Dynasty

By niamh_16_xo

When Yelena Stilinski comes back from college for Christmas break she quickly finds herself caught up into th... More

Dynasty
1...Once in a Wolf Moon
2...Night time creatures
3...Second chance
4...Disruptions
5...Dream state
6...Bullet visual
7...Notify
8...After school special
9...The Unleashed
10...Crescent Mind
11....Chasing Messages
12...Wolfs omission
13...A coalition
14...Informality
15...Breaking the Code
16...Low Communication
18...Shifting of the moon
19...Ice Fight
20...Unnatural
21...Poison
22...Boom companion
23...Holding back
24...Rhapsody
25...Surprise guest
26...A Special appearance
27...Wrath
28...In the combat zone
29...The final act
30...Out there in the middle
31...Fight or flight
32...Unravelled
33...Forcefield
34...Through their eyes
35...Its about the facts
36...Overshadowed
37...Unmasked
38...A Deal with the Demon Wolf
39...A Pact of Packs
40... Curved moon
41...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
42...Neon Lights
43... Deprivation and Desperation
44... Transfixed

17...Inarticulate

633 14 0
By niamh_16_xo

Yelena walked through her bedroom door just as Derek was climbing through her window.

"Hey." They said at the same time, both of them letting out a small chuckle.

"You were at my house?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"We were looking for Lydia."

Derek crossed his arms and leaned against her bedroom wall, "You should've stayed." He said with a smirk as Yelena smiled at him.

"I got the job." She told him

"The beacon Hills observer?"

Aside from her father, Derek was the only person she'd told about her job interview. They'd spent the whole night sharing things and it was just easy, she knew he was still holding back from her but they just got each other.

"Yep, I am now personal assistant to the main editor of the observer." She said proudly as Derek held out his hands to pull Yelena over to him, wrapping his arms around her "The only problem is, my first project will be taking photos and notes at the Argent funeral."

Derek tensed at the word "Argent" as he pulled back and looked at her. She searched his eyes trying to decide if he was one more person who was going to be pissed at her for covering the story.

"Len you shouldn't feel guilty, this is a big opportunity for you." He reassured her as he stroked her cheek. "Besides it's not your story your just helping." He pointed out.

Yelena pecked his lips and smiled "Thank you."

"What for?"

"Just, I'm already dreading my dad and Scott's reaction."

Derek nodded at her "I've already given the bite to someone."

Yelena's eyes widened as it was her turn to pull back "What?!"

Derek raised his hands in the air for a sign of peace "he asked for it, he needed it."

"He needed it?!"

"His dad beats him!"

"So you call the police! You don't turn random - wait how old is he?"

"He goes to Beacon Hills High," Derek muttered.

"He's a teenager?! Who is he? Is he friends with Stiles and Scott? Oh my god, Scott is going to flip!" Yelena rambled as she paced her room in shock

"His name is Isaac Lahey, he-"

"What? What did you say?" She said pausing her pacing.

"Isaac Lahey." He said warily "Why?"

"Lahey. Nothing, I went to school with a lahey is all."

•••••••••••••

The funeral was crazier than Yelena could've imagined as she squeezed between different news reporters and journalists as they were blocked off by both the police and barriers. Yelena kept her head down when she saw Allison and her family moving through the crowd to pass the barriers. When she spotted the sheriff she was starting to wish that she'd tried to get out of it but given the fact it was her first assignment, it would've looked bad. Walking to the far end of journalists she double-checked her film chip before zooming in, even as she zoomed in on Allison's family she felt like she was betraying Scott.

Yelena managed to zoom in on an aging man with greying hair, must be an argent, she thought to herself, she tried to avoid taking any pictures of Allison, hoping it would make things less awkward with Scott. She poked her tongue out the corner of her mouth whilst she concentrated. Satisfied with the amount of pictures she'd taken she pulled back and flicked threw the camera, nodding to herself she raised it back to her face to get a final shot when she was met with an angry-faced Scott.

"Shit." She muttered as she dropped the camera and ducked her head, as if that would hide her, she bravely picked up her camera and lifted her head only this time to find her father staring at her with hands on his hips and her two brothers stood behind him, both clearly in trouble but still sending her disapproving looks.

Beckoning her over Yelena sighed as she went over to her dad

"What the hell are you doing?"

Yelena avoided his eyes "My job. I'm collecting funeral details."

"How could you do that to Allison!" Scott exclaimed, only irritating Yelena.

"What the hell was I supposed to say? I'm working somewhere which is actually related to what I want to do with my life, you want me to refuse my first assignment." Talking mostly with her hands which she often did when she felt ganged up on.

Her dad rubbed his forehead tiredly as he pointed to the two teenage boys "Cruiser now." The two of them sulked to the car as he turned to face his daughter, he lowered his voice as they spoke "I'm gonna let this go, at least for now, but don't go thinking you can trust all the people you work with."

The echoing sound of her foot tapping pulsated through her boss's office as he read through her article silently. His reaction was even more impassive than Derek's usually is.

"Interesting." He replied.

Yelena swallowed and gnawed down on her lip "Good interesting? Or bad interesting-"

"Where did you get some of this information?" He said with a frown as he leaned forward.

Yelena stuttered "It was in the paper. Your paper."

"I wasn't aware how many casualties that were in that fire, including children."

Yelena was grateful he wasn't a werewolf as her heart was pounding through her chest, "It was in the insurance report." She muttered.

The man leaned back "How did you get a copy of the report? Your father?"

Yelena's eyes widened "No!" She insisted knowing how much trouble her father would get in "No from a reliable source."

"Source?"

"I can't tell you."

"Then how can I get a correct quote?"

"I can't." Yelena wasn't going to allow Derek to be cross-examined by a bunch of people.

"You can't?"

"No, My source is dead." Yelena leaned forward "You see the remaining survivor - who is recently deceased- shared some of the information with his nurse, only Kate Argent killed her as well."

The man smiled and rubbed his hands together "I like it! It's haunting, the truth from beyond the grave!"

Yelena let out a forced laugh as he continued examining her writing before flicking through her photos, he kept nodding to himself as if the photographs were speaking to him. After a minute or two he looked up at her almost surprised to see her

"It's the end of the day, you can go." He said dismissing her and nodding to the door.

Yelena opened and closed her mouth like a goldfish for a few moments before getting up from her chair and walking out his office door. This was going to end badly, she should have let Derek read it before she submitted it. Sighing she pulled out her phone and kept her voice low as she dialled his number.

"Yep," Derek answered the phone almost irritated

"Derek." She breathed out nervously

"What's wrong?" He asked straight away, with Scott jumping in.

"Who is it? Yelena?"

"Is that Scott?" Yelena asked with a frown "Why are you with Scott?"

"Isaac's been arrested, they think he killed his dad."

Yelena's eyes widened as she worried about the poor teenager who'd already suffered

"Yelena knew?!" Scott examined

Yelena could practically see Derek's face at Scott's reaction "Wait, if he's in custody they can hold him overnight, tonight's a full moon." Yelena said whispering the last part.

"Yeah we know, We're trying to come up with a plan." Yelena let out a worried sigh making Derek frown "What's wrong?"

Yelena ran her hand over her face in distress "Derek I messed up."

Derek looked at Scott and went to walk off not wanting him to overhear their conversation "Hold on."

"Wait!" Yelena said squeezing her eyes shut, "Put me on speaker, Scott needs to hear this too."

"What is it?" Scott asked

"Ok, my article I submitted, well it was a little too specific."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I had information that wasn't fully disclosed.....about their being young children in the fire."

"You told them my private family business?" Derek hissed "Did you give them my number for a quote."

Yelena was hurt by his accusation "No, I would never do that. I mentioned that I had a quote from the fire survivors nurse...who is dead....because Kate killed her."

This time it was Scott's turn to get annoyed "But Kate didn't kill the nurse, Peter did! You know how much it'll hurt Allison?"

Yelena rolled her eyes at him "Who cares kate did kill loads of people, what's one more death?"

"Yeah, but all you're doing is drawing more attention back to the argents!"

Yelena scoffed she did feel guilty about putting Scott in an uncomfortable position, "You mean the argents that recently sliced in half a fellow werewolf with the implication of doing the same to you and Derek, maybe Lydia."
Scott spluttered at her words making Yelena smirk smugly to herself "Yeah that's right, Derek told me."

"Why would you tell her?" Scott snapped at Derek

"Excuse me? Why wouldn't he?"

Derek smirked at Yelena's reaction, he knew he shouldn't be smug but he liked it when she kept to her own opinion and wouldn't just go along with other people.

"Ok, we don't have time for this," Derek said cutting in "We have a plan, it's just not the best one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 13.6K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
129K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

109K 2.5K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...