Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|CII|

26 1 0
By risingdawn2022

"Heartless (III)"
__________________

"This was a bad idea." Liam muttered as he was second-guessing himself right now, now... That he was actually going to put his plan into motion.

"It's not a bad idea." Hayden said.

"It is a terrible idea." Theo remarked and Liam yanked on the chains, as the chimera attached to them, he nearly fell over. "I told you where the transformer is. I told you how it works. I don't need to be there when it all blows up." Theo said.

"It's not going to blow up!" Hayden shot back and a quiet thud came from behind Liam, who turned around and snarled.

"Really?" Beatrice asked as she casually stood there and Liam shook his head.

"What was that for?" Liam exclaimed and Beatrice shrugged at the words.

"I was bored waiting for you. What the hell took you guys so long, I had time to run the entire freaking Preserve in my full wolf and in my human form." Beatrice noted.

"So, you had to scare us?!" Liam shot back and Beatrice stared at him with emotionless eyes. "I hate it when you do that." Liam muttered.

"If you had spent more time learning control over your senses, then I would not have actually been able to scare you, Dunbar." She remarked and he glared at her. "We goin' or what?" She asked and she was turning around to continue to walk.

"They ride the lightning. We can use that to catch one and keep him there until we figure out what they want. It's a good idea." Hayden's arguments kept on coming as Beatrice listened with open ears, as she walked ahead.

"You guys ate trying to catch a Ghost Rider. A million things can go wrong. Terrible idea." Theo exclaimed.

"I agree with Theo. This is a terrible plan, but we also don't have anything better." Beatrice pointed out and they all looked at her. "Also, can we keep moving? Casey's sonic emitter is going off and the sooner I get to her with all of you, the sooner, the headache goes away." She said and they continued to walk.

"You guys want me to leave you alone?" Beatrice turned around to see that Liam and Hayden were glaring at Theo, who held up the chains. "Oh, that's right, I can't." Beatrice laughed at the annoyance and the couple were turning to look at her.

"What? Your expressions, they are fucking hysterical." Beatrice laughed as she spoke and they all continued to walk.

Casey turned off the sonic emitter as Beatrice was shakin' her head to clear the noise from it. "You okay?" Casey asked and Beatrice nodded, rubbing her temples.

"Yeah." Beatrice muttered and she looked at the cage. "So, how do we get him in?" She asked.

"We have to lure him in." Corey explained and Casey nodded a little bit.

"I'll do it."
"I'll do it."

Beatrice and Hayden had spoken up at the same time and they looked over at each other. "I'm faster." Beatrice pointed out.

"But, what if you don't make it out in time?" Hayden asked and Beatrice raised her eyebrows, as she nodded a little.

"I'll take my chances." Beatrice said and she looked at her claws. "Besides, I can go into a full-wolf, if I really need to get out of a small space." She said.

"I think that it's the best plan or even idea, that we have right now."

"As long as everything goes perfectly and he doesn't just escape and kill us all." Theo pointed out.

"And your transformer works and the whole damn place doesn't catch on fire." Hayden said.

"And there isn't a catastrophic solar flare." Mason finished and they looked at each other.

"I brought coffee." Casey pointed at their coffees in the corner and they got to work.

When a Ghost Rider did eventually show up, Beatrice raced into the cage and it followed. She ducked out of the other side and Liam shut and locked it on that side.

Until they realized that Scott's side of the cage was catching on something at the end of it. Beatrice roared and lunged forward, kicking the Ghost Rider with both feet and sending him tumbling into the wall. She roared as he got up and she lunged into the cage.

"Beat!" She heard Liam shouting as Beatrice was avoiding the strikes from the Ghost Rider, as Theo and Scott had managed to get the cage almost closed and Beatrice roared, backing toward the gate.

"Beat! Come on!" Beatrice snarled when she heard Theo and the others shouting at her and when she dove for the opening, she was shifting into a wolf just before she would've been stuck and she crashed into the wall.

Casey and Mason laid down the mountain ash as Beatrice was on the ground in her human form. "Casey, I could use the bag." Beatrice muttered as she was curled up in a ball, and she was naked from the full-shift. Casey handed her jacket over to Beatrice, as the younger girl was digging through the bag for more clothes.

"You could've been erased!" Scott shouted at her and Beatrice looked at him and she was zipping up the jacket quickly.

"Beatrice, she knew what she was getting into. If she didn't honestly think that she could've made it out, then she would not have done it." Casey pointed out and Scott growled at Beatrice who stood up.

"I'm honestly not affected by you pulling rank." Beatrice muttered and Scott glared at her, before, he turned back around to face the Ghost Rider.

Beatrice came running back into the room along with Casey, when they all heard Parrish's growling.

Casey and Beatrice helped Scott and Liam get Parrish out of there, before Casey looked at Beatrice and now, the girl had her face fully shifted and her claws were out. "What are you hearing?" She asked.

"Pain." Beatrice growled as she took off running. Beatrice leapt into the air and she sunk her claws into the man's back as he roared in surprise and the pain was very much audible as Theo was dropped onto the ground.

He spun around and threw her off and Beatrice crashed into the wall, as she lunged at him again, slashing at his face and he roared in fury.

Beatrice ducked his swipes and she discovered that his face was clawed up, as at least one of her hits had connected. His claws stabbed into her and she let out a screaming roar as he laughed.

"The little wolf." Whoever the hell that he was, he was an alpha and he was looking over at Theo, who was the only one who could easily break the ash barrier. "The little Hale who refused to leave her pack." Beatrice snarled defiantly, but she was unable to move and she could smell her own blood. "Break the barrier. Or... I kill you both." He snarled as Theo looked at Beatrice, who shook her head.

"Don't do it." She said and his claws twisted and she shouted in pain as the claws were ripping quickly through the wound and she roared loudly, as the wolf features were changing back to human and the pain, was returning her to human.

"Fine, fine!" Theo kicked open the barrier and Beatrice was thrown onto the ground as she was backing up and away, her hand covering the massive claw marks as her hands were coated with her own blood.

Theo crouched next to her and she was shaking her head, as she leaned her head against the wall. "This is one of the times... When I'm glad that I am not a chimera anymore." She said and she focused as her eyes shone icy blue and she was focusing, just to kick off her healing.

The others ran in and Casey immediately went to Beatrice, not even caring about the Ghost Rider's dead body. "I'm okay. I'm okay." She whispered and Casey looked at her as she touched her hand.

Beatrice moved her hand away as Casey looked stunned at the massive clawprints and she looked at Theo, as he was leaning onto the wall next to her. "How did this happen?" Casey asked, gesturing to Beatrice's wound and Theo looked at her.

"He had to, Hayden He had to open the cage, or, he would have killed us both." Beatrice muttered as Casey was helping her up to her feet and when Beatrice nearly fell again, Casey was moving the young Hale's arm, across her neck. "Thanks Case." Beatrice said and Casey nodded, as now, they were very slowly movin' her out of the area and Casey got her to the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 29.6K 47
❝Contrary to the popular belief, there's a very thin & fragile line between saying too much, and saying too little. More often than not, you'll find...
68.5K 1.5K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...
14.7K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...