SOS

By Sprinting_Ginger

Who knew that silence could be the loudest thing in a room? Luke certainly didn't, but he might just be grate... More

Story Info
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Epilogue

Fifty-Two

820 35 22
By Sprinting_Ginger

Old Bo's New Foes

It's only been two days since 5 Seconds of Summer (5sos) front man Luke Hemmings was caught in a private moment with new girlfriend Elodie Stewart, confirming to speculating fans that the two are serious and not just friends. But the baffling part of the situation wasn't the fact that the two are dating, but why they were exiting the local courthouse on a seemingly random Monday morning. Hemmings fans came up with many ideas but few were even in a ballpark range of the news that dropped today.

Officially filed with the Los Angeles county courts this morning were three cases Against Amy Burgess, two filed by Elodie Stewart, and the third by Luke Robert Hemmings. Hemmings' case as well as one of Stewart's are asking for restraining orders against Burgess. The evidence in those cases is sealed currently, and will not be available for the public to access until after the assigned court date, scheduled for September 1, 2022.

The second case being brought forward by Stewart will also be taken by the same judge on the same day. Burgess is being charged with assault and battery after an incident between the pair in late July where Stewart accused Burgess of attacking her verbally and physically. No further details of the attack have been released at this time.

Public defendant, Lisa Tuttle appears to be representing both Hemmings and Stewart. This will be her first high profile client case. Our reporters have reached out to both Ms Tuttles office and Hemmings team, both declining comment on the cases moving forward. But be rest assured, we will be following the cases as they unfold.

***

"Fuck." Elodie sighs as she finishes reading through the article. If she wasn't nervous enough for tonight already, throwing their court cases to the wolves isn't going to help.

"You okay?" Peter startles her, her focus having been fully on her phone as she walks into the kitchen.

"Someone found the filings with the courts for Luke's and my cases against Amy. There's an article and I'm sure it's all over 5sos twitter and TikTok by now." She sighs.

"Didn't they get filed literally like eight hours ago?" His eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Luke's fans are scary as fuck." She nods though.

"I'm sorry, El, but you knew this could happen."

"I know, and we'll deal with it, but it just really fucking sucks. They're still debating my relationship since that got exposed on Monday, and now they get to add 'charging his ex with assault' to my resume as they decide if they're going to like me or not."

"El, they already love you." He laughs, "They have since Ireland."

"Ya, but some of them changed their minds after Monday."

"Well change them back." He shrugs as if it's the easiest request in the world.

"I think, at least for today, I'm going to try to make sure his actual friends like me." She huffs slightly, turning as a knock comes at the door.

"His friends already like you." Peter points out.

"Maybe, I'm not convinced yet." She chuckles, pulling the door open to see Luke standing on the threshold.

"Not convinced of what, pretty girl?" He asks.

"That your friends actually like me for my silent self."

"They do. Don't worry about that. You'll see tonight." Luke rolls his eyes at her.

"Ya, your friends might learn to like me, your fans on the other hand..." She sighs.

"They haven't been that bad. In fact I think the majority threw parties celebrating the news."

"Ya, that was before someone found out I'm taking your ex to court."

"Technically we are taking her to court, and she deserves it, and they will have to realize that. Now stop doing your cute little Elodie panic and put your shoes on, we have a dinner to get to."

"Right." Elodie's sighs, grabbing her sandals and dropping them in front of her, slipping her feet into them.

"Let me know if you're not planning on coming home tonight, El. Stop stressing and have fun." Peter calls out.

"I wouldn't plan on her being home tonight." Luke answers back as he pulls Elodie out the door, closing it behind them.

"I'm not going to be home tonight?" Elodie smirks up at Luke.

"Nope, I have it on good authority that you like my bed better."

"I do." She nods, smiling genuinely as she leans into his arm.

***

"Wow, Michael's house is huge." Elodie's jaw drops slightly as Luke drives through the locked gate, having put in a pin outside.

"This is actually their rental property, they live about as far away from here as I do." Luke laughs, "But they use this one for themselves from time to time, and tonight it's the band date night location."

"Either way, they own this place, and it's massive." Elodie shrugs.

"Pretty much the ultimate party house too. You'll see." Luke shrugs, parking his car between a Black Range Rover and a White Tesla.

"I can see that."

"Come on, it looks like everyone else is already here." He steps out of the car, meeting her around the back and taking her hand in his, giving it an encouraging squeeze. "Relax, tonight is supposed to be fun."

"I'm trying." She sighs, "The court case and the articles about us are really throwing me off, I'm sorry."

"Hey, I've got you. You know that right?" Luke stops just in front of the door, turning to face her.

"I know. That doesn't quiet all my anxieties though, even if it helps."

"Whatever you need, just ask. I love you, pretty girl, and I promised from the start that I'd do everything I could to help you navigate this if it turned into what it has. And I meant every word of that promise." He brushes some of her hair back, cupping her jaw softly before leaning in to kiss her deeply for a moment.

"I love you too, Lu. And I promise I'm trying, and I'm excited for tonight, just always a little bit nervous when it comes to social situations."

"I've got you." He repeats, waiting until she nods before twisting the knob and letting them into the front entry.

"Hemmings, is that you finally?" Calum's voice rings over the laughter they can hear coming from deeper in the home.

"Just because you were early doesn't mean we are late." Luke laughs, guiding Elodie into a kitchen space where everyone is standing around the island.

"I'm so glad you guys made it!" Crystal grins, passing them wine glasses, and the option of red or white wine.

"Thanks for the invite." Luke nods, pouring himself and El each a glass.

"Of course, when Michael told me you guys were back in town we had to. Sorry it was so last minute."

"We only got back on Sunday, and we didn't even know it would be Sunday until Friday, so I think the last minute thing was fine." Luke chuckles.

"Well, we are glad you're both here. Should we eat?"

"Yes! Crystal is the best cook, I've been looking forward to this since we set it up." Brandy speaks up, spinning to head to the table with her drink.

"You ate twenty minutes before we left the house and you're acting like you're starving." Calum laughs, following her though.

"Correction, I snacked twenty minutes before we left. I have plenty of room for dinner."

"Snacking is not eating." Michael agrees with Brandy quickly, helping Crystal grab a couple platters and bring them to the table.

"Any kind of eating, is eating." Luke laughs, pulling out Elodie's chair for her.

"Exactly!" Calum exclaims.

"Stop fighting, eat if you want, don't if you don't, I'm not going to be offended either way." Crystal laughs, setting a large bowl of pasta on the table beside the plate of garlic bread and salad bowl Michael had brought over.

"Oh we will all be eating, this looks amazing!" Brandy grins.

"Thank you, you're not allergic to anything right, Elodie?" Crystal turns suddenly, relief flooding her eyes when Elodie shakes her head. "Good, me accidentally killing you because you're allergic to garlic or something would be one too many shit shows in our world right now."

Elodie can't help but laugh at the statement, feeling a bit of relief as she hears Crystal joke about it all. She's been with Michael for a long time, she would know if all this drama is worthy of laughing about or not.

"Amen to that." Luke chuckles, resting his arm around Elodie's shoulders.

"Okay, but not everything in our world is a mess. We got the female vocal on Older and it is perfect." Michael points out, sitting finally with the group.

"We did?" Calum grins, turning sharply.

"Ya, she came to the studio on Monday to record it." Mike nods.

"Who is it?" Brandy asks quickly.

"Ghost vocalist. Mike and I are the only ones who know. We haven't even told Ashton or Calum." Luke answers immediately.

"Not without some protest. It's weird to not know who is singing on our album." Calum laughs, "I'm excited to hear it though."

"I have it close to done, I'll show you guys when we're all back in the studio on Friday." Michael grins excitedly, "And trust me, it is worth it to keep her identity under wraps, her voice is exactly what Luke and I imagined for it when we wrote the song."

"I haven't heard the mix, but listening to her record live really got me excited about what it will sound like when it's finished. I just know it's going to be perfect." Luke adds.

Elodie hides her smile behind the salad bowl as she passes it, trying not to give away how giddy she feels to hear Luke talking her up. Her right hand drops below the table to squeeze his leg softly, a subtle thank you that she knows he understands when his hand squeezes hers quickly before letting go so she can go back to eating.

"I'm excited to hear it." Calum nods.

"Me too. I already loved the song with just your vocals, but the way the two of you have been talking it up makes me more excited." Crystal nods.

"It's Elodie's favorite song off the album, hopefully she still likes it with the female vocal." Luke teases lightly.

"How many non-released songs have you shown her though?" Calum points out.

"Um, Older and Bleach." Luke laughs.

"So she has thirteen songs she hasn't heard yet."

"Twelve, Easy For You To Say technically hasn't been released, but she has heard it."

"Still, she has twelve other songs she might love more." Michael laughs.

"I doubt it changes, but I'll accept that I was wrong if it does."

Dinner continues as the boys do most of the talking, continuing to discuss the album and plans they band needs to work on. Only changing the subject when Crystal announces that they need to stop making the date night into a work meeting.

"Okay, games in the living room?" Crystal asks as everyone finishes eating.

"We'll get it set up." Calum nods, helping Brandy out of her chair before guiding her out of the room.

"Don't follow too quickly. I bet they're making out." Michael comments as Luke stands.

"We'll give them a minute." Luke laughs, "You mind if I show El the backyard? I kind of talked it up to her."

"Of course! Don't get lost though, I'm planning on whipping all your asses in cards tonight." Crystal nods, taking the plate from Elodie before she can take two steps, "Thank you for attempting to clean up, but we are the hosts, you go with Luke."

"Come on, pretty girl." Luke chuckles, throwing his arm over Elodie's shoulders. "First rule of Crystal's house, you are not going to be allowed to clean up for her."

Elodie leans into Luke's side as they exit the back of the house, wrapping her arm securely around his waist. "This house is so beautiful." Her voice is barely loud enough to hear.

"It is, they put a lot of work into it to make it as amazing as it is. And it's fun to see Crystal bringing out another side of Michael the way this project has."

"And now you get to reap the benefits from time to time." She sighs, hugging her second arm around his middle.

"We get to reap the benefits." He corrects her. "Are you having fun tonight, El?"

"Yeah." She smiles up at him, "But you and Michael spent like ten minutes talking me up to everyone so that may have helped." She chuckles.

"Deserved." He shrugs.

"You were right you know, Older is my favorite song off the album. I don't have to hear the other twelve to know that."

"I know, that's why I was so confident in saying it." He chuckles.

"It's a special song, Luke. For everyone, but especially for us. It has been such a defining piece to who we are."

"You turned my good song into a great song, into my favorite song. I could never thank you enough for that." He states, pulling her in front of him fully, smiling down at her.

"I love you, Luke Hemmings." She smiles, her eyes flutter closed as he brushes his thumb across her cheek.

"I love you too, pretty girl." He mumbles, bending to kiss her, "Should we go play games with our friends?"

"Probably. Thanks for having great friends, Luke. It makes this all so much easier for me."

"You know, it makes my life easier too." He jokes, laughing as her eyes roll instinctively at him.

"Impossible." Elodie mumbles, shaking her head softly as Luke spins them back towards the house.

***
Crystalleigh

Liked by Guitargirl9, CalumHood, and others
Crystalleigh: Good Food, Good friends, good times 🤍

AshtonIrwin: Calum was definitely cheating 🃏
CalumHood: @ashtonirwin you weren't even there!

Almondmilkhunni: You forgot best host! (That was you)

Bloodhoundstan: 5sos date night is the softest content 🥺🥺🥺

FakebitchBecca: @ashtoniwrin if you need a date to get an invite next time my DM's are open 😉

—————————
Thoughts?

Only a few more chapters to go... what happens?

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 339 133
Luke Hemmings Fanfic. First one, so be nice. So....read it and stuff....please...? Beta: @hyppogirl
231K 6.3K 33
Luke hemmings fan fiction