"My father was in here earlier," I said.

This wasn't a complete lie. He had come home for lunch and came in here to tell me he was leaving again from work.

I could even still smell his cologne mixed with the smell of clean soap and axe which I recognized as Kai signature smell.

Was it weird that I knew that?

Maybe not. I have been at his house as much as he's been at mine for this last week.

Yerim looked at me like she didn't believe me. I shrugged and she got up again.

She went to my walk in closet which was open, so I knew Kai wasn't hiding in there.

I looked around my room, knowing there were only a few hiding spots. I noticed that my joining bathroom door was shut. I knew he was hiding in there.

I heard a scoff from Yerim and joined her in my closet.

"What is up with all the plaid?" She asked.

"I like it," I said simply.

"Just don't wear it in public," She said.

What the hell is wrong with my flannels?

We stood there for the next ten minutes, while she scrutinized all of my favorite clothes.

Finally, her phone went off and she had to go. I leaned on the banister while I watched Yerim go down the stairs and out the front door. I let go of the breath I didn't realized I had been holding and stood there for a moment.

A large hand was laid on my shoulder, scaring me half to death. Kai started laughing and I slapped his arm playfully.

"You really need to stop scaring me," I said heading down the stairs.

Kai shook his head with a smirk.

"Don't forget that I'm still planning my revenge from scaring me the first time," I said grinning.

His eyes widened momentarily.

"And I will get you back," I said mischievously.

He stuck his tongue out at me while we sat back down on the couch. I went through the movies playing on Demand and stopped on Pitch Perfect. I looked at Kai to see if it was ok. He grinned and nodded enthusiastically.

I laughed.

"Want some popcorn?" I asked.

He nodded and I got up and went to the kitchen. A few minutes later I went back in the living room with a bowl of popcorn and two Mountain Dews.

Every song that played I sang along. I've gotten comfortable singing around him. To be honest, I've just gotten comfortable around him all together.

He already knows more about me than I care to admit. He broke all four of my walls that I've put up sometime during middle school.

Nobody has been able to crack my walls, let alone break them for the past few years, but Kai has managed to do it in the past week. Maybe, it was because he's been bullied practically his whole life, so I knew he wouldn't tease me about anything I told him.

I wouldn't want anyone to know what I hid behind my walls, but I honestly don't care that he knows pretty much everything. And not just him either.

Soobin, Beomgyu, and Taehyun also know quite a lot about me. They may not know as much as Kai, but they know a lot.

Since, they became friends with Kai and I did too, l've also been hanging out with them. They are awesome guys. We all just clicked together as friends and I was definitely ok with that.

Sometime right before the Riff Off, Kai and I got in a huge popcorn fight. We were both laughing our asses off as we threw popcorn at each other, which resulted popcorn to be everywhere in the living room.

When the Riff Off started we both stopped and watched intently. This was both of our favorite scene of the entire movie. I started singing along and surprisingly Kai did too.

He had a good voice and he also didn't stutter when he sang. He looked the happiest I've seen him since he started at my school.

We sang together at the top of our lungs along with the movie. When it was over, Eomma walked through the front door.

She walked into the living room to find us standing in the middle of the living room with popcorn littering her living room.

"What happened in here?" She asked.

Soojin looked at me and Kai and smiled fully as if she knew we were going to be in trouble.

Yep, she's definitely like me.

"You two get to clean this room spotless of all popcorn,"

She demanded with a small amused smile.

"Yes, ma'am," I mocked while grinning.

Kai nodded.

Eomma gave us a stern look before she left the room and we burst out laughing.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2.4M 75.6K 86
BOOK #1 in The Fire series TRIGGER WARNING IN SOME CHAPTERS He leans closer, keeping me pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of...
749 83 19
COMPLETED ✨ Cover made by me : ) Blessing In Disguise ~Eyes that make you forget all about yourself. Excerpt: "Please listen to me doctor Harris! I...
43.7K 1.2K 41
My eyes widened as he locked my lips against his gently. Oh Jesus, he stole my first kiss. He kept licking and sucking my lips as if forced me to ope...
218K 8K 39
One mistake can make you open your eyes One "friend" can make you see who you really are One boy with a stutter that can steal your heart ...