The Writer's Assistant (ManxM...

Por letsgohomehidee

The one rule Daniel has for himself? Don't date your boss. And it's the one rule he can't help but break. The... Mais

✏Summary✏
✏Author's Note✏
Chapter 1: Oliver Carl...Son?
Chapter 2: 'Tell that to your ex'
Chapter 3: A Pickle
Chapter 4: A Monstrous Call
Exclusive Chapter: Oliver's POV
Chapter 5: Blue
Chapter 6: A hobbit
Chapter 7: Cats > Humans
Chapter 8: Polka dots
Chapter 9: Drop dead gorgeous
Chapter 10: The Boutique
Chapter 11: Black Suits and Ex's
Chapter 12: Are You Gay?
Chapter 13: Love Me Not
Chapter 14: A Chemical Reaction
Chapter 15: Step on me daddy
Chapter 16: An Urgent Matter
Story Branch: Aaron's side story
Q&A + character interview
Chapter 17: Strangely Perfect
Chapter 18: Drawing the Line
Chapter 19: Daddy material
Chapter 20: Love Sick
Chapter 21: Fantasies
Chapter 22: A Red Flag
Chapter 23: Touch Yourself
Chapter 24: Spread Your Legs
Chapter 26: The Straightest Man Alive
Chapter 27: Ex's and Hoes
Chapter 28: Watashi wa numero dos
Chapter 28: How Many Fingers?
Chapter 29: All the way in...
Chapter 30: Swimming Date
Chapter 31: Waterproof Underwear
Chapter 32: Drowning
Chapter 33: Wet in the Public Showers
Chapter 34: Slow Strokes
Chapter 35: Sinking Deeper
Chapter 36: Gym Buddies
Chapter 37: Public Shower Stalls
Chapter 38: Captain Pussy
Chapter 39: Skinny Dipping
Chapter 40: Lilies and Roses
Chapter 41: Surprises
Chapter 42: Inside-Out
Chapter 43: A Squirter
Chapter 44: Congratulations, it's a girl!
Chapter 45: A Writer
Chapter 46: An Uncertain Future
Chapter 47: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 48: Bloody Mary
Chapter 49: Butt Dialling and Strippers
Chapter 50: The Villain in my Book
Chapter 51: Make-up Sex (SMUT)
Chapter 52: Hollywood's Best Gay Actor
Chapter 53: Oliver x Aaron
Chapter 54: The Last Interview
Chapter 55: Boyfriend and Lover
✨Published✨

Chapter 25: A Quickie

13.6K 808 365
Por letsgohomehidee

A/N: April 2, 2023

Hello everyone! Double update 🤩 (The last chapter is an exclusive chapter)

April is my birthday month, so all my paperbacks will be on sale until the end of the month :) You can find them on Amazon, the link is in my bio.

Do you guys have any plans for the summer?? I'll probably be working all summer 🥲

Question: Do you believe in astrology? What signs do you like and dislike (if you have any)?

✏️✏️✏️

I got a call from Camilia, Oliver's editor. Oliver had sent her some drafts and was writing again, and Camilia was thrilled to finally continue editing the story she said he'd given up on.

But whenever we had a meeting or interview, Oliver ignored his car keys and took public transportation. I was starting to get busy with his emails and phone calls, booking different interviews and meeting to prepare for his release date. Even if it was in a few months, we needed to get the word out as quickly as possible. But due to my busy schedule, I couldn't always accompany him. It was starting to get dangerous for Oliver to leave his house without any protection. People would recognize him in a heartbeat and ask for photos and autographs. There were also many rumors about him and Tina dating.

"He needs to learn how to drive," Camilia stated when I stopped by her office to tell her how Oliver had been doing.

"He knows how to drive but doesn't like it."

"Yes, but his safety is in jeopardy. People might stalk or follow him on the bus, and Oliver isn't a fan of social interaction. What if he panics and throws a donut at someone?"

I opened my mouth to argue, but with Oliver, anything was possible.

"He might come off as rude or arrogant, and his fans will post things online and try to cancel him. Cancel culture is real, babe, and we need to protect Oliver at all costs. We just started getting attention after his burnout, and the world is buzzing about him. We can't lose this golden opportunity. He needs to drive without having a panic attack."

I pursed my lips. "Does he really hate driving because of the car crash?"

"He was in the car when his best friend died. He blames himself."

"The one who went to the military for?"

She nodded solemnly and said, "It wasn't his fault. It was a rainy day, and a truck crashed into them. Only one of them survived, and Oliver carries the guilt when he knows it wasn't his fault. His PTSD has gotten better. He can drive but won't do it unless it's urgent, and he takes special medication."

"What if we hire a chauffeur?" I suggested. I didn't want to force Oliver to drive when it was already hard for him. You couldn't cure trauma in a heartbeat.

"Can we at least try to help him?" She frowned. "I don't mind hiring a chauffeur, but I don't think the chauffeur will be able to handle him."

"What do you mean?

"Oliver has the tendency to do what he wants. If he sees a donut shop, he'll go to one. Even on a tight schedule."

"So?" I asked slowly.

"So, the chauffeur's job is to drive him around, not take care of him. They'll do whatever Oliver says, and he'll be late for his appointments. Oliver will wander around the city, and the next thing you know, he'll end up in Alaska waddling with penguins!"

I forgot Oliver was a big man-child.

"Can't we tell the chauffeur to impose some authority?" I suggested. She shook her head.

"The only person he listens to is you."

My back straightened. "Me?"

"We've hired a couple of assistants before you, but they all quit. They didn't know what to do with Oliver. He was cold, distant, and stubborn. He's like a cat. He chooses who he gets along with. You're the first and only assistant he appreciates. No one has lasted longer than a week with him."

This information surprised me. Sure, Oliver was unique, but he wasn't difficult to work with. You just had to find ways to convince him to cooperate.

"I think what you two share is special," she smiled, and I felt my face turn red. "I hope you stick around. I think he really likes you."

"So what do you suggest we do?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I'll let you decide," she smiled. "You always seem to have a way of getting to Oliver."

Her eyes sparkled when she said those words.

***

"Oliver?"

He didn't look up from his laptop. He had his thinking face. His eyebrows were pulled together, and his lips were a firm line.

"I think you need better security," I continued.

"Is that your way of calling me poor?"

I rolled my eyes, dismissing his deadpan humor.

"I'm not talking about financial security." Either Oliver had no idea how rich he was, or he was too humble for his own good. Camilia mentioned how much Oliver earned through passive income – his best-selling book was still in the top 50 charts. "How about we go for a ride?"

He finally looked up with a smile. "A ride?"

I stiffened and dropped my gaze, pushing away the dirty thoughts.

"In your car," I clarified.

I could hear the drop of disappointment when he said, "Yes, my car, of course." His eyes fell back to his screen. Thinking face. "I'm afraid I'm busy today."

"What about tomorrow?"

"Let me check my agenda."

"You don't have an agenda," I grimaced. He typed something into his keyboard.

"According to my agenda, I'm busy."

"Typing random words into your computer isn't an agenda," I clarified. "Oliver, you can't avoid your problems forever."

"No, but I can try."

"What are you going to do when you can't avoid it any more?"

"Cry, probably."

"Oliver," I groaned. "That is not the mindset you should be promoting!"

"I am an author, not a motivational speaker. You can't career-shame me."

"What do I have to do to get you to drive? I'll do anything."

He raised his brows and looked up at me again.

"Anything?"

"Nothing naughty," I hissed, but his lips quirked. He crossed his arms over his chest, and I couldn't help but notice his muscles.

"Define naughty."

I pursed my lips. Oliver stood up and came closer, resting his hands on my waist and bringing my hip against his. The immediate contact against my lower member sent a jolt up my spine. My lower member twitched in excitement when his warm lips brushed against my ear.

"Naughty as in–" my breath hitched when he kissed my neck.

"As in?" He coaxed.

"Not doing that during working hours," I growled, finding it impossible to resist him.

"And after?"

I pressed my hands against his chest but didn't push him away.

"Oliver, you're–"

"Hard, I know."

Supposed to be working, was what I wanted to say.

"Camilia is organizing a small party tonight to celebrate your successful interview."

"She organized a party for me without even inviting me?" He didn't seem offended. Just confused.

"She knew you'd say no. She wanted to tell you once it was too late for you to decline." I studied Oliver's face. He didn't seem keen on participating in the event. "You'll come, right?" He looked at me, and for some reason, he smiled. I quickly added, "To the party, I mean. You'll come to the party, right?"

I could see the hesitation in his eyes, and I blurted, "I'm going."

He raised his brows and stared at me, and I dropped my gaze.

"And I want you to be there too."

"Then I'll be there."

I looked up again, my heart skipping at his warm, promising tone.

"Schedule it on your agenda and add my name so I don't forget," he said, without forgetting to add, "Please."

"That's what I always do."

I was the planner. He was the do-er.

Oliver smiled. "Which is why we make such a great team."

I rolled my eyes but failed to hide my smile, but my eyes widened when he pressed his lips against mine. In my head, my consciousness was screaming, Pull away, pull away! You shouldn't kiss your boss! But my fingers curled around his collar and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. My consciousness couldn't compete with the rushing blood and tingling sensation that spread throughout my body.

Oliver eased me against the wall, his hips pressed against mine. My hand slipped into his shirt, and I felt his abs tighten under my touch. I opened my mouth and felt his tongue press against mine. I half-moaned at the pleasant feeling, my knees buckling as he kissed me harder. Rougher. I gasped when he pressed his erection against mine, the overly pleasant friction making my eyes roll in their sockets. He felt big.

"Oliver," I moaned, my hands skimming up the back of his shirt, fingernails sinking into his strong, smooth skin. His palms moved closer to my ass, and I wanted to strip our clothes off.

His lips pulled apart from mine, his mouth kissing my jaw as his nose grazed over my neck. His low, husky pants made my toes curl.

"I really want to fuck you," he whispered into my ear. He sounded hungry like I was his next meal.

"Oliver," I gasped when he spun me around, and I felt heat pool between my thighs. "We can't. Not now."

To my dismay, he stopped. I heard him groan from behind, his head falling against the nape of my neck.

"You're right." His voice came out ragged.

"What?" I almost sounded disappointed.

"I have a meeting soon. We don't have time to fuck, and I don't think I'll be satisfied with a quickie."

His gaze locked on mine, a hint of a smile on his face.

"I want to take my time with you."

✏️✏️✏️

Please don't forget to leave a vote!

I think we need a ship name Homies. Doliver?

Also, if you could change your name, what would it be?

I'll see you guys in the next update!!! I also updated a steamy chapter on Patreon (for those who'd like access to exclusive chapters and early updates!) My update schedule is every weekend 🙌

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1M 29.5K 52
JenLisa AU Yes, a mysterious Lalisa Manoban never bows down to anyone not until she met Jennie Kim, a school president that you don't want to mess wi...
12.8K 623 22
All she ever wanted to do was sing. Since she was a little girl Essence always dreamed of being a singer, but never actually pursued the idea. Her d...
67.2K 2.2K 30
𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎 𝑠𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑟... 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗄𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗉𝗂𝖾𝗋𝖼𝖾'𝗌 𝗌𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖺...
3.6M 228K 38
[BXB] in which a boy leaves his love letters in the wrong person's locker. ↬ Kairo Alden has been pining for fellow classmate Alexandria Miller for a...