JUST FRIENDS

By shezataurus

every single night, Blu thought about her, she sat inside him like bones. her smile, her eyes, her laugh, her... More

cast
o1
o2
o3
o4
o5
o6
o7
o8
o9
1o
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
2o
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
epilogue

15

2.6K 119 27
By shezataurus

"You okay, man?"

Auggie, his peer, was looking at him, one triple-pierced eyebrow reaching up to his hairline in concern.

They were en route to grab poké bowls from a place not too far from campus before they went into the studio to work on independent collections. Auggie was a cool guy, close friends with Babs just like him, an alternative mixed media artist specializing in painting, who so happened to be a master at color theory.

And he was asking if Blu was okay... Okay? Okay couldn't suffice. He was beyond okay, like if incredible was the base of the mountain, he was at the peak, planting his flag down because he overcame. There were no words adequate enough to describe the high he was on, it was better than Honey's weed, he wasn't floating, he was soaring and he couldn't hide that.

Mentally, he was in and out of his classes, there one minute and zoned out the next, sunk into a flashback from earlier with Maze and what transpired, and most importantly, the experiences she allowed him to be apart of. He didn't even know why he bothered showing up today, from the start he was distracted- consumed really because he was trying to summon every detail of his best friend giving him the best head he ever had in his life.

Bless her.

His lackadaisical disposition was different for him because he was an active participant during lectures due to the fact that he genuinely enjoyed learning and creating. Besides both being friends with Babs, he and Auggie shared that common ground, their passion for academia and the arts was unwavering.

"Yeah, Aug, I'm just..." he couldn't fight the smile from spreading on his face, "I'm just feeling...fantastic."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Nah."

"Okay, I mean, I guess that's fair." He ran a hand through his pink buzz cut. "Is it about the showcase?"

"I just said I wouldn't elaborate."

"So it's something else besides the showcase...you wouldn't do shrooms with someone that wasn't me, right? Cuz Babs and I have to take your shroom-ginity."

"I am not on drugs," (no matter how much Maze felt like one,) "and hallucinogens? Not my thing."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You say that every time." He rolled his eyes.

Just then, Blu's phone buzzed.

Hiiii. Busy tonight?

It was Honey. He tugged at a loose curl absently.

They hadn't made it official just yet but they were on the path to becoming exclusive. He knew she was dating other guys just off the strength of that, their undetermined status; Honey was still exploring options to save herself from putting all of her eggs in one basket. Understandable. Very. But he enjoyed spending time with her. She was always so funny and sweet and real. Beautiful with an eclectic sense of style. He loved how she voiced what was on her mind in such a direct way. She didn't dodge questions or do anything misleading, her transparency was commendable.

However he couldn't deny that he wasn't about to hang out with her tonight, which was where his frustration with Maze came in.

Why would she encourage that he make a strong connection with the girl only to get on her knees and put him all in her mouth without breaking eye contact once? Then play with herself while he watched and directed like a starved man who couldn't help his intrusive thoughts from spilling out of his mouth.

He confessed his feelings for her, bare before even eating breakfast this morning or making the bed. Could she sense that his relationship with Honey was about to hit an emotional peak? Because as crazy as it sounded, Blu was feeling comfortable enough to tell her about Maze- everything- and possibly have her over for dinner one day so they could finally meet.

And then this morning happened and that thought flew out the window.

Aside from that, he wouldn't be able to make the date because he was pretty sure Maze was making her return to the club tonight. He could tell she was getting stir crazy being inside their place alone with her thoughts, unanswered questions drifting about, and no outlet for release. He had to be there for her when her heels hit the stage again.

Not tonight, maybe we can grab dinner Saturday?

Not even a minute later,

Sounds good, I have the perfect spot.

It was probably best to let Honey know that his head wasn't all the way in it with her, right? That the more they continued to see each other, the more complicated his feelings became. Sometimes he'd think to himself that it was great that she wasn't Maze and awful all the same...And most times, he wouldn't think of Maze at all when they were together.

Being with Honey was realizing that he existed outside of his best friend, he had a life, he could laugh and love on his own, branch out, lead a different way. Could he really say goodbye to her so soon? Was he ready to give up a good thing to take a chance with Maze?

"I swear it's like I've been talking to myself all day today."

Aug pulled him out of his clouded thoughts, and back to reality.

"That's not unusual for you to do."

"It is when you're right beside me not even pretending to listen. Normally you give a courtesy laugh at the least but right now it's just nada."

"Yeah, well."

"Yeah, well. That's the best you can do? Is it about that girl Babs always teases you about?" He paused. "Something with an 'M.'"

"Hmmm... I don't know, man."

"Of course you don't. Suddenly you can't recall the girl Babs says you're madly in love with."

He shrugged, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Fine, fine. I'm out of your business."

Blu smiled.

Poké bowls made him miss Hawaii, the ones in Atlanta were nothing like back home, not nearly as fresh or filling. He missed home. There were no imus here to steam up the perfect vegetables, no slow cooking whatsoever- everything was ready by the time you finished ordering it.

There was no heart in that.

His concentration for the exhibit would be centered around the beautiful island. Making plates the color of sand with edges that seemed to vanish no matter the perspective. Cups that rippled like waves as if one could hold the ocean in a single grip. He was passionate about it. He worked for hours once they made it to the studio and thought of nothing else other than how warm his artwork would look in that bright, white space.

Auggie complimented him profusely when they examined each other's progress before leaving the studio, proud of the work they accomplished for the day. Patting each other on the backs as they bid adieu.

When Blu returned to the apartment complex, the sun had just gone down, Maze was unlocking the door to the apartment, probably having left the ballet studio she frequented every now and then when she knew it'd be empty. She had connections and if she'd asked, the instructor would leave the keys in the mailroom for her.

It had been a while since he had last seen her coming from there but there she was in all her glory and she gave him this look that made him blush deeply.

"How was class?" She asked once they walked inside, removing her jacket and hanging it in the hall closet, the black leotard she wore was backless, not stretchy enough to support her ass without turning into a thong. He bit his cheek.

"Honestly...I don't know."

"Not paying attention, huh? What could cause that?"

He pursed his lips.

"I couldn't concentrate either today. Tried running errands, working out, pole rehearsals, a little ballet. Still, you were on my mind." She looked him up and down.

"Yeah?"

"Mhmm. All day. I was kinda nervous what would happen when we saw each other again. I was in my head wondering how we would move forward, you know? Like where do we go from here?"

"Right, I know what you mean. The line is beyond blurred between us,"

"Exactly and being with you now, after this morning... The only thing on my mind is feeling you inside me."

His eyebrows rose, the pull she had on him stronger than whiskey. "Oh?"

"I feel like a horrible person for wanting that, for admitting that, it's such bad timing."

"It is."

"Cuz you and Honey are kinda exclusive."

"Not quite but we were definitely on that path."

"Were?"

"Yeah, you threw a wrench in that. Probably on purpose."

"On purpose? I'm an advocate for the two of you."

"You must think I'm dumb."

"What?"

"Admit how you really feel."

She furrowed her brows, annoyed. "I don't know what you want me to say."

They had a standoff in the living room for a while, the ghost of sexual tension in the room, hovering just above Maze's denial and jealousy. Blu sighed deeply.

"Don't shake your head at me." She pointed a finger at his chest to emphasize her point before dropping her hand. "I wouldn't try and fuck up a good thing between you and your perfect girl. I want you to be happy."

"Right. Because you are the most unselfish, non-manipulative person I know."

Maze crossed her arms over her chest."You know what, lemme go shower cuz I don't have time for you right now."

He let her go because he loved watching her leave; she retreated to her bedroom with his eyes on her ass with each sway of her hip, there was an extra bounce in her step since he was watching.

"You're going back to work tonight." He called after her, not quite a question since he already knew the answer.

She answered back. "You think you know me?" Which meant yes.

Blu couldn't deny that he was interested in Maze's return, she knew how to put on a show and tonight would be no exception, especially since she felt like she had a lot to prove. She would shock, make jaws drop, and wrap the crowd up in the midst of desire so strong that they'd do anything for her. Emptying pockets was only step one. His best friend had the power to enamor.

When he heard her shower run, he headed to his, hit with flashback after flashback once he walked through his room. Of Maze. Staring up at him as if she were finally seeing him for the first time, beyond the pining, the crush, the puppy love. Never in a million years did he think she could make his dick disappear down her throat. Not like that. He tried to be gentle with her, reign in some of that desperation that had sank so far inside himself but he couldn't contain it.

Even now, he wanted her in the worst way, he'd beg on his hands and knees for her with his chin bowed in humility, the synergy between them amplified- and it made him curious. How would sex with Maze be?

But he had to rein it in, his thoughts would only get him in trouble and though he made it throughout the day undetected, he had to take occasional bathroom breaks to calm himself and his dick all the way down.

Because, again, she really did have the power to enamor.

.

Shebazz knew that Maze got an earful of the hushed whispers that was going around by the expression on her face when she spotted him in the crowd. It was only a matter of time, he thought, she would find out sooner or later and it happened to be sooner rather than later. He took a deep breath.

He didn't know she was coming back. It surprised him. He was wrapped up in revenge, a devil on his shoulder named Angel encouraging him to be wild, encouraging him to forget her under other women yet seeing Maze again after the distance was like a sucker punch. He was envious of the lollipop in her mouth and of the clothes that touched her where he used to.

Even Angel, who ate before he came for once, was beside him trying to mask his interest.

"I can't believe this shit," Shebazz mumbled under his breath, the girls in their section trying to gain his attention again but there was no use.

An alternative song started its riffs, only suitable for someone who was about to raise hell.

I've never known a girl like you before

She strutted onstage wearing a full fitted suit paired with a hat, still appealing despite wearing menswear head to ankle. Someone in the distance booed, probably a newcomer, riffraff. He didn't know that she was about to perform.

Her face was dolled up, which complemented glass stilettos as shiny as they could possibly be.

You give me just a taste, so I want more

She tossed the hat off to the crowd, her hair slinking down her back, soft and wild. He loved when she straightened her hair, that was one of his favorite looks on her.

Conspicuously, she shrugged out of her suit jacket, left in slacks and a button down, that puckered at the strain of her bosom.

Now, my hands are bleeding and my knees are raw

Off went her pants, they ripped away with ease, leaving her shirt to fold over her thighs like a dress. The crowd grew excited, bumbling with anticipation. She threw her tie out from around her collar.

'Cause now you got me crawlin', crawlin' on the floor

Very audibly the crowd roared when she popped the buttons to her oversized top, throwing that out too. Wearing so little now, she twirled around the pole lightly, her frame enough to make him look away briefly. He couldn't start regretting now.

But fuck, when her body moved like that, like water, he was finding it hard to have a reason to not stare. She was mesmerizing, spellbinding. Stupefying.

And I've never known a girl like you before

A proper striptease, money falling all around her as her body curved around the pole like a ring. More exposed than she'd been before- she was never bare when she danced because she never had to be, this was the first time he'd seen her this close to naked.

He wanted to shoot everybody in the club for looking at her the way they were, his best friend being the first on the list.

You made me acknowledge the devil in me
I hope to God I'm talkin' metaphorically
Hope that I'm talkin' allegorically

And for fuck's sake she knew now... About the thing they promised to keep between them. The thing that was never supposed to get out. Somehow, that one mistake that he made only a few nights before quickly became the club's business despite it being an accident.

The liquor was flowing, the mood was set, it felt friendly and harmless but he should've known better. Once the flirting started after him venting, there was nothing friendly about it. Everything happened so fast, they were both still angry and wounded from Maze that their rage shifted into passion for one another...

Next thing he knew he had Brazil's legs up to her ear, talking her through an orgasm that left her shaking.

Never known a girl like you before

He had no choice but to sit back and watch what Maze had in store; this performance was for him more than it was for the club.

Shebazz took a shot to knock the edge off of her glare. It helped a little.

Anything to prepare him for the lap dance which he could probably guess would be on Blu, and way worse than that video he saw a while back. He clenched his jaw.

The music switched, red lighting transitioned into a warm white spotlight that tracked her as she made a trail out in the crowd. Adoring eyes followed. He didn't know where Blu was personally, hadn't seen him all night but she was making a beeline straight towards Shebazz's section, using the neighboring tables as a walkway.

Play by David Banner blasted in the background now, her legs long and glittering, the Red Room shifted to a cool blue making Maze look like she was made of ice. She stood before him, right next to the bottles, in a deep blue thong and matching pasties. Hand outstretched. Waiting.

He could see in her eyes she was about to act up in front of everyone, as she beckoned with her hand for him to come with her.

However, she wasn't gesturing to him, she was gesturing to the man beside him. The man being Angel.

Angel, who was getting supportive nudges from the dancers around them, sideline comments from men saying to take her hand before they did but he just shook his head no hesitantly. As if he was making sure that was the correct answer. I should say no, right? Shebazz wanted to slap the fuck out of him.

Maze squatted in front of them, giving bedroom eyes to his best friend, "You're gonna say no to me?"

And Angel, the stone cold assassin, looked up at her-his best friend's ex- like it pained him to not take her hand. Like out of all the training he did as a monk, this was by far the hardest test to pass.

"That's okay." She said, stepping off of her pedestal to sit in his lap. "I'll just bring the party to you."

The way she moved on him was the same way she used to dance for Shebazz in the private room, spread out and open, twerking in a handstand, middle splits, looking back at it while she bit her lip.

Angel sat stock still with his hands by his sides but the sleepy look in his eyes and the redness of his cheeks said it all. She nibbled his ear, egged him on, asked if he could handle it, questioned if he really was good with a sword.

Shebazz didn't blink. Not once.

By the time she was through with him, Angel grabbed a champagne bottle that was sitting on ice and placed it between his legs to cool down.

"I am so sorry, bro." He said sheepishly. "But I am not that strong."

Shebazz grit his teeth so hard they felt as if they'd crack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 2K 53
"I would scream but I have a headache from crying my eyes out in the bathroom. You have twenty seconds to explain why you broke into my house before...
254 10 30
As I looked over at her, it struck me how beautiful she was. Her hair was blowing carelessly in the wind, a halo on her head. I had the oddest impuls...
261K 2.5K 8
This is an erotic romance. Recommended 18+! Completed. Excerpt: His mouth was back on mine in an instant, the door behind us rattling loudly as he th...
2.6M 74.4K 27
He swiped my sweat-soaked hair off my neck, resting his lips against my ear. His fiery breaths blew across my earlobe. My body shuddered once again...