JUST FRIENDS

shezataurus tarafından

every single night, Blu thought about her, she sat inside him like bones. her smile, her eyes, her laugh, her... Daha Fazla

cast
o1
o2
o3
o4
o5
o6
o7
o8
o9
1o
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
2o
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
epilogue

16

2.3K 118 43
shezataurus tarafından

Maze cursed when she checked her phone going up the stairs to the apartment complex. She hadn't realized Blu sent her a text practically commanding her to not return home anytime soon since he would be having company.

Too bad.

He called himself being fed up with her, they had a huge argument based on the scene she caused at the Red Room last week. Not only did she go crazy dancing for Angel in front of Shebazz, but she and Brazil had a cat fight backstage which was long overdue, in her honest opinion.

"Since you're so fucking obsessed, why don't you cut out the middleman and eat me out directly?" She'd told her. Those were fighting words to Brasilia.

And to think, if Babs hadn't committed a slip of the tongue in casual conversation, Maze would've never known, she would've been in the dark about a predicament that the entire club seemed to be well aware of.

Naturally Brasilia would go sniffing around her trash, offering herself up to be a rebound- let her tell it, Shebazz wasn't even her type and vice versa. Yet somehow, someway her ex best friend and her ex boyfriend ended up sleeping together like two loyal members of the Maze fan club.

Pathetic.

True, she was broken up with Shebazz however, the fact didn't lessen the sting. Because it was about the principle. It was about respect.

Blu was the only one with enough initiative to break up the battle between the two; the impact of their blows was starting to sound vicious as the crowd of dancers gathered, unsure if they should intervene or let them go at it for a little longer.

"Worrrldstaarrr," Cinnamon held her phone up to get a good angle of the debacle behind her, two beauties fighting like MMA champions.

When Maze wrapped her hands around the girl's neck and started strangling her, Blu knew it was about time to break it up.

"That's enough." He declared, then proceeded to hoist his best friend up, toss her over his shoulder and walk out while she yelled insults for as long as she could still see Brazil.

Once in the car, he strapped her down in the passenger seat as if her seatbelt were latches to a straight jacket, silence stretching when he drove back home.

Maze pulled down the vanity mirror, checking her makeup, still looking as good as she did when she first went onstage. Then she looked over at Blu,
observed the way his jaw clenched and his hands gripped the steering wheel in the quietude, marking the first time she'd ever seen him angry with her to this extent.

He was kinda irresistible.

She rubbed her thighs together discreetly, mind running rampant with rough sex scenarios, only snapping out of if when he glanced at her, shaking his head in disbelief. That was the annoying thing about being so close, he knew what she was thinking by the smallest of gestures.

Maze decided to speak up. "Is there a reason you're mad too?"

"I'm tired."

"Of me, right?"

"Why do you even care what Brazil and Shebazz did?"

"My feelings aren't valid right now? Is that what you're implying?"

"Remember what you did this morning?" He paused in thought. "Matter of fact, remember any moment when we were alone and you were still with him?"

"Those are different situations. You're my best friend."

"That's worse."

"Oh my god." She sighed, growing annoyed. "Just drop it."

"This is an ego thing. A power trip. There was no way you could be that mad. How dare they do something you wouldn't approve of behind your back? How dare he try and get over you?" He shook his head. "You're insane."

"And you're jealous. So upset with me for what? All because I reacted the way that I would to some bullshit like that... Is that what you're waiting for me to do with Honey? Fight her over you? Would that make you feel better?"

"You're a hypocrite, Maze. Accept it. Take it on the chin without dragging anyone else into your drama."

"No, I can see right through you. You are mad because I still care about Shebazz even after getting on my knees for you. I gave you a blowjob. We're not married."

She let out a little squeal, bracing herself when he whipped the car to the side of the road and put it in park, a stony expression on his face. So? That wouldn't scare her.

Maze pushed her hair over her shoulder, continuing on flippantly, "I should've never stopped teasing you. Why I thought you could handle some fun with no strings attached is beyond me. Your infatuation is too strong and I'm only going to hurt your feelings."

"My 'infatuation' is no different from yours."

"I would hardly describe the way I feel about you as infatuation. This isn't a mutual thing. You clearly like me more."

His eyebrows rose. "So that night when you said I terrify you with what you feel for me... Pillow talk?"

"Yep."

"Interesting. Cuz I think you're saying all this to make me pull away from you. One of your self-destructive tactics you like to do, lying through your teeth so I can up and leave. You might just get your wish."

"As if you could ever leave me alone. Be serious."

Blu sat back for a moment, cracked his knuckles, exhaled a gust of air as a laugh. He shook his head like she was about to make a grave mistake. "You sure you wanna know what I look like when I don't care about you?"

She shrugged, trying to ignore how fine he was when he was upset. "Honestly, give it your best shot." Trying to silence that part of her mind that was imagining how good backshots would feel right about now, with his hands on her waist, telling her to arch deeper. Talking shit in her ear while she cried out. "Put me in my place."

"You think you're ready for that?" He asked.

"Go ahead."

The entire mood switched, he could pick up on her innuendo, the low light in her eyes. He started the car back up and eased onto the road, which was slick with night rain.

She spoke again, "I'd love to see you try,"

"I'm not giving you what you really want. I'm giving you what you're asking for, remember that."

"And what do I really want?"

"Me to fuck you until you forget any of this happened in the first place. So you'd rather push my buttons instead of ask nicely."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Not true."

He ignored her. "You don't get to go off just cuz I called you out... You're wrong. And the only reason you're so defensive is because you know you're wrong. Own up to it. Shebazz gave you a taste of your own medicine. So did Brazil. They're playing the same game you are."

Maze remained silent, gaze fixed out the window at the dark trees and shadows. She sighed.

To be fair, she didn't expect that, she was blind sighted by that big reveal. Shebazz and Brazil? Never on earth did she think they could ever be a thing or a fling or whatever and it hurt her. But what was she about to do, cry? Wreaking havoc was the better option in her mind because dealing with her stupid fucking feelings in front of them made her feel fragile and human and sick to her stomach- there was nothing fun about that.

She'd rather get her licks back before anything else, they didn't deserve her tears.

Unfortunately for Blu, he just happened to be in her line of fire, putting himself in the mix before she really had the chance to wail on Brazil. He shouldn't have stopped something inevitable because the best woman would win... and she was just about to, which would be the end of that. Shebazz, on the other hand, she wasn't quite done with him.

Maze already planned on slashing his tires the following morning but now Maui called himself putting water on her rage when she wasn't ready for the fire to go out just yet. He was making her think first instead of react, and it might've been the textbook right thing to do, but she wasn't all too concerned with what was right or wrong- the whole situation was fucked up in her opinion. They also knew exactly who they were double-crossing.

Blu trailed his hand through her hair before rubbing that nape of her neck, bringing her focus back to him.

Lowly, he said, "I don't deserve the misdirected anger and the attitude. I've shown nothing but love to you-appreciation, adoration. But if you wanna make an enemy out of me, I'll be that. Maybe it's time you see that side."

And instead of apologizing, or in the least, denying his claim, she was filled with a deep desire to call his bluff.

She stared back at him, feigning nonchalance, "Maybe so."

That was the end of that.

Fast forward to now, she had just returned from her mother's house after checking on her vitals. Valorie was resting which was intended, the doctors were able to remove the malignant tumor successfully after she granted her permission.

Her father was still home, they were both sharing the responsibility of looking after her while she healed. He wanted to make up for the time that he lost, which was a lot, by having family dinners, no phones, just vibes. They were enjoyable up until he started to do that prying thing.

As far as he was concerned, everything about Maze's life was fine, and she would continue to tell him that for as long as he believed. She hadn't taken his advice on not being too cocky but it was fine. Fine, fine, fine. Completely fine.

There might've been a split in the bridge but it was fine.

That's why she hadn't seen Blu's text until just then, her mind was all over the place, taking care of her mom, withholding the truth from her dad, Maze was busy. Busy enough to ignore Blu's silent treatment implemented ever since their argument. Busy enough to ignore the fact that their texts were drier than ash, however she had to admit that sleeping alone in her bed at night was miserable. Cold and miserable- she wasn't busy enough to avoid that.

Maze gave an extra rattle to her keys before sticking them in the door, giving Blu and she assumed, Honey the opportunity to get their shit together. First impressions were everything and she'd rather the girl not be in any compromising positions since this meeting would be very much unplanned. But what did it matter? He couldn't go on hiding Honey from her forever, they were bound to meet one of these days.

She walked into find Blu in the widest of manspreads, tan Timbs on, baggy jeans and a white wifebeater, cradling Honey in his lap whose arms crossed around his neck as they violated each other's mouths.

Her short dress was riding up in the back from her straddle, she ground her hips into him while they kissed, moaning into his mouth. Maze wanted to head straight to the knife rack the way he smacked her ass. She just couldn't deal.

They were going at it, too, her hands running a trail through his wavy hair that was brushed out and big, the bangles at her wrist jangling noisily with every move she made. His arms were wrapped around her tight when she started to whine her waist. Maze fought the dreadful shudder that ran through her from seeing them live, sucking on each other's tongues so hard they failed to realize she was there.

To really make matters worse, they meshed well together.

Maze cleared her throat, in which Honey jumped up, straightening that little brown dress of hers that looked like a European designer's take on boho-chic.

Undeniably, just like the pictures she'd seen on Blu's phone, the girl was model material.

She watched her with a curt smile as she wiped her mouth and combed her hair back from her face, attempting to straighten herself up like they weren't caught red handed slobbering each other down. Honestly, it was too late for formalities.

Blu remained sat, jaw tight, secretly seething. He grabbed a pillow for his lap.

"Oh my gosh-Excuse us! You must be Maze,"

Of course she was a hugger, wrapping her up in a warm embrace, the scent of dank weed and high-end perfume, fresh cut oranges paired with cantaloupe to ease the intensity of citrus. Underneath it all, the freshness of Maui was mixed in.

Maze hugged her back carefully, peering over her shoulder at Blu who was sending her daggers with that look on his face. She flicked him off.

Honey pulled away, "it's so nice to finally meet you."

"Same to you, love."

"You're literally stunning. Like...wow... Blu did not mention that at all." Honey scanned her from head to toe, trying to be discreet but she could feel her eyes linger on her shape and face, curiously.

Luckily for them, she was wearing one of her more tame outfits since she was with her parents today: her favorite pair of jeans, the ones that were low rise and hugged her ass perfectly, paired with a graphic tee that stopped just short enough to show her belly button piercing with a coat that had fur lining the hood. Her hair was parted on the side, still straight-ish, but even on what she'd refer to as a light day, heads were turned. Dramatically.

"You didn't get my text?" Blu asked, finally standing up and crossing his arms over his chest, pinning her down with his gaze. "About not coming home?"

Honey swatted him. "Blu, don't be rude?"

He ignored her, zeroed in on Maze.

"I didn't see the text until just now, actually. So be a good host and give us a proper introduction."

"Bet. Honey, this is my roommate. Roommate, this is my girlfriend, Honey."

Girlfriend...

Interesting.

"Stop being a dick. You told me she's your best friend."

"Nah, you've met my best friend."

"Babs?"

"Yup."

History was just rewriting itself right before her very eyes. Maze lifted an eyebrow, an empty smile on her lips. He needed to think twice about who he was messing with because she just couldn't see Blu being pettier than she was.

She shrugged off her coat, hung it up, sat her bag on the kitchen counter. If he insisted on playing hardball, she hoped he could keep up.

"Yeah, I'm just second best. Nothing special." She shrugged. "Oh, Lewis wanted me to ask if you'd be oiling the girls down at the club tonight? There's a few that's going fully nude who requested your magical hands."

"What?" Honey asked, confusion all over her face.

"She's joking. Such a rascal." Blu laughed and Maze let out a giggle just watching how quickly she could get under his skin.

"Yeah, jk."

"Oh," Honey laughed too. She grabbed her purse, the mini Fendi baguette, and cursed. "I'm gonna light up real quick in my car, I forgot my bag is too small to carry, anything really. Be right back, but you're welcome to join me?"

"You know what,  I could use a blunt right about now."

Blu pulled Maze back by her shoulder before she could walk off with his girlfriend. "Yeah but give us a second, we need to talk."

"No problem." She looked between the two of them, mirroring her curiosity from earlier.

Maze smiled wide when the door closed, whipping around to face him. "Everybody knows."

"You should find out where you're gonna go today, cuz you're not staying here." Blu had backed her into the wall, hovering over her with his brows low. "So don't get too comfortable."

"What could be so important that you need the whole apartment to yourself?" She asked, looking up at him with wide innocent eyes.

"Don't piss me off."

"Y'all's first time?"

"That's none of your business,"

"Say yes louder."

He was fuming, but the way only he could: quietly, calmly. Yum.

"You need to blow off some steam, don't you, Maui? Give your brain something to think about besides me all the time... I'll give it to you,  she's cute. You look great together." Maze placed her fingers at the end of his tank top, lifting it up to look at the front button of his jeans. He stopped her hands before she could make any sudden movements.

"I'm off of you." His voice was stern.

"Prove it." She tugged him closer, "because otherwise I'm gonna think she's just a distraction. I have a feeling that if you fuck her, you'll be thinking of me the whole time. Is that why you're prolonging it? Don't wanna slip up and say my name, right?"

"You'll be the farthest thing from my mind when we have sex. Way out in outer space. Now stop embarrassing yourself."

"Aww, you really haven't gone at it. That explains what I walked in on. Honestly, I don't think she can handle you. Not the way I can."

"And I think you're afraid that she'll be better than you, Maze. Why else would you keep asking me these same questions over and over again? You're envious, spiteful, and lonely."

"So envious and spiteful that I'll have my ear pressed to our wall, imagining that I'm the one that's riding you."

"Maze, that's my girlfriend, now, not some random girl I go on dates with. You won't be disrespectful or I'll really cut the chord between you and me."

"That is such a joke. The whole girlfriend thing is something you did because you're mad at me. Well guess what, I'm not jealous. I understand. I forgive you."

"Wouldn't that make you feel better? Unfortunately for you, I like her deeply, she moves me when she speaks, her happiness is contagious and she's direct. I used to think she reminded me of you until I got to know her a little better. She's nothing like you and it's refreshing."

"Good for you."

"I know." He clenched his fist in agitation. "Make yourself sparse."

"Or what."

"I'm putting you out."

"Mmm..." She pressed her chest against his. "It's like I hear you, I do, but something about you being all mad is making me wet.

"Jesus." He sighed.

"I'm not even joking. And if you thought the head game was mind blowing, the way I'll fuck you will drive you to insanity. My grip is nothing to play with, I'll split you in half."

He bit the inside of his cheek, eye contact wavering to drop to her lips for a moment. "You wish."

"I beg. I plead, I always get my way. I'm hardly a wisher."

"We'll see."

"Won't we..."

Blu's phone went off, he had a new text. "Honey's wondering if you're still gonna join her."

"Tell your girlfriend to bring a blunt back up. One little smoke session and I'm out your hair for the rest of the day." She brought her thigh between his legs, lightly, casually but his eyes drifted shut at the contact.

Blu had bottled up his needs as to not scare Honey, who insisted on not moving too fast, and bottled them up tighter to forget about Maze, who would drive him mad, but she knew the right buttons to press to wake up his certain nature. It didn't help that he'd have flashbacks that felt so real of Maze and him, plus night fantasies of her spread like butter, he'd have no other choice but to fuck his fist for relief.

He was going crazy and the whole situation was demeaning, thirsting for her in that way. And now, in this moment it felt as if his best friend had a second sense because his insults and digs were bouncing off of her yet she was still poking at the bear that was their sexual tension; their boatload of chemistry that sailed between them, even when he was upset.

He was spiraling and she could smell it, undoing that control he so painstakingly put in tact when it came to the two of them. Honey was a great girl, amazing, an angel, but there was something about Maze...

She was his wild card.

Just then his phone alerted him of another text message from Honey.

...Is Maze your ex?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

67.7K 2.2K 20
𝓞𝓷𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰... ❝I want you baby,❞ the deep whisper slipped past my lips, and she closed her eyes when my nose traced the faint pulse against her n...
27K 697 31
Claire is a chef with her own restaurant. Jasper is a carpenter who works from home. When Jasper moves in next door to Claire he doesn't know what to...
142K 3.1K 25
Rewritten version. Lydia Ambrose has a normal life, thus is going to her dream University. Everything is going well in her life until she met her sar...
261K 2.5K 8
This is an erotic romance. Recommended 18+! Completed. Excerpt: His mouth was back on mine in an instant, the door behind us rattling loudly as he th...