BETROTHED TO THE BILLIONAIRE

By Eaglewoman20

When Valerie Adams gets to know that she is betrothed to the youngest billionaire in New York, just to save h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101

CHAPTER 73

14.6K 494 29
By Eaglewoman20

Valerie's POV 

I flutter my eyes open and shut them back almost immediately. My head throbs and my eyes are weak.

I try to lift my legs and I do so without any hassle. I try to lift my hands too and I did too.

When I drop them back on the bed, I become weaker.

Where the hell am I? 

I open my eyes again to see nothing but white ceilings with huge hanging white fans. 

Why is everything full of white? Where am I? Who am I?

I take a couple of deep breaths, then I feel a comforting touch on my hand. Before I can turn to stare at who the person is, a shout of triumph fills the air.

"Valerie!" I hear them shout till I can see their faces. I recognize two of them but one of the faces seems unfamiliar.

"My baby, please say something!" my mother gushes at me. Even if I do not recognize her, her actions alone are enough to give it away that this is my mother.

What happened to me?

She takes the hand touching me away and grabs me roughly, making me wince in pain. This is when I notice a cap on my head.

What the hell is a cap doing on my head here? I barely wear caps because I hate them. Anytime I want to take a shower and I decide to wear a shower cap, I always find myself tearing it off immediately because of the itching effect caps have on me.

Why am I wearing a cap?

Unconsciously, ignoring the two men staring at me with concern and my mother throwing a tantrum, I try to take the cap off but it won't budge.

Gritting my teeth together in complete irritation, I pull at it again until Mother screams and grabs my hand away.

"Take the cap off", I growl and frown deeply. It is itchy. I want it off. She knows so well that I hate caps, why is she allowing them to put one on me?

"It's not a cap, Valerie", she answers with tears rolling down her eyes. "It's a bandage."

Bandage? Am I in a hospital? What happened to me?

Before I can try to remember what the hell happened that led to this, my dad appears with a sad smile on his face.

"My child", he takes a hold of my hand. It feels soft but not as comforting as the first touch. It wasn't my mother's touch either, which means the other man was the one holding my hand.

He was the one who gave that comforting touch.

I glance around to see him standing beside Mother. When they notice I am watching him, he comes closer and smiles lightly.

He was looking unfamiliar earlier but now I find his smile familiar. 

"How are you feeling now, Val?" he asks me in a deep husky voice that is evident of sorrow or sadness for years.

Did he cry? Who is he?

Wait, is this Fred? I know Fred and I broke up because Brenda slept with him. Why then did my mother allow him in when she knows clearly enough that I hate him with everything in me?

When I stare back at him, it turns blank and I ask slowly. "Who are you?"

Confusion fills his expression and suddenly, it is replaced with panic. Dad and Mom also gape in alarm and before I know it, they begin to shout out for the doctor.

I am also confused too. Obviously, this person is someone I ought to remember but I don't know why I can't remember him. I can't even remember what happened to me.

The doctor enters in a rush with a petite nurse behind him. He urges them out and begins to attend to me.

I pay less attention to him because I want to figure out who that man is and how I got here. He places his hand on my head and I wince. He places an instrument on my chest and my head but I have no idea what he is doing until he moves away so we can face each other squarely.

He flashes me a bright smile. "How do you feel, Valerie?"

I try to nod but the aches in my head won't allow me so I force myself to speak. "I'm fine."

I can barely recognize my voice too. Is this how my voice has always been or has it changed?

"What is this, Valerie?" I hold up a pen as he asks with a smile still etched on his face, probably to make me feel comfortable and not insulted by his question.

Well, it sounds ridiculous because I am not a baby and I know what a pen is but I will answer him because I am in the hospital and I hope it will help me figure out who that young man is.

"It's a pen", I answer as I feel another weakness grips me.

He nods in satisfaction and then produces another item. "What is this, Valerie?"

I almost scoff. "It's a phone."

"What about this?" He produces a white item and I squint to know what it really is before answering him.

"A sheet of paper?" it sounds more like a question but he nods again in satisfaction which makes me heave a deep sigh of relief.

"What is your name, then?" he demands with a cheeky smile and with folded arms. 

I can't help but snort now. Even if I don't remember my name, the way he called me a while ago and the way my mother kept calling my name is enough to give me an idea of what name I bear.

With confidence, I answer. "I am Valerie Adams."

I am fine. Nothing is wrong with me.

He nods and gives me a thumbs up before he begins to instruct the nurse on what to do then carries out a few more examinations before heading out.

Mom, Dad, and the young man comes in again. They look calmer than when they exited the room and I wonder what the doctor told them.

The young man moves closer to me as our eyes meet. He does not tear his gaze away and I don't do the same.

He has a lovely mustache with a straight jawline. His pointed nose and red lips give me an idea of who he might be.

He is definitely my type. Maybe we dated after Fred left.

No, that is not it, my subconscious opposes it.

I squint and watch him more carefully, then he touches me again and I feel the comfort that comes with his touch again.

"Valerie", he squats down to my height as he rasps out almost breathlessly. When I am not responding, he rises and hugs me on the bed. My head is directly on his chest and I hear his heartbeat.

Unusual. 

His heart is beating very fast. 

He strokes my face carefully, and then it hits me.

Ryan.

I nudge him so he can pull away. I stare at his face once more and I am sure he is the one.

Without hesitation, I question him. "Are you Ryan?"

Relief washes through him as I see him slide away a lone tear. Mom and Dad also heave a deep sigh of relief. 

He nods intermittently and holds my hand again. It feels so warm and so assuring and it sends a tingle down my spine.

Then I ask the very next question that comes into my head. "Do you know that Mr. Lorenzo is not your biological father?"

What?!" he exclaims sharply in disbelief. 

Silence falls. 

A pin drop can be heard. But then it isn't a pin drop that I hear. 

It was the chirping sound of a bird. 

Then a phone crashes to the floor. And Ryan takes his hand off me as a horrified look replaces his expression.

****

What?!

What the hell is happening? Did Valerie see the assaulter's face? How did she end up in a hospital?

Who could be behind this? Is she talking about Ryan's paternity now because it is related to how she ended up in the hospital or because it just came to her head?

Do you think Valerie is unstable?

Air your views and don't forget to vote😍❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.6K 23
"I'll marry you, but I have some conditions" I said. "And those are?" "I want you to be tested for STD's." I answered. "Are you mad?" I could tell...
1.1M 37K 44
"Some promises are hard to break, Some feelings are hard to deny, Some people are hard to forget, Some relations are hard to accept" Ashton Dav...
12.4K 504 37
Valeries life makes a turn for the worse when her family company is on the verge of bankruptcy. The only way to protect herself and her family is to...
432K 17.3K 29
What happens when you are betrothed to the person you hate? With no way of escaping it, when both families want it to happen. Is it love at first sit...