It Gets Better

By IAmLacy86

Jamie Campbell Bower x Reader where the reader is Joseph Quinn's sister. The story is that Jamie, Joseph, and... More

First Day of Filming
The Incident
Bruises Don't Lie
Reliving That Night
Becoming More Than Just Friends
Unexpected
How to Save A Life
Leaving For Vacation
Beach Vibes
A Perfect Distraction
A Beautiful Morning
A Big Step
When Two Become One
Not Planned
You're Going To Be An Uncle
Rockstar or Princess?
Bump In The Road

Fugitive On The Loose

167 4 2
By IAmLacy86

You were sitting on the side of the hospital bed with your feet dangling over the side. You were all changed and ready to leave. Jamie and Joseph felt that it would be best for you to stay with one of them since you were still struggling to really do anything and the police still hadn't found Brad. You had changed into one of Jamie's shirts and a pair of loose bottoms that he had brought in to you the previous day. You heard a light knock at the room door and you looked up to seeing Jamie slowly coming into the room.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," he apologized as he walked over towards you.

"It's okay," you replied and he gave you a kiss. "I'm still waiting on my discharge paperwork."

"Joseph is getting some of your things together and dropping them off at my place so that you have clothes and your stuff there," he said and you nodded your head. "You ready to get out of here?"

"Yeah," you replied in an unsure voice as you nodded your head and looked down.

"You don't sound too sure," he said as he reached for your hand and took it in his.

"They haven't found Brad yet. What if he comes looking for me?" you asked as you looked down at the floor.

"Hey," he said as he brought his free hand to the bottom of your chin and slowly tilted your head up until you locked eyes with him. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promise you that," he said as he looked into your eyes.

He leaned down and gave you another kiss just as the doctor had entered the room with your discharge papers.

"Good morning, Y/N...Jamie," the doctor said as she acknowledged us both. "I have your discharge paperwork here. I just want to go over some things before you leave the hospital. Make sure that you don't do any heavy lifting or anything like that until you are completely healed. Keep the stitch area clean. If you do happen to start to bleed, if the stitch were happen to come out, please come back here so that we can get you stitched back up," she explained and you nodded your head.

She continued to explain everything that you needed to know before you signed the paper and you were on your way out with Jamie. As you walked out of the hospital, you felt unsure about your surroundings. There were a few paparazzi waiting outside as they started to take pictures and shout questions at the both of you. Jamie helped you over to his truck that was sitting in a close parking spot as he made sure that they kept their distance. He opened the door for you and you carefully sat down on the seat. You winced as you felt pain on your side.

"Take your time," you heard Jamie say as you sat there for a few seconds.

"Alright, give them some room," the security guard said as he backed them away.

You slowly swung your feet into the vehicle and winced again. Once you were in and ready to go, Jamie closed the door and walked around to his side of the truck. He got into his side and closed the door as the security guard continued to try and hold off the paparazzi. 

"They weren't here when I first got here," Jamie said as he backed out of the parking spot.

"Have they been here the whole time?" you asked as you looked out the window.

"There were a few when you first came in, but there are more there right now," he said as he headed out of the parking lot.

As he pulled out onto the street, you looked out the window. You were nervous to be out of the hospital, now that you weren't completely protected. Every car that you passed by, you felt like you needed to look to make sure that it wasn't Brad. You were brought out of your thoughts when you felt Jamie take your hand in his. You looked over at him and he gave you a small smile. The light turned green and he started to drive again.

You arrived at Jamie's place and he parked his truck in his spot. He came around and opened up your door. You swung you feet outside and took a hold of his hands and arm as you slowly stood up. You winced as you felt the pain in your side.

"I got you, love," he said and you nodded your head.

He helped you walk from his truck until you were inside of his place. The moment you stepped into his house, you felt a little better.

"Joseph, we're here," Jamie said as he closed the door behind him.

You looked up and saw Joseph walking to where you were.

"Hey, sis," he said as he gave you a hug.

"Hey...easy," you said as you winced a little.

"Sorry," he apologized as he pulled back from you. "Let's get you somewhere comfortable," he said as he helped you make your way through the house.

He helped you into the living room and over towards the couch. You slowly sat down on the couch as he helped you.

"Do you need anything? Anything to drink or eat?" he asked as you made yourself comfortable.

"No, I'm okay," you said as you shook your head and tried to relax.

"We brought a lot of your stuff here after we left the hospital last night. There are just some random things that I left at your place that you won't really need, but your clothes and toiletries are here, electronic stuff," he explained as Jamie grabbed the remote and set it down on the couch beside you. "Just please make sure that you take it easy," he said as he looked down at you and you nodded your head.

"Did they find him?" you asked as you were more worried about that.

You saw his smile fade and he shook his head no. You looked away from him and he kneeled down in front of you as he placed his hand on your one knee.

"Try not to worry. They will find him. We will not let him hurt you again," he said as you looked at him and nodded your head.

The evening came and you were snuggled up against Jamie in his arms with a blanket as you watched a movie together. You weren't really paying attention to the movie. You kept thinking about everything that had gone on. You were brought of your thoughts when Jamie's phone started to go off.

"I'm sorry," he said as he picked up his phone and saw that it was a telemarketer. "False alarm," he said as he set his phone back down on the couch and resumed the position that he was in. "Do you need anything, love?" he asked as he lightly rubbed your arm.

"No, I'm okay," you answered.

You tilted your head up to look at him and he looked down at you. He pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead before you both snuggled up to each other more. You were so grateful to have him in your life. He was keeping you in the right mindset.

The next morning came and you awoke to find out that Jamie was already up out of bed. You slowly got up from the bed and made your way to the bathroom. As you finished brushing your teeth, you could hear Jamie's phone going off. You came out of the bathroom as he answered the phone.

"Hello," he said as he held the phone to his ear and saw you coming towards him. "Yeah, hold on," he said and then put his phone on speaker. "Okay, you're on speaker," he said as he held the phone between us.

"Y/N...they got him. They found Brad," Joseph eagerly said.

"What?" you asked as you wanted to make sure you heard him right.

"They found Brad. He was staying at a motel 30 miles out of the city," he said and you brought your hands up to your mouth. "The lady at the front desk saw the BOLO on the news and ended up calling the police the moment she realized it was him," he explained as Jamie lightly rubbed your back. "They are taking him to jail and getting him booked."

"Oh my god. I feel so relieved," you said as Jamie placed a kiss on the top of your head. 

"I just wanted to call and let you guys know what was going on. How did you sleep last night? Is Jamie taking care of you?" he asked and you looked up at Jamie.

"Of course he is," you said as you both smiled at each other.

"Well, I'll probably stop by sometime later today, if that's alright. Maybe we can order some takeout to celebrate," he suggested.

"Yeah, we can do that. Thank you for letting us know."

Once you both ended the call, you hugged Jamie and he gently hugged you back.

"I'm so relieved," you said as you both hugged each other.

"Me too, love," he said and placed a kiss on the top of your head.

You tilted your head up to look at Jamie and he looked down at you. You arms were still wrapped around each other.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

"I just wanted to thank you for being there for me, through everything," you started to say.

"You don't have to thank me..."

"No," you said as you interrupted him. "I do," you added as you nodded your head. "You have been there for me so much, you've taken care of me, cheered me up. I know that I have Joseph, but I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life," you said as tears came to your eyes and he smiled at you.

"I'm glad that I can be here for you, Y/N," he said and you both smiled at each other before he brought lips down to yours and gave you a few kisses.

Your life was slowly starting to come back to normal and you were glad to have Jamie in your life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 574 17
A collection of Bowers Gang x reader stories. Most of them are platonic with the reader being Henry's sister.
65.1K 958 30
Basically a lot of smut because Jamie Campbell Bower is hot as f*ck. Peter Ballard x reader (fem) Rankings: #1 in Jamie Bower #1 in Peter Ballard #2...
112K 1.9K 15
Y/n was a typical introverted, shy guy. Still, when he finds out that he and his sister are both mutants, they are sent to the Charles Xavier school...
725K 21.2K 27
Mark's younger sister moves in with him and starts a new chapter of her life filled with excitement, romance, and adventure. This description is real...