Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

Por risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... Mais

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|XXVIII|

86 3 0
Por risingdawn2022

"Battlefield"

___________

"You still want to be a part of my pack?"

"I'm not leaving."

------------

"You shouldn't be moving around." Derek said as he heard Casey getting up and he looked at her, as she was shaking her head.

"I have to do something. It is almost like ever since Jackson paralyzed me, I can't stop myself from moving." Casey muttered as Derek shut the book. "It's just fricking stupid." She said under her breath.

"No, it's not stupid Casey. It is a simple and natural survival instinct." Derek replied and he handed her a book. "You want something to do?" He asked and she looked at it, as she nodded and she took the book. "Walk as you read."

"Yep." Casey replied as she opened the book, starting to flip through it and looked for any information on the Kanima. "Do you really blame yourself, for this whole mess with the Kanima?" She asked and he looked at her.

"I bit Jackson. I turned him and he turned into the Kanima. The blame started, stops and it ends with me." Derek said and Casey sighed.

"Not really." She said and he looked surprised at her words. "It isn't your fault that he is an orphan, it isn't your fault that he was adopted. All of that shit in his past, that is what turned him into the Kanima. It was just your bite that triggered it all." She said and Derek sighed, as he shut the book. "Tell me I'm wrong, Derek, if you really think that I am." Casey said and he shook his head.

"You are not wrong. You never have been wrong yet ever since I came back, but as usual, I refused to listen." Derek muttered and Casey smiled faintly at the words. "I just said what you wanted to hear, judging by your chemo signals." He noted and she came up behind him and gave him a hug.

"You're learning." Casey murmured and Derek looked down at her. "In some ways and definitely in terms of height, you're different. But in some ways, you are still the same stubborn, hot-headed sixteen year old werewolf, who climbed into my house through my window and dared to bleed all over my floor." Casey murmured and Derek looked at her. "I'm never going to let that go."

"I kind of figured." Derek murmured and she rested her head on his shoulder. "You aren't going to run, are you?" He asked.

"I am not leaving Beacon Hills." Casey murmured. "I told you and Tye that I would stay, so I am going to stay." She stated and Derek nodded.

"Thank you, Casey, for being so damn stubborn." Derek murmured and she was nodding slightly at the words. "They're late." He said.

"They are teenagers." Casey reminded him patiently and Derek looked down at her. "Why the hell do I want to slap you right now?" She asked.

"Because I'm being an idiot? Judging from the look on your face." Derek said and she looked down at the floor. "You might feel like you have the weight of the whole world on your shoulders, Casey Branson, but I would gladly be there to bear it with you. If you're willing to let me." Derek said and she was shaking, as she sat down in the corner. "In here, does it still scare you?" He asked.

"Not when you're here." Casey murmured quietly and Derek crouched in front of her and he was shaking his head.

"You remember the first time that you came here with Laura and I? What did Mom ask you and I?" He asked and she chuckled.

"How many arrows had I put in your stomach" before then." Casey murmured and Derek nodded. "How many had I shot into you?" She asked and Derek looked at her.

"None. You had only shot me once and it was with a bullet. I appeared behind you in your room and you were home alone in a house full of weapons." Derek said and she nodded. "That's why I never try to sneak up on you anymore." He said and she looked up. "What do you do if you're going through hell?"

"Find a way through?" Casey asked hesitantly and he nodded. "It is kind of hard to find a way through, when you're living it." She mumbled and Derek looked up, as he heard footsteps. "Who is it?" She asked and he growled. Derek stood up and he stared at the doorway, as Casey did her best to get up. "Derek?" She asked and when he looked at her, now his fangs were growing.

"Stay behind me." Derek growled softly and she nodded slightly. Derek snarled at the doorway, until he saw that it was Erica and Boyd and his fangs disappeared. "It is okay." He murmured and she nodded a bit.

After Erica and Boyd had left, Casey drew her gun and now it was pointed directly at Peter Hale now... who caught the shard of mirror that Derek had thrown at him. "I had expected a slightly warmer welcome. But... point taken." Peter noted as Casey was inching closer to Derek, as the two of them were glaring at Peter and Casey, she was ready to kill him all over again if he had to.

"Quite a situation it is, that you have managed to get yourself into here, Derek. I mean, that I'm only out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly, there's lizard people, geriatric psychopaths, and you're cooking up werewolves out of every self-esteem-deprived adolescent in town." Peter said.

"Is there a point to this?" Casey asked coldly and Peter looked at her, or rather, at the gun that she was pointing at him. "Or are you just going to talk the both of us to death, because we have better things to do." She stated.

"Oh, right, you are still trusting a hunter and kid, who just so happens to be your baby mama." Peter said.

"Can I kill him again, please?" Casey asked coldly and the bullet clicked into the chamber, as Peter held his hands up. "Put the shard down, dumbass." Casey said and he did so.

"What do you want?" Derek asked.

"Well, I want to help."

"Bullshit." Casey saw that Tye was standing behind Peter, who looked at his younger nephew.

"Nice to see you too..." Tye flung him away and Casey put her gun away, as she watched as Derek and Tye beat the crap out of Peter with a satisfied smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~

"Why would I want help from a total psycho?" Derek asked after the beating was over and Casey was sitting in the corner as Tye was off in the woods somewhere.

"First of all, I'm not a total psycho. And by the way, you're the one who slashed my throat wide open."

"You killed Laura, he had every right to tear your throat out." Casey interrupted and Peter looked at her. "If you think I'm going to just stay quiet, then you're just as dumb as you were seven years ago when you tried to intimidate me then." Casey said and Peter stared at her, before he shook his head.

"Well, Derek, you sure did pick a stubborn one. But at least she isn't as crazy as Kate." Peter said and Casey was looking at Derek, who wasn't looking at her. "Unless you haven't told her. Wow, good luck with that one."

Derek looked up and a howl echoed through the woods. "Hunters... That was Tye." He said and Casey looked at him as his eyes glowed red.

"Go." Casey said and he took off.

~~~~~~~

Boyd was down on his knees now on the forest floor with a whole bunch of arrows in him, while Tye was the one stuck like a pincushion. But Tye got back up, he kept getting up and Allison kept shooting.

"Stop it! Stop it, Allison, please!" Erica cried out from behind them and Tye pulled one of the arrows out of his arm and as soon as he did, another one replaced it and Tye spat blood onto the ground. "Please, stop, Allison, please!" Erica screamed as Tye was slowing and he barely caught the last arrow, as he was spitting blood. A gunshot rang out and Chris Argent, he had broken the longbow and Tye fell onto the ground. "Tye." Erica said and he looked at her. "Why did you help us? You didn't have to leave your brother."

"That-that is what a pack does. We-we protect one another." Tye whispered and he slumped onto the ground, and he was bleeding into the forest floor.

Tye dimly heard someone calling for him and he managed to let out a weak howl as he slumped back onto the blood-soaked ground and he felt someone quickly pulling the arrows out, one by one.

"Tye, Tye!" Derek was saying and Tye looked up at him with blurry eyes. "Hey, hey, it's me."

"It's actually you?" Tye whispered and his eyes blurred, as he felt blackness encroaching on his vision.

"I swear to God, it's me." Derek said and he picked up Tye, who was slumping at the contact as he sighed. "I'm gonna get you home, I swear." He said and Tye looked up at him with blurry eyes before they closed. "I'm gonna get you home."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

706 28 9
An Argent and a Hale. How rare- Oh wait. Ha-ha ✧❁❁❁✧✿✿✿✧❁❁❁✧ 22-year-old Olivia Argent left for university right as she turned 18. She kn...
1.8M 55.8K 137
"Mine," he answered as his forehead touched her's. A serious expression set across his face. "That all depends," she replied. "On what?" "If you keep...
21.7K 697 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...