Capture Or Kill

By SmoothOpRoo

Y/n is a American special forces operator that has been working off the grid for over three years. When a new... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Interrogation
Chapter 2: Task Force 141
Chapter 3: Christmas Surprise
Chapter 4: Family Reunion
Chapter 5: The Ghost of Christmas
Chapter 7: Ghost
Chapter 8: Return to Las Almas
Chapter 9: Soap
Chapter 10: The Scorpion
Chapter 11: Father & Son
Chapter 12: Under Stars
Chapter 13: The Dad Talk
Chapter 14: Deep Breath
Chapter 15: The Devil We Know
Chapter 16: Behind The Masks
Chapter 17: Raid Part I- The Masquerade Of Evil
Chapter 18: Raid Part II- Hope Cannot Save Us
Chapter 19: Choices Have Consequences
Chapter 20: By His Side
Chapter 21: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 22: Convoy Attack
Chapter 23: For The Dead
Chapter 24: Modern Warfare
Chapter 25: Our Last Night Alive
Chapter 26: Opening Salvo
Chapter 27: The Heart Of Evil
Chapter 28: Whatever Happens
Chapter 29: Two Sons
Chapter 30: One Last Time
Chapter 31: The World Stays Clean
Chapter 32: Aftermath
Chapter 33: Laswell
Chapter 34: Price
Capture or Kill
Bonus Chapter!

Chapter 6: Gaz

800 34 8
By SmoothOpRoo

Gaz's POV

Reyes and I had volunteered to make dinner that night but after a few hours we were just waiting around for the food to finish. Reyes had pulled out some history book and was leaning against the wall in his chair completely invested in whatever he was reading. Since our base was large enough we had two kitchens with this one being more a suited to cooking rather than a lounge like the other one. I didn't have much to do since my phone was charging back in my room but as soon as the boredom had entered my mind it was immediately washed away when y/n walked in.

"Hey have you all seen Price I can't find him anywhere?" He asked.

"No, he probably went to go file some last minute paperwork or something." I replied.

"Ah gotcha. So what are you two up to?"

"Foods cooking we are making sure it doesn't burn." Reyes answered not looking up from his book.

"Actually I was kind of hoping we would talk captain?" I asked standing walking over to the door. Reyes just gave me a thumbs up and y/n nodded as we walked out slowly making our way down the hall and towards the bedrooms.

"So what's on your mind Gaz?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Well I wanted to ask about Captain Price actually. I know you and he are close and well...he and I kind of have a similar relationship so I just wondered if you had any advice or anything?"

He just looked up at me and smiled, we continued to walk down the hall eventually reaching his room. I walked in sitting in the desk chair as he sat on his bed taking off the Santa hat Soap had given him. I didn't know anything about y/n besides he was a captain of another squad and important to Price. He seemed like a good soldier and dedicated leader but he was still kind of a mystery.

"Price and I worked together for about 9 years along with the rest of Delta Squad. We hunted down high value targets all around the world often times getting into trouble but Price always got us out. He made sure I learned from both failures and successes, that was important to him." Y/n stated leaning back on his elbows.

"I know what you mean the captain seems to always teach me something after every mission. He's a good leader but I worry about him sometimes."

"Don't tell him I said this but he isn't exactly a young guy anymore and after the loss of our old squad I think he became more protective of you all. He is definitely a good leader but I get what you mean about being worried about him, sometimes we take more damage on the inside than the outside." Y/n answered.

"Who were these guys who you two used to work with?" I asked. Price had never brought it up before so I figured I should ask the other captain so I wouldn't have to open an old wound for Price and y/n seemed more open to talking about it.

"They were similar to 141 actually, Longshot was our sniper often times saving my ass from getting snuck up on. She was a good friend and strategist to always trying to find a logical solution to our problems, also a good person to vent to. She died on board a small naval vessel off the coast of France, a RPG blew up the bridge where she was directing us from killing her and most of the crew. Roach never talked much but he was always there when we needed him. A good soldier and friend to me, often times we got assigned to scout ahead together when I wasn't partnered with Chimera. He took a bullet between the eyes after he slipped off a roof and almost made it to the helicopter. Chimera he was....more than a friend to me and a trusted member of the team, pretty deadly with a knife often times getting a little too close to his opponents but always getting the job done. I think what drew me to him was his caring personality despite his sometimes brutal nature in the field, he made sure the team was okay and always carried out Price's orders perfectly. He went missing after we got separated and we were forced to retreat, I don't think he could have held off the amount of enemies that swarmed the position. Probably shot him on sight because we never heard from him again."

Y/n seemed to zone out in the silence that followed. I didn't want to push for too many details but this squad had clearly meant a lot to both y/n and Price, sort of their first family. I knew the feeling Soap and I had grown close along with Price and Ghost being more of mentors to me, 141 just felt like home. I couldn't begin to image what is must have been like for Apex's captain to loose his lover in the field but that thought made me realize something else entirely. Ghost, Soap and I had talked long into the night about y/n wondering who he was and what exactly his relationship was to Price before we had any details but it was clear was that both Soap and Ghost had taken a immediate "interest" into the young captain. I couldn't help but wonder how y/n would react especially now leading that he had to leave his last partner behind for dead.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think about Ghost and Soap?"

He paused for a moment sitting up and resting his arms on his knees. I just waited no wanting to rush the moment, I also promised not to say anything to either one of them.

"Well I don't know them very well yet but the sergeant seems friendly, always willing to put on a smile. I guess Soap has that effect on people, bringing out the best in us all. I like him he's going to be a good squad mate to have." Y/n smiled.

"And Ghost?" I asked.

"Ghost.....big guy, I definitely see why some people are terrified of him but I admire him for doing a good job in the field and from what I've been told he did well in Las Almas even saving Soap's life. Eventually I'd like to get to know him better and find out the story behind the mask but I'm just glad he's on our team."

I just nodded it had been less than two days since y/n and his squad had landed and probably too soon to ask if he had any feelings towards them. I didn't really care what any of them got into just as long as I didn't have to listen to it through the walls. Price and Laswell also didn't seem to care as long as the mission got done plus I had my own crush back in the police force so I understood the feeling.

"Can I ask you something else?"

"Sure. What's up?" Y/n responded.

"Are you scared for this mission? Makarov is dangerous and if I'm being honest I am worried that someone won't come back from this." I replied.

I had been on plenty of missions before where I could have easily been killed. Getting blown up, shot, run over, stabbed, hell I even fell out of a helicopter but something about Makarov seemed truly terrifying. Y/n just sat up rubbing the back of his neck and letting out a sigh.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. Missions always come with risks but in our line of work we have to accept those risks, I often worry about my squad mates getting killed or about Price but we can't let that stop us from doing what needs to be done, at the end of the day we all make sacrifices to keep the world safe and eventually we all run out of time but all that matter is what we do now, just live make the most out of life."

Y/n certainly was a good person to talk to and I was relaxed a bit more having him around and especially after our conversation. He was only a few years older than me but clearly had some serious experiences and I knew I would be able to talk to him if I needed. We continue to chat about past missions and fun memories with y/n even telling me some funny stories about Price while I told him about Las Almas and Amsterdam. We didn't realize how much time had past until a knock at the door startled us both.

"Come in." Y/n called. Price walked in still in his hat holding a steaming cup of something.

"What are you two up to?" He asked taking a spit from his mug.

"Just talking about you." Y/n grinned as I let a snort out.

"Right well Soap wants us to do gifts tonight since we have to be ready to leave by tomorrow night." Price said Rolling his eyes at y/n's comment.

"What?" Y/n asked confused standing up from the bed.

"Kate got word from Mexican Special Forces that the cartel are planning something likely involving Makarov." Price answered.

Y/n, Price and I just walked out and back into the half kitchen half lounge where everyone was gathered. Soap made everyone sit in a circle as he began to lead the group in the opening of presents. König had already gotten his but y/n and his squad also got 141 patches for their vests from Soap. Kate got a sweater, Price got new fancy cigars, I got a new hat, Soap got a knife and Ghost got new skeleton gloves. Everyone had a great time chatting into the night while Soap kept passing around cups of hot cider and hot chocolate. Eventually Kate had to break up the celebrations when she remembered we had to leave tomorrow night and head for Las Almas. Everyone said goodnight and headed down to their rooms to get some sleep before we would have to go back out into combat. I felt a little less nervous after my talk with y/n but something still left off about this mission, all I could do at the moment was try to get some sleep and let the feeing pass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81K 2K 16
Being a part of Captain Price's Special Task Force 141 was no easy work. Often away from loved ones for extended amounts of times, dropped in the mid...
4.3K 98 15
L.t Tristan "Hacker" Parker, gets the call from her old Captain, John Price to get her to come back to work for him. After some time she settles in w...
63.6K 1.7K 46
Simon Ghost Riley x Fem OC. ❝I am rotten. How can you see the good in me?❞ 𝑺𝒄𝒚𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒔𝒐𝒏, a tough and cold SAS soldier, haunted by the da...
568K 11.6K 32
You're a new addition to the Task Force 141. You quickly become friends with everyone except Ghost, who just seems to tolerate you. Slow burn, enemi...