Ten | Byler

נכתב על ידי nowmemoriees

- "It's the ten-second rule. Think about what you're gonna say for ten seconds before giving an answer. That'... עוד

Before you read
INTRODUCTION
1. Owner
2. Memories
3. Believe or Not
4. Just an illusion
5. Lies
6. Away
7. Ten
8. Onions
10. The Omen
11. The feeling
12. Stars
13. Crazy Together
14. In Love
15. No fire
16.Thanks for reading

9. Nightmare

263 16 17
נכתב על ידי nowmemoriees

Will got out of the bathroom and went to El's room for a pillow. There, El and Jonathan, who was lying on a mattress, were talking.

- Hey bud, are you sure you want to spend the night there? I can take the sofa if you want. - Jonathan said. He knew that something was going on between Will and Mike. And not something nice.

-It's okay, Jonathan. I'll go there - Will replied.

- Alright, chef. - Jonathan replied.

- Ha ha. - Will replied, sarcastically, and then he left the room.

Before showing up in the living room, Will took a deep breath.

Mike was drinking a glass of water. Will didn't even look at him, he just went straight to the mattress placed in front of the couch.

Will laid down on the mattress without even looking at Mike, as a way to show him that he could sleep on the sofa.

Even when he was upset, Will was still a good host.

Mike left his glass of water on the table and went to the living room, but when he headed for the mattress, he noticed that Will was already there, laying down facing the sofa's base.

- Hey... uh, aren't you gonna sleep on the couch? It's better than-

- No. - Will interrupted, sharply. - It's okay. - He added.

- Okay.... - Mike muttered. Then, he went to the sofa and lay down.

Will turned around so he wouldn't meet Mike's eyes, even with his eyes closed.
The tension and awkwardness between them was too thick.

A few seconds passed and silence was the loudest sound in the room. However, Mike could tell that Will was still awake because he didn't stop moving. He was clearly uncomfortable on that mattress.

- Are you sure you don't want to sleep up here? - Mike asked

Will sighed.

- Yes. I'm fine here. - Will replied, still turning his back on Mike.

Mike couldn't help but feel upset towards the sudden indifference from Will. But he knew he had a reason for acting that way.

- Do you want to talk about it? - Mike asked, suddenly.

Will heard the question, but it took a few seconds for him to answer. He didn't want to, actually.

- ... About what? - He asked

"I swear I will never talk about this again. I'll just pretend we never happened if that's what you want"

- About today. About us. - Mike replied.

- ... There's nothing to talk about. - Will said, refusing to talk and trying to sleep.

- You know there is. - Mike replied. - You can't just pretend nothing happened.

Will didn't answer.

- And I don't want it to be like that. I never wanted it to be like this. - Mike added.

Will frowned at that answer and sighed. Was he serious?

- It won't always be the way you want. - He replied.

- Wh- What..? - Mike asked, confused.

- Things have always been the way you wanted. I have always waited for you. It's not fair. - Will said, serious.

- Fair? What is fair right now? - Mike asked, getting up and sitting on the couch.

- I- .. I don't know. - Will replied, between silent tears.

Mike could tell Will was about to cry, so he lowered his voice tone and took a deep breath.

- Can I just.... ask you something? - He asked.

- No. - Will answered. - I don't wanna talk about it. Not now... not again.

After saying those words, Will covered himself with his blankets and got ready to sleep again, cutting off the conversation.

Mike was speechless. He knew his relationship with Will was hanging by a thread, but he never imagined it would be so thin and fragile.

Will knew that too. And the idea of losing Mike devastated him. His tears kept running until they became silent sobs, and then, again, Will was silently crying, turning his back on Mike. Like if it was just meant to be that way.

He wondered if that was the destiny of his relationship with Mike after all. Because every step Will took forward, made it go ten steps back.

- I'm sorry. - Will muttered, after some minutes of silence, wondering if Mike was still awake after all.

He was, fortunately. He could hear Will, but he never responded. Not because he didn't want to or because he was mad at Will. Just because he didn't know what to say.

Should he apologize back? Should he just accept it and say nothing else? Should they be friends again or should he risk it all for love?

Sometimes fear is the source of bravery.
But it's not always that way.

Mike's silence was not a surprise to Will. Maybe Mike was just asleep. But the idea of thinking he was still awake hurt Will, and it hurt badly.

It was so scary to know that for Will that he didn't even dare turning around to get an answer.

And none of them said anything else. That was how both Mike and Will fell asleep under the cover of uncertainty.

Hours passed, and of course those negative feelings would not bring good thoughts. Even if those were not voluntary.

That's how Mike, still asleep, began to hear a very familiar and -scary- voice accompanied by some terrifying images in his mind.

"Did you think I would give up that easily?"

Mike could see every piece of Hawkins on fire.

"Now that I have got everyone under my sight?
Now that you are here?"

He could see destruction and devastation. He could feel the despair and fear of every person in the town.

"Everything will burn."

"Fire is gonna spread. You will watch love turn into nothing more than some ashes.
And it will be all thanks to you."

With those last words echoing in his mind, Mike woke up from his nightmare. He was breathing fast and had his nails buried in his blankets.

- Mike... Hey, Mike? - Will whispered. - It seemed that he had been trying to wake Mike up for a few minutes already.

Mike sat on the couch and lowered his gaze to Will as he tried to process everything as quickly as he could.

- Are you okay? - Will asked.

- Yeah... - Mike answered, still shocked. - It was just... a nightmare.

Will was not convinced by that answer, so he kept inquiring.

- Are you sure it was just a nightmare?

- No... I'm not sure. - Mike replied. - I don't know what it was.

Will heard Mike with attention.

- I don't know if it was.... something like, a vision, from 001. He's probably trying to scare me, to scare us. He did the same with Nancy. - Mike explained.

- Nancy's vision ended up not being real. - Will said, trying to comfort Mike.

- I know. That's why mine isn't either. - Mike replied and laid down again.

- It's not. Don't worry. - Will muttered. - I know it's scary, but....

- But I should just try to sleep. - Mike finished the sentence.

Will sighed and nodded, even when that was not what he wanted to say.

- Will... - Mike said, one last time.

- What?

- Do you want to sleep on the couch? - Mike asked.

Will rolled his eyes in annoyance as he had been asked the same question many times.

- I said I don't need to-

- But I mean, here. Next to... - Mike interrupted Will, but then stopped talking. - Just, forget it.

Will knew perfectly how scary those kinds of visions could be, so, even when he was still upset, he wouldn't leave Mike alone.

- I could keep you some company if you want me to. - Will said.

Mike let out a little smile and moved aside so Will could get to the couch and lie down next to him.

It was quite a small sofa, but it felt like it was the biggest one in the world for Will and Mike.

Maybe it was because of the clear tension between them, or because of the growing desire in their hearts to hold each other and fall asleep into each other's arms. Those feelings made the distance between them bigger and bigger every second.

Will knew how scared Mike was, so he thought it would be so mean from him if he didn't comfort him. But at the same time it was too scary.

Will was afraid of making any other wrong move.

So, all he did was gently place his hand on Mike's shoulder and stroke it for a few seconds. Anyway, he was really concerned about what Mike's reaction would be to such a simple gesture.

- Everything's gonna be okay. I.. I promise. - Will said.

Mike, contrary to what Will thought, felt so relieved and comfortable that he wanted Will to be even closer, but he was aware of how Will was still feeling about him.

For now, it was enough for them to be together.

Even at the worst times.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.8K 89
Stranger Things texting bc why not //yes I'm very much aware they didn't have texting back then, I'm just an inspiration-less bitch// also it'll most...
253K 6.3K 40
"Twins?!" "Wow. Haven't heard that before." When things go wrong, they rarely go right.
44.5K 536 20
Mikes been pushing Will away, and Will can tell. Mike suddenly starts feeling weird about Will but he can't out his finger on why. Meanwhile, Will is...
1.8K 80 34
This story is about two characters in the show Stranger Things: Will Byers and Mike Wheeler. Will has a major crush on Mike, but Mike's dating El, a...