Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|V|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|XII|

109 4 0
By risingdawn2022

"Night School"

_______________

"I swore that I would always protect you, Tye, which is what I am doing now. Stay here."

"No."

---------

Casey was still shaking from the surprise and shock of seeing the alpha up close, but she was remembering her training and remembering to start compartmentalizing.

But, Tye, he was still in complete and utter shock after the sight of his older brother being thrown like a ragdoll into the wall. "Tye, look at me." Casey said and he looked up at her and in a response to his obvious distress and fear of losing his brother, his eyes were shining a familiar golden yellow and his fangs were growing, forcing his mouth open wider. "Tye, hey." Casey said and she was looking at him. "Stay calm, Tye, or the alpha has already won." Casey said softly and Tye looked at her.

"How are you so calm?" Tye asked quietly and his voice was shaky, as he was nearly sobbing and now, his tears were making tracks down his face. "I just saw my brother, your best friend and the only person that you've ever told the weightiest secrets to, thrown across the school like a ragdoll!" Tye growled and Casey looked at him.

"I was trained from age 5 to compartmentalize my emotions, to push them away and down, in heavy times of high stress and to focus on a single goal or two and, right now, that is to make it out of here alive along with you, Scott, and Stiles as well. I am armed and so are you. You have your abilities, I have my weapons that I created and fixed up with no delay. Tye, what the hell is our goal?" Casey asked.

"To survive." Tye said and Casey looked at him, nodding slightly and Tye sighed. "To survive. To survive, to get ourselves out of here. Alive." Tye repeated.

"Exactly. Now, get the hell up." Casey ordered and Tye's eyes returned silently back to the normal earthy brown eyes that he shared with Derek, and the rest of the Hales. "Come on." She said as she stood up and so did Tye.

Scott and Stiles had watched the conversation, until they had found that Casey's and Stiles' car batteries had been flung through the window of the classroom. "Oh, nobody ever screws with my damn car." Casey snarled sharply at the sight of the battery, now sounding as if for a second, she was a newly bitten wolf for a second there.

Tye helped Scott quickly shove the desk in front of the boiler room door and just when they thought that they had the alpha trapped and Stiles was bragging, all about his plan to trap it, the alpha was getting out through the ceiling.

"Never brag about it, until you know that it worked for good, Stilinski!" Tye shouted and as the alpha came crashing down through the ceiling in behind their group that now included Lydia, Jackson and Allison he shouted at them to go. "Go!" Tye shouted at the group of sophomores as Casey yanked out her guns and she fired repeatedly at the alpha.

"Go, go, run!" Casey shouted as the teenagers took off and Casey was glad to see that the alpha was slowing a bit if only, even slightly, and Casey was running after the teenagers. "Keep going!" She shouted.

Casey groaned audibly at the moment in annoyance at the sight of quite literally all of their chairs, tables and stuff in front of the door. "Anyone have any other bright ideas? Considering we have a massive problem here?!" She snapped sharply.

"Okay, nice work. Really beautiful job, everyone. Now, what exactly should we do about the 20-foot wall of windows?"

"Shit." Casey agreed at once with Stiles on the windows, and then she stopped. "Hey, where the hell is Tye?" She asked.

"I-I just thought that he was with you!" Scott said and Casey suddenly felt sick, as she realized that she was dangerously close to losing two people that she cared about in one night.

"Deputy Branson?" Lydia asked and Casey fought hard, extraordinarily, to keep her emotions off of her face and she allowed herself ten seconds.

"Ten." The pain tore through her.

"Nine." The grief from losing Laura returned and thoughts burned into her mind.

"Eight." The worry that came from thinking about losing her friends and people that she cared about, it was rising again.

"Seven." The duty that she had to protect these teenagers, no matter the personal cost, was starting to clear her mind.

"Six." The words of the hunter's hunting code, it ran through her mind like a mantra.

"Five." The tears had stopped.

"Four." Determination to survive and to see that, these teenagers were able to survive surged through her.

"Three." A familiar protective anger was starting to bubble in her mind, a fierce urge that would keep out all others.

"Two." A fire began to burn behind her eyes, seeing red at the thought of Derek and Tye dying. A determination to kill the alpha, whoever it may be.

"One." The weakness was gone, the stone-cold hunter face was back.

"Can somebody please explain to me what is going on, because I am freaking out here. And I would like to know why. Scott?" Allison asked.

"Somebody killed the janitor. The janitor's dead." Stiles said.

"Who was it?!" Allison had demanded to know and Casey shook her head at Scott, who was opening his mouth and she had a terrible pit of worry in her stomach.

"Scott, don't. Please, don't." Casey whispered at the volume that only a werewolf could hear.

"It's Derek. It's Derek Hale." Scott said and to Casey, she felt the words like a slug to the gut and she looked at him with a terrible rage in her eyes.

"I have decent aim. But I can't hit anything, when I am trapped inside of a room with a bunch of hormonal, off your head, teenagers!" Casey snapped at Jackson, who had just insulted her aim and he looked at her. "If you piss me off right now, may God help you!"

Jackson backed up. "I have someone else I can call, but I don't know if he will pick up." She said and she dialed the phone, putting it against her right ear as she waited. "C'mon T, pick up."

She hung up the phone. "He's on his way." Casey said and she tucked away her phone. "I'm going with you, Scott."

They walked out of the Chemistry classroom and Casey held her gun in her hand. She nearly shot Tye, who was holding his side. "Oh, thank god." Casey whispered as she put her gun away and she threw her arms around him without delay. "How did you get away?" She asked.

"He isn't looking for me, Casey, he is looking for Scott. I managed to get a look at the parking lot, and... Derek is gone." Tye murmured. "He is, either... alive or... or, the Alpha just took his body to a more hidden spot." Tye was whispering.

Scott had gotten the key to the roof but their problems with the alpha, all were far from over as Scott was yelling and Tye was holding his head in terrible pain as he resisted the Alpha's howl with everything he had and he was still struggling to control his shift. "Casey, you have to go! You have to run!" Tye screamed at her and Casey was firing at the alpha, who was now running at her.

Casey avoided the massive beast's lunging attack, continuing to fire at it and she was seeing small spurts of black blood, which was indicating at least a bit of poison and Tye, he had gotten his control back and he lunged at the alpha from behind with a roar.

After they had gotten out of the school, Casey was driving Tye home and silently, she parked the car in the driveway and Tye looked at her with tears running down his face and she grabbed him, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Come here." Casey whispered as Tye's breathing was strangled by the sobs that shook his entire body. Until a knock came on the window and Casey looked up, as she stared at the shape.

"Tye." She said and Tye looked up, as Casey opened the door quickly and Tye leapt out of the car to hug Derek, who was wincing at the contact. "Oh god." She murmured and she joined the hug, as they were all crying and all of them, just very much relieved to be alive.

"You-you, you really did look dead this time." Tye whispered and Derek chuckled softly and Casey didn't say anything, as she shut her eyes.

"In the house, now, now." Casey murmured and Derek was the first one in, after Casey had flung open the door. Tye followed and Casey shut the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 1.5K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
6.9K 109 31
This is once again another Teen Wolf fanfiction. ----- Everything was over....right? Wrong. There has been a disease outbreak in Beacon Hills. It's a...