Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

De risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... Mai multe

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|XXXIV|

57 4 0
De risingdawn2022

"Unleashed"
______________

"There was another body found earlier." Casey said and she walked into Derek's loft, where she could immediately see that Carter and Tye were sparring, Cora was exercising on her own and Trent was reading in the corner on the couch. "Did anyone hear me?" She asked.

"I did." Derek said and Casey was shaking her head. "You guys have a pattern yet?" He asked.

"The first three people who were murdered, they were all virgins. I don't know how this senior year boy fits into it, but, I am eventually going to have to find out." Casey muttered.

"Come on, just fight back!" Cora shouted at Derek and he looked at his younger sister in silence. "I came back for this? I can't believe I got my ass thrown into a vault for three months for you." Cora said bluntly and Derek winced. "All of those rumors I heard. A powerful new Alpha, one of the Hales, he is building a pack. Do you know how long I waited to hear something like that? Do you have any idea how it felt to find out that you were alive?" Cora demanded as Casey was watching the two, feeling pain from the both of them and Tye walked over in silence.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." Derek whispered and Tye growled softly at the words.

"He's doing his best, Cora, the odds have been stacked against him since the beginning." Casey interrupted gently and Cora looked at her. "He had no idea that you were alive, Cora, none of us did." She murmured.

"You were the other human in the fire. The one that I smelled, before I escaped the flames. You ran into it, to help us." Cora remembered and at the words, Casey nodded. "You carry the scars."

"Yeah. I actually originally, I went back into the fire to find you. Tye, the smartass, he wasn't even, going to leave the area, completely an inferno without you, so I ran back in." Casey muttered and Cora looked at Tye, who nodded silently.

Then suddenly, the alarm rang out and Casey grabbed for her guns and Derek shook his head quickly at the sound of the alarm. "Stay back." He said and she looked annoyed, but she silently nodded.

"What's that?" Cora asked.

"Trouble." Derek replied.

The door to the loft was flung open with a screech and Ennis walked into the loft with fangs bared and claws extended. Carter jumped in quickly, to stand next to Tye and Trent fell in on the other side of Tye and they flanked Derek, who growled softly.

Cora was pinned down by Ennis and Tye roared at the sight of his younger sister. "Tye!" Derek snapped but it was too late and Tye lunged forward, jumping into the air and kicking out hard at Ennis with both legs. It sent the alpha tumbling down quickly across the floor, as Kali was now lunging for Derek and another Beta had come racing in.

Ennis had Cora pinned to the floor once again, the other female Beta was swiftly engaging Tye and Kali was easily fighting Derek. Carter lunged into the middle of the fight between Derek and Kali with a ferocious roar and Kali looked stunned to see him.

"Carter?" She asked in a surprised tone of voice and he lunged forward at her, slashing and quickly kicking out at her. At the sound of his name, the other beta had been stunned just long enough for Tye to throw her into the wall and keep her pinned, as Carter and Derek engaged Kali.

Until a gunshot rang out and Kali's eyes flashed, as she turned to look at Ennis. Ennis who currently had a quickly-spreading patch of red and black blood that was spreading into his system.

Casey had two guns, one in each of her hands and one of the guns, was pointed at each of the Alphas. "Don't you dare to test my patience right now, Kali, for... I am a very good shot." Casey said and she shifted her aim from Ennis to Freya the other Beta, that currently had Tye pinned against the wall. "Something tells me that considering the fact, that you were the one who bit your daughter in the first place... You would not be too happy if she died, would you?"

"Casey Branson. The human hunter, with the code on her arm who doesn't follow it." Kali noted as she looked at Casey, while Derek and Carter watched the tense stand-off as it were. "The hunter who is afraid of fire and is afraid of the Bite." It was dangerous knowledge that she knew.

"Let them go." Casey kept her voice even and Kali chuckled at the words and Casey silently clicked bullets into the chambers and Kali sighed.

"Let Tye go." Kali ordered quickly and Freya released him from the wall, before in mere seconds, the fighting had started again. The bullet from Casey had missed Freya, but had hit Ennis and Freya tackled Casey into the ground.

Freya snarled in Casey's face and Casey headbutted Freya, who snarled and quickly flung her across the room and Casey managed to tuck herself into a ball to absorb some of the impact and to not break every one of the bones in her body when she hit the floor.

Casey instead, just hit the ground hard and her eyes were now blurry from her head hitting the ground and Ennis managed to swiftly now pin her down onto the floor once again and the pack had been subdued. Tye and Trent were incapacitated by their wounds from Ennis, while Kali had a pipe through Derek's back, which prevented them from trying anything else, in case Kali killed Derek. Either on purpose or by accident with leaving the pipe in Derek's back for too long.

"Everybody done?" Carter froze at the accented voice that was so similar to his own and he looked toward the doorway, where he saw that his uncle Deucalion was walking into the room with his cane and sunglasses. "'Cause just listening to all of that just then, it was exhausting." Deucalion noted.

"Hello Uncle." Carter said and Deucalion's head moved to face toward the sound of his nephew's voice and Deucalion stared at him, as Carter's eyes glowed icy blue and Derek looked at Carter, who was shaking his head.

"You always did have a talent for running away." Deucalion said and Casey looked over at Carter with difficulty, as she could tell how much that hurt and Deucalion crouched down in front of Derek, who lifted his head with difficulty to look at him. "So, let's talk."

Tye and Trent were managing to stand up and their wounds were slowly closing, as the two of them moved toward Carter and Kali, she let out a dangerous growl and they stopped moving to them. "Let-Let them go." Derek said as blood was dripping out of his mouth and Deucalion looked at Ennis, who let Casey and Cora go.

"See, Derek, we aren't unreasonable here." Deucalion said and Casey's arm shot out quickly now to restrain Cora and Cora looked at her, as Casey shook her head. "Casey is correct on this, it would not end well for anyone if you tried." Deucalion noted and Cora looked at Casey, who was looking down at the floor silently.

As soon as the Alpha Pack had left with Freya walking behind them in silence, they all bolted over to Derek. "That was Kali and Ennis' daughter?" Derek asked and Carter crouched down next to him and he nodded. "She grew." Derek muttered.

"She was thirteen years old when I saw her last, before I left." Carter mumbled and Tye glanced at him. "Right before they killed everyone else in the packs. She gave me the chance to escape, evidently not expecting to see me again." Carter muttered.

"She probably thought that Deucalion would have hunted you down by now. But she clearly underestimated your survival instincts." Casey said and Tye was taking on Derek's pain.

"Or just bloody thought that I had failed to escape in the first place in the years gone by." Carter muttered and he looked at Derek. "Move over, T." Carter said as he took Tye's spot as he took Derek's pain with a quick and painful-sounding inhale of breath.

-----

"Not sure that I really have to tell you this, Derek, but just forcing your pack to be out and away from you right now without explanation? It is probably not your smartest move to make." Casey said from the top of the stairs and he looked at her. "I'll make sure that he finds a place to stay." She said quietly and she walked down the stairs, as she walked over to the door.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.8M 55.8K 137
"Mine," he answered as his forehead touched her's. A serious expression set across his face. "That all depends," she replied. "On what?" "If you keep...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...
14.7K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
5K 239 16
"My friends..." Calavera shook her head, sounding almost annoyed. "I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is...