Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|L|

63 3 0
By risingdawn2022

"Life In Beacon Hills"
____________________

Casey brought a cup of coffee to Sheriff Stilinski, who smiled at her and he nodded.

"If you need any help with the wall behind you, I can help. I know quite a bit, age can be deceiving as you know." Casey said and swiftly, he was nodding at the words, and she walked away from the office.

Casey looked up and she saw that Derek, Peter, Tye and Cora were out front and Casey looked back at Sheriff Stilinski, who had see the quartet as well. Sheriff Stilinski nodded swiftly as Casey walked out of the station to meet the four.

"So, you all are no longer people of interest. Officially and unofficially, all of you have been cleared." Casey said and she stopped in front of them. "So, Cora, South America?" She asked and Cora was smiling and she nodded. "If you need help, any of you, call." She said.

"What are you gonna do, hop on a plane and come down to wherever in the world, and then come and get us?" Peter asked as she looked at him and she shook her head.

"I don't understand even remotely, how I didn't kill you long ago when I was in high school." Casey said as she shook her head. "Also yes, I will get on the next flight out to save your guys' and girl's asses." She said as Cora was smiling.

"I forgot how much I liked you." A smile was on Cora's face and Cora was hugging Casey, who chuckled a little at the words.

"You know who you remind me of right now, Cora?" Casey asked and the youngest Hale looked at her. "You are reminding me of a younger Laura, so, don't you dare lose that." She said and Cora hugged her again. "Ow, kid... I'm human my bones still break." She said as Cora let her go at once at the words with a wince.

Now it was Casey's eyes that were quite amused and she looked over at Tye, who was looking at her with raised eyebrows.

Casey reached back under her jacket and she pulled out a gun. Tye raised his eyebrows and she held it out to him.

When Tye went to take it from her hands, she shook her head quickly as she had more to say. "Only for emergencies. Don't just panic and start shooting, I taught you better than that." She said and Tye nodded.

"Normal bullets?" Tye asked and she nodded. "In case I accidentally fire it in the vicinity of werewolves?" Tye asked and she nodded again. "Right, any other tips and tricks?"

"Don't point it at your eye if the gun gets jammed." Casey suggested and he scoffed, recognizing it as the way that a whole bunch of stupid movie people characters with guns, had died. "Hey, I mean it." Casey said and Tye nodded.

"You got any tips for either of us then?" Peter asked and Casey looked at Peter with annoyance in her eyes.

"Don't piss off Derek enough so that he feels like he has to kill you again, even just as an insurance policy." She said bluntly as Peter winced. "Derek, feel free to kill him again. I do not really think, that anybody else here or anywhere, would miss him." Casey said and Derek shrugged. "Now, all of you, get out of here." Casey said as she got hit with hugs from Tye, Cora, and Derek all at once. "Whoa." Casey said.

"Feel free to come and visit any time. Human or werewolf, doesn't matter." Cora said as Casey chuckled at the words, before she nodded a bit.

"Good to know that thankfully, your pack won't kill humans on sight." She murmured and Cora got into the car.

"I call shotgun!" Tye called out as he dove into the shotgun seat of Derek's borrowed car, which was Casey's SUV and she was shaking her head quickly as Peter was resigned to sitting in the backseat with Cora.

"You sure that you want us taking your car?" Derek asked and she was shrugging.

"I get the Camaro. It's a win-win for me, plus, you get more space." Casey pointed out and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why do you look like you're worried?" She asked.

"Something changed here, I mean after the lunar eclipse, can you feel it?" Derek asked and she nodded slightly. "Should I really be leaving right now?" He asked.

"Oh my god Derek, stop it." Casey ordered and she poked him. "Stop that bullshit. You want to know what you are going to do, right now?" She asked and Derek raised his eyebrows.

"What am I going to do right now Casey?" Derek asked, playing along and Casey looked at the car.

"You are going to get into the SUV which you are going to return, then you are going to drive your family to the airport. You are going to get Cora back to her pack that she has been in South America again. You are going to find what you are looking for without my help, which is unfortunate, but it's life. Then you are going to come back to Beacon Hills, when you feel ready to. Now, Derek, just get in the damn car and drive." Casey said and Derek nodded a little. "Go!" She said and he nodded.

"We shouldn't be too long." Derek murmured and she nodded, as Derek walked over to the car and he got into the SUV, as they were all driving away from the station.

Casey was shaking her head as they drove out of sight and Casey walked back into the station, as the other deputies were watching her. "Get back to work." She said and they all went back to whatever it is, that they were all doing.

Casey went to her own desk and she silently sat down, as she looked over and jumped at the sight of a envelope that hadn't been there, when she had left to say goodbye to the Hales before and Casey hesitantly picked it up.

She sighed and opened it with the letter opener, as she took out the note and she raised her eyebrows, quickly unfolding it.

"Thought that you might want this back. Derek told me that you nearly had a meltdown, when you thought that you had lost it."

Casey turned over the envelope and the triskele necklace fell out onto the desk and Casey smiled at the sight of it, as the necklace had been fixed and she put it on.

There was something else in the envelope as well, which Casey noticed after.

Casey flipped the envelope over, as a small shape fell out of it as Casey was looking distinctly confused.

Casey picked up the ring carefully between her fingers and it was one of those simple bands, but with small triskelions engraved into it and she took a picture of it and she sent it to Tye.

"Where did this come from?"

"Derek. He found it when he was looking through his and Laura's stuff from New York."

"Whose ring was it?"

"It was Mom's."

Casey looked down at the phone in her hands and then she looked at the ring again.

"Why do I have it?"

"Derek asked me to put it in the envelope. Not sure why, he didn't tell me. But as the oldest living kid of our Mom, he is the owner of it. I would imagine that he probably wanted to give it to you at some point, but lost his nerve, so I put it in the envelope for the sake of his nerves."

"Derek being nervous? That seems to be new for him. Thanks for the info, T."

"Good luck and watch your back, we aren't there to do it for you."

"Love you too, kiddo."

Casey put her phone away and she looked at the ring again, before she slipped it onto the necklace along with the triskelion amulet and she tucked the chain into her uniform.

"Guess I have a new good luck charm." Casey murmured as she got herself another cup of coffee and she got back to her paperwork.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706 28 9
An Argent and a Hale. How rare- Oh wait. Ha-ha ✧❁❁❁✧✿✿✿✧❁❁❁✧ 22-year-old Olivia Argent left for university right as she turned 18. She kn...
5K 239 16
"My friends..." Calavera shook her head, sounding almost annoyed. "I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is...
6.9K 109 31
This is once again another Teen Wolf fanfiction. ----- Everything was over....right? Wrong. There has been a disease outbreak in Beacon Hills. It's a...