The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
3 | Confrontations
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

11 | Making Things Official

304 11 3
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

IS THIS YOUR WAY OF ASKING ME TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?

ISADORA SCRIBBLED ON HER NOTEPAD.

As she did, Steve looked over and noticed Isadora was completely distracted by whatever she was drawing and he nudged her gently.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked her. Isadora jumped and quickly covered what she had been writing before looking over at Steve.

"Uh, n-nothing," Isadora quickly closed her notebook and then folded her arms as she sat back in her chair, only to see Kendra walking into the room and she smiled at her best friend before Steve nudged her again and Isadora made a face at him, "What do you want from me, Harrington?"

"What time are we meeting at your house before the school dance?" Steve asked her. Isadora shrugged as she looked towards him.

"Uh, not sure. Maybe like 6pm?"

"6pm sounds good to me," Steve nodded and Isadora smiled at him before opening her notebook again and scribbling away at the page she'd been working on. As she did, Billy made his way into the classroom and as he walked past her, he stopped and she looked up to see him towering over her desk.

"Hi," Isadora smiled up at him.

"Hi, Princess. What are you working on there?" Billy asked her.

"Oh, uh, nothing important," Isadora shrugged as she closed her notebook and smiled at Billy as she rested her arm across her notepad.

"Are you hiding something, Princess?" Billy asked, as he gestured towards the notepad.

"Uh, no. Just schoolwork," Isadora shrugged. Billy raised an eyebrow and looked at her skeptically before nodding and leaning down to whisper in her ear.

"See you in the gymnasium during your free period, Princess."

"Oh ... uh, s-sure," Isadora nodded as she looked down and tried to hide the fact she was blushing, neither her nor Billy noticing the teacher had entered the classroom as Isadora looked at Billy, "What makes you so sure I'll ever be at the gymnasium during my free period today?"

"Miss Jones," the teacher warned and Isadora gulped as Billy smirked at Little Miss Perfect being told off for talking and she momentarily glared at him as he walked past her and sat down at his normal desk. Despite being told off, it didn't ruin her mood for Isadora Jones was happy for the first time in a long time. For the first time in the last few years, she felt like everything in her life was finally falling into place again. She had been doing better in all her classes, once again achieving straight A's in pretty much all of them and since the fair, Isadora and Billy had been spending a lot of time together, although lately, Isadora had been spending so much time with Billy that her friends rarely even saw her, except for when they were all at school together. During class, Isadora focused her attention on the notes she was writing down in her notepad and listened as the teacher talked to them and asked questions, answering many questions that the teacher asked but as she went to answer another question, a student groaned loudly and Isadora lowered her hand.

"Princess, why don't you let someone else answer?" Billy suggested, reminding Isadora of the day she had first met Billy. Feeling her cheeks heating up, she turned to look at him and shrugged.

"Well, seeing as you're so keen to participate, Mr. Hargrove, why don't you tell us the answer to the next question?" The teacher suggested.

"You know what, I like that idea," Isadora said and Billy scrunched his nose up as he glared at the blonde, who smiled innocently at him.

"I'm sorry, what was the question again?" Billy asked.

"Who was captain of the Titanic when it sank on April 15, 1912?"

"Oh, that's an easy one. It was Edward Smith," Billy said. Isadora turned to look at Billy and raised an eyebrow as he answered the question.

"I mean that answer is correct but can I ask how did you know that?" Isadora asked him.

"Do you remember when you had been talking to me about that book you'd been reading which you found really interesting?"

"Yes? You mean the one where I thought you hadn't been listening to what I had been saying?" Isadora asked him.

"Guess I must've been paying more attention than I thought I had been," Billy told her wryly. Isadora looked over at him and smirked as one of the girls in the class looked between the two and frowned.

"I didn't think Isadora and Billy even talked?" She whispered to Steve, who looked at the girl and shrugged as Isadora returned her attention to the front of the classroom. For the remainder of the class, she scribbled away at what she'd been working on earlier in her notebook and when class ended, Isadora waved goodbye to Billy before she followed Steve and Kendra out of the classroom.

"What book was Billy referring to?" Steve asked as the group walked.

"Walter Lord's; A Night to Remember. I had been reading it and was telling Billy about it but I honestly didn't think he was really listening when I was telling him about it," Isadora shrugged.

"And why did you get told off?" Kendra asked.

"Billy was saying he'd see me in the gymnasium on my free period and I was asking him what made him think I was even going to go to the gymnasium during my free period," Isadora explained.

"Probably because you're there every time you have free period," Steve pointed out.

"That's totally not true," Isadora retorted. Steve rolled his eyes at the blonde as they walked over to grab lunch together and Steve watched in surprise as Isadora grabbed a sandwich and some cookies.

"Isadora Jones, are you eating something besides a chicken salad?"

"Yes," Isadora nodded, choosing to ignore him as she looked through the rest of the food options before she grabbed a drink and moved aside to wait for Steve and Kendra to grab what they wanted for lunch before the three of them walked over to their normal lunch table.

"Hi, Is!" Ellie waved as she walked over to sit down with one of her friends. Isadora smiled and waved back at the younger girl before turning her attention back to the conversation with her friends.

"I don't think in the two years we have gone to school together for that I have seen you eat anything besides chicken salads," Steve commented.

"Oh, come on. We've had this argument before. I do eat other things besides salads," Isadora retorted as the three of them sat down at their normal lunch table.

"What are you two bickering about?" Hazel asked as they joined her.

"Why weren't you in class?" Isadora asked, as she picked her sandwich up and took a bite of it.

"I had an appointment with the guidance counsellor. So, what were you and Steve bickering about?" Hazel asked them.

"About whether or not Isadora eats anything besides salads," Kendra told Hazel.

"Well, I mean I have seen her eat some of my cooking but when we're at school, I've only really seen her eat salads," Hazel shrugged.

"See, that's what I'm saying," Steve said, as he looked towards Isadora.

"I guess I just like to eat salads when I'm at school," Isadora shrugged before taking another bite of her sandwich before she turned her attention towards Kendra and Hazel, "I cannot believe the school dance is tomorrow night. I am so excited, it's gonna be so much fun!"

"Yes, we're gonna have the best time tomorrow night. By the way, do you have a dress yet, Is?" Hazel asked her.

"Yes, of course I have a dress. Why wouldn't I have a dress?" Isadora asked defensively.

"I mean, you didn't come dress shopping with Ken and I when we bought our dresses, so I guess I was just curious if you ended up buying a dress," Hazel shrugged.

"Uh, y-yeah, I have a dress," Isadora shrugged as she looked down at her food and picked at her sandwich. She didn't really want her friends knowing she could afford to buy a new dress so the dress she was going to be wearing was an old dress she had found in one of her cupboards, one that she had managed to adjust the hem of so it didn't look ridiculously long on her.

"Ok," Hazel nodded as Eddie joined them at the table and smiled at them all before the conversation shifted and as the friends talked about what had happened in class earlier, Hazel frowned before looking towards Isadora, "So, you never told us, Isa, what happened between you and Billy?"

"What makes you think something happened?" Isadora asked, as she broke one of her cookies in half and took a bite out of it.

"Is, we have barely seen you recently but every time we do see you, it's almost like ... like you've been hiding a secret from us."

"You're one to talk, Steve," Isadora scoffed.

"I mean, he's right, Isa. It does seem like you're keeping something from us," Kendra told her.

"Just because you like Steve, it does not mean you have to agree with everything he says," Isadora told Kendra before looking towards her plate, "I think I need a fruit salad."

"You might want to hurry, Is. It doesn't look like there are many fruit salads left," Steve told her. Isadora looked over where the food was before nodding as she got up and went to grab a food salad before returning to rejoin her friends, opening the fruit salad and popping a piece of pineapple in her mouth, and Steve watched her before leaning closer to her to whisper in her ear, "My parents made sure your school lunches for the rest of the year were paid for."

"Oh, uh ... t-thank you," Isadora whispered back to him, unaware that Billy was standing by the cafeteria door, wondering what Isadora and Steve could possibly be whispering about, as Isadora looked down at her hands before looking towards Steve and whispering, "I'll pay them back, I promise."

"Is, you know you don't have to do that."

"What are you two whispering about?" Eddie asked, as he looked between them. Isadora jumped and felt her cheeks heating up as she shook her head.

"N-Nothing."

"We were just talking about what happened between Isadora and Billy," Steve said. Isadora rolled her eyes and laughed as she playfully nudged him.

"You're persistent. We just went on a date," Isadora shrugged before looking away from him, only to notice a younger boy approaching their table with sunflowers in his arms and Isadora watched as he walked over to their table.

"Are you Isadora?" The boy asked her.

"Yes, I am," she nodded.

"These are for you," the boy told Isadora as he held the sunflowers out to her.

"O-Oh, uh ... thank you —" she smiled as she took the flowers from him.

"Why are you giving Isadora flowers?" Steve asked the boy.

"Oh, he asked me to give them to her," the boy shrugged as he pointed towards the door and Isadora looked over to see Billy leaning against the cafeteria door, watching as Isadora looked from him and towards the flowers before looking back towards him as she got up and walked over to where Billy stood, and smiling as she approached him.

"So, are you making the freshman do stuff for you now, Hargrove?" She teased as she reached him.

"Oh, I'm not carrying flowers through the school," Billy told her.

"Oh, why? Would that ruin your reputation, Hargrove?" Isadora teased before looking towards the flowers and smiling, "You remembered that sunflowers are my favourite."

"Yes, I did," Billy said. Isadora smiled at him as Billy nodded towards the flowers, "Is, I think you missed something."

"What —" Isadora started as Billy pulled a card out from amongst the flowers and handed it to Isadora, who recognised the messy handwriting as Billy's and as she opened the card, she smiled as she read the note scribbled on the card; I can't believe I am actually doing this because of how stupidly cheesy it is but will you be my girlfriend, Isadora Jones? Isadora looked up form the note and scrunched up her nose as she looked towards Billy, "You're right, Hargrove, it's stupidly cheesy but yes, I would love to be your girlfriend."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that, Princess," Billy said before kissing her, not caring that the entire school was watching the two of them. Isadora blushed as she pulled away and turned to see her friends as well as many other students watching the two of them, but the one person she noticed was watching them was Amanda, who looked pissed off, but Isadora chose to ignore her as she turned back towards Billy.

"You know this mean you're going to have to be seen with me, which means your reputation is probably going to totally ruined," Isadora teased him.

"Hmm, I think I can live with that, Little Miss Perfect," Billy chuckled and Isadora rolled her eyes and smiled as she hugged Billy before making her way back over to where her friends were and Steve immediately turned his attention towards her.

"It was just a date?"

"Oh, shut up," Isadora laughed.

"So, does this mean you're going to the dance with Billy?" Hazel asked her.

"Yeah, I am," Isadora nodded. As she looked towards Billy, she smiled, feeling happier than she had in a long time, blissfully unaware that that happiness was about to be shattered completely or that she would be the one to shatter the happiness. 

💔💔

This chapter was a little cheesy but I liked the way the rewrite turned out. 

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.1K 20
Billy Hargrove was everything i lived for. We made so many great memories. i cant lose him. Not now, not ever. He's still in there. You dated Steve...
91.3K 2.1K 55
NOT SET IN THE SAME TIME// Wanted them to be able to text eachother If we continue to patch eachother up, maybe one day we'll heal together...šŸ„€ Aft...
1.1M 24.3K 67
"I got so many issues. Do you know that?" "You're just as troubled as me" In that moment I realized he and I were exactly alike. --- Billy Hargrov...
651K 14.3K 52
'He gazed into her teary eyes, she ran her thumb over his bruising cheek. Smoke blew through their lips, mingling in their air. She couldn't stand to...