Why Me? (A Mermaid Story)

By music_is_a_story

Melody was just like any normal teen. Well unless you count her having one parent, an abusive father, and bei... More

Why Me?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Clue/ A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A/N
A/N
Extra #1
A/N

Chapter 3

4.8K 185 13
By music_is_a_story

Melody P.O.V

If possible his voice got even more annoying. Maybe if I just keep quiet he won't know I'm here. No stupid he already knows. My thoughts were having a gigantic battle in my head. Though it's not like I could hear most of the conversation, my heart my thumping to loud. Can't I go one day without another bruise. Can't he just stop for one day.

I heard the frightening thud of feet walking up the stairs. That's when I started to panic. Will he beat me harder for not listening? Will he kill me this time? How can I ever escape here? That last thought slipped out of my mind. What did I mean escaping, and why didn't I think of that before? 

I rushed to my window and yanked it up. I stuck my head out and looked down. DANG IT...................... WHY ON EARTH DID WE GET A THREE STORY HOUSE?! I finally came to a conclusion I would escape in two days. That's when I would leave this blasted place. I didn't want to think ahead of where I would stay. 

I was so lost in the thought of escaping I didn't hear the foot steps stop at my door. I guess it's lucky I heard the door knob turn. Well would you call it lucky, I mean lucky can bring joy this doean't bring joy.............Why do I always over think when I'm nervous?

My door sounded like he broke it off the hinges. I cringed and cowered in the far corner. "Why so quiet.............. oh I remember your my mute freak daughter." My father was one of the hundred people that bully me. He slithered over to me. He stood above me and raised his hand. I cringed already knowing what's coming for me. He slapped me and hard. I fell to the ground. That's when he kicked me five times. Last he punched me in the stomach. I let a tiny whimper of fear out. Oddly enough after that he left. I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, but I knew my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I finally let my tears out. I cried until my eyes stung. I was always a good kid, and always listened. So I'm asking the universe again..................Why me?

I made my decision that night I definitely was getting out of here. I don't care if I'm 17 I'm leaving,Tonight...................... 

A/N Don't you just love cliff hangers. I would like to thank everyone who has read all of this so far. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368 1 41
Cereza was going to be a junior in high school who thought she would never find love. All her friends had somebody they love, but not her. It started...
1.5K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...
117K 7.3K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
720K 24.3K 32
Princess Lilyanne Blythe sneaks out to a party and has a one night stand. Assuming that was in the past, that one night stand stranger ends up living...