starlight - jaylor AU

By caffeine_and_writing

Two musicians, one school. Taylor wants to start fresh studying the thing she loves most and getting away fr... More

moving
residence hall
first day of classes
we can just be friends
cardigan
lets work together
bookstore
the mall
confused in the best way
date
kissing in secret
be mine
secret is out
intervention
doctors office
delicate
beginning of recovery
avatar and walking in on a compromizing situation
i'm thankful for you
downtown boston
the train
some things can't be forgiven
Champagne problems
baby its cold outside
i love you
exile
christmas
new years eve
NEW BOOK

epilogue

365 23 13
By caffeine_and_writing

- Taylors Pov -

«Come on slowpoke. the uber is outside and we need to get to the Lincoln center my 11am» Joe calls for me through the bathroom door where I'm getting ready. We are graduating today from Julliard and my stomach is filled with butterflies. «Coming» I yell out before I finish applying my red lipstick and go out to meet him.

«We are going to make it in time. Don't worry» I say and put away my phone in my gown. Caps and gowns have improved over the years, ours have pockets which comes in handy. They are navy blue because it's the main color for Julliard.

We head downstairs together where Selena and tom are already waiting for us. The four of us live in a two-bedroom apartment that we all pitch in rent for. Sophomore year we all stayed in the dorms again, but during the fall semester tom and Selena accepted that they had feelings for one another and started dating. By the end of the year the four of us decided to get an apartment together so we didn't have to live in the dorm, and we have been doing that for the last two years.

We live right across the Hudson River in Brooklyn because we got a good deal on rent for an apartment there. We split it even four ways and it's not that bad actually. I actually never had to take out student loans myself, but I don't put my nose in the others finances. Since we come from different economic backgrounds it's obviously a sensitive topic, so we just don't talk about it. It's been good though, living off campus and having our own space.

Together we have decided that we are going to keep living there for a while longer while we build up founds from our new jobs. I have a record deal I signed a few weeks ago. It's been waiting for me for the last year because they scouted me and wanted to sign me, but we agreed that I should finish school first because a degree couldn't hurt. Joe has a new job starting soon with a New York orchestra that works at the Lincoln center and plays at the New York City ballet's performances. Selena has a job in the same orchestra while tom just a few days ago got the call that he has a spot on a Broadway show. Things are looking good for all of us.

We enter through a side door and take our seats on the first few rows. There are 50 students graduating from our music grade. We were more when we started but people have fallen off along the way. There is a lot of pressure being at Julliard and some people don't last the full four years sadly. But me and my friends made it and I'm so proud of all of us.

**

After the ceremony I'm officially a graduate from Julliard with my bachelor's in music vocal arts, and I have a record deal. Things are good for me these days, and after years of therapy I've learned to accept that life can bring good things with it.

Joe and I separate from Selena and tom to go meet our families where we agreed to meet up. They have become friends over the last few years since Joe and I are dating. I was nervous for if they got along or not, but clearly, I had nothing to worry about.

«Joe, Taylor!» Patrick comes running when he sees us approaching us and wrap us in big hugs. He is 16 years old now, Turning 17 years old in the fall and in remission. It took a few weeks, but his white blood counts came up and the hardest part of the treatment, the riskiest part, was a success. When Joe got the call from his brother about him being brought out of the bubble Joe sobbed and I held him and got the rest of the information from Patrick because Joe couldn't even talk at that point. Ever since Joe is still a nervous wreck when it comes to his checkups and stuff, but so far, it's looking like Patrick will have a long future. There is always a chance for a relapse, but Patrick is choosing to live his life and not constantly worry about it. It's taken some time, but Joe is starting to calm down a little about it. I might not know what it's like to have a brother with cancer, but I do know what it's like being worried about your brother and I can get that part. Not to mention that I've gotten really close to Patrick over the years too, he is like my second brother at this point, and he calls me all the time.

When Patrick lets go we go to join the rest of our family and exchange hugs with them all. Joes' parents actually seem to be acting civil today, so that's good news. They ended up divorcing the summer after our freshman year after Patrick blew up on them and told them that they couldn't keep doing this just because he got cancer. It had been brewing for a while, but they are better coparenting apart than together.

«Teffy, teffy, teffy. Look at you in a cap and gown» my brother grins at me and I punch his shoulder before going in for a hug. He attends Washington university and play football for them. He was recruited from high school and got a full scholarship to play on the football team, so far, he is doing amazing. His goal is still making the NFL and looks like the chances for that are looking good.

«Soon that will be you. Well, if you don't decide to get drafted early that is» he is entering his junior year now, and technically you can enter the draft after that, but I hope he finishes his degree, so he has something to fall back on. «I'll finish school, don't worry about that. I'm not stupid. And besides, I can't be worse than you right, you got your degree and I'm right behind you sis»

Our parents made a reservation at a restaurant close to where we are, so we walk over there to enjoy a late lunch together. My eating disorder is better. I still struggle with thoughts and sometimes I catch myself doing behaviors that's so engraved in me that they are hard to manage at times. But I'm a healthy weight and can eat whatever I want when I want. It's still always there in the back of my mind, but it doesn't control my life anymore.

**

Joe wants to take me somewhere, so we hand our cap and gowns to our parents that will take them to their hotel room for now. They are staying here this weekend to celebrate with us, but Joe wanted to do something with me right now. I don't know what, but we make our way to downtown Manhattan, and he hold my hand as we walk to the highline. It's a park we have been to several times, but it's the park we went to on our first date. It's built on an old subway track and it's really cool, I love walking here in the spring and summer.

«What are we doing here Joe?» I bite my lip and try not to trip in my heels. Good thing I didn't go for sky high heels today and stuck with two inches. At least I can walk in these without my feet killing me or risk tripping. A twisted ankle is not on my wish list for today.

«We are almost there» he says and eventually we stop where we can get a good look over the Hudson River to the Statue of Liberty. We stood somewhere along here and did the same thing on that first date.

«I wanted to do this in that music room on my old dorm floor, but they closed the dorms for the summer, and I couldn't bribe the security guards to get us in. So I took you here instead» he says and scratch the back of his neck. He is nervous, I can tell that much, but I don't know why he is nervous.

«Do what?» I ask and he takes my other hand too. His fingers are warm as always and my hands fit perfectly in them.

«I've wanted to do this for a while, but I held off to our graduation day because it seemed like the perfect moment to mark a new chapter for us. I love you Taylor, you're my whole world and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not as good with words as you, we both know that so I will make this short. There is no one I would rather spend my life with, you're everything to me and with you everything makes sense» he says, and tears are sliding down my face. I can already tell where he is going with this and I'm struggling to hold back from ugly crying.

He pulls a box out of his pocket before getting down on one knee opening the box. «This was my grandmothers ring and it's been passed down in generations in my family. It seemed fitting to pass it down to the love of my life. Taylor, will you marry me?» He says and I cover my mouth with my hand for a second before wiping away my tears.

«Of course I will marry you!» the words come out cracked but he heard what I said and slide the beautiful ring on my finger. I don't even hesitate because I know he is the right man for me. I've known it for a while and there is no reason to wait for this next step in our lives. Things are about to change now that we are done with school, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Change can be good, it really can because it can mark the beginning of a new adventure.

«It's you and me Taylor» he says as he stands up and wrap me in his arms before he crashes his lips against mine. The taste of his mouth is familiar, it's my happy place. Being with him is like coming home, home is wherever he is.

THE END

***

5+ comments and 15+ likes for next chapter 

Instagram: @caffeine_reading_writing

Instagram: Swiftielife__

Twitter: Swiftielife__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

944 96 12
2 years following the covid-19 lockdown, 16 year old Isabel De La Cruz feels fumbled and overwhelmed about school re-opening again. Sure, she might b...
32.3K 1.4K 31
- book five of the wisteria hearts series - *this book is dedicated to augustine πŸ’›* Taylor and Joe have had their fair share of drama, and even now...
29.3K 1.3K 63
Taylor is a beautiful naΓ―ve and very smart girl. She is organized and sweet. She aces her classes and doesn't care if the cool kids in their school h...
130K 3K 58
Y/n Y/L/n is a graduating student who aspires to become a singer. He met The Selena Gomez one day and his life changed. But It was never Easy. Selen...