Zombies 7

Meloetta246 tarafından

Adulthood brings many joys: promising careers, marriage, children...... the list goes on. And now our favorit... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Welcome Back
Happy Birthday Ezmae
Football Practice
No Rest for the Weary
Adults Only
Trip to Z-Tech
Chaos
Visiting Hours
Refocusing
The Park
Stranger Danger
Panic

Protector

398 10 10
Meloetta246 tarafından

Winnie stood up abruptly. "I'm going back there. I can't just sit here knowing something's wrong."

Bree grabbed her arm. "Winnie you can't. You heard what they said. We can't--"

Winnie's eyes flashed gold. "Who's going to stop me?"

She pulled her arm away and stormed off down the hall. Winnie strained to listen for any sign of Wynter but it proved difficult with the chaos going on around her. She came to the end of the hall and found it split into two directions. Winnie stopped to listen, hoping to find a sign for which way she should go when someone ran into her from behind. Winnie yelped as she began to fall but before she could hit the ground a pair of arms caught her. The person placed her back on her feet and she whirled around to face them.

"Walker?"

"Winnie, I'm sorry." Walker said quickly, frantically looking around. "I heard Wynter howl. I need to find her. Have you seen her?"

"No, I was trying to find her as well." Winnie replied, taking in his appearance. He was in nothing but a hospital gown. His arm was bleeding. His skin was pale and his eyes were wide with panic. Walker's legs were shaking and she knew if not for the apparent adrenaline running through his veins he would have already collapsed.

"Walker, I know you're worried but you need to rest." Winnie told him gently. "You don't look well and you're bleeding."

Walker glanced at his arm. "I must have pulled the needle out when I ran. But that doesn't matter, I have to find Wynter."

"Aaaawwwwoooooo!"

Another long, sorrow-filled howl echoed through the halls. Walker's head shot up and he took off running towards the sound.

Winnie started to go after him when a hand grabbed her arm.

"Ma'am you need to go back to the waiting room."

Winnie turned to see a security guard holding her back as another guard and a doctor took off in the direction Walker had run.

Winnie shook her head. "No, I need to go after my friend. His mate, Wynter, she's the one howling. I need to know if they're both okay."

The security guard shook his head. "I can't let you do that. Until we know it's safe it's best you return to the waiting room. Please, I don't want to use force in your condition."

Winnie looked back in the direction Walker had gone. Part of her wanted to wolf-out and drag the security guard down the hall, but the other half knew that it would cause more harm than good.

"Fine." Winnie replied. "But someone better show up and tell us what's going on. We're all tired of waiting."

"Good." The security guard nodded. "I will escort you back then see if I can find someone who can give you the information you need."

"Thank you." Winnie sighed, letting the guard escort her back. But it didn't make her feel any better.

POV Change brought to you by Bonzo's DJing

Walker's heart pounded as he ran down the hall. His head turned from side to side, peering into each room to look for a sign of Wynter. Something was wrong. She was hurting. He needed to know why. He had to find her. He had to.

Walker rounded another corner when a shout caught him off guard.

"Just go away! Leave me alone!"

"Wynter." Walker breathed before shouting. "Wynter!"

"Walker!"

Wynter's cry echoed from the room on his right and he darted inside. A doctor and a nurse were standing inside the room trying to make their way towards Wynter who was sitting on the bed. Wynter's eyes glowed gold as she growled at them, tears running down her cheeks. "Get away from me!"

Walker darted between them and Wynter. His eyes glowed as he snarled at the pair. "Get away from her!"

The doctor and the nurse took a few steps back.

"Please, we just want to help!"

"Get. Out!" Walker roared, glaring at the pair.

The two ran from the room and Walker slammed the door behind them before turning back to Wynter. The glow faded from his eyes as he stumbled over to the bed and sat down beside her.

Wynter clung to him tightly, sobbing into his chest. Walker held her close, running his fingers through her hair.

"I'm here Wynter. I'm here. What's wrong?"

Wynter continued to sob, choking on her words. "Walker I....I didn't know. I didn't....and now...."

"SSSShhhh." Walker hushed her gently. "You gotta calm down Wynter. I don't understand."

Wynter took a couple shakey breaths but as she spoke she dissolved back into tears. "It....It hurt so bad.... then I went to....to the bathroom. I didn't know what.... what happened until they told me. Oh god Walker....I didn't know."

Walker pulled away from her gently so he could look her in the eyes. "Wynter what happened?"

"I....I lost the baby." Wynter sobbed, fresh tears pooling in eyes. "I didn't even know and I lost it. They said....they said it was likely caused by the poison."

Walker felt the tears forming in his own eyes as he processed her words. They had conceived a child.... and lost it. He pulled Wynter back to his chest and held her. This wasn't right. It wasn't fair. Their child hadn't even had a chance.

The door to the room opened. A security guard and a doctor stepped in. Walker glared at the two.

"Get out."

"We can't do that." The security guard told him. "You've caused enough chaos in this hospital. You need to--"

"Get out!" Walker snarled, standing up from the bed. "Get out and leave us be! Go or I'll make you!"

"You need to calm down." The security guard told him. "I will use force if necessary."

"Force?" Walker laughed bitterly. "I'll show you force."

The doctor nor the guard had time to react before Walker grabbed them both by their collars and shoved them from the room. He slammed the door behind them and locked it for good measure before returning to Wynter's side. Walker gathered her in his arms and the two of them cried together.

Another POV Change brought to you by the Mighty Shrimp

Winnie paced the waiting room as she waited for the security guard to return with a doctor or someone who could give them answers. She was tired of waiting.

"Winnie, sit down." Bree pleaded. "You're going to stress yourself into labor at this rate. All this worrying isn't good for you or the baby."

Winnie groaned. "I know that. But something had happened and I want to know what. I want answers."

"We all do." Zinnia replied. "But sadly we cannot rush them."

The door to the waiting room opened and the security guard returned alone.

"I'm looking for the family of Walker Lupus?"

"That would be us." Alpha Wylda replied, gesturing to herself and Winnie.

The security guard nodded. "Very well. Its seems we've run into a problem. Walker has locked himself into a room with another patient and won't let anyone in. Both of them need to be treated but the doctors can't do that until we obtain access."

"Perhaps I can reason with him." Alpha Wylda offered. "I'm sure there is a good reason for this."

"Its worth a try. Come with me." The security guard replied.

Winnie stepped forward. "I'm coming too."

"No Winnie, you stay." Alpha Wylda said firmly. "I will return with news. You need to rest."

Winnie huffed and sat down, knowing better than to argue with the Alpha. Though she still wasn't happy to be left out again.

Satisfied, Alpha Wylda took off after the security guard. She followed him through the halls until they reached the room Walker and Wynter were in. Alpha Wylda walked up to the door and knocked.

"Go away!" Walker shouted from inside.

"Walker, it's Alpha Wylda." She replied calmly. "May I come in?"

There was movement inside the room, then the door cracked open. Walker peered out, watching the doctor and guard warily. "Only you can enter."

Wylda nodded. "Alright."

Walker opened the door enough for her to come in then locked it behind her. He made his way over to the bed and sat down, gathering Wynter back into his arms.

"What is going on?" Wylda asked. "Why are you causing such a disturbance?"

Walker kept his eyes focused on Wynter. "I don't want to leave Wynter right now. If I let them in, they'll force me to leave her."

Alpha Wylda nodded. "I see. And why is it you don't want to leave?"

Wynter's shoulders shook as her crying turned into sobs once more. Walker rubbed her back as he turned to Alpha Wylda. "We've lost a child we didn't even know we had."

Aloha Wykda frowned. "I'm so sorry. The loss of a child is a difficult one to bear. However, you both need to finish being treated. Letting that poison stay in your systems could cause an even bigger tragedy. I know this is a difficult time, but you must still take care of yourselves."

"I'm not leaving her." Walker stated firmly. "If they want to treat us, then they'll have to keep us together."

"Alright." Alpha Wylda replied. "I will discuss it with them. But you must remain civil."

Walker nodded. "Fine."

Alpha Wylda stepped back outside. "They have agreed to be treated, but only if they can remain together."

"Its not exactly practical." The doctor replied. "But if that's what it takes I suppose we can make that work."

"Thank you." Alpha Wylda replied kindly. "They've suffered a painful loss. They should grieve together."

The doctor nodded before walking over to the nurses station to make the arrangements. It wasn't long before a second bed was wheeled into Wynter's room and the two were set up for treatment together.

Satisfied that the storm had passed, Wylda started making her way back to the waiting room. She would have to break the news to the others.

Author's Note

This one made me cry. Not gonna lie. -Meloetta246

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

44.2K 749 19
Holly Parker your average teenage girl, or so she thought. Holly just moved down to Seabrook with her father, but to her surprise the town is shared...
7.6K 261 17
When your ten years old the only people in your world are your friends and parents, you're on top of the world and a day lasts a decade. That's how i...
73.7K 1.5K 15
Life in Seabrook is perfect now with the football game and the cheerleading championship coming up until the aliens invade the town. One of the alien...
13.8K 179 8
Hi! I'm Bettina! My friends call me Betty. I'm head singer of Seabrook High's music department. I love music! Speaking of love, I'm dating the most p...