Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|XXXIII|

61 4 0
By risingdawn2022

"Fireflies"
______________

"Does Trent have an anchor?"

"That's why he's here."

---------

"Derek?" Casey asked and he looked at her, as she motioned with her head and he followed her. Casey walked over to the closet and she opened it, as she pushed the door open. "I saw it when I was waiting for the fighting."

Casey pulled out a flashlight and clicked it on as she pointed it into the corner and Derek, he looked like he had been stabbed. Casey's tears were rolling down her cheeks at the sight of Erica's body and Derek looked at her.

"I'm sorry." Casey whispered and Derek, he nodded and he moved his arms around her and she felt him shaking. "I am so, so sorry." She murmured and she shut her eyes.

"This wasn't your fault. I turned her, I bit her, I brought her, to the attention and, now-" Derek couldn't finish his words and Casey moved her arms around him to return the hug.

"This wasn't your fault either. This was the Alpha Pack, okay? This was Deucalion, Ennis, Kali, the twins that combine. This was them, not us." She reminded him and he nodded.

"What would I do without you?" He asked and Casey laughed quietly, and she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"You would, probably already be dead... twenty, twenty times over by now." Casey whispered and she was looking at the body. "What do we do with her?" Casey asked softly and he looked at her.

"You say that you found the body in the woods on an evening jog." Derek said and he looked at Casey, who was nodding in agreement. "We need to find Tye, Boyd and Cora. Before more people get hurt or killed." Derek said.

"I'm not standing by, Derek, I was trained to track werewolves. You need me, whether you like it or not." Casey murmured, and, he nodded slightly at the words.

Casey looked at Scott and Allison silently and Derek came up behind her, with Erica's body in his arms.

Casey looked back at him and Derek was fighting to bury his emotion to be rational.

~~~~

"We are not killing them. Not even if you think it is easier than the possible alternatives. Derek, this is two members of your family. Your little brother and your little sister, are you really willing to kill them just because it might be easier than catching them tonight?" Casey asked and Derek looked at her. "No. You will have to kill me first." She said and they looked at her.

"We need somebody, who knows how to hunt werewolves." Scott said as Casey looked insulted at the words.

"What am I, chopped liver?" Casey asked and Scott stared at her. "I'm a hunter too, remember?"

"You're only six years older than me!" Scott shouted and Casey looked at him, before she shook her head.

"Fine. Go and try talking it out with Argent. I'll be making a plan that will actually work." Casey said and Scott looked at Derek, but Derek was now just silently looking at the ground.

Casey got onto the ATV that she had bought not long ago and she pulled on a helmet and she rode off quickly out of the woods.

Casey was at the high school already when Scott, Derek as then eventually Isaac arrived at the school.

Casey fired her pistols filled with flash-bolts at Boyd and Cora, who were lunging at her.

Casey turned quickly and took off running towards the school, right into where Derek was waiting for them both.

Derek snapped out his claws quickly and Casey dove to the side, as she was pulling out her electric batons.

But out of nowhere, Tye came up behind them and he roared and he lunged at Casey.

Casey spun around and Tye knocked the baton away, as Casey shocked him with the other one, but Tye slashed at her arm and Casey grunted in pain, as blood splattered onto the ground and she lost her hold on the baton.

Derek roared and lunged at Tye, who was backing away, at the sight of him and Casey was pressing her hand down onto the wound. Casey shut her eyes and she was focusing, as she was trying to control her breathing again.

"Casey?" Derek asked and Casey opened her eyes and he was looking at her. "You need to put a bandage on that." He said and she nodded.

"Don't kill them." Casey said and he looked at her. "Derek, that will take a part of you that nothing will be able to fill again, ever." She said, as he looked over at her. "Promise me, Der." Casey whispered and he nodded.

"You always carry a extra shirt with you, don't you?" Derek asked and she nodded. "I will see you, when the sun comes up. I swear." He said as she was nodding. "Go."

Casey raced out of the school to her SUV and she grabbed her extra shirt and her extra hoodie, quickly making them into makeshift bandages, as she bound her arm as tightly as she could without cutting off the circulation.

It was painful, but it was much better then her bleeding out in the middle of the high school.

Casey ran into the school again, as soon as she was able to see that her wound was bandaged tightly enough around her arm.

Casey had changed out her older guns, for the ones that weren't filled with flash-bolt bullets and she was looking at Argent. "The boiler room, down there." He said and she nodded as she walked down the stairs and she only found Scott.

"Scott, where's Derek?" Casey asked and Scott looked over at her and she saw the indecision on his face. "Scott, where the hell is he?!" She shouted.

"Derek is in there with them. All three of them. Plus a human." Scott said and Casey looked at him, before she looked at the door.

"Open it." Casey said and he looked over at her, right before he was now looking at the blood on her forearm as he shook his head. "I can get through to Tye. Scott, open the damn door unless you want one or all of the werewolves in there to die!" She said.

Scott opened the door and Casey nodded, as she ran quickly into the room and she fired the guns quickly into the air.

Tye turned around and he snarled at her. "Come on!" She was shouting the challenge and Tye lunged for her.

Casey avoided the cuts and lunges as she was trying to delay him. "Tye, it's me." Casey pleaded and Tye cut at her with lethal claws, the lethal claws that were still covered in her blood. "Tyler Hale!" She shouted and the glow of his eyes had suddenly faded, as he looked at her. "Don't kill the messenger, little buddy." She said and Tye's fangs were disappearing.

"My name's Tye." He whispered and Casey let out a strangled sound that at least sounded somewhat like laughter and Tye hugged her tightly. "Did I do that?" Tye asked as he nodded at her arm.

"Yeah." Casey whispered and he immediately focused, as she felt her pain going away. "Derek." She said as she pushed past Tye and now the two of them were going toward Derek, as he looked at them. "You look terrible."

"I'll heal." Derek muttered and he looked at Tye, who was now back in control and Tye nodded. "All of you, get Boyd and Cora out of here." Derek said.

Boyd was dealt with by Scott and Tye's eyes flashed, as he knelt down next to Cora and she was looking up at him.

"Come on Cor." Tye murmured softly and he helped her up, and, Casey left the building silently.

Casey drove herself to the hospital and again, Melissa McCall helped her with the claw wound and Casey was looking at her. "I couldn't move away fast enough." Casey murmured softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706 28 9
An Argent and a Hale. How rare- Oh wait. Ha-ha ✧❁❁❁✧✿✿✿✧❁❁❁✧ 22-year-old Olivia Argent left for university right as she turned 18. She kn...
1K 47 22
She's lost everything, from her memories to her life. She gets thrown into Beacon Hills by a blinding light, right when the werewolves of the town ar...
1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
21.7K 697 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...