Trapped in the Past (Tom Ridd...

Oleh lostgirlriddle1926

You're in Hogwarts, about to face the Final Battle against Voldemort, when you fall into the past, in the Hog... Lebih Banyak

1 - The Fall
2 - Dark Deeds lead to Detention
3 - A Snake's Game
5 - Mostc Evile
6 - Apparition Lessons and Unexpected Apparitions
7 - Date with Death in Hogsmeade
8 - Love Vapours
9 - Unexpected
10 - Death and Life
11 - Cruel Summer
12 - Ssseventh Year
13 - Yellow Eyes
14 - Caught in a Winter's Crossfire
15 - Storms on the Horizon
16 - The Monster
17 - The Last Battle

4 - Prophecies and Parties

2.3K 48 2
Oleh lostgirlriddle1926

The castle is full of students again once the holidays end
You pay more attention to the names that sound familiar to you.
An interesting member of your house is Sybil Trelawney.
You remember her being the most extravagant teacher you've ever met and that made you quit Divination once and for all.
Seeing her as a clumsy girl bullied by almost everyone makes you feel pity for her.
But you wish to make an exchange and be in her shoes once you remind that you're invited to join the Slug Club.
You don't like it because it gathers all the professor's favourite, that are mostly spoilt students from the wealthiest families.
And you dislike it even more because Riddle is part of it.
Ellie borrowed you a nice dress, since you don't have anything proper one.

With some magic you adjust it according to your tastes, wishing to survive the evening by being mostly invisible.
Someone who can't be invisible is Riddle.
None of the other members catch your attention the way he does.
For the whole supper in Slughorn's enlarged office you observe how he charms the professor with his modest but witty words.
His smile is something so beautiful that he wouldn't need to cast an Imperius. You would do anything for him if he asks you, blinding you with that smile.
The party is so boring and you feel so sleepy that you risk to fall asleep if you sit on one of the couches.

"Not tempted to break any rule and get in detention again, Y/L/N?".
You halt and slowly turn on your heel, finding Riddle grinning mockingly at you.
He's sitting comfortably on a sofa, surrounded by adoring girls that are spoiling him with whiskey and cupcakes.
The view is so awkward that it makes you retch, if you're not distracted by how he looks at ease with just his white shirt, the top buttons loosened.

"Another detention with you is the last thing I want. So yes, I'm behaving" you say sternly.
"Maybe you'd prefer to join us and tell us more about French traditions?".
You think of French kissing. Why would you think that? Is it how appealing he looks or the gorgeous girls with their hungry red lips that seem eager to kiss him?
You hate the fire you feel in your blood, making you blush like a silly girl.
"I have no interest in joining your harem" you spit, walking away from the now snickering gang.

"Miss Y/L/N!".
On your rush to leave, you almost bumped against Slughorn.
"I hope you're enjoying this evening" he says and you accept the glass of whiskey he's offering, swallowing it in one gulp. And it's not enough to sooth what you're feeling.
"Yes, Sir. It's the loveliest party I've ever joined. I'm so honored to be here" you say trying to mimick Riddle's way of flattering.
"The pleasure is all mine. You're a smart girl. I expect great things from you" he leans closer winking at you "And thank you for the pineapple. Only few people know that I love crystallized pineapple. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me".
You beam, glad to have won his support. The Head of the Slytherin house himself.

You thank him for the party and decide that it's time to leave.
You are about to open the door, when a hand precedes you.
You glance up to see Riddle's grin, bowing slightly as you force your petrified legs to move.
"You're not used to his kind of social life, are you?" he teases, following you with his jacket hanging from his arm and no sign to want to wear it and cover that inappropriate half unbuttoned shirt.
"What makes you say so? Are you disappointed that I wasn't there to feed you some love potion filled cupcakes?" you look around but there are none of his female friends around.
He chuckles "Would you use love potions to win someone's attention? Is that what you used with Slughorn? How did you know that pineapple's his favourite?".
You dislike how he leans closer to you. No matter how fast you walk, he easily follows you like he's your shadow.
"Just lucky guess" you struggle to divert the conversation to something more innocent "So I'll see you at the next Defence lessons? You must be very excited that we'll be studying sphinxes and riddles".
He frowns dramatically "Is it supposed to be funny?".
You fake a laugh "Yeah, why not? Are you good with riddles?".
"I'm sure you'll love to find out" he smirks "Is that your favourite course? You are not sleepy as you look at Potion. Although the professor looks more sleepy than you".
You choke the need to yawn "That's not true. What a pity Merrythought is retiring. She's such a sweet and patient teacher".
"Retiring?" he repeats, taken aback.
You hold your breath, unsure if that's big news. You know that other teachers succeeded her. A long list of teachers.
"Well, she looks tired enough of working" you dismiss "So, thank you for accompanying me, but there's really no need to walk all the way up to my tower, just to have to walk all the way down to your own dormitory".
"After the huge dinner we had and all the cupcakes I was forced to swallow, a long walk is what I need. Actually, I expected you to invite me to rest in your room".
You drop your jaw.
He cringes at his own words "Forget about it. Being trapped in a room with your annoying friends is the last thing I want".
You stare at him like he's a stranger being creepy "You drank way too much".
He leans dangerously close to you, to smell you "And you didn't?".
You take a step back, aware that he's a boy and that if he's out of his mind, you'd need to use your wand against him. Although you don't want it, because he's not Malfoy nor Avery nor the other annoying boys. He's Tom Riddle and he's so bloody gorgeous, even if he's high.
"Goodnight, Riddle" you said stiffly "Good luck with finding your way to your room. I'd love to see you stumble and roll down a staircase, but I'm really tired so keep this show for another day, okay?".
He narrows his eyes, that shine with a sinister light "Careful with what you wish. Or we'll be rolling down a staircase together".
"You'd like that" you hiss and march away, feeling weird emotions boiling in you. You try to blame it on the whiskey, but you're afraid that it's something worse. And you need to stay away from that feeling, since you are not going to stay in that time forever. And it's so wrong to fall for someone who is so old in your time that he could be your grandfather.
No, you need to forget Riddle with that half unbuttoned shirt, the messy hair and his burning gaze.
But for many days, and many damned nights, that imagine haunts you.

February comes and with it the festivity that excites the couples and that saddens the single ones.
You haven't celebrated Valentine's Day in the latest year and you are curious to see how it is celebrated in the past.
Ellie doesn't stop talking about her most recent crush, who asked her out for a special trip to Hogsmeade.
You look up at the snowflakes falling from the grey sky, imagining how the sudden snow storm can waste that happy day.
"Have you ever dated someone?" Ellie asks you to include you in the chat.
You don't have pleasant memories.
The Yule Ball had been magical and you agreed to date one of your admirers, when you had a crush on Cedric Diggory. How close you were to make a Polyjuice Potion to replace Cho Chang...
Now you regret not having gone through that plan. Diggory is gone forever. Unless you kill Voldemort in the past and prevent that tragedy. And you have no clue on where to find him.
"Yeah, but it didn't work".
Ellie follows you indoor, joining the crowd of people gathered in a decorated Great Hall, where a small school play just ended.
You just hope it wasn't something like Romeo and Juliet and you're glad you missed it.
You can smell the vapours of weird potions in the air and you beg there are no love potions around, although by the way certain girls peered at a certain Prefect, you can imagine what kind of dangers lurks in the drinks.
And by the way Riddle glares around him, he is surely aware of the danger.
How would he act if someone manages to make him drink a love potion?
Would he be romantic and smiling sheepishly?
You shove the idea away. Seeing him slightly drunk was already quite an adventure.
"Can you play?" Ellie asks, seeing how you are absent-mindedly touching the keys of the abandoned piano by the stage.
"Just the basic" you admit.
She pulls you to sit in front of the piano "Come on, play something. Anything".
You freak out, but nobody is watching you and there's enough noise in the hall to hide any music.

You let your emotions guide you and you choose to play Easy on Me, something people of that time can't know and you don't think it's so damaging to spoil them with a song that they won't hear for the next half a century.
You start with uncertainty, then you are acquainted again with the instrument and let your fingers dance with more confidence.
The music makes you a bit emotional and you fight the tears that are blurring your eyes.
When the song ends, you realize the silence surrounding you.
You're surprised by how many people gathered around you and are now applauding you.
You quickly leave the piano and stumble on your feet, almost losing your balance.
"Just the basic?" Ellie grabs you "That's the most beautiful piece I've ever heard. Did you compose that?".
You glance perplexed at her teary face "Well no, a friend did".
You spot some professors approaching you and before they can reach you and mayne force you to play more, you escape thought the crowd and seek refuge in your tower, waiting for that day to be over.

You return to the Great Hall only when it's dinnertime.
Ellie just returned from her trip to Hogsmeade and is updating you on her amazing date.
At least you're glad she enjoyed the date.
Glancing at the other tables you spot some drama, arguing couples, smooching ones.
It's not so different from your time.
As you leave the hall with your friends, you hear someone comment.
"Thanks Merlin this day is over".
You can't agree more.
Suddenly someone grabs your arm, stopping you.
You turn, seeing Trelawney having a sort of crisis.
A choked sound escapes her throat.
"You... You will find answers to the mysteries your trying to unveil".
You blink at the wide eyes staring at you behind thick glasses.
You try to free your arm, the grip being painful.
"Thank you, I guess?" you say and finally Trelawney lets you go and you massage your aching arm.

Other people mocks her and she retreats, like she isn't aware of what just happened.
"At least she went easy on you" Ellie links her arm with yours and guides you away "She's quite tragic but sometimes she guesses some things".
You repeat those weird words. Mysteries.
What mysteries are you trying to unveil?
"Did she predict Myrtle's death?" you ask uneasily.
Ellie's breath hitches at the unpleasant subject.
"She was quite agitated last year. Like she felt that something bad was going to happen. She didn't clearly say that Myrtle was going to die, but something quite close".
So Trelawney has some true gift, although she can't control it.
You hope she's right. That you will solve the mysteries. The idea is quite flattering.

On the following days you focus on that case.
Myrtle Warren.
Moaning Myrtle.
But you haven't seen that ghost in the bathroom when Avery attacked you. If her ghost intervened, it would have been quite interesting.
As you leave your tower one boring afternoon when everyone is outside to watch a Quidditch match, you spot another familiar ghost, floating passed you without considering you.
"Good afternoon, Helena" you say cheekily.
You never dared to tease the ghost of your house, but what can a ghost do against you?
The Grey Lady turns sharply at you and you stiffen.
"How do you know my name?".
"I heard about you, Lady" you say carefully.
"And what do they say about me?" she floats closer to you, glaring menacingly at you.
"That you're like me. Sorrowful, helpless to change what can't be changed" you say staring back at her.
Something unlocks is her gaze and she retreats, murmuring something you can't understand.

You hear approaching steps around the corner and you move to take a look, coming face to face with Riddle.
"What are you doing up here?" you snap to get out of the startling moment.
He sighs "Just felt the need to enjoy the Prefects bathroom".
You dislike his tone because he knows you can't use it and enjoys it.
"Oh well, good luck with that" you walk past him.
"Why are you not at the pitch like everyone else?" he inquires, making you halt and turn back to him.
"Quidditch bores me. I let you enjoy your bath. Or maybe you invited some of your girls for some illegal party?" you tease.
He smirks "My girls? Do I sense some envy or jealousy in your wrong allusion?".
You raise your hands in defeat "No. I'm not judging. What a boy does in his free time... It's not my business. Bye, Riddle".
You stride away, feeling the aching need of escaping...
"Y/L/N, how...?".
You freeze, the door appearing too slowly for you to just jump in and disappear before Riddle can see you.
But there he is, catching you as you stand in front of the Room of Requirement.
He narrows his eyes at you.
"How do you know about it? Most wizards don't find so many secrets in years".
"Ghosts are used to whisper things to me" you lie.
"They don't spill secrets" he blurts.
"Careful, Riddle" you fight back "Or I might find out about your secrets too. It seems you have many".
He stares blankly at you.
You try to open the door, but he presses his palm on it, closing it back.
You stiffen feeling him towering you, his extended arm trapping you.
You turn slowly, the closiness making you dizzy, your cheeks burning with anger.
"You don't smell like you need a bath" you blurt out. Did you really say it aloud? You blush harder.
"And how do I smell?".
"I - I don't know. Normal?".
"Boring" he drops his arm and pulls you aside, opening the door.
"What is this place?".
"It's... It reminds me of the training room in Beauxbatons" you improvise.

He raises a perplexed brow at you "And you felt the need to train now?".
"No. It felt like a safe place. But you already know this place. How does it appear to you when you open it?".
"Don't expect me to show you" he dismisses.
"Then get out" you say bluntly "You're wasting your time for your bath".
He smirks at you "How rude. Being alone with me frightens you so much? Nobody would come to rescue you here, if I decide to be mean".
He's so right and you wish to deny it. But being alone with him, where people can't find you if you need help...
"Would you risk your reputation of model student for what? A show of power? That's so silly, you know" you hate how your voice betrays your fear.
"I can always manipulate your memories" he suggests.
Occlumency. Thanks Merlin, you learned it through the Dumbledore's Army training.
"I dare you to break into my mind" you hiss crossing your arms.
"Really? Don't make it so appealing or I can't stop" he leans dangerously close to you and you hold your breath to avoid inhaling his breath, the smell of him, hoping he steps back before you choke, instead he moves to speak to your ear "You know far too many secrets for being a guest".
You are paralyzed, his hot breath still tickling your ear.
He steps back before you can pass out.
You breathe deeply, opening ad closing your fists while collecting yourself.
Finally he leaves and you find your voice when he turns his back at you.
"I'll unveil your secrets, Riddle. Count on it" you promise.

A/N

Thursday 2nd February 2023

Danger danger danger! 😈

I'm loving dropping so many ingredients and making a mess 😂
I don't know yet where this story will be going, but it's a cool adventure so far.
I hope you're enjoying it as well and I'm so curious to know what you think of this story so far 🙏😊

The song played by Reader on piano is the cover version of Adele's Easy on Me played by Riyandi Kusuma. It's totally out of time, not even Reader should know it, but that inspired this chapter so that's why I mentioned it 🎶

Something is more dangerous than teasing Riddle, and it's investigating about Moaning Myrtle... but it's just so much fun 🤣

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

990 35 20
"𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙢𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣. 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝...
116K 2.8K 40
𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗱: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗹𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻 When a mysterious girl shows up at Hogwarts in the middle of the school yea...
1.1M 38.6K 66
Vienna Marcus lived an interesting life. She was a proud member of The Order of the Phoenix like her parents before her, was in a fantastic relations...
68.3K 1.4K 37
Lord Voldemort comes to the future as his young self Tom Riddle only to carry on his plans, right under the nose of Albus Dumbledore. But what happen...