The next in throne to be Godf...

By Starcrossed4ever

An 21 year old African American girl named Annabel Smith is in college and meets the man of her dreams, the 2... More

Ch 1 At the beach
CH 2 why are you smiling
Ch 3 The 6 wildcats
CH 4 Dinner with the family
Ch 5 Preparing for the date
Ch 6 Six Flags
ch 7 The kiss
Ch 8 Cloud 9
Ch 9 My mother's interrogation
Ch10 the phone call
Ch 11 Are your family racists
Ch 12 Meeting the family
Ch 13 meeting the siblings part 1
Ch 14 Meeting the siblings part 2
Ch 15 girl talk
Ch 16 Meeting Sophia
CH 17 Talking about Annabel
Ch 18 Bob's Interrogation
Ch 19 What happened?
Ch 20 Dinner Talk
Chapter 21 The argument
Ch 22 The breakfast Table
CH 24 The proposal part 1
Ch 25 The proposal part 2
Ch 26 A bad feeling
Ch 27 Who are you?
Ch 28 What is going on?
Ch 29 Two weeks later
Ch 30 The video
Ch 31 Eureka
A/N -changed Annabel siblings name
Ch 32 Where is she?
Ch 33 Looking for Annabel
Ch 34- Getting out of the warehouse
Ch 35 Finding Annabel
Ch 36. Seeing everyone

Ch 23 Reminiscing

9.2K 399 46
By Starcrossed4ever

Ch 23

This is dedicated to stylish_marie. I feel really honored that you liked my book so much that you ended your chat for my last update.

Since I didn't right in a couple of days I made this chapter longer for you guys.

Annabel's necklace is on top

6 months later

It was Annabel's and I one year anniversary and I was pacing back and forth. I was extremely nervous. I don't think I have ever been this nervous in my life.

"Son, you know if you keep on pacing you will wear out the carpet" my father spoke.

His voice surprised me. I didn't even know he was in the room

"Dad, you surprised me. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see how you are doing."

"Well I'm nervous."

"Sammy sit" he ordered

I sat on my bed and he sat next to me

"I know how you feel but there is no need to be nervous. She loves you and you love her so that's all that matters"

"Her loving me doesn't mean she wouldn't say no. what if she is not ready. What if she is not as serious as I am about our relationship? You know what I shouldn't do it"

"Of course she is serious about your relationship. You can tell by the way she looks at you. She loves you and whenever your mother talks about marriage to her she never says that you guys are not ready. Plus her father wouldn't have given you permission to marry his youngest daughter if he didn't see how serious you both were."

Flashback

4 months ago

"In 2 more days we are going to see my parents."

Annabel's birthday was in 3 more days which was March 29th and she was really excited because she missed her parents and she was bringing me to meet her parents.

I was a little nervous. What if they didn't like me or if they wanted her to be with a black man.

As those thoughts were going through my head we were laying on my bed and she was just laying on my chest comfortably while I played with her hair.

"Bellisima, do your parents know I'm white"

"No I wanted to surprise them." she said casually

I sat up really quick which caused her to fall off my chest

"Sammy, are you okay" She asked concerned now in a sit up position

"You can't surprise them with something like that. What if they don't like me? What if they think you are bringing home a black man home and then they see me like in the movie Guess Who? They thought the taxi driver was her boyfriend. Are you crazy? Pre-warn them. I'm seriously not going through that" I say in a serious tone.

"Don't worry you will be driving so there will be no mix-up." she said like it's no big deal.

"Annabel, tell them" I took her phone from my night stand and passed it to her

She started laughing

"This is not a laughing matter, seriously call them" I say seriously. Why is she so nonchalant about this?

"Calm down Sammy I was joking. I did tell them but I wanted to see your reaction." she giggled some more

"That is not funny" I said folding my arms and pouting like a little kid

"Aww, little Sammy is sad" She said pinching my cheeks so I flipped her over so I was now on top of her. I bended down very close to her ear and whispered "Trust me, I'm not so little". I slowly nibbled her earlobe and then stopped to add "in more ways than one." Her breath pattern turned uneven and then I unpinned her getting up.

"Wait, where are you going" she asked obviously frustrated.

"Going downstairs to eat. My mom said dinner is at eight."

She looked to the right at my digital clock which was exactly eight

She huffed."You don't play fair"she said getting up

"I have no idea what you are talking about" I said smirking. I was happy that I left her hot and bothered and I know it seems like I teased her on purpose but honesty if Sammy Jr. was any indication I definitely wanted to do more. I would've had sex with her not caring about my mom's stupid rule to come on time to dinner and eat as a family. However, I wanted her first time to be romantic not in my room with my mom probably knocking on the door several times for us to come downstairs to eat. She deserved better.

We hurried downstairs, after coming to my house many times; Annabel realized that my mother gets agitated when we come late to the table. If she says dinner is 8 you better believe dinner is 8.

Fast forward to March 28th

We arrived at Annabel's parents home at 9 it only took us one hour. You got to love that New York and New Jersey is about an hour away from each other.

When Annabel saw her mom, they hugged immediately. I know her and her mother are very close. She talks to her mother over the phone frequently. Her mother also gave me a hug and her father gave me a firm handshake.

It was great meeting them. Her mom let me call her by her first name. They were both nice but the mom reminded me of my mother and was very friendly. Her father looked like he was trying to figure me out and wasn't really speaking. Basically like how a typical father acts when his daughter brings home a guy. I think it was worst because Annabel is his youngest daughter and I am her first boyfriend but I'm making sure I am her last as well. They were an upper middle-class family and the way they carried themselves seemed very upper-class excluding the knobbiness from some upper-class citizens. No wonder Annabel speaks very well, highly intelligent and the reason why her sister and her are very accomplished. Her brother was at his friends' house but apparently he plays soccer and is really good. Her sister lives in Washington D.C. She moved there because of work. My family will definitely love them.

Unfortunately, I had to sleep in their guest room because her father did not want me to sleep in the same room as her. Little does he know whenever she stays the night at my house which is quite often, she sleeps with me.

On March 29th, she was given breakfast in bed, her mom and her went shopping which left me to bond with her father. I was very scared because she is his youngest daughter but it was actually nice. Now I am allowed to call him by his first name. That is definitely an accomplishment. I think he respects me because I have a job and treat his daughter very well. We went to a fancy dinner at night to celebrate her 22nd birthday. Annabel was definitely happy. I could tell she was treated like a princess. However she was also raised right by her parents. You would never know that she was treated like a princess because she is not snobby at all, very sweet, and very generous. Her parents really did a wonderful job at raising her.

I guessed nothing changed because I have joy in treating her like a princess as well because she is la mia bellisima ragazza e l'amore (my beautiful girl and love).

At dinner we all gave Annabel her birthday present. First her parents gave her their gift then next I gave her mine's with a card

She read it out loud

"Dear Bellisima (beautiful),

There are no words to describe how much I love you. I am glad I met you and I have the honor of being your boyfriend. I love your generosity and kindness which makes me fall in love with you every day. I wish you a happy Birthday mio amore (my love)

Love Samuel"

Her parents smiled at what I wrote but didn't understand when she said Bellisima and my love so she translated in for them. She knows the meaning because I say them often to her. She gave me a tight hug and a kiss on my cheeks. She opened her birthday present. It is a necklace; the jeweler used a larger aquamarine briolette in a larger setting, and topped it with two navette-shaped diamond-set panels and 2 old European-cut diamonds. The pendant is suspended from a delicate chain spaced by 7 pearls. This was made specially for her so it cost a lot but it was worth it when I saw her face.

"Sammy, oh my god. I love it. It is so gorgeous and it has my birthstone. I love you. I love you. I love you." She kissed me on the lips each time she said I love you which was in front of her parents which made me blush because I felt awkward since they were watching the whole scene.

I know how much she loves her birthstone. That's the reason for buying it for her. I am really glad she loves it but nothing is too good for my love.

We left to go home Sunday night because she had class and I had work.

After spending time with her family members I told my parents about them and my father invited her father to play golf at his country club because of their shared interest. They got along very well and since my house had more room than her parents' house, Annabel and her family had dinner with my family and I. Our families meshed really well together. My father was overjoyed when Annabel's sister told him that she was a defense attorney. She was very modest so he did research and found out that 92% of her clients were not convicted. Her cases also vary from petty crimes to fraud crimes. Although I have yet to tell Annabel about my true lifestyle he insists that it's good to have her sister as a connection.

Present

My dad is right her father did give me her blessing

Flashback

Last week I went to New Jersey at night time to Annabel's parents' home.

"Ian, I absolutely love your daughter and want to be with her for the rest of my life. Can I please have your blessing to marry your daughter" I said

I hope he says yes, but honestly either way I am still going to ask for her hand in marriage. I love her too much to not marry her. I also love how the ring will show guys to back off even though I would hurt anybody who tries to take my girl away from me like the boys at her school.

" Samuel, after meeting your parents and spending time with you I can see that you are an honorable man and the way you look at my daughter I can tell you do love her vey much and I know she loves you very much too so I give you my blessing to marry my daughter."

I was so happy he said this. It made me feel good and when he shook my hand firmly and whispered

"You better not hurt her or screw this up because this is the only time I will be giving you my blessing"

Then he released his hand. Well okay then. Anne hugged me and started to cry a little.

Then I left. While I was driving back to New York ,The only thought it my mind is what engagement ring will i buy for her.

_______

She is going to find out really soon about him being godfather so stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 6.1K 53
-MATURE CONTENT- After problems go down in her hometown of Brooklyn, she is sent to Italy by her mobster don father. Unknown to her, she wasn't simpl...
80.7K 4.5K 29
The Rossi family are known throughout the world as the most powerful Italian mafia with control over all Italian cartels and most South American and...
610K 12.7K 39
18+ mafia romance She is a daughter of the American Gang leader, a girl that can seduce and kill. But her secrets are bigger than anyone can imagine...
2.4K 72 22
A poor girl who leaves her country to go abroad for her higher studies.Leaving her family to make her own life. Gets trapped by the mafia. A person w...