Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|XXXVII|

59 3 0
By risingdawn2022

"Emotions (II)"
____________

Casey heard someone coming up behind her and without thinking, she yanked a knife out of the block, she turned around and threw it.

Tye caught the knife and Casey grabbed another one at once, holding the steak knife in her hand and Tye's eyes were dulled with shame and she put the knife down. "You're not going to try to kill me again, are you?" She asked as Tye looked down at the floor and she walked over to him.

"I didn't mean it." Tye whispered as she nodded and hugged him, as Tye put the knife down and she had her chin on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispered as Casey nodded a bit.

"I know, kid." She murmured and he sniffed a bit. "You okay?" Casey asked.

"Yeah, but why do you stink of jealousy?" Tye asked and Casey threw her hands up into the air as he looked at Derek.

"I told you." Derek said.

"I'm not jealous of shit." Casey said with an utterly exasperated tone in her voice and she finished up with her food, which Tye immediately took from her. "Oh, you little piece of shit. I cooked that, hand it over." Casey said and she stared at Tye, who had eaten half of it. "Tye, I swear-" Tye was right away, immediately handing it back to her and Casey went to eat upstairs.

"What's going on with you?" Casey spun around and she threw her plate instinctively, when she jumped at the words, as she turned around to glare at Derek in a fury. "Sorry." Derek said, as he looked at the food that currently covered his jacket and she shook her head at the words.

"I'm fine." Casey said and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Stop staring at me, Derek." She said and she glared at him, before she walked into her room again.

"Not until you tell me, what is going on with you. I thought that maybe my senses were screwing with me, but it is clear enough to Tye. So, just spit it out. What is going on with you?" He asked and she was now changing the bandages around her ribs. "I have all day." Derek said and he sat down on her desk, after quickly taking off his food-stained jacket and putting it in the bin.

"Get your ass off my desk." Casey remarked at once and Derek sat on the desk chair. "Fine, I'm jealous. Of what, I don't know." Casey said and she finished with the bandages and she put the old ones into a plastic bag and she tied it up tightly. "There isn't exactly anything to be jealous of." She said as Derek looked at her, tilting his head to the side and his eyes flashed.

"You're worried about being replaced?" He asked and she looked at him. "Your heartbeat jumped." Derek explained and Casey sighed.

"I am still a terrible liar." Casey replied as she was shaking her head and Derek shook his head. "What do you mean, no?" She asked.

"You're a terrible liar, when you are trying to lie to people that can hear a heartbeat change. But you can lie to other humans, like no other. I have also known you since we were in our teenage years, I know how you think."

"Which would be comforting, if I wasn't so screwed in the head." Casey muttered and he rolled his eyes.

"Look, Casey, if you are just worried about being replaced as an Emissary, don't bother. I'm not replacing you in the role, you're invaluable. You don't need to run, I'm not forcing you out. I tried that, didn't work, I am not doing it again." Derek pointed out as she was nodding a little. "Is that all?" He asked and she shut her eyes. "I don't want to leave you alone, if you still have more to say." Derek said.

"I felt alone for a long, long time Derek, even when most of my family wasn't dead or rotting in a prison for murder and arson." She said and he looked over at her.

"But, I didn't ever feel that way when it was you or Laura, or it was the both of you around, it was like I had another family. A family that wasn't way too prone to just jumping straight to a beating to get a point across about something." She murmured and she looked at him. "I thought and so did Tye, that you and Laura were dead for the longest time and when Laura came to my door... I just wish that you could have seen her laughter, when, I practically tackled her." Casey said as Derek was smiling at the words. "I probably would have tackled you too, if, I didn't have a gun in my hands at the time." She said and he shrugged.

"You had a dull energy. Laura told me... after she had come to see you at my suggestion, that you were already a lot less cold. Laura told me, that it was like half of the weight, half of it all had just- gone." Derek said and she shrugged. "Did you honestly just think that we were both dead?" He asked.

"Yeah." Casey murmured and she sighed. "I had no idea that you two had survived, I thought that whoever had set the fire, along with my father, that they would have killed you guys long, long before you ever could leave Beacon Hills." She murmured and he moved over to sit next to her. "Tye and I, we would just... Just wait by the phone, for the first few months. Tye constantly checked the news, looked your names up on the internet. I mean, we were looking for you two for-for well over a year." Casey said and he looked down.

"Then eventually, you two just stopped looking." Derek murmured and she nodded. "Tye stopped looking on the internet, you stopped waiting by the phone and you just stopped."

"When I saw Laura on my doorstep again, it lit up whatever the hell was remaining of the hunter from before, that broke the rules, both spoken and not, over, over and over again to help you guys. I never thought that I could be that person again, then I saw her standing there and it all came back."

"And now we're here." Derek murmured and Casey nodded at the words.

"And now we're here. But she isn't and, I can't even tell you how badly that hurts because, you are always going to be feeling it worse, than I am." Casey murmured and he was silent. "You know the first thing that I asked her?" Casey asked and he was looking at her.

"What did you ask her?" Derek asked quietly.

"First thing I asked her, was if you were here." Casey murmured and he looked at her. "See if I'm lying." She said and Derek shook his head.

"You're not." Derek said and she nodded. "You were more concerned with me than with Laura?" He asked.

"I didn't share a kid who had never met her parents, with Laura." Casey pointed out and Derek nodded a little and she sighed. "Just one phone call from you, Derek, it was all that we needed." Casey said and he looked over at her.

"We visited you in the hospital after the Fire. You were in a induced coma, we wanted to stay until you woke up."

"Then why didn't you?" Casey asked and she looked at him, as Derek shook his head. "You two ran." She said and he nodded.

"We eventually settled in New York and we tried and failed for the most part, to build a life for ourselves. We couldn't find another pack, so it was just us for a long time." Derek said and he looked down as Casey reached over and she grabbed his hand. "You remember when I asked you, why the hell you weren't scared of me?" He asked and she nodded. "Why were you not scared of me?" Derek asked and she blinked.

"Because I still care. I never cared about the werewolf that reared its' head when the moon rose, I didn't care that my dad would kill me if he found out that you were the actual father. I didn't care about any of that, I just didn't. I just cared about you, no matter the shit that undoubtedly was going to follow you." Casey said as she was shrugging.

"After all these years, you still care about the werewolf that got you a free beating and a kid?" Derek asked and she shrugged. "You are still so weird."

"I love you too." Casey said and he looked at her. "I'm jealous and now you know the reason." She said and he smirked at the words. "Aw, damn it." Casey muttered and Derek smiled at her. "Only a Hale." She said under her breath, but she was just smiling as well, despite her annoyance.

"Only a Hale, meaning what?" Derek questioned and she stared at him and she shook her head.

"You know what I mean. Only a Hale, could get me to admit something like that. Which you should already know." Casey explained as Derek nodded.

"Yup, I did. But, much more importantly, you finally admitted that you were jealous." Derek said as she was now, kicking herself internally for speaking up about it, as he could tell from her heartbeat. "Okay, I'm done." Derek said.

"Are you?" Casey asked with suspicious eyes as Derek got up and she raised her eyebrows at him. "Are you done?" Casey asked as she walked past him to the closet and tossed her dirty, food-stained hoodie, right into the dirty laundry basket.

"Not really." Derek said and when Casey turned around, he was directly in front of her and Casey jumped a bit at him moving fast. "Do you sleep with it on?" Derek asked as she was looking down, soon spotting what had caught his eye.

The triskelion necklace that she still wore and she looked at it. "Only when I'm too tired and then, just forget to take it off." Casey said and when she looked back up, she was surprised by Derek leaning down and there was inches of space between them now as Casey looked up at him. "What?" She asked quietly at the hesitation and he closed the distance between them.

Casey felt his arms around her and she could taste the food that she had accidentally hit him with, as she felt safe. For the first time in a long time, she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 55.8K 137
"Mine," he answered as his forehead touched her's. A serious expression set across his face. "That all depends," she replied. "On what?" "If you keep...
1.1K 43 12
Y/n has been attracted to beacon hills ever since her parents were kidnapped by hunters. She meets people who she has a strong urge to protect. Read...
14.7K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
14.7K 457 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...