The Odd One Out | ✍🏼

By ikc_writes

Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis A 14-year-old girl who has not only struggled to fit in at school but with the peopl... More

- Anagnos' and Loukanis' -
- Colombo's, Russo's and Angelo's -
0.0 Prologue
0.1 Just Another Afternoon
02. Dread
03. Love at First Sight
04. Presumed Dead
05. Assignments
06. Starching Similarities
07. Proof
08. Exhausted and Nauseous
09. Hospitals
10. Awoken
11. Take Me Home
13. Just End Me Already
14. Shame
15. Changes To Scenery
16. What Was The Point
17. Finally At Peace
18. Changing Times
19. If It Started Differently
20. Cracked Comfort
21. Fighting Love
22. Safety
23. Worried
24. Guilty but Innocent
25. Fine Line
26. Just Out Of Reach
27. Broken Pieces
28. Just Come Home
29. Stitched Up

12. The Life I Live

4.3K 101 18
By ikc_writes

 - Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

"They're gone. Your safe" Lorenzo mumbled from beneath me, as I was laying on his left side, but I had turned so my head could rest comfortably on his chest but I could also stare at whatever happened to that door. 

I didn't feel like they were gone or that I was actually safe. I had never been safe in my own house, so what made this hospital safe? 

What I didn't know was the fact that Lorenz's fingers running through my messy, dirty hair, were making me drift in and out of reality before my eyes shut themselves down for a much needed sleep.

---

- Flashback 1 - 

6 year old Thalia 

"The little girl has arrived home for her treat"  I shivered at the word treat. They used that same word last time, and it made me cringe. I was just six and my own siblings couldn't be bothered to play dolls with me. Like I had dolls in the first place. 

I felt like a rag doll to them all the time these days. "How about we dress her up before hand?" I thought sisters were supposed to band together; to understand one another when your brothers couldn't. 

"I think that would be perfect. I reckon we do pig tails this time, before putting her in her costume then we let them see her" I didn't like the words they were using. I would be wearing a costume, again. 

Costumes were supposed to be for parties or when you go trick or treating. I had never been trick or treating, but I had seen all the other little girls going while I sat in the corner of our block, looking through the fence at them. 

"Come on, sweetheart" I hated that name. I shakily shrugged my bag off, reaching out to grab Athena's hand, as she yanked on my tiny arm, while we went down to the basement instead of upstairs like last time. 

I hated it down here. This was where all of their fun happened, whether it be gross or for me to entertain not only them, but their business partners. I felt disgusted in myself. I didn't want to leave my bedroom after they did whatever they had to with me down here. 

"Sit" I didn't even get a chance to move on my own as I was put back down onto the uncomfortable chair that smelt like it had been rotting down here for years. I mean, I bet it had been.

I couldn't move an inch as my sisters all started working on my hair and face, as I saw one of them bring out a dress that I knew would barely cover anything on my body. 

I knew that I shouldn't know what it felt like to wear the bare minimum, as I knew most girls were wearing long sleeve shirts and long pants in the winter, but I was always made wear something so small. I slipped it on none the less, before sitting myself back down in the chair. 

I'll give it to them, they actually find something that fits, or is just smaller than what I know fits, but still, I don't like the outfit at all. I want to be away from them and everything they do to me. 

Once I felt the final tug and pull of my hair and the powder was out of my face, I was then swung around to face my two eldest brothers for inspection. I knew this would make them happy because it wasn't who I was. They hated me, so they always took away whatever appearance they could of me. 

They made the little girl they knew disappear. "She's ready" and with that, Leander wrapped her hand around my tiny, bony wrist and I was then dragged back out of the room that stunk. I would hold my nose, but that would ruin whatever they had done to my face. 

All I knew was that my sisters did whatever they did to my face, every day on their own. Maybe that was why I never moved away from their rough touch because I thought they did it to themselves. 

I could hear men shouting, as Leander continued to pull me towards the room I absolutely hated with my entire life. It made me shiver in disgust that this was their current torture method. I didn't even understand why they hated me so much. Why they wanted me to suffer. 

"In you go" Leander let my hand go, and I was then pushed into the room, the door slamming behind me. Orion was in the room this time, with all the other men, and I knew Apollo and Aphrodite would be in here soon. Maybe even Achilles and Adonis, or even Helios. 

Orion's face brought me some sense of peace that I knew someone in this room full of men that didn't know me and I didn't know them. But maybe this torture was better that way.  That way they wouldn't feel bad hurting me again. 

"Orion, man, you have to be joking me that you have done this again" a man that I recognized from last time, stood next to my brother. I remember him because last time, he was the only one that didn't participate, he rather just sat on his own, looking disgusted in not only himself but everyone else. 

"She's a very naughty girl" was all my brother had to say, before he grabbed my already sore wrist, pulling me so my back was flush against his tall legs. He had an arm wrapped around my throat, which meant that I had to play along with this stupid game of brother-sister love. 

The love that was never even there for me, but was always there for them. I didn't get why they hated me so much but yet I had so much love. I would die for them if I had too. 

"I can't believe you do this to a child" the man spat, before I was yanked out of Orion's hold and into this man's arms. I didn't protest when he picked me up and sat me on his hip. "If you can't treat a child like a child, then you should let someone else that will, take her" I was then carried out of the room, as I saw all of my brothers too busy to care about me. 

I was glad that this time, I wasn't slammed in the back with a hammer or whipped with a belt. My back was already sore from last weeks torture, and I couldn't feel my purple ribs anymore. They were so sore that I had lost all feeling in them. 

I also couldn't feel my left wrist after last week's torture either. It was so badly ruined, that I didn't care how rough my siblings were with it. It couldn't get any worse, could it? 

"I've got you" I didn't know that I had been brought into a bathroom. I was out of it that I was about to fall asleep, drooling all over this man's shoulder. "I'm Leon, what's your name, darling?" for some reason, I didn't hate that nickname from this man's mouth. 

If my siblings had said it, I would have shivered or flinched, but the nickname made me even more sleepy. "Thalia" I sneezed, before I was out like a light. 

---

- Flashback 2 - 

10 year old Thalia 

"Get up, you scumbag"  Alexander shouted in my face, as I pushed my face out of the dusty ground that was covered in cobwebs. I was supposed to have stayed awake the entire night, but there was just something so sickening watching blood pour out of my own body, that it has become soothing to me now. 

"Cat got her tongue?" why oh why did Helios have to walk into the dungeon with Eros in tow? Was Alexander too weak to treat me like shit? Never ever would I find it in me to ever speak back to my siblings, but sometimes I have to let my pent up anger out in my own, sick, mind. 

The same mind that has gotten me through all of their torture over the years. "Must have but she wouldn't want to dare say a word. I mean, we never even taught her how to speak or even walk" 

Everything they said about me was right. They were not the ones that were there for my first tooth or when I took my first step. I don't even remember my own first milestones, but I know, Marilyn, the lovely maid that has always looked out for me, was the one that did. 

I knew she wasn't my mother, but when I was little, she felt like one too me, so that was who I knew she was. She wasn't my mother, because I didn't have one, just like I didn't have sibling love or even a father. 

"How about we start the fun now? I can't wait any longer to hurt this child" and with that, the whips came down, just adding to my dizziness and blood loss, as I was on the verge of blacking out again. 

I never lasted long when they did this for days on end. I couldn't when I was so sick in the stomach and blood was just pouring out of me. I had lost count of how many bones they had broken. 

I was sure that more than half of my body was infected with all of my wounds being exposed. "Such a pussy" and with that, I was out like a light, because what else could I do to protect myself from their cruel hands? 

Wasn't like there was anything I could do to stop them from hurting my tired, broken, sore body. I was child, as they always referred to me as. So, why couldn't they treat me like one? 

They were sick and cruel bastards that I wished I wasn't related to them, but I was and that was just sad. 

But it was the life I lived. 

---

thoughts? xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 1.5K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...
571K 12.3K 38
She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it's there, doesn't it? From being kidnapp...
La Principessa By jh

General Fiction

439K 4.3K 8
"You are our sister, Ana! Our little girl and our world. You may not be ours by blood but you are ours by heart and choice, baby. We love you." ...
303K 7.1K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...