Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|LXXVII|

35 2 0
By risingdawn2022

"Smoke and Mirrors"
______________________

Beatrice and Tye got off of the back of his motorcycle together, which, Casey had returned the keys to after it was clear that he was actually alive and not just a figment of their collective imaginations.

Stiles, Malia and Liam had all gotten out of the familiar old blue jeep, while Braeden pulled up with Casey in the passenger seat of the prison transport van.

"Who is going in the back of the transport van with the littlest wolf of our group?" Casey asked and Braeden glanced at her, as another vehicle was pulling up.

Derek and Peter got out of the other vehicle as Derek raised his eyebrows at the sight of Liam, who had his hands in his pockets. "Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked as he was nodding, pointing at Liam.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles countered his argument, pointing at Peter with lifted eyebrows.

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering that Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going. A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her... Maybe she can. So, if everyone here is now sufficiently freaked out, I say that we get going." Peter said and he was pointing at the entrance.

"We can't. Not without Lydia." Stiles explained and they all looked over at him.

"What's she doing at the school anyways?" Derek asked and Beatrice was leaning casually against the side of their new prison transport van.

"We needed a stronger scent, a stronger trace for Kira." Beatrice explained and Derek looked at her and she sighed. "Ask whatever is on your mind, Derek, or you won't stop looking at me until you do." She said.

"You have your own pack, your own family that is separate from us. So, my question is, what are you doing here on a full moon instead of being with your pack and your alpha?" Derek asked and Beatrice shrugged.

"I'm here to help. You have a Beta werewolf with serious anger issues, who has only been through one full moon so far. Besides, Liam is an old friend." Beatrice said.

"Who's riding in the back of the transport van?" Casey questioned again, knocking loudly on the left side of the van for their attention.

"Me." Beatrice offered.

"Me." Derek said and Casey nodded a little bit.

Derek inclined his head and Casey raised her eyebrows, walking over to him. "What is it?" She questioned.

"I need you to stay in the other car with Peter." Derek said and Casey's eyes widened, before she was shaking her head at once. "Hey, hey, look at me." He said and she was shaking her head.

"I am not leaving the now newly human you, in the back of a transport bus alone with a raging Beta!" Casey signed furiously and Derek looked at her.

"I need you to keep the peace in between Tye and Peter. Malia will be going in the car with them and I won't be alone." Derek reminded her gently and Casey looked over her shoulder at Beatrice, who was looking at them, as her eyes glowed icy blue. "I will have her and Stiles." Derek said and Casey shut her eyes, before she nodded.

"But what about Lydia's banshee prediction?" Casey asked and her fingers were shaking, as Derek was holding her hands.

"If it happens, then it happens. But you need to take care of the others, I need you to help them when everything is falling apart. Like what you did when... When you thought that I was dead after the fight with the Alphas." Derek said as she nodded her head and she hugged him.

"Be careful." Casey reminded him as Derek nodded and Casey grabbed her gun and she held it out to him.

Derek took the weapon and he put it into his pocket, as Casey walked over to the car where Peter, Malia and Tye were waiting.

Casey turned around to face the whole group and she looked at them with a steel-like determination in her face. "Let's go." She signed.

||Prison Transport||

Beatrice was sitting quietly next to Derek on his left, while Stiles was on the other side.

After it was clear that "Alpha, Beta, Omega" wasn't resonating with Liam very well, it had occurred to Beatrice that there was another one.

"Liam, what three things cannot long be hidden?" Beatrice asked as she felt the moon trying, to take over her too, but she resisted the call. "Liam, say it with me. The sun,"

"The sun..."

"The moon."

"The moon..."

"The truth."

"The truth..."

"Say it again. Say it again, Liam, say the words." Stiles urged and Beatrice leaned back in her seat.

"What three things cannot long be hidden? The sun, the moon, and the truth." Beatrice murmured the words under her breath and she was leaning back against the side of the transport, as her eyes returned to normal.

"Good thinking on that one, Beat, I never thought that I'd hear that from a Hale." Derek said and she looked at him and she nodded.

"I use the same mantra, Derek, it is not a big deal." Beatrice murmured as she was watching her fingers rather carefully now, for any unwarranted transformations.

Liam snapped out his claws successfully and Beatrice chuckled a bit, right up, until Derek was thrown away from them by a Berserker.

"Derek!" Beatrice roared and she lunged out of the van, leaping for the Berserker in a rage. Then multiple gunshots followed from both Braeden and Casey, who ran over to Derek at once.

Beatrice ran to Tye and he looked at her, before he looked over to Casey as she was crouching next to Derek. "Just go! Go!" Derek shouted and Tye knew how bad it was, he could tell, but he didn't say anything before he nodded and he walked inside of the church.

Casey was shaking her head and she put pressure on the mortal wound as Braeden looked at her. "I'm not leaving." Casey's signs were sharp and her eyes reinforced it, as Braeden, she was nodding.

Braeden nodded as she went to get more ammunition and to prepare for the Berserker that was coming, right along with Kate Argent. "You-you should go." Derek said and he spat blood to the side and Casey shook her head.

"No." It felt like a stone was cutting through Casey's vocal cords, and her voice rasped and he looked up at her and she shook her head. "I'm not leaving." She signed and Derek was nodding.

"Lydia was right." Derek whispered and Casey ducked, when she heard a Berserker's roar, Kate's angry yowling and a whole lot of hunters speaking Spanish. "The Calaveras. Your family."

"You're my family." Casey signed and Derek smiled a little, as she felt tears rolling down her cheeks. "Keep pressure on that." She ordered and he nodded.

"Isn't this cute?" Casey was frozen again and Derek, he was struggling to hold on. Casey turned around to see a gun pointed at her. "You're crying over a monster, a monster who is already dead."

"My cousin is not a monster." Before Casey's father could say anythin' at all to that, Tye had knocked the gun out of his hands and Beatrice had torn out his throat.

Casey's eyes widened at the sight of Beatrice's bloodstained claws and the blood dripped from them and Casey was looking at the body of her father and his blood sunk into the ground.

"Why-why aren't you guys with the others?" Derek asked and Tye looked at him.

"Because, big brother, we didn't want you to die alone." Tye said and Derek looked at him, as Tye walked to him as he rested his hand on his arm.

"Tye, you don't have to..." Derek's words trailed off as Tye, he was now taking his pain away from him.

Tye lunged for Kate on his own and the Berserker stabbed him repeatedly but thanks to the full moon, it healed almost as fast as it started to hurt him.

Tye was backing away as Kate was firing at him with wolfsbane bullets and he was snarling, as he was backing down.

"Time to show off?" Beatrice asked and Tye shrugged. "I'll help them find Scott." Beatrice said and Tye nodded a bit.

Casey looked back at Derek, to see that he was weakly looking at her yet again. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She signed and Derek smiled faintly, as she moved her hand over to rest on his heart and it had stopped.

Casey was shuddering as she looked over at Tye, who realized instantly at her tearful eyes, what the look meant and he let out a terrible roar.

The roar echoed throughout La Iglesia, even the humans could hear it and Beatrice stopped fighting briefly at the terrible sound. "Derek." She whispered.

----

Braeden was firing at the Berserker while Casey was advancing with both of her guns blazing, firing at the Berserker with a rage and hatred, all beyond all measure of it before.

Casey stood next to her grandmother Araya and she snapped out one of her own electrified cattle prods and her eyes flashed in rage. "Come, La Loba. Let me show you how the Calaveras die." Araya stated and Kate roared.

Then suddenly, a pair of piercing howls broke through the air and cut off the other sounds. Over the broken wall came two pure-black wolves.

They loped confidently and when Kate was roaring at them, their eyes glowed at the sight. One with red eyes and one with icy blue eyes.

Casey's eyes widened as they lunged directly for Kate, who snarled and she was screaming as they sunk their fangs into Kate's arms and she was dragging herself away.

The two wolves stood up in human form and Casey's smile was stunned at the sight of Tye and Derek, who had achieved what their sister Laura and what their mother Talia had also managed to do.

Casey was also rather surprised, to see that Tye had gotten a tattoo, the same triskele that Derek had in between his shoulder blades, directly in the center of his back.

"You were... You were dead." Kate said and Derek was shaking his head at her.

"No. I was evolving. Something you'll never do." Derek said as Casey looked over to see the Berserker was coming for them.

Casey reached for her guns, but Derek, he swiftly lunged directly for the Berserker and it was dead within a few seconds. Derek dropped the animal skull and he looked over at Casey, who was shaking her head a bit.

Casey walked over to the Hale brothers and they looked at each other, before Casey walked into their hugs. The three of them were silently hugging one another, as they leaned on one another for support.

"Just for the record? Der?" Tye asked and Derek looked over at him and Tye was shaking his head. "You really, really truly, did look dead this time." Tye murmured and Casey let out a choked sound, that was a sort of laugh.

Casey went with Derek and Braeden in Derek's car, Braeden, who wanted to get another motorcycle, before she went off on her own again.

Tye went with them back to Beacon Hills, but he was leaving again as well after he got his motorcycle.

Beatrice walked toward Devenford and she found that Brett was on the lacrosse field and that Lori, she was sitting in the stands. "Hey, kid, you miss me?" Beatrice asked as Lori was looking over at her.

"Beatrice!" She shouted as Beatrice smiled and Lori raced off of bleachers and went towards her and with a smile, she very nearly tackled her into the ground.

"Hey Lori." Beatrice murmured and she was smiling, as Lori got off of her and Beatrice grunted. "Ow, kid, I think you busted a rib." Beatrice muttered.

"She just tackled you." Beatrice blinked as she saw Brett was standing over her with a hand out to help her up. Beatrice accepted the hand up with a smile. "Next time, don't you dare run off without telling us." He said and she nodded.

"That sounds reasonable. Also, ow, Lori, you hit me like a freaking cannonball. That hurt." Beatrice said and the three of them hugged it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 109 31
This is once again another Teen Wolf fanfiction. ----- Everything was over....right? Wrong. There has been a disease outbreak in Beacon Hills. It's a...
68.5K 1.5K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
14.7K 457 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...