Sailing With Destiny

Bookworm_Tina tarafından

"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I l... Daha Fazla

Preface
Paris
Pont des Arts
Monte Carlo
Sumptuous Repast
BlackJack
St Tropez
Friend or Foe
Provoke
Morning Coffee
Portofino
Kayak
Kiss it Better
Tuscany
Off-route: London
Brotherly Things
The Marino's
Frustration
Corsica
Cherry
Ibiza
A Night in Ibiza
Costa Blanca
Cupcakes
Cumpleaños
Fiesta
Old Wounds
Homebound
Vacation Over
New York
Bubbles and Beer
Petty
Class Day
Celebrate
Priorities
A Magical Day
I Hate My Birthday
Intern
Millie Bee
Summit
That Escalated
Ego
Liquid Courage
Predicament
Corporate Sexy
Dinner at Dad's 2.0
Anti-Mila
Voice of Reason
Fragile
Talk To Me
A Little Better
Not What You Need
Revelation And Secrets
Forgive Me?
Space
The Night Begins
Can The Night End Already
I don't Know You Anymore
He's Still My Friend
I Got You, Always
Wedding Date
Friends
The Calm
Before
The Storm
I Promise
I Hate Halloween
Best Friend or Girlfriend?
Decisions, Decisions
I Can't Live Without You
I Will Survive
Nostalgic
Holiday Surprises
I Trusted You
I Trusted You Too
Always
Mark My Words
Call It Destiny

A Mental Maze

821 41 76
Bookworm_Tina tarafından

Mitchell's POV

I read over the note Mila left behind for what must've been the hundredth time. Shame and guilt washed over me each time I read her sincere, sweet words. She came over intending to gift me something and possibly remind me of her feelings. It took one moment for everything to be ruined and it was all my fault. 

"I love you, always. Your Milo," I read over and over. 

I almost squashed the note out of frustration but stopped myself. I folded it in half and kept it in my pocket and then kicked the coffee table. I tugged at the roots of my hair and for the umpteenth time tried to recall what happened the previous night. 

I checked my phone but Mila still hadn't even opened my texts. I needed to talk to her but also knew that I had nothing to say. The toxicology reports weren't in yet and waiting was torture. I needed to prove myself to Mila. However, I knew that whether I was intoxicated or not, if I slept with Liza, I would've lost Mila forever. 

When I got back from Mila's place, Liza was still at the penthouse. She appeared or pretended to be confused and as out of it as me, but it was difficult for me to believe her. She claimed not to recall what happened either, but I didn't know if that was true. I repeatedly asked if we had sex, but she insisted she didn't know. 

With a sigh, I picked up the sweater Mila got me. She was allergic to anything corny but still got us matching sweaters. If I wasn't so mad and upset, I'd have laughed at the pattern that she deliberately chose. The green sweater had a reindeer with his mouth open, throwing up candy canes and other Christmas knickknacks. She must've been in a good mood when she got the sweater made because mine had the word nice on it. 

I felt like shit when I thought about how badly things turned out. I began to doubt if ending our relationship was ever a good idea. But it didn't matter if I was guilty of what she suspected. I knew she'd never want to even look at me let alone rekindle our relationship if I slept with Liza or anyone else for that matter. 

The waiting drove me insane. I got up and began to pace. I stared out the large window with the view of the city. I watched snowflakes fall from the sky to try and distract my mind, but it didn't work. 

Maybe I shouldn't have canceled my flight back home. Mom isn't happy about it either, but I can't leave things with Mila as they are and pretend to be happy. 

It seemed that spending the holidays together wasn't meant for us. The first time, she got into that awful accident which I still believed was my fault and now she was to spend her holidays heartbroken because of me... again. 

Just then my phone received a notification. I rushed to grab it and hoped it was Mila or my test results. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't Mila but relieved that those damn results were finally in. 

Anxiously, I opened the results and read over them. I understood most of it but had to do a little research because of the medical terms. I was relieved but even angrier when, unsurprisingly, drugs were found in my system. 

My fingers tightened around the phone, and I tossed it on the sofa out of anger. I knew something was amiss. I hadn't had many hangovers in my life and the few I had, I always remembered what happened. The only time my memory failed me was, once again, when I was with Liza, and I mixed alcohol with meds. 

On both occasions, Liza was involved. Now that it was confirmed, I was embarrassingly drugged, I needed to get to the bottom of what happened. I was an idiot to not kick Liza out the second I saw her face. I wished I'd never met her, she did nothing but ruin my life and it was high time, I made it clear that I never wanted to see her again. 

I picked up my phone, just in case Mila would've responded, and headed for the front door. I had no idea where Liz stayed but I was going to find out. Just as I was about to leave, I got a call from security downstairs. 

I wouldn't have answered if I hadn't waited to hear anything from Mila. I knew it was futile but there was a tiny bit of hope she was downstairs to see me – even if it was just to throw the charm bracelet in my face. 

I shouldn't hold my breath, not after I saw our shattered photo frame on the floor and the picture ripped in half. 

"Yes?"

"Mr. Clarke, there is a Ms. Bernard who wishes to see you, may I send her up?"

It took me a moment to comprehend the words I'd just heard. I shouldn't have been surprised that Liza would've still shown up after everything. I supposed it saved me a job to find and confront her. I wasn't happy about it, but I allowed her in. 

I grew more agitated as I waited for her to arrive. I heard a soft knock and immediately opened the door. Liza stared up at me wide-eyed and I noticed her gulp. 

"You have some nerve showing your face again," I spat. 

"I want to clarify things, that's all."

I ground my teeth together and took a breath to calm myself before I stepped out of the way and allowed her in. I shut the door and she was about to discard her coat, but I stopped her. 

"You won't be here long enough so don't bother."

Liza appeared offended but I didn't give a fuck. She sighed and nodded before she followed me into the living room. 

"I never thought I'd see the day you look at me with hatred," Liza muttered. 

"Hate is still an emotion," I flatly spoke. "When it comes to you, I feel indifferent."

"Just when I thought my week couldn't get any worse," Liza muttered. 

"Cut the crap, Liza." I showed her the toxicology report. "Proof that you drugged me."

"What?" Liza looked at me as if I'd falsely accused her of murder. 

"Do not play innocent," I snapped. "It's written in black and white that Rohypnol was in my system."

Liza read over the words on the screen and frowned. "I agree with what's written here but you're accusing the wrong person."

I angrily tossed my phone on the couch. "Your lies don't fucking work on me anymore!" 

Startled, Liza flinched but I didn't care what she felt. "I knew you were a lowlife, but I'd never imagined you'd stoop to this level." I stared at her in disgust. "I agree you're pathetic but are you also that desperate to drug someone to have sex with you?"

Liza was not impressed with my words. She curled her hands into fists at her side, pursed her lips, and clenched her jaw. "Watch how you speak to me."

I took a step closer and glared. "If I had it my way and if you could take a hint, I'd never speak to you ever again."

"You can't throw accusations at me without any proof!" Liza exclaimed. "I came here to apologize for not speaking civilly the last time. But you are way out of line. The Mitch I knew was never this disrespectful toward women."

"Woman?" I scoffed. "You're the opposite of the women in my life. You're nothing but a self-centered, self-motivated, lying, narcissistic bitch!"

Liza's eyes pooled with tears and her mouth parted. She stared at me for a long moment, wounded. But I knew her tricks too well to fall for it again. 

"Save the fucking tears and excuses. I see right through all of it and none of it matters to me anymore. If you think your false tears are going to get me to look past what you did, you're mistaken."

"I did nothing," she muttered in a small voice. "I didn't even know this was your place until you opened the door."

I grew impatient and angrier by the second. "I don't believe a single word you're saying."

Liza huffed. "I don't remember what happened last night either. Has it occurred to you that perhaps I was drugged too? I was picked up and brought here for a client that had another name. With the way things played out on my end, there's a possibility that you drugged me?"

I stared at her in disbelief for a moment. "Why would I ever want to see you again when I've made it clear, multiple times that I want nothing to do with you?"  

"Alright, I'll play along but first, a few points to be noted," I put up a finger. "Why would I invite you here and then drug you to get you in bed with me? I think we both can agree that you wouldn't need drugs to sleep with me."

"If I wanted art, there is no way I would associate myself with anything that involves you," I bitterly spat. "If I was the one who drugged you, why would I get a drug test done? And another very important point, I didn't hand you anything to drink or eat. On the contrary, I was the one who left my drink unattended for a while when you were here."

"Another point," I added. "If I wanted to see you, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of getting my secretary to contact you at work. I would've just called and you would've been here in a heartbeat. 

"And the most important point, you must really not know me at all if you'd think I'd ever cheat on Mila, especially with you of all people."

Liza gulped and was on the verge of crying, but I didn't give a fuck. "I don't know you anymore. This isn't the Mitch I love... loved."

The mere sight of her made my blood boil and I had to remind myself that she was a woman - I needed to keep my temper in check. "Of course, I'm not because you're nothing but a stranger that I once knew. I feel nothing for you and after what you did, I wouldn't blink if you dropped dea-"

I cut myself short and took in a breath. No matter who she was, it wasn't me for being so cruel, but I despised her for what she did. I pulled at my hair in frustration and eyed the bar for a moment but knew better. However, I spotted a sealed pack of cigarettes and grew weak. I promised myself that for Mila's sake I'd never smoke again, and I did well on that promise... until now. 

"Since when do you smoke?" Liza asked just as I took a puff. 

I ignored her and the cigarette did nothing to calm me. 

"Since you don't believe me, I'm going to go."

"Even if there was an ounce of truth in what you said, I can't believe you. You've done nothing but lie and manipulate," I retorted. "And you've been so desperate to get in touch with me, I wouldn't put this past you."

"I'm not about breaking the law nor am I into engaging in sexual activities with a semi-conscious person."

I narrowed my eyes and stepped closer. "How do you know I was semi-conscious and not unconscious?"

Liza groaned under her breath. "Stop analyzing everything I say! I'm only assuming you were. As I said, I don't remember anything either!"

"So, why didn't you get a test done?"

"Because I know it will be po-" she cut herself off and lowered her gaze. 

I took another puff. "A positive test might've made your case stronger."

She lifted her gaze but couldn't look me in the eye. "Whether I was drugged with Rohypnol or not, the test would come back positive and that could ruin my career."

I frowned and it took me a moment to understand what she meant. "You're using?"

"I don't think you care about my answer."

If I wasn't so blinded by rage, a tiny part of me would've felt bad for her. Liza didn't have that spark in her she once had. She appeared drained and almost lifeless. 

"You're right, I don't," I coldly spat. "Although, I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Liza looked at me as if I'd just stabbed her in the heart. I noticed tears escape the corner of her eyes but she quickly turned around and wiped them away. I felt indifferent toward everything because I couldn't get the image of how broken Mila was. I wasn't innocent but Liza also played a huge role in too many things that went wrong in Mila's life. 

Liza sniffed and faced me. "I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll go."

"Make sure it's for good." I stepped in front of her before she walked off. I stared bitterly into her bloodshot eyes. "If you ever try something like this with me again, I will make you so sorry that no drug or any form of intoxication will help you."

She gulped and tears pooled in her eyes again. "You're threatening me now?"

"It's not a threat but a promise. You've fucked with mine and Mila's life one too many times and so help me if you try again."

"Noted," Liza's voice cracked. She wiped away her tears with the back of her palm. "It's sad to see what we've become but I guess that's life."

"There is no we and I regret that there ever was." I looked at her in distaste. "Standing here, looking at you, I don't know what I ever saw in you."

She scrutinized my features for a long moment. "Ditto." She was about to walk away but stopped and stared into my eyes. "By the way, the tree that you speak of is dead. Dad died some time back and that's why I tried to get ahold of you not because I craved a lousy dick appointment."

I was left stunned for a minute and a tiny part of me felt bad. I never lost someone like that, but I saw what it did to Mila and wouldn't have wished it on anyone. However, it was Liza's problem and people died all the time – I couldn't be there for everyone. As a human, I hoped she found her way again, just as long as her path never crossed mine. 

"Goodbye, Mitchell," Liza called from behind. I remained in my spot and never bothered to turn around. I puffed the cigarette between my fingertips and heard the door shut. 

***

"Mila, I know you don't want to talk to me but please hear me out. I've test..." I sighed. "Just call or text me when you're ready. Please."

I tossed my phone on the seat and hid my face in my palm. I knew how stubborn Mila was but this time it was different. It wasn't just obstinance, but I hurt her, badly. I wanted to drive to her dad's place and force her to talk to me but respected that she wanted space and to be with her family. 

I'd smoked half the pack of cigarettes because I refused to consume any alcohol. Smoking didn't help but it stopped my mind from dwelling. 

My heart felt as if it would've jumped out of my chest when I heard the front doorbell. Security didn't confirm with me to allow anyone in, so it had to have been a familiar face and the only person I knew that was around was Mila. 

Could it be her?

I ran to the door and opened it but the moment I was greeted by a pair of familiar green eyes, my heart sank. 

"Oh, it's you." I left the door open and walked back inside. 

"Merry Christmas to you too, bro," Katie shut the door and followed me in. 

With a small grunt, I sat back in my seat and reached for my phone. I'd never checked my phone as much as I did in the last twenty-four hours. 

"You look like crap," Katie looked at me with judgment. "When last did you sleep? Or shower?"

I ran a hand over my face. "I'm not in the mood to talk," I dryly said. "What are you doing here? I thought you'd be with Mom and Dad at home."

Katie remained silent and scrutinized me for a moment. She looked around the room and sniffed the air. "You've been smoking. A lot."

I sighed. "Kate, not to be rude but I'd prefer to be alone."

"Kate?" Katie's eyes widened a fraction. "I'm used to Katie or Kathryn when you're mad but it's very, very rare that you call me Kate."

"Merry Christmas, Katie," I forced a grin. "Now take the next flight home. Mom and Dad shouldn't be alone during the holidays."

"They won't be," Katie replied. "I missed my flight last night and when I was about to leave this morning, Mom called and told me they were coming here because you bailed. Leo mentioned Mila would be here, so I came over to tell you to clean up the love nest before our parents arrive."

"Although I'm beginning to think..." Kate looked around the room again. "This place looks less like a love nest and more as someone died in here."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and reached for another cigarette. Before I could light it, Katie snatched it out of my hand. Her actions pissed me off and I was ready to snap at her but when I looked at my sister's concerned face, I knew it was unfair to take my bad mood out on her. 

I opened my palm. "Give it back."

"When Mom gets here and smells this place, she's gonna kill you." Katie grabbed the carton and shoved it into her pocket. "I thought you stopped this crap."

"Old habits are die-hard."

"What happened?" Katie softly asked. "Since Mila didn't return home yesterday and hasn't been seen all of today, everyone assumed you two made up and are making up for lost time." 

"Made up," I scoffed but just then Katie's words became clearer. "What did you say? Mila hasn't been home since yesterday?"

"No. Her dad was freaking out a little, but Leo calmed him down and explained that you two must be together."

I stilled and grew worried. Mila wasn't responding to my texts or calls. "Has anyone tried calling her?"

"Her dad did but she didn't answer."

My mind raced and I couldn't think properly. I knew Mila liked space when she was upset but she said she was heading home to be with her family the last time we spoke. I didn't understand why she'd disappear like that. 

I raked my fingers through my hair and picked up my phone. Katie got worried and asked me what was wrong, but I ignored her and waited for Mila to answer. But her phone went straight to voicemail, and it made me anxious. 

"Mila, I know you hate me but respond to me or your family to let us know you're alright. Please."

"Mitchy, you're scaring me," Katie's eyes were wide. "When did Mila leave?"

"Yesterday morning. She walked in..." I huffed and cursed under my breath. "Let's just say I fucked up big time and she stormed out."

"And you didn't think to call someone else to check in?"

"I didn't think she'd go MIA. She made it clear she was going home to her family."

Katie ran her fingers through her hair and paced back and forth. "I've got to call Leo and let him know. Her dad had a bad feeling, but Leo and the rest of the family told him he was paranoid."

"Don't go there," I said in a snappy tone. "Mila's impulsive. She was very upset and probably wanted some time for herself."

I sent what felt like the hundredth text in the last twenty-four hours to Mila. All my texts were delivered but not read. I tried to call again but it only rang and eventually went to voicemail. 

"I'm going to call Leo," Katie muttered but just as she was about to, the front doorbell rang. I stopped Katie in hopes it was Mila. 

I rushed to the door and was once again disappointed when the blue eyes I wanted to see weren't Mila's but Kelsey's. 

"Merry Christmas," she grinned. "Busy?"

"Kels?" I frowned. "I thought you left for London."

"May I?" The ever-polite Kelsey asked to be invited in and I stepped aside. She discarded her coat and hung it up. 

"As great as it is to see you, now's a bit of a bad time."

"Hello Kate," Kelsey smiled. "Always a pleasure seeing you."

Katie faked a grin and didn't hide her dislike toward Kelsey. "As Mitchy said, now isn't a good time so if you could take a U-turn and head out, we'd appreciate it."

"Katie," I scolded her not to be rude, but she typically ignored me. 

"It's alright," Kelsey kindly said. "I understand all of you might be stressed right now."

Katie walked around the set of sofas and made her way over. With a deep frown, she stared Kelsey up and down twice. "What do you mean?"

"You can't reach Mila, right?" Kelsey said. 

I was taken aback at how she knew that. Kelsey went on to explain that she received a call from Mila yesterday. Mila was in tears and told her how betrayed and heartbroken she was by me. Mila filled Kelsey in on everything that happened and said she wanted to disappear for a while. Kelsey felt terrible and didn't want Mila to be alone, so she took the next flight out. 

Kelsey knew exactly what Mila walked into the previous morning – almost as if she was there too. I knew they were close but not that close. However, I was glad that Mila had someone she confided in. 

"Why would she call you?" Kate crossed her arms. "Why not Leo? Or her family?"

Kelsey shrugged. "I don't know but I'm worried about her that's why I'm here."

Desperately, I turned to Kelsey. "Have you seen her? Is she alright? Where is she?"

Kelsey rested her hands on my shoulders and calmed me down. "Why don't you have a seat, I'll pour you a drink, and then we'll talk."

Katie rudely removed one of Kelsey's hands off my shoulder and stood close beside me. "Mitchy doesn't need a drink. As you said, we're stressed and worried, so we need answers."

"Kathryn," I warned under my breath. 

Kelsey looked a little offended, but she was never one for conflict and always remained kind. She smiled and removed her other hand. "Mila is fine. She sent a text not too long ago."

"Let me guess, another text to you," Katie's tone was bitter and held some sort of accusation. 

I turned to her and glowered. "Instead of being rude to Kelsey, we should appreciate that she has some news about Mila. We can't say that much for Leo, huh?"

Katie rolled her eyes. "This isn't about your jealousy war with Leo, it's about Mila." Katie stared at Kelsey with distaste. "I find it strange that Mila would share her grief with Kelsey of all people. There are only two people Mila confides in and it's either you or Leo."

"I fully agree," Kelsey said. "Given Mila and I have grown close in the recent months and has shared a lot of her feelings with me, I was surprised that she reached out to me instead of Leo."

"But then it made sense, she has no one else. She doesn't like to stress Leo out and considering she insists Mitch cheated on her, he's the last person she wants to talk to."

Kelsey's words were correct, but they still stung. It bothered me that Mila had no one else and I was to blame. She always told me I was her home and I not only abandoned but also betrayed her. 

"Something doesn't add up." Katie pursed her lips and shook her head. "I've seen Mitchy in love and relationships before, he is the epitome of loyalty. He never cheated on any random girl, there is no way he'd cheat on Mila. I've never seen him love anyone more than her."

I appreciated Katie's trust in me, but I didn't know if anything happened or not. Liza insisted she didn't know either and it didn't help my case. 

"Right?" Katie directed the question at me. 

I sighed. "I don't recall what happened last night. All I know is I woke up, clothed, but Liza was next to me. I also know that I was drugged. Everything that happened between having a drink and waking up is wiped from my mind." 

"So, are you saying Liza drugged you and then got you in bed with her?" Kelsey asked. 

I shrugged. "That's the only possible explanation. Although, I'm not convinced if she got me in bed with her. Drugged or not, if anything happened last night, it was still my doing and my actions deserve to be accounted for." 

"Liza might be a lot of things, but she's terrified of breaking any law. Remember how she freaked out when she almost walked out of a store without paying for something? There's no way she'd use illegal drugs and then assault you. Besides, she doesn't have the physical strength to get you in bed with her," Katie said. 

"Liza as a teenager and an adult are two different people. She confessed to using drugs and that makes her defense weaker. If she has access to who knows what she uses, she has access to Rohypnol," I pointed out. 

Katie still wasn't convinced. "I still don't believe it. It feels more like Liza was at the wrong place at the wrong time." Katie stared at Kelsey. "Or someone conveniently invited her because I doubt Liza knows your address."

Katie made sense and I thought of every possibility that led me to this moment but there was always a loose string that didn't tie up. I felt exhausted and a headache approached. "I don't know what happened, all I know is that I fucked up!"

"Relax. Getting worked up isn't going to solve anything." Kelsey placed her hand on my shoulder. 

"Yeah, sweeping this under the rug and then hoping it blows over works better, right?" Katie sarcastically said. "Maybe Mila will forget all of this or better, she'll never take Mitch back and hate him forever." 

I didn't understand why Katie was so bitter toward Kelsey. I felt awful when Kelsey slowly removed her hand and took a step back. 

"I didn't mean it like that," she muttered. "I'm sorry if –"

"There's no need to apologize," I cut her off. I sternly stared at Katie. "Kelsey is only trying to help. I don't see why you need to be rude. She's got a lot going on too and wanted to spend the holidays in her childhood home in honor of her dad but came back just for me and Mila."

"Mitch it's okay, you don't -" Kelsey said.

"No, it's not okay," I insisted. "You don't deserve to be treated like this when you've been my best friend when I needed it the most. You were there for Mila too and you have no idea how much that means."

"She's been such a great help that she got me to tell Leo to convince Mila to see you on Christmas Eve," Katie said in a bitter tone. "I wanted to get our conversation over with quickly, so I never gave what she said much thought but now it all seems very convenient."

I heard Katie loud and clear but was done with our conversation. I loved my sister but didn't want her around for some time. "Enough."

Katie clenched her jaw and glared. "Your law degree is just a piece of paper because you can't see anything!"

"Kathryn."

Katie shook her head and sulked. She was too used to everything going her way and hated being wrong, but this wasn't a random debate, it involved lives and people I cared about. 

I ignored my sister's tantrum and turned my attention to Kelsey who looked out of place. "What did Mila text you?"

"Finally, the right questions are asked," Katie commented, and I warned her with my eyes to stay silent. 

Kelsey opened the text and showed it to me, 

Mila Brinson: Hi Kels. Merry Christmas, I'm sorry I made it a little less merry. I just feel so trapped with nowhere else to go. You're the only person I can turn to during this feeling of isolation. I can't get what happened out of my mind and my head is in a dark, cold, scary place. I need to get away from this hell or I'll lose my mind. Only I can save myself. I decided to go away for a while. I'm heading to Spain to be with my grandparents for the holidays. I'll contact you when I'm back, please tell everyone I wanted some space. Thank you for being the only person I can count on. I appreciate you.

I read the text multiple times and almost heard the desperation in her words. Mila never sent long texts, not even to me, but she poured her heart out to Kelsey. I handed the phone back to Kelsey and was tempted to pour a drink but now more than ever, I needed to be sober and alert. 

"Spain?" Katie raised a brow. "With her grandparents?"

Before Katie was able to utter another word, I grabbed her hand. "I said not another word out of you!" 

Startled by my tone, Katie's eyes widened, and she appeared a little scared. I felt bad for yelling at her for the first time in our adult lives but she deserved it at that moment. 

"I think you need to leave," I said coldly. "You're not helping anyone by being here."

Katie was hurt. "Mitchy..."

"You're not a kid anyone and I'm not Dad who will tolerate your childish tantrums." 

"Mitch, don't -" Kelsey tried to reason. 

I put up my hand. "Don't defend her when she's been out of line with you." I turned my attention back to Katie. "Take my car and fetch Mom and Dad from the airport. Cool off and then we'll talk, alright?"

Katie shrugged her arm out of my hold and glared. "Screw you!"

Katie stormed toward the front door, and I followed her. I grabbed her coat and handed it to her. "Drive safe."

"You don't deserve Mila and I hope she never wants to see you again!" Katie shoved the coat in my hands. "And this isn't mine, dumbass."

She took her coat. "I can't believe I thought you were the smart one out of us. You are so blind and..." 

I didn't hear the rest of Katie's words when something shiny caught my eye. My attention was diverted, and I was sucked back into reality by my sister's voice. 

"I'll fetch Mom and Dad but won't bring them back here to their disappointment of a son."

Katie opened the door but before she left, I quickly pulled her into a hug. 

"Ew, get away! I don't like hugging you on good terms, what makes you think I –"

"Trust me," I whispered near her ear.

Katie stopped resisting and stilled. I hugged her a little tighter and pulled away. Katie stared wide-eyed at me, and I reassured her with my eyes before she turned and walked off. 

I shut the door, took in a deep breath, and headed back in. I grinned when my eyes met Kelsey's and slowly, her mouth lifted at the corners, and she smiled back.

A/N Happy New Year beautiful people! I'm so sorry for my late update, I've been away, still am but found time to proofread this chapter and update.

Do you think Mitch suspects Kelsey or is he as blinded by friendship as Katie says?

Let me know your thoughts,
Till then,
Tina

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
221K 13.3K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
6.1K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
167 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...