The Switch (JakeHoon&HeeJake)

By ENCARMOA96

"Duty means doing the things your heart may well regret" - Jake "Opportunities only knock once, take risk"... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
End of Book 1
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XVIV
XX
XXI
Hi Guys!!!
The Little Royals

XIII

462 34 18
By ENCARMOA96

Taki

I am currently running towards the room the butler pointed me to and as soon as I reached the door, I immediately entered and I froze to who I saw.

"Taki hyung?"

[A/N: I know they're Japanese but I'm more used to "hyung"]

I ran to him and immediately engulfed him in a hug. After spending my jail time doing community service in Zeviera, Prince Sunghoon allowed me to go to my brother who is currently safe in a house in Segovia.

Committing a crime really did a toll on me and I totally deserve the hours of helping in restoration after the war. Prince Sunghoon released me from my prison time because according to him, I have served enough. I owe mine and my brother's life to them and I will return the favor. I will do my best to be of their service. I kind of enjoyed working in the kitchen with EJ hyung during my time as a 'pretend prince'. I know EJ hyung won't trust me again just like before but I will do my best to be more trustworthy.

If ever we will be friends again, I hope we can be close. Is it too soon to say that I like him? He's so caring and so good with his job. Even he discovered my lies and I like him for that.

But I know he likes someone else, I think it is this Nicho fellow he always spoke about. He would always have a smile on his face when he spoke his name.

"How have you been Maki?"

Setting aside my thoughts, I gazed at my brother who looked so relieved and I noticed how he has gained some weight and he's no longer like skin and bones. I should thank the Prince later for taking care of him.

"I'm fine hyung . . . they took of me very well . . how were you? I heard they punished you"

"They did . . but I deserve it. . .I tried to kill them . . . don't worry, the punishment is not hard. I was just given a community service.. I along with other prisoners went around the kingdom fixing the areas damaged by bombings and attacks. . it just got harder when the war happens. . . we helped with the soldiers, the restoration and the cleaning . . ."

"So the prisoners are with you? They let prisoners out? Won't they escape?"

"No one will dare or you'll be given a death sentence immediately. . . they let the prisoners do work to benefit the kingdom instead of them rotting inside a cell. . . some prisoners were sent to do farm work, and others are like me, sent to do restoration. . ."

"You're not hit right?"

"They won't hit you . . . the reason everyone is doing their best job is because the better you are at what they ask you to do, the better the food. . who wouldn't want a feast? Wait, why did you ask?"

"I'm glad . . .you know, when Zeviera rescued me, I got scared because they might hit me but unlike the king of Hetheria, they were so kind . . . they even feed me and brought me here . . I even have a security"

I couldn't help but shed a tear before hugging him again.

I now understand why Hetheria is desperate to destroy Zeviera. It is not actually the kingdom but the royals themselves. They are jealous of how the people are so loyal to their royals and they wanted that to change that's why they did all the bombings and all. But Zevierans trust their leaders more than anyone else.

I learned that when I spoke to one of the prisoners and he told me that if the royals didn't say it, it is not true. They trust them so much that they do what they were asked.

That's the reason why there is a zero number of deaths from the attacks and the war. It is because the moment the king told them to evacuate to the forest where it is the safest hiding place to evacuate, they immediately did. And when the bombs were landed, no one is inside the houses.

And when they were assured of help to rebuild their homes, I saw less to zero complaints.

The Hetherian king envies this so much because he can never get that trust from his people. Even if that's not the real reason for his attack, I am sure it is one of them.

"After all this, what do you want to do?"

"Prince Riki offered me help and I told him I want to finish my study . .  . I want to be someone who will have the ability to help them. Either I will serve in the army or in the hospital. . "

"Really? . . "

"He said I'm technically innocent from their scheme and I'm too young to serve . . he too wanted to study but he has duties to do . . "

"So did you say yes?"

"I did . . and he said he will speak with Prince Sunghoon and Jake for me. . he said I can choose which kingdom to study . . . what do you think hyung?"

"Well, I plan to continue serving Zeviera . . so I will probably stay there . . "

"I'll go to Zequiero then . . ."

"Why? Don't you wanna be with me?"

"Prince Riki said that his brother, Prince Harua will be studying in Zequiero . . so I will join him. He's nice"

I smiled to myself as I still cannot believe how mine and my brother's lives had a total 360° turn. From the orphanage to being held captives to be finally free and added to that, there are people willing to help us out.

Imagine if I pushed through with their plan and really placed the poison in all their meals and not only Jay's, we wouldn't be having this right now.

I still think I don't deserve this. I will make sure to do everything to deserve this.

"Hyung, what do you think is happening to Hetheria now?"

"I don't know but after they lost the battle, I'm sure they're no longer in power . . ."

"But did they really kill that man?"

Ah yes, the Zequiere Prince's adviser.

"I'm afraid they did . . . "

"I got rescued when he was captured. . . he left me with something. . . he said to give to the commander in chief of the royal guards. . . I still didnt do it . . I'm too scared to even speak after I was rescued. Hyung, do you know who he is?"

I immediately had goosebumps after hearing that because I have seen him in the kingdom. I think he is the lover of the one who was captured because when he returned, I saw how he broke down in the arms of the prince and how he showed no mercy to the king. He scares me and I think he still holds grudge towards me.

"I know . . he was sent to Hetheria. . . you could hand that to the princes and they will give it to him. . "

"I want to give it to him . . . it's the least I can do"

"Ok . . let us talk to Prince Riki ok? I will help you hand that to him"

I hope the chief commander won't kill me if he sees me again.

___________

EJ

I'm pacing back and forth in Nicho's room as I wait for him. I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous maybe because I am about to tell him something or because I am expecting him to say something.

All those years I have been with him, I realized how he's now a big part of my life and I can't even imagine now how my life would be if he were not here with me.

Just the time he went to Segovia for a mission, I'm already feeling so different. I am losing my focus, I'm losing my passion in food and I am loosing my belief in myself that I was almost brainwashed by the enemy. It is hard to adjust to a sudden change, I know that for sure but it is even harder if that change is literally turning your life 360° around.

I heard the door open and immediately I turn towards it waiting for him to enter and when he did, I was immediately taken aback by his new hair.

He's always wearing his cap so I never noticed it before but, his hair grew longer.

"Have you been waiting here? Or have you been staying here?"

"Both . . . I sometimes come here to sleep.  .  . and also, your fridge is empty"

A small laugh left his lips sending my blood rushing to my face and I know for sure I'm red right now. It's not my fault I drank all his alcohol. I mean, kinda my fault but you can't blame me, they're there, what am I suppose to do when I'm feeling so down? Of course I would drink it.

"Hey . . Sunghoon got some too and K hyung too"

"It's alright. . . thanks for looking out for my house . "

"I . . you're welcome . . and before I will lose my ability to speak, let me tell you something. . Uhm, I want to thank you for always being there for me. And I'm sorry for what happened before, I don't know what happened when I got drunk on that charity ball but I know I must've done something to upset you . . I'm sorry . . . I can only remember being hurt and all. I messed up didnt I? And lastly, I want to know what I did that night . . ."

His face turned so serious after I said the last sentence making me feel scared. And when he began to step forward, I froze on my spot as I was lost in his gaze. His eyes always has something that makes it seem like he's hypnotizing you to look at him.

"The reason I didn't speak to you after that night is because I realize I also want to put myself first before you . . I should put my self first before my feelings for you because I am so hurt . . .I distanced myself because I want to heal and also because I want you to realize the solution to your problem without me. I want you to find your answer and I want me to find myself again . . I got upset by what you did . . but I just can't stay mad at you for a long time"

"When you left, I thought I can finally decide on my own . . but I was wrong. I again chose to hurt myself. It is clear to me that K hyung sees me as a little brother but I still pushed through with my thoughts and admit to him my feelings . .  he made me realize that all this time, I'm just looking at the wrong person. . . he told me that maybe I do have feelings but I'm confused yet about it and it just so happens that he's the one who's been showing affection to me. I was confused.

When you returned because Sunghoon called you, I realized how much you really mean to me. With just your words, I was pulled out of the quicksand I'm sinking in. Tell me, do you perhaps know whom I'm feeling these for? Do you know for whom are these heartbeats for? "

K hyung cleared everything to me.

I grew up with no one to show me affection and care. My parents will always leave me alone to go to the kitchen and I wasn't allowed to leave the room. I knew Nicho from my dad's friend who is his father.

Because we both have no playmate, they always brought us to be on our own and we literally grew up together. Nicholas will always tease me and pull pranks on me but he's also the one who will always comfort me.

When we met K hyung, he would always ruffle my hair and pat my back and will always compliment me.

K hyung told me maybe that is the reason I thought I liked him but the truth is, I like him differently.

"If you say it like that, it makes me wanna assume"

I stepped closer towards him and a memory like a sparkle flashed in my memory. We were this close before, but why? And how?

"Tell me .  .  . what happened that night. . maybe my answer is there"

Instead of answering, he wrapped his arm arpund my waist pulling me closer to him and his other hand held the back of my head and in one swift motion, I felt his lips claiming mine.

I immediately closed my eyes as my heart exploded with pure bliss. This feeling is the same. That night, I felt this sensation too.

The sensation I thought was with K hyung, it turned out to be with Nicholas.

I responded to the kiss wrapping my arms around his nape and tilting my head a little to the side to have more access to his lips.

If I had known, I should've kissed him a long time ago. Then I saved myself a heartbreak.

_______________

Did you like it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 78 9
" ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™, ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™๐™ž๐™ข ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ž "
50.1K 1.6K 18
in which two young and popular kpop idols fall in love with each other. one is extremely talented at dancing, the other has a smile worth all the gol...
100K 1.7K 58
(โœ“) female reader x enhypen imagines fluff, angst, yandere oneshots and scenarios for lovely engenes โ™ก
200K 11.5K 43
โit's a win-win. both of us will gain something good if we help each other out!โž - wherein two boys agreed to help each other, just so that the perso...