(Ninjago) The Broken Ones

By TheRealWindElemental

As a new evil arises, so does a new elemental. She's laid low all these years, even though she's known about... More

Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: A Lot Like Me
Chapter Three: Going, Going, Gone
Chapter Four: The Future is Now
Chapter 5: Don't I know you?
Chapter Six: Fire and Ice
Chapter Eight: And Here's Where It All Changes
Chapter Nine: There's No "I" In Team
Chapter Ten: The Truth Releaved
Chapter 11: Well Now You Know
Chapter 12: Resolution
Chapter 13: The Kusarigama
Chapter Fourteen: If Only I Knew
Chapter 15: Revealing the Unseen
Chapter Sixteen: Divide by Zero
Chapter Seventeen: A Night To Remember
Chapter Eighteen: In Too Deep
Chapter Nineteen: Just Between You and Me... And Cake
Chapter Twenty: It's All In The Mind and Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: The Dark Half
Chapter Twenty Two: Pieces of the Past
Chapter Twenty Three: Fix You
Chapter Twenty Four: The Smoke In Our Eyes
Chapter Twenty Five: I Forgot To Breathe
Chapter Twenty Six: Burning Colors
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Chapter Twenty Eight: Nothing Town
PLEASE STOP
RP request

Chapter Seven: Giving It All I've Got

3.2K 92 39
By TheRealWindElemental

A.N- You know what... I feel like an idjit. I totally forgot about the thing with Garmadon and all of that, I just realized that I wrote him into the story. Yep, I'm an idjit! I'm just going to edit chapter Five so that he's in it. Still an idjit! >-<

When he went to strike me with his scythe, the blade of one of my kusarigama blocked the attack. With the blades still touching, I swung the free blade I had at him, but he brought his scythe handle down and blocked my attack. Damn, he's pretty good with a scythe, I have to admit. "You are pretty good with a scythe," I told him and tried to hit him with the other blade again.

And like before, he blocked it with the scythe blade "You're pretty good with those Kusarigama yourself," I know, I can't help but be. It's another one of those things that I trained with my dad for, he was an expert in them as well. He stepped back a few feet, leaving me with the opportunity to make a move against him. I swung the Kusarigama back, keeping a tight grip on the chain,
and whipped it forward.

The Chain wrapped around his scythe's handle, so I pulled it away from him and out of his grasp. I grabbed it and held it in my hand "looks like you don't have a weapon," I grinned. That didn't mean he couldn't fight, I still needed to keep my guard up.

We shared a small glare, and then he created a sand cloud around us. "Not for long!" Damn it, I thought we weren't using our powers in this fight! Now when I think about it, no one ever said we couldn't. I looked around, trying to see him if I could. Nope, the sand was practically blinding me at the moment. I felt the scythe being ripped from my hands, and I punched a little bit of wind in their direction.

Some of the sand started to clear and I got an idea "Aha," even bigger than the last one, I created a huge gust of wind that cleared away every last bit of sand in the air. I saw him running at me again, trying to jump at be, but I ducked. I turned to him rolling on the ground and stand up. Again, we faced each other. "You might as well surrender now, before I go all out."

"In your dreams," he claimed, and swung his scythe at me. Somehow, the chain of my Kusarigama managed to to tangle around the shiny blade of the Scythe. I tried to pull it away, but the chain wouldn't budge. He pulled his scythe back and pulled my weapon along with it. Great, just my luck!

I jumped back away from him, now weaponless "Damn it," I whispered under my breath. I got a quick glance at the others, who all seemed immensely anxious to see who's win, basically at the ends of their seats. I was going to try to be the victor here, but at this rate, I couldn't ensure that. "Come on Cass, you've got this" I thought to myself. I've been in situations similar to this before, many times. I've fought guys with weapons when I've been weaponless, only to be aided by my elemental powers and good old fashion hand-to-hand combat. "You're not going to lose," I thought to myself again "There's not chance in hell you will."

I looked back over at Cole and his Scythe, just waiting for him to try to strike me with its blade. He finally did so, and swung at me with great force. I jumped away and held out my hands to stop myself. I turned around, and without thinking, I punched wind in the direction where he should have been. For some reason, that I couldn't exactly figure out, he wasn't there. Where'd he go in the short amount of time I hadn't kept my eyes on him? From behind me, I felt a change in the air, it was getting a little tense. I turned around and saw what I knew what I would, it was Cole with his Scythe pointed at me. "Ready to give up yet, Wind Girl?"

I shook my head. "Never," I tried grabbing the Scythe's handle to pull it away from him, but I grabbed the blade instead. A slight pain shot through my hand as the blade sliced through my palm. "Damn it," I pulled my hand back and held my wrist. It wasn't that bad, it wasn't anything compared to some things I've experienced in the past.

Cole looked down at the wound and put his scythe down "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that," He insisted.

I stood up, saying "It's fine," It really was, I didn't see why he was apologizing for. It wasn't his fault, and it wasn't anything to worry about. It's just a small cut, no biggie. I examined the cut for a second, which wasn't bleeding that much. I looked back up at him "Going to take it you want to stop the fight, now?" I could keep going if he wanted to, because I've continued to fight in the middle of battle and things worse than this. It was going to be his choice, since he was the one that technically challenged me in the first place.

"Sure, I guess," Okay, so he did want to stop. That was his choice and I was going to respect it.

"You win," I told him. It was a pretty fair fight, and he deserved to win. The way I saw it, he put up a better fight than me, and I was willing to admit defeat. He showed honor in the fight, and honor deserved to win, so he did. With the cutlass hand, I pointed at him "Don't say that it was a tie, because it wasn't You one fair and square," I still thought that he did.

"Okay, okay, If you insist. I wasn't going to say anything at first, but if you say so, I'm the winner," It was good that he didn't try to argue with me, either saying No, it was a tie or I say you win. I highly doubt that he'd say the second one, because he obviously won this round. Next time, it was going to be different for sure.

"Nice fight guys," I heard Nya say with a roll of bandages in hand. "It was a close one, I'll give you that," Yeah, we all have to admit, it was a close one like she had said.

She handed me the roll "Thanks," I flashed a smile. It was nice of her to give me some, but I didn't think I'd need them. She offered them to me, trying to be nice, so I wouldn't turn down the offer. I unraveled a good foot of the bandages and started to wrap it around the wound. It was actually a good thing that I decided to accept the offered bandages, because it would prevent infection spreading through the wound, and that's something I didn't want to deal with. No one wanted to deal with infection for that matter. If it got bad enough, like with any other infection, the hand would end up getting amputated and that's something else that no one else wanted to deal with.

"No problem."

"We've seen how you fight, and I have to say, it was pretty good," we heard Lloyd say as he walked to us. "And I don't think that you need to fight me, we've seen enough."

Damn it, I was looking forward to fighting him. I knew about him, and about how powerful he was. For sure, he would put up a great fight, and I could never turn down one of those. I sighed, but agreed "Okay, if you say so," when there was enough bandage around my hand, I ripped the end with my teeth and threw the roll back to Nya. "Too bad, though. I would have liked to fight you and see exactly how strong you are."

He laughed, and said "Some other time."

Like Lloyd had, Wu walked up to us, and scratched his long white beard "It was a good fight. You fight like your mother, focusing more on elemental powers, rather than actual hand to hand," That sounded like how my mother fought, but with me, that wasn't 100 percent true.

I scratched the back of my neck, telling him "Um, actually, that's not the way I fight all the time. I mean, that's my style, I just didn't use as much hand-to-hand as I normally use," now that I thought about it, they didn't see much of my hand to hand, but more of my elemental powers. "You know what, when I fight Lloyd, whenever that is, no powers, just combat.

"I'd like to see that," Kai pitched in "I want to see how Lloyd deals with her with just using combat."

"Same!" Jay agreed. Three people, those two and myself, agree to wanting to see that fight, so I was going to make sure that it happened. I was going to fight him, and it was going to happen without any powers. I knew that he'd still be good at it, because you had to balance your combat skills with the strength of your elemental powers. The way that I see it, as you grow in combat skills, your powers grow as well. If you don't improve how well you can fight hand-to-hand, you can't improve your elemental powers.

"Okay, okay," Lloyd put his hands up in defense "I'll do it," now, he turned to me "We can do it some other time, though."

"That's fine," I nodded. As long as he didn't back out, I didn't care when it would happen. All that mattered is that we got to fight, and I could see how powerful he really was. I wanted to see his powers for myself, because people are always saying how great they are, and I need to see it to believe it (Yeah, I'm one of those people).

Wu coughed to get our attention, and we all looked in his direction. "Now that we've seen what you can do, I'd like to see what you can do, Cass," He told us. That was what I was waiting for. I knew that he'd end up wanting to talk to me. After all, he did know my mom, and I was the second generation Elemental Master of Wind. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this talk, but I knew that it would be interesting. Maybe I could ask him a few things about my mom, even about how she met my dad? He knew about that stuff, right? My dad never told me about that stuff, for some reason I still can't figure out. He only told me we met when she was in Jamanakai village on day. What was that day like? What made them want to know each other? That was something that I was yet to find out.

"Okay," I spoke up. Now, he was guiding me to another room, away from the others, to talk to me. All that was left to find out, was about what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 401 42
When suddenly everything is falling apart by a certain Ninjago princess. (Y / N) and her best friend decide to find their master. Unfortunately, fate...
73.7K 2.4K 20
Sensei Wu is on the look out for a new ninja. In fact he knows who the ninja is to be, but she needs to be found. He sends out the ninja to find (y/n...
10.3K 536 51
***UNDER EDITING*** ***COMPLETED*** Peace has been stored for 12 months now... The Ninjas were relieved after what happened with the fight they had w...
9.2K 860 60
Ninjago fanfic.I do not own lego ninjago just the plot i made up. The ninja sit peacefully in the room.It has been a while since they had gotten back...