Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|LXXXVI|

24 2 0
By risingdawn2022

"Ouroboros"

________________

Casey had been pouring over maps and everything that she could find to possibly help, pretty much at the moment, ever since she found out that Beatrice had been kidnapped by the trio of Dread Doctors.

Casey was shaking her head and she looked up as the door slid open. Casey pulled out a gun and she spun around swiftly as she pointed it directly at the doorway. Tye stood there and Casey lowered her gun.

"I-I couldn't stop it, I'm sorry." Before Casey could sign at him anymore, Tye was hugging her and Casey buried her face into his shoulder.

"Let's just find her, okay?" Tye's voice was trembling and, they both ignored it as she nodded. "Where have you looked already?" He asked and while she had divided the maps into a sea of grid-like sections, she had crossed off the words, that she'd already checked from top to bottom.

|Dread Doctors Lair|

Beatrice was restrained on a table as she was barely able to move her head and she was yelling, as she tried to get out.

Beatrice was yanking at the wrist restraints, but it wasn't really doing anything except, for now just hurting her wrists.

Beatrice eventually fell silent again and she rested her head back against the metal table, until she heard a sort of metallic clicking.

Beatrice turned her head to the left side to see that one of the Doctors was approaching her.

Beatrice felt her fangs swiftly now growing in her mouth to her relief as they forced her lips apart and she let out a growl. "Your condition improves." The doctor stated and she looked over to her right to see, that the two others were approaching her and she let out yet another growl, a much louder one this time. "We have the success. Success, is imminent."

"What does that mean?!" Beatrice demanded and they looked at each other, before they were advancing on her with a needle. "Get that away from ME!" The last word was a roar and then suddenly with a fierce surge of strength that she hadn't felt since the night of the full moon, she tore out of the restraints and roared.

They were on her within seconds as an electromagnetic pulse sent a large shockwave through her and Beatrice, she howled in a stunned pain.

Then the last thing she remembered seeing, were, all of the three doctors staring down at her.

-------

Casey and Tye were looking around as well, while Scott, Malia and Mason were hollering for Liam and Hayden, Tye was sending up periodic howling in hopes that Beatrice could hear him calling.

"Tye... What happens if we don't find Beatrice?" Casey asked and Tye looked at her as he swallowed. "What are you going to do?" She asked as he growled softly.

"Then I'll kill whoever took her. I'll kill whoever it is, I don't care who it is, I will kill them either way. Nobody messes with my family, or my pack."

Casey followed Tye after he had continued walking and he continued to send up periodic howling calls and Casey sighed as she followed him with nothing better to do.

||Abandoned Basement||

"Beatrice?" Liam asked as Beatrice's grunt was rather clear. "Oh thank you, I thought that you were just dead. I thought that you were just already dead." He said and Beatrice grunted.

"I'm a fucking Hale who survived a burning house fire. I am not, not that easy to take down." Beatrice muttered and she checked all around herself at the moment, swiftly for injuries... But, there was none.

"You're Beatrice Hale... Aren't you?" Beatrice growled as she was staring into the corner and there was another shape, sitting there. "I'm-I'm Zach, do you, remember me?" The glow of her eyes faded and Beatrice's eyes softened.

"Yeah, I remember. You were, you were on the transplant list." Beatrice murmured and Zach nodded. "I knew that my body would heal..."

"You gave up a lung to save my life." Zach said and Beatrice smiled a little. "You took mine in exchange, it obviously works for you and, now... I mean, we are both stuck in here. I mean, but what are you?" Zach said and she smiled.

"I was born a werewolf. That's why my eyes are- well, different. It is also why, your lung healed and it worked for me." Beatrice said and he looked at her. "I'm sorry, Zach, that you are stuck in here." She said and he looked at her.

"And I'm sorry that saving my life and giving me a second chance that it just only ended you up in here." It was the truth as Beatrice, she nodded.

"Don't worry about it." Beatrice murmured and then suddenly, the lights were flickering and electric pulses, she could hear them coming along with mighty, deep and metal footsteps. "They are coming." She realized and Zach touched his nose and there was mercury, now there was silver mercury coming out of it.

Zach had gotten dragged out of there screaming loudly and Beatrice's eyes, they were from the pain of it. "He's dead." She whispered and they both looked at her.

They didn't know how long it had been as Beatrice was clambering up onto her feet, snapping out her claws as her fangs, they grew in her mouth.

"Liam? Beatrice? Hayden?" Theo was just about the last person that the trio had been expecting and Beatrice's eyes faded to brown, as she looked at him on the other side of the fence.

"Be careful!" Beatrice warned.

"Theo, wait... Don't!" Their warnings came too late and Theo was thrown to the ground, after the electricity in the fence had shocked him. "Theo, you all right?" Liam asked and Theo sat up as he nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Theo said as he got up onto his feet. "I am the help though." Theo explained and Beatrice was shaking her head.

"I can, maybe open it. But... As you guys have already figured out all too obviously by now, werewolves and electricity... We don't mix." Beatrice noted.

"You look like shit." Theo put it bluntly and Beatrice shrugged at the words. "Get back." He suggested and Beatrice backed up into the corner, as she waited.

Theo managed to pull open the electrified fence and Beatrice was nodding a little. "Nice." She said and she looked at Hayden. "Hayden, how you doing?" She asked and Hayden's eyes flashed with pain.

Beatrice walked over and she rested her hand on her friend's shoulder, as the pain was beginning to be swiftly now, be absorbed into her.

"How do you do that?" Theo asked and Beatrice pulled her hand away as Hayden looked grateful.

"Can't take pain if you don't care." She muttered and she walked past him, as she trudged up the stairs.

Beatrice was sitting in the passenger seat, her head resting against the glass and Theo looked at her. "What are you looking at?" She asked quietly.

"Your cousin is back in town. The alpha, Tye?" Theo asked and she was looking at him at once. "I am pretty sure, that he and Casey, have both just been running all over town to find you." Theo noted.

"Good to know." Beatrice said before she returned her head to looking back and right out of the truck window.

|McCall House|

Beatrice was the only one of the rescued trio still awake, as she looked up when she heard the door opening.

Scott, Malia and Mason, they came through the door first and when they looked back, the two people that were following, they were who Beatrice was staying up for.

Beatrice got up and she saw that Tye was standing in the doorway. Beatrice walked over and Tye was shaking his head and when he opened his arms to her, she walked right into them.

Casey joined their hug and they hugged and Beatrice was shuddering at the sight of them all and Casey was looking at her. "It wasn't your fault. I was being stupid." Beatrice said as she looked at Casey, who was shaking her head.

"No. You were being a Hale." Casey replied and Beatrice laughed lightly and Tye nodded. "You, Derek, Tye, Laura, everyone was like that." She said and Beatrice nodded.

Tye walked past Beatrice and Theo looked at him, right, before the two guys hugged. Casey walked past Beatrice, who moved to stand by Tye again and Casey hugged Theo too.

"We all owe you." Tye admitted and Theo looked over at him, right before he shrugged.

"Just trying to do my part." Theo replied and Tye looked at Beatrice, as she looked completely exhausted.

"You ready to go home?" Tye asked.

"Fuck yeah." Beatrice mumbled and she hopped quickly onto his back for a piggyback ride, as the three of them walked out of the McCall House.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 43 12
Y/n has been attracted to beacon hills ever since her parents were kidnapped by hunters. She meets people who she has a strong urge to protect. Read...
1.8M 55.8K 137
"Mine," he answered as his forehead touched her's. A serious expression set across his face. "That all depends," she replied. "On what?" "If you keep...
42.4K 2.5K 31
The last thing James "Jay" Hale ever imagined was to begrudgingly return to Beacon Hills, find out his older sister was murdered, and then be forced...
714 28 9
An Argent and a Hale. How rare- Oh wait. Ha-ha โœงโโโโœงโœฟโœฟโœฟโœงโโโโœง 22-year-old Olivia Argent left for university right as she turned 18. She kn...