Legacy | Genshin I. |

By Raiphoria

"I'm scared of what I can't control. Wondering if I'll be more than a memory. If I go down in flames and I fa... More

One Last Memory
Worry
The Winery and Grapes
Sneaking Out
A New Friend!
Promises
A Slimy Friend
Irritation and Patience
Learning How to Use a Weapon
Onto the Neighbouring Nation
Unforeseen Regret
Memories of the Dead
Wangshu Inn
Chapter I: Act III
Chapter I: Act IV
Chapter I: Act V
Chapter I: Act VI
Chapter I: Act VII
Chapter I: Act VIII
Chapter I: Act IX
Chapter II: Act I
Chapter II: Act II
Chapter II: Act III
Chapter II: Act IV
Chapter II: Act V
Chapter II: Act VI
Chapter II: Act VII
Chapter II: Act VIII
Chapter III: Act I
Chapter III: Act II
Chapter III: Act III
Chapter IV: Act IV
Chapter V: Act I
Chapter V: Act II
Chapter V: Act III
Chapter V: Act IV
Chapter V: Act V
Chapter V: Act VI
Chapter V: Act VII
Chapter V: Act VIII
Chapter V: Act IX
Chapter V: Act X
Chapter V: Act XI
Chapter VI: Act I
Chapter VI: Act II
Chapter VI: Act III
Chapter VI: Act IV
Chapter VI: Act V
Chapter VI: Act VI
Chapter VI: Act VII
Chapter VI: Act VIII
Chapter VI: Act IX
Chapter VI: Act X
Chapter VI: Act XI
Chapter VI: Act XII
Chapter VI: XIII
Chapter VI: Act XIV
Chapter VI: Act XV
Chapter VI: Act XVI
Chapter VI: XVII
Chapter VI: Act XVIII
Chapter VI: Act XIX
Chapter VI: Act XX
Chapter VI: Act XXI
Chapter VI: Act XXII
Chapter VI: Act XXIII
Chapter VI: Act XXIV
Chapter VI: Act XXV
Chapter VI: Act XXVI
Chapter VI: Act XXVII
Chapter VI: Act XXVIII
Chapter VI: Act XXIX
Chapter VII: Act I
Chapter VII: Act II
Chapter VII: Act III
Chapter VII: Act IV
Chapter VII: Act V
Chapter VII: Act VI
Chapter VII: Act VII
Chapter VII: Act VIII
Chapter VII: Act IX
Chapter VII: Act X
Chapter VII: Act XI
Chapter VII: Act XII
Chapter VII: Act XIII
Chapter VII: Act XIV
Chapter VII: XV
Chapter VII: Act XVI
Chapter VII: Act XVII
Chapter VII: Act XIX
Chapter VII: Act XX
Chapter VII: Act XXI
Chapter VII: Act XXII
Chapter VII: Act XXIII
Chapter VII: Act XXIV
Chapter VII: Act XXV
Chapter VII: Act XXVI
Chapter VII: Act XXVII
Chapter VII: Act XXVIII
Chapter VIII: Act I
Chapter VIII: Act II
Chapter VIII: Act III
Chapter VIII: Act IV
Chapter VIII: Act V
Chapter VIII: Act VI
Chapter VIII: Act VII
Chapter VIII: Act VIII
Chapter VIII: Act IX
Chapter VIII: Act X
Chapter VIII: Act XI
Chapter VIII: Act XII
Chapter VIII: Act XIII
Chapter VIII: Act XIV
Chapter VIII: Act XV
Chapter VIII: Act XVI
Chapter VIII: Act XVII
Chapter VIII: Act XVIII
Retrieval of the Divine Knowledge Capsule
Author's Note
Chapter III: Act IV
Chapter III: Act V
Chapter III: Act VI
Chapter IV: Act I
Chapter IV: Act II
Chapter IV: Act III

Chapter VII: Act XVIII

2.5K 150 46
By Raiphoria

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
The Servant's Path
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"We're gonna do it here? And what's this mechanism for?" Paimon asked, glancing at the object that sat in a field surrounded by flowers.

Yae Miko nodded her head. "Think of it as a catalyst that can reproduce the Raiden Shogun's moves. I made it from my own memory, which means it should be perfectly accurate – unless of course, her skills have declined. It'll give you a chance to figure out her moves in advance and come up with a counterstrategy. That should be a big help, don't you think?" She replied.

Her violet eyes swept by the group in front of her. "The aim is to try not to get hit by the attacks. Since you've escaped certain death at her hand once already, I presume this shouldn't be more than you can handle?" Yae Miko explained.

Aether took a deep breath, and walked over to the mechanism, starting it up.

(F/n) blinked as the mechanism started up first with electric shockwaves that reached a specific perimeter – which wasn't huge at all.

Yawning, the feline threw themselves into the tall (H/c)ette, forcing both of them to hit the grass underneath their feet.

Yae Miko glanced at the duo that had fallen to the grass beside her feet and softened her gaze upon them.

'Which reincarnation number is this again for them? I feel bad though, because of his heritage and the curse, one loses their memory and the other doesn't but follows them.' Yae Miko thought with a sigh leaving her lips.

(Y/n) mentally deadpanned at the feline that laid on top of him, but didn't say anything since he could tell how tired the ombre bluenette was after them crying out their feelings just an hour prior.

(F/n) lightly clutched against (Y/n)'s shirt as their tail is gently wrapped around the said (H/c)ette's leg protectively.

Their ears lowered as the young feline purred softly against the warmth of the slightly older figure.

Yae Miko lifted her attention and took notice of how Aether was able to win the first challenge.

"Phew, what a workout..." Paimon sighed.

"It was a little challenging," Aether agreed.

Paimon then turned towards Yae Miko. "So how come you know so much about the Raiden Shogun?" She asked.

Yae Miko hummed as she placed a finger on her bottom lip. "Perhaps it's because... I'm the Electro Archon's servant," she simply answered.

Paimon's eyes widened in surprise.

"What!? Like Dvalin is to Barbatos? Never would have guessed by looking at you..." Paimon exclaimed in surprise.

Yae Miko chuckled. "Hehe, it sounds like you'd be more persuaded if you saw me in my fox form?" She asked in amusement.

Aether nodded his head. "I'd like to see that..." He answered.

Yae Miko shook her head. "In your dreams. More curious than my appearance is the fact that she and I don't see each other anymore, wouldn't you say? "A nation to last for all eternity" is a dream that she and I both shared. But I don't think that's the same thing as complete stasis. At some point, she started going down a path that became increasingly difficult for me to join her on. You know, Ei never said goodbye to me before she stepped into the Plane of Euthymia. Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking, but I think she did this deliberately, as her way of keeping our friendship eternal. By neither saying goodbye nor seeing me again, our relationship will remain forever how it was... in her mind, at least," she sighed.

"The Raiden Shogun is the wishful thinker here," Aether piped up.

(F/n) closed their eyes as they listened to the calming heartbeat of (Y/n), and the soothing reflection in Aether's voice.

"Since we've embarked on two very different paths to eternity. I can neither continue to maintain the status quo nor do whatever it takes to bring her back on track, regardless of the cost... I have chosen the latter because... if stubbornly isolating herself in the Plane of Euthymia is her idea of eternity... Then my duty as her eternal servant is to drag her back out of her own head and into the real world," Yae Miko explained.

Paimon's eyes softened. "Aw, Miko... you sound like a really great friend," she replied.

Yae Miko chuckled. "Heh, I'm only telling you this so you can properly understand my plan. Could you possibly spare the sentimentality for the time being? Anyway, that's enough chit-chat. Time for Anti-Raiden Shogun Training Phase 2," she retorted.

"There's a part 2!?" Paimon gasped out in horror.

Aether glanced over at the relaxed duo of (F/n) and (Y/n), softly smiling at them before turning away and starting up the mechanism for the second phase.

The second Aether turned on the second phase, slimes were the first monsters to spawn.

(Y/n) sat up, allowing (F/n) to sit on his lap.

"It's like you're trying to kill them," (Y/n) states with a deadpanned expression.

Yae Miko gave an amused smile. "Of course, I'm not," she replied.

"Sure..." The (H/c)ette retorted with a shake of his head.

(E/c) hues watched the second phase go down smoothly as their owner ran a hand through (F/n)'s ombre bluenette locks.

Yae Miko glanced at the male beside her. "Did you know, no matter how far you leave a faithful companion behind... they're always just a few steps behind in causing a reunion?" She questioned, hinting toward something.

(Y/n) blinked as he took in the words. "Like how cats and dogs will walk hundreds to thousands of miles to just see their trustful owner?" He wondered.

Yae Miko nodded her head, before looking back at the second phase that had just finished.

The final shielded mitachurl fell to its knees and evaporated.

Aether and Paimon went over to the trio.

"Phew... we're finally done. How did we do?" Paimon asked.

"You did quite admirably. I could see your determination and your hard work," Yae Miko answered.

"So do you think we're ready to beat the Raiden Shogun now?" Paimon asked with a hopeful look.

(F/n) opened their eyes a little, side glancing at the blonde and floating child.

"How do I put this... you're no match for her at all," Yae Miko bluntly replied.

Paimon stomped her foot in disbelief and crossed her arms over her chest with an angry look. "Wait, what!? So all of this was a complete waste of time!?" She shouted.

"Hehe. You are the most important part of the plan. I know what I'm doing you don't think I'd leave you with no chance to win at all, do you?" Yae Miko questioned.

Yae Miko's violet hues then landed on Aether's figure. "Speaking of... Traveler, what do you think of the resistance army's chances?"

"To be honest..." Aether trailed off with furrowed brows.

Yae Miko chuckled softly. "Hah, you're absolutely right. Perhaps they occasionally beat the Shogun's Army in open battle, but when they fight the Raiden Shogun herself... Consider even their Visions have been taken from them and embedded in the Statue, they are ultimately quite helpless," she retorted in a blunt tone.

"You don't have to be so blunt. The Traveler's the captain of Swordfish II, y'know!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Hehe. I don't mean to belittle them. On the contrary... It is precisely because of their helplessness because their Visions have been taken from them, that their will is all the more precious. In short, if everything goes according to plan, they may yet prove to be helpful," Yae Miko reassured.

"So... what is the plan?" Aether asked.

"Rebelling– Mmph," (F/n) began but had something stuffed into their mouth.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the pink-haired female beside him, watching as (F/n) nommed into a mochi that they were given.

"Oh... goodness. Is that the time? I have another guest to receive today. We can talk more back at the Grand Narukami Shrine," Yae Miko states, acting as if she hadn't just shut up (F/n) with a piece of mochi.

"All of a sudden you're entertaining guests!? Paimon's really struggling to understand how you work..." Paimon sighed.

✧˖*°࿐

Yae Miko glanced at the group before her once they entered the shrine.

"Okay, we can talk here. You asked me about the plan – in fact, I've been mulling it over for quite a long time. Before one makes a plan, what is the most important thing one must do?" Yae Miko asked.

Paimon shrugged. "Don't know, what is it?" She questioned.

"The Vision Hunt Decree was obviously devised as a means of manipulating the Shogun, the ones behind it knowing full well her susceptibility as a puppet with a single-minded focus on eternity," Yae Miko reminded.

"The Balladeer confirmed this," Aether agreed.

Yae Miko nodded her head. "Yes. This is the strongest piece of evidence we have to go on. Now, we also know that every aspect of the Vision Hunt Decree's promulgation and execution has been enthusiastically spearheaded by the Tenryou Commission from the outset," she piped in.

"Ayaka was saying that every time they submitted a petition against the Vision Hunt Decree, the Tenryou and Kanjou Commissions would veto it straight away with no negotiation," Paimon remembered.

"The Tenryou Commission is working for the Fatui," Aether declared.

(F/n) and (Y/n) gave a muted message to one another before the said feline went back into snacking on the mochi they still had in hand.

Yae Miko nodded her head. "Yes. It's all too clear that both the Tenryou and Kanjou Commissions are in some form of collusion with the Fatui. Hmph, foolish humans, blinded by their greed. Thus, the current situation is that our Fatui antagonist is still at large, has the two rogue Commissions wrapped around their finger, and is distributing Delusions from the shadows. Unfortunately, given that said antagonist is under the protection of two Commissions and the Raiden Shogun, we would be rather hard-pressed to track them down."

Yae Miko then crossed her arms over her chest. "It will be easier for us to start with someone from Inazuma. So my plan is... to incite rebellion in the Tenryou Commission," she states.

"Rebellion? What are you talking about? After everything you just said, it sounds like the Tenryou Commission has rebelled already!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Hehe. When I say rebellion, I don't mean betraying the Shogunate... I mean, inciting a certain someone to betray the Tenryou Commission," Yae Miko chuckled.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 897 16
Scaramouche Art credits: @Yai_Sea _Ball on twitter After being assigned partners for your photography project , you and your assigned partners get to...
693K 30.4K 45
❝ WILL YOU TAKE ME AS YOUR BRIDE? ❞ »----------✄ A year after you heard rumors of something happening to your old childhood friend, someone had att...
32.7K 1.3K 23
"i am not and will never be raiden makoto, i know that." the puppet slowly blinked her shimmer-lacking eyes as she stared at the electro archon who k...
23.5K 1.6K 22
"We've been in love with each other ever since childhood, but if I may ask. May I have your son's hand in marriage?" → Male reader; he/him pronouns →...