Hiraeth

By underagesprite

Briar- Rose Black hated harry potter. She absolutely despised him. He and his posse were the bane of her exis... More

Cast
Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
chapter 17
authors note
chapter 18
authors note
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

9

2.2K 37 8
By underagesprite

"I can't believe you got the position! Briar, this is great news, you'll be on the team. No woman has been on the team, ever!" Pansy gushed. She was very excited for her best friend, she always had been. Whenever Briar achieved something, whether a small thing or big, Pansy had always cheered her on. She would get her chocolates and celebrate with her. She would push her to do her best. And when Brir wasn't doing good, she would still be there for her. She would help her, listen to her, and be the family she always wanted. Pansy loved Briar more than she loved herself or gossip. Pansy was Briars older sister, she was her biggest supporter and loved her more then Romeo loved Juliet. And everyone knew that.

"Congrats, Briar! Knew you could do it." Blaise cheered, giving Briar a side hug, getting words of encouragement and agreement from Draco and Theo as well.They were in the Slytherin common room right now, standing in a corner. The Slytherin captain had just put up the names of those who made the team and Briar was the new chaser.

Her friends had congratulated her and all, but so did random people she didn't even know existed. Not only was she shocked that she made the team, but so was everyone else. She remembered how it went when she told her friends she would be trying out for the teams.

Flashback

"The quidditch tryouts are today. Anyone trying out?" Pansy asked, sitting down next to Briar and filling her plate up.

"Me."
"Me too."
"Same here" the three replies didn't shock anyone. Draco, Theo and Blaise had always been on the team. They had to try out every year because of the rules, but their spot on the team was secured. What did shock them though was the fourth reply.

"I am."

"You're trying out for quidditch? But there hasn't been a woman on the quidditch team since forever!" Draco was the first to reply to her. (there probably has but bear with me here - author)

"YOU'RE TRYING OUT? OH, MY MERLIN, BRIAR THIS IS GREAT NEWS!" Pansy squealed hugging the girl, making half of the great hall turn to them. "Thank you, Pansy, but you're kinda strangling me."

"You're trying out?" Blaise repeated again.

"Yea, I am. Is that a problem?" she answered back.
"Not for me. But probably for the others though" he replied back, now smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

"Are you sure you want to try out?" Draco asked her, making the girl reply with a nod.

She had started to doubt herself. Would she be able to make the team? Or would she just make a fool of herself?

Ended.

———————————————

"Hey, Briar!" Someone called out, making the girl stop and turn around.

"Oh, hey Hermione, what's up?" She replied to the girl. "I was going to the library to study, and I saw you, I wanted to ask you if you would like to join, so would you?" Hermione asked wearily.

"I would love to. I was going to the library myself as well." and with that they walked towards the library.

"Hey, Hermione, I was wondering about your previous years in Hogwarts. I didn't know you then, so what were they like?" Briar asked her, playing her question off like she was genuinely curious.

"Oh, well, the first year we had that Philosopher's Stone incident. Second year we had the Chamber of Secrets, third year.." she trailed off looking at Briar with pity.

"Yea, I know that. Everyone does. But, what really happened? Come on, Hermione. I won't snitch." Briar forced her to reveal what actually happened, knowing almost everyone didn't believe In the lie Dumbledore told them.

"Oh, okay. But just don't tell anyone. Well, in our first year, we learned about something top secret because of Hagrid. Then we connected it to Nicholas and then professor Dumbledore. Then Harry thought that professor Snape was sabotaging him, so we followed Snape and everything, and it led us to a three headed dog! Can you believe it! A three headed dog! But anyways we passed that then we had to solve this giant chess board. And then Harry went ahead, and things happened and apparently professor Squirrel was- " she stopped, looked around, and whispered in Briars ear "- you know who."

"And for the second year, I figured out that the monstrous creature was in fact a Basilisk. And then Harry and Ron figured out more stuff while it was petrified, and then they found out that the entrance to the chamber was in Myrtle's bathroom. They had gone down there, and Harry said that he met a young you-know-who..."

————————————

Briar was in a trance. Or that's what it looked like. She was walking down the halls of Hogwarts, thinking about everything Hermione had told her. The fact that professor Squirrel was also you-know-who. The stone. The chamber. The diary. What had happened to Ginny. Hermione even promised her to ask Harry exactly what he and you-know-who talked about, and tell her. This new found information was hurting her head and she desperately needed to sit down.

In that moment, all she felt was wind blowing past her body, her knees buckling, and a dizzy feeling. She didn't realise what was happening, until arms wrapped around her waist and held her up, gently picking her up and walking inside a nearby classroom. She was now sitting on one of the desks, as the person who helped her looked at her worryingly.

"Briar? Are you okay? What happened?" She heard a familiar voice, snapping her out of her trance. She looked up only to find the worried face of the one and only; George Weasley.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. That's all" she lied, knowing George didn't believe her. "Are you sure? Do you want me to take you to the hospital wing?" He asked, searching her eyes for any type of sign for him to help her.

"No, I'm fine, thanks Georgie." She replied, assuring him she was fine. George didn't believe her, but decided to drop it. "What happened right now?"

"Well, you were in a trance, I think? You looked like a robot. Like someone had given you orders and you were completing them with no questions asked, head empty. You were just walking straight bumping into people and ghosts. And then you started swaying a little and you fell, but I caught you." He explained to her, before adding "Don't worry, there were barely any people in the corridor." To comfort her.

"Thanks again Georgie" she replied to him with a smile, looking up In his eyes. They were very close right now, and Briar had that same feeling again. But this time it was mixed with another one. She felt that same warmth and happiness, but she also felt nervous. She felt her heartbeat quicken and her breathing slowed.

She didn't know if she was in trance while walking, but she knew she was in one right now. All she could think about right now was George. His eyes. His smile. His hair. His laugh. Everything about him. But the thing that captivated her the most right now was his eyes. His gentle, brown eyes looked down at her. She had gotten lost in them before, but today it was different. His eyes were like sunlight through a bottle of whiskey, in which she was drowned in. His eyes melted into golden rays, circling an eclipse. The way the sunlight shined on his face, defining it even more, made Briar's stomach flutter. Her eyes flickered down to his lips and back up. She wanted to lean in and kiss him, but she couldn't.

"Um, so I heard you got a spot on the team. Congratulations, Briar!" George broke the silence, letting out an awkward cough and stepping back, making Briar tune back in.

"Uh, yeah, I did. Thanks Georgie" she replied, stepping back as well.

"You know, it isn't fair. You have a nickname for me but I don't have one for you." He complained, forcing himself not to smile.

"Well, technically everyone calls you Georgie so.."

"That doesn't matter. Wait, I'm going to give you a nickname" he said thinking back to everything, finding a suitable nickname for the girl.

"Well then I'm going to give you one as well."

"Suit yourself."

"What about Ria?" George suggested, and briar almost immediately agreed with him, forgetting thats what Theo called her.

"And for you, Bambi." She suggested knowing he would hate it.

"Ohmymerlin Ria no. Please love, I hate that" he begged her, putting his head in his hands

"See all the more reason to call you that" she sang, grinning happily at him. "From now on, your name is Bambi." She announced, giggling, while trying to tickle George.

"Merlin Ria, you make me crazy" he muttered, low enough to make sure the girl didn't hear.

So what do yall think? George and Briar? Anyways have a good day/night :) /author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 108K 43
The year after her brother James graduates, Teddy Potter returns to Hogwarts for her final year. With the Marauders gone, it should be a quiet, peace...
273K 8.9K 70
𝘈𝘥𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴... 𝘪𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...
3.4K 81 34
What if Sirius Black had had a daughter? A girl who knew nothing about her very, ancient, and most noble name. In the corridors at Hogwarts, she'd he...
56.2K 1.5K 69
(I recommend you don't read unless you want to cringe) this is the story of emily black. her choices, her love, father, deaths, friends, life after H...