Eternal Love

By liahlmtn

"where are you taking me to?" you ask him while he drags you to a world. a world where you'll love and regret... More

Starting.
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
T w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
T h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o u r t y - t w o
f o u r t y - t h r e e
f o u r t y - f i v e
f o u r t y - s i x
f o u r t y - s e v e n
f o u r t y - e i g h t
f o u r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
f I f t y - f o u r
f i f t y - f i v e
f i f t y - s i x
f i f t y - s e v e n
f i f t y - e i g h t
f i f t y - n i n e
s i x t y
B O N U S
EXPLANATION

f o u r t y - o n e

71 5 0
By liahlmtn

-

7 and a half years later

"Thank you, Attorney Y/n" your client smiles at you as you both shake hands with each other.

"It's a pleasure, Mr. Kim" you smile back at him in a professional way.

He slowly lets go of your hand as he hands you the additional papers that you have to study about for his case, the court time has finished and he left the room happily with his family.

you glance at them one last time before they make their way out of the courtroom.

"Impressive professional skills, Attorney Y/n" the judge compliments you as the others are leaving the courtroom.

'Thank you, but I know I can do better than this" you smile at the judge who is glancing at you.

everyone has been complimenting you for the good job you've done for all of the people in the community.

after seven and a half years of hard work, you can finally call yourself the one you've been always wanting ever since you were a child.

"Attorney Y/n" feels like a melodic song in your ears.

you love it and you couldn't ask for more, everyone loves you for making every case win in the courtroom and for the amount of effort you've been showing to the whole community.

even rich and powerful people would love to get you as their lawyer because you'd always make everyone win.

but if you know that a powerful person is guilty and they would offer you money to make them win, you decline right away.

you know who to defend and who to not.

seven and a half years in college never felt like hell for you, well, it would slightly feel like it but most of the time it wasn't. you pursued your dream passion and it felt like a hobby for you to go to law school.

if you want your job, you'll love the steps.

but you can't lie though, it was also a bit tough knowing that you didn't get any kind of professor in College, unlike Professor Hope.

you smile as you think about your Senior Year teacher.

you wake up into your thoughts as you take the folder and flip the pages, you took a highlighter in your pencil case as you begin to take important information.

"Attorney Y/n"  you hear a man's voice from behind.

"yes?" you ask while your eyes are glued to the paper.

"you have another court meeting later at 4 pm" your secretary announces while reading the clipboard he's holding.

you paused a little until you feel your phone vibrating in your pocket followed by a ringtone, you made a tsk sound as you forgot what you were reading

"I turned this shit off to silent mode 20 minutes ago," you say under your breath.

you clasp your phone in your hands as you check who's calling you during work hours, and it's just your sister, you annoyingly answer the phone call.

but instead of getting irritated and scolding her for calling you at this time, your mouth forms into a smile as you hear a young soft melodic voice

on the other line: Hewwo Auntie! I mish you!

you chuckle as you hear your niece's baby voice, her name is Roselyn and she's currently 3 and a half years old, her parents are Rose and Mark Tuan. You and Roselyn share a lot in common and you love her so much as you love to spoil her with everything she wants her parents don't always approve of that what could they do, she's your only and favorite aunt.

you: I miss you too, Roselyn.

your reply in a teasing manner and you can hear her chuckle in the other line, and it makes your stress go away in a matter of seconds.

Roselyn: please g-go h-home auntie!

she tries her best to say words in full sentences but she couldn't control her stuttering for her age, you chuckle at her as you say but you soon feel guilty as she wants to spend more time with you.

"well baby, I have an upcoming court meeting at 4 pm-"you got cut off by her.

"pweeeeaseeee?" she begs through the phone with her loud voice anmakesng sure that you could hear her loudly and clearly that your secretary heard her speak even though the call isn't on speaker mode.

you glance at your secretary and he gives you a worried look, you know that you can't skip this meetinbecauseat you're about to meet one of your biggest clients.

you give your secretary a small nod as a no, signaling him to postpone your meeting.

"fine" you mumble with a smile.

she screams in joy as she hears your reply, you know that you can skip anything just for your niece.

"Thank chu" she replies to you while you chuckle.

"Roselyn, where are you? let's take a bath" you hear your sister's voice on the next line.

"Oh my, who are you calling on my phone?"  she asks curiously.

"Auntie" she cheekily replies while holding the chocolate you bought her last 2 weeks ago

"she's currently at work you're not supposed to be disturbing her at this time" she scolds her daughter as she asks for her phone and Roselyn gives it to her, she gets disgusted by the chocolate smear on her phone and looks at her daughter who has so much chocolate smears all over her mouth and hands.

"sis, I'm sorry that Roselyn called you at this time," she says.

"No, it's okay, I've postponed my next meeting for tomorrow" you smile on the phone.

"Okay then, just don't stress yourself and do what your heart wants" Rose motivates you with words, and you thank her with all your heart.

she's been supporting you ever since High School and you're thankful that she still helps you even at this time when she has her own family and a messy daughter to take care of.

some times you wonder how she got a family first before you, she never dated anyone in High School and would ditch everyone who would try to court her.

maybe love wasn't really for you at that time.

-

"Thanks for fulfilling your niece's wish" Rose thanks you as soon as you open the door of your house.

"It's not a big deal, you know I'd skip everything to be with her" you laugh at your sister as you could hear small running footsteps from the kitchen.

"Yeyy Auntie y-you're back!" Roselyn's eyes sparkle as soon as she sees you, she runs up to you and throws the biggest hug.

you kneel to hug her better and more comfortably, she wraps her arms around your neck and you wrap yours around her small figure.

"Look what I got you" you slowly let go of her as you take something from your shoulder bag, revealing a new box of the limited edition shopkin toy.

"Thank chu!" she hugs you tighter as she takes the small box and goes to the wall, she sits down on the floor while trying to unbox it.

"I know that toy is expensive, would you like me to pay you back?" Rose asks while you both stare at Roselyn, you shut her up and say.

"Nah, it only cost a penny" you sassily say to her then both of you laughed together

and this is what you call success.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737K 29.2K 30
can you fall in love with your sugar daddy, by the way? ♠ | park jimin fanfiction. ♥ | mature content.
184K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
59.4K 5K 42
Her eyes, they're, empty. She walked with the fate of the universe in the palm of her hands, and made it look like a pair of broken wings. ------- "L...
20.7K 1.3K 35
Jungkook moves to Korea years after staying abroad and happens to collide with Y/n, who's not only his classmate but also his family friend's daughte...