2

The next morning I stared longingly at the clothes I loved.

I turned and glared at my overly girly clothes that Yerim had made me get.

At the beginning of sophomore year when Yerim decided to randomly take me in, she gave me a full make-over.

Making me wear make-up and buying me clothes that I hated.

I don't know why I've stayed and dealt with it all.

I hated her and her minions and hated that they are bullies.

I've never been mean to a single person.

I just stay out of everything, standing in the back when Yerim is being a bitch.

I feel guilty, because l've never stood up for her victims, never told her that it wrong of her, never walked away.

I hated myself because of it.

I sighed and changed into a black spaghetti strap dress with the mid-drift exposed, a pair of black studded ankle boots, a couple gold necklaces, and pulled a vintage looking floral cardigan on my arms. I left my hair down and pulled back a few strands from the front and secured them in the back with a black bow.

I glared at my image in the mirror and went downstairs.

I was about to leave when I heard my baby sister crying upstairs in her room.

I waited a few seconds and still didn't hear her stop crying.

I set my bag down next to the door and ran up the stairs. Entering her room, I went over to her crib. My baby sister, Soojin lay in her crib crying.

She was only five and half months old. Her hazel brown eyes that matched with our mother were glossy with tears.

"Oh, baby girl," I cooed as I picked her up gently.

She stopped crying as i held her close to my chest. I wiped the tears off her cheeks and headed to my parent's room.

Eomma was fast asleep and was snoring softly. Appa was out at work, leaving an hour before I even wake up.

I hated doing this; she hasn't had all that much sleep since she gave birth, and liked helping when I could.

I went over to my mother's side, and shook her lightly.

"Eomma," I said softly.

She woke up quickly.

Having two children seems to make it easier to wake her up, even if she was super tired.

"Yes, honey?" She asked sitting up slowly.

"Eomma, do you want me to stay home today so you can get some sleep?" | asked gently.

She gave me a sleepy smile and shook her head.

"No, but thank you," She said taking Soojin from me.

"Are you sure?" I asked slightly worried.

She nodded.

"You know I love you, right?" She asked.

 I laughed lightly and nodded.

I kissed her cheeks and headed for the door.

"I'll see you after school," I said.

She lay back down next to Soojin.

Yerim was waiting impatiently in my driveway.

"What the hell? I was about to leave your ass," She snapped.

I rolled my eyes.

"My sister was crying," I said simply.

This time, she rolled her eyes.

"Tell your mother to handle it next time," She said pulling off towards the school.

"Sure, I'll do just that," I said sarcastically.

"Good," She said, obviously missing the sarcasm.

Ten minutes later and she parked her car at the front of the school.

I went straight up to art.

Second period came quickly.

Mr Kang passed around the book we were going to be reading for the next month.

The Scarlett letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

"We will begin reading today. I will read a few paragraphs and call randomly for you to read aloud," Mr Kang said.

A few groans sounded and I saw Batman boy tense beside me.

Today he was wearing a long sleeve white shirt with black skinny jeans and converse.

Mr Kang began reading:

"A throng of bearded men, in sad-colored garments and gray, steeple-crowned hates, intermixed with women, some wearing black hoods, and others bareheaded, was assembled in front of a wooden edifice, the door of which was heavily timbered with oak, and studded with iron spikes. The founders of a new colony, whatever Utopia of humans virtue and happiness they might originally project, have invariably recognized it among their earliest practical necessities to allot a portion of the virgin soil as a cemetery, and another portion as thee site of a prison."

Mr Kang glanced around the room, until his eyes gleamed evilly and grin appeared on his thin lips.

"Mr Huening, you read," He said.

Batman boy tensed up next to me again. He ran his hand over the page of his book and cleared his throat.

"I-i-in a-acor-accordance with this rule, it m-may s-s-safe-safely be assumed th-that the for-forefathers of B-b-Boston," He stuttered out.

Oh, so that's why he was always quiet, he has a stutter.

I felt bad for him as the class started laughing, causing his stutter to become worse.

After a few moment of struggling, he sighed in frustration.

"I'll continue to read for him," I said over all the laughing.

Everyone stopped laughing and I felt all eyes on me.

"Excuse me?" Mr Kang asked, actually curious.

"I said that I would finish for him," I said.

Every eye in the room burned through my skull.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Batman boy staring at me with a shocked look.

Before Mr Kang could argue, I picked up where Batman boy left off.

Thankfully, class went kind of quickly and lunch rolled around after my free period.

At the lunch table, Yerim sat down with her salad, glaring at me.

"What was that about in English?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked sipping on my water bottle.

"Why did you stop the Loser from reading?" She accused.

I simply shrugged and looked down on my phone.

Yerim stared at me for a minute longer until Sara distracted her with something that involved shopping-another thing I hated.

Suddenly, I felt as if someone was watching me.

I looked around the cafeteria, and finally spotted the brown eyes of Batman boy looking at me curiously.

I gave him a small smile. Surprisingly, he gave me a small smile back.

Even from the distance we were at, I could see the small indents of dimples on his cheeks.

God that made him all the cuter.

He looked back down at his food. I watched him for a moment, observing him.

He would take a bite of his food, scroll through his phone, then repeat, every few bites and he would take a drink of his soda.

A few minutes later and three people joined his table.

For a minute I thought they were going to start bullying him, but that's until saw who they were.

The Misfits.