༘ ⊹ ࣪ ˖𐙚❙ 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐎𝐑'�...

By -novxscomet

❝ 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨. ❞... More

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐨. 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐢. 𝐢 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐫
𝐢𝐯. 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐫
𝐯𝐢. 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐚𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐧𝐬
𝐢𝐱. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝
𝐱. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐱𝐢. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐡
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝟏𝟗
𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝐱𝐱. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐢 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐚
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲
𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐨𝐡, 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐚
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐟𝐭
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬
𝐱𝐥. 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐥𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩

813 39 8
By -novxscomet

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter two ―― they need help

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SMILED A LITTLE as she stretched her legs out and closed her eyes. She was sitting in a chair on top of the rv with Dale standing next to her. She let out a soft sigh as she let her body relax, there hadn't been much time, if any, to actually let herself relax since the outbreak started and it felt nice even if the chair was uncomfortable.

"I thought you came up here to help me watch the camp." Dale stated, a small chuckle behind his words.

"In a minute, please. The sun feels nice."

"Alright." He nodded, laughing lightly at the girl. He had seen how hard she had been working, especially with the kids to keep them entertained and busy, and he knew that she could use even the smallest of breaks and the camp was pretty much quiet.

"Hey, Dale." Lori called out as she looked up at the man. "I'm headed out." She told him before looking over at Carl. "Sweetheart, I want you to stay where Dale or Charlie can see you, okay?" She told the boy who was sitting in the dirt playing with some toy cars.

"Yes, mom."

"You too." Dale called after her as she turned to walk away. "Don't wander too far. Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll send Charlie runnin'."

"Yes, mom." Lori muttered as she walked away and Charlie sat up as she looked at the older man.

"You'll send me?"

"Who has a better chance of getting there faster, you or me?" He asked, a smile on his lips and she chuckled. "Besides, I've seen you with a gun, you're a good shot."

She smiled as she stood up, looking around the camp to make sure she had eyes on everyone and she did, with the exception of Lori and Shane. She sighed, shaking her head a little then she held her hand out to Dale and he passed her the binoculars. She put them to her eyes and looked around the trees, making sure they were clear, at least as far she could see.

"Anything?" Dale asked, looking over at the brunette.

"All clear." She gave him a smile as she handed the binoculars back to him, moving closer to the edge of the rv to make sure Carl was still there and she smiled a little upon seeing the kid, he drug a yellow car across the ground making a sound close to the sound a car would make. She hated that this was his life now, but at least he was alive and at least he could find a little piece of joy in something like a few toys.

"You alright?" Dale asked and she looked over at him, wiping at her eyes that had started to fill with tears.

"I knew his dad." She mumbled, looking back at the kid. "He was like a brother to me and I hate that he lost him. He was a good man, one of the best." Dale smiled small as he reached over and placed his hand on her arm, squeezing a little for comfort. "Um, I'm gonna go for a quick swim, take the kids. Let 'em splash around for a little bit."

"I think that would be nice." He smiled at her and she nodded before making her way over to the ladder and climbing down the back of the rv.

"Hey, Carl." She called the boy over and he made his way towards her. "Wanna go for a quick swim?"

"Yeah." He grinned. "Can Sophia come, too?" He asked looking over at Carol who sat with the little blonde girl.

"I'll look after her." Charlie gave the woman a smile, but it faded when Ed - Carol's husband - walked over. "Why don't you come, too? Laundry's washed up for the day."

"No, um, Sophia, you can go. Got stuff to hang." The older woman told her daughter, who smiled as she joined Charlie and Carl, the boy had grabbed the older girl's hand as they walked through camp.

"They can come, too." Charlie offered, looking over at the two Hispanic kids and their mother. "We won't be long." The woman nodded and the two kids grinned as they rushed over to join them and they all made their way towards the quarry.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "THANK YOU." Carol smiled over at Charlie as the younger woman pulled her wet hair up into a messy bun. "Sophia had a great time."

"She's a sweet kid." Charlie told her.

"You're good with them."

"Always liked kids." She shrugged. "And I helped raise Carl, I was thirteen when he was born and Lori let me babysit all the time. I loved it."

"Ever thought about having any of your own?" Carol asked.

"I did." She nodded. "Before all this, now, bringing a kid into this world. . . doesn't seem right to me. Maybe if all this ends and I'm still kicking, but that's not likely."

"You never know." Carol offered a kind smile and Charlie nodded, returning a smile. Though she wasn't so sure, a lot could happen and she would put her own life on line if it meant saving those she cared about.

"It's late. They should've been back by now." Amy huffed as she paced not far from where Dale and Jim - another guy in the group - stood in front of the rv. Dale was checking the hose which was more than a little damaged and it meant that it was pretty much stationary until they could possibly get a new one. But they didn't plan on leaving, so it wasn't a high priority.

"Worrying won't make it better." Dale told her and Charlie patted Carol on the back before making her way over to Lori, smiling a little as she passed Shane and Carl. Shane was teaching the boy how to tie knots but before she got close to the woman the C.B radio buzzed.

"Hello, base camp. Can anybody out there hear me?" The voice asked and Charlie was the first one up the ladder on the back of the rv. "Base camp, this is T-Dog. Anybody hear me?"

"Hey, T." Charlie spoke into the mic. "Reception's bad, but I hear you."

"We're in deep shit." T-Dog's voice was staticky but she could just barely make out what he was saying and she looked over, meeting Shane's eyes. "We're trapped in the department store."

"He say they're trapped?" Shane asked and Charlie nodded as she played with the knobs, hoping to get a better connection.

"There . . . all over the place . . . of 'em. We're surrounded."

"Imma need you to repeat that." Charlie spoke into the mic, but all she got back was static. "T?" Still nothing. "Damnit, I lost him." She huffed as she put the mic down.

"He said the department store." Lori stated.

"Yeah." Charlie nodded as she made her way down the ladder. "Let me-"

"No." Shane cut her off.

"I can get in and-"

"Not happening."

"Bubba, they need help." She huffed, making her way over to him. She had her head tilted back as she looked up at him, him being taller than her - she was barely 5'4" and he was close to six foot.

"No way."

"Mason is with them, I need-"

"We do not go after them." He stated, looking her dead in the eye as she narrowed her eyes at him. "We do not risk the rest of the group. Y'all know that."

"So we're just gonna leave her there?" Amy questioned. Her sister had been a part of the group who had gone into the city and she was more than a little worried that she might not make it back.

"Look, Amy, I know that this is not easy-"

"She volunteered to go to help the rest of us."

"I know." He nodded. "And she knew the risks, right? See, if she's trapped, she's gone. So we just have to deal with that."

"Maybe you do." Charlie huffed and she made her way towards the cars, her steps sure as everyone watched her. She chewed at her lip and her hands shook a little, but she squeezed them into fists to stop the trembling.

"Charlie, no." Shane rushed after her, grabbing her waist and pulling her to a stop, she turned to face him, anger clear on her face. "You are not going out there."

"I'm not gonna let them die. I'm not letting Mason die."

"He could already be-" She yanked her arm from him and slapped him across the face, tears welling up in her eyes and her trembling in her hands became more violent.

"Don't." She gritted out through clenched teeth, shocking his back, her hands firm against his chest.. "There's still a chance to save him. I'm going."

"Like hell you are." He bent down and tossed her over his shoulder, which was seemingly effortless as he turned and made his way back towards the tents.

"Shane! Put me down!" She huffed, throwing her fists into his back as she kicked her feet but he didn't stop until they were at her tent, it was a deep shade of green and big enough for three people. "You son a bitch." She muttered once she was on her feet. "Why won't you let me go?"

"I already lost Rick, I can't lose you, too." He told her and she stopped, her breathing hard. "I can't lose you, Charlie, I just can't."

She was taken aback, of course that was what he was worried about. He had lost his best friend who was like a brother to him. And he couldn't handle losing his sister, who he had pretty much raised on his own. Still, she was pissed and she wanted him to know it. "If he doesn't make it back, I will never forgive you."

"At least you'll be alive." He called out as she walked away but she continued into the woods until she thought she was far enough away that no one would hear her cry. She let out a choked sob and leaned against a tree then she let her body sink to the leaf covered ground as she buried her face in her arms that were resting on her knees. She blamed herself, she was supposed to go on that run into the city, it was her turn, but Shane refused and Mason offered to go in her place.

NOVA SPEAKS !

look at me updated on the day i said i would lol. tuesday is gonna be the day i update this book, so, yeah. i know it's only chapter two, but i hope you're all enjoying it!! let me know what you think!

and i promise that the
story will pick up eventually.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 142 10
𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹. 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆, 𝘂𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗹𝘆, 𝗱𝗲𝘀�...
you By .

Fanfiction

122 14 12
blah
23.9K 685 30
𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥...
96K 2.1K 123
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝗴 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝗴𝐞 𝗴𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞...