𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙚 �...

By failedpaperairplane

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════ "Do you want to become a swan?" "..." "A what?" A typical person being transmigrated into... More

◦༻ Boring Have To Knows
◦༻ Outfits/Clothing
◦༻ Songs To Listen To While Reading
◦༻ 1...The Lotus and The White Feather
◦༻ 2...The Old Lady and The Swan
◦༻ 3...Whats worse? A Dance Teacher or a Man Dressed In Red
◦༻ 4...The God and The Clueless
◦༻ 5...An Unlucky Person, For Sure
◦༻ 6...Death Caught Up To Me
◦༻ 7...Da Hong? Who?
◦༻ 8...A First Glimpse Of A Past Life
◦༻ 9...The Shared Emotions Of My Duplicate
◦༻ 10...You Fancy Yourself Insane?
◦༻ 11...How About I Brush Your Hair
◦༻ 12...There's A Ghost Behind You
◦༻ 13...Misunderstanding Ontop Of Misunderstanding
◦༻ 14...God Help Me, Wait, Nevermind
◦༻ 15...Blood Stains A Swan
◦༻ Misfortune Of A Swan*+*Season II Teaser
◦༻ 16...Death In The Cold Blood
◦༻ 17...Another Martial God, Fuck
🦢 1K Special 🦢
◦༻ 18...Oh, It's You, Out Of All People
◦༻ 19...Nothing A Kiss Can't Fix
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (2) 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (3) 🦢
◦༻ 20...Betraying A Contract Is My Forte
◦༻ 21...Welcome Back
◦༻ 22...Life Himself
◦༻ 23...Love Is Really A Thing
🦢 10k Special 🦢
◦༻ 24...Wait, I KNEW Him?!
◦༻ 25...What Are You Thinking?
◦༻ 26...What The Hell Is HE Doing Here
◦༻ 27...Let's Start Over?
◦༻ 28...A Battle Of Life and Calamity
◦༻ 29...Life's Misfortune
◦༻ 30...Fake, Fake, Fake
◦༻ 31...We All Know How The Game Ends
◦༻ 32...They're Back
◦༻ 33...The Leopard and The Viper
◦༻ 34...Where, What, When
◦༻ 35...Love Will Drive You Irrational
◦༻ 36...The Reverend's Playground
◦༻ 37...Love Stories
◦༻ The Misfortune Of A Swan *+* Season III Teaser
◦༻ 38...A Woman With A Grudge
◦༻ 39...Rest Now
◦༻ 40...Death Falls and Death Rises
◦༻ 41...Looking Back On Our Memories
◦༻ 42...The Swan's Home
◦༻ 43...Cold, Dark, Waters
◦༻ 44...Black Water Sinking Ships
◦༻45...Puppy Eyes
◦༻ 46...Xiu Fen
◦༻ 47...Life Doesn't Know How To Write OR Read
◦༻ 48...Life's Personal Rehabilitation Program! Sponsored by He Xuan
🎄Christmas Special🎄
◦༻ 50...The End

◦༻ 49...They Confess At Last

1K 40 7
By failedpaperairplane

"I don't understand if I truly love you, or I'm just lonely. Either way, I never want to leave."

HE XUAN HAS BEEN ENJOYING HIMSELF, TO SAY THE LEAST.

     The first reason being that Y/n was a generally entertaining person, having an attitude at times and cracking unnecessary jokes whenever he wanted. The second was that teasing Y/n was even more entertaining.

     The way Y/n stammered and got all defensive when he's called out is hilarious. You can even say He Xuan found it cute.

He began to count the days he had with Y/n, he was at 5 as of right now, and he was running out of excuses to keep Y/n here. The first was to teach Y/n calligraphy, but Y/n has long since become decent at it.

     The second was that he needed to replenish Y/n's health by feeding him more before he could step back into the world.

     The one he was running on right now was that there was a storm rolling through his territory, and with all the disruption in the spiritual energy going on, it wouldn't be safe to leave. He could tell Y/n didn't believe him when he pointed out the storm, but Y/n didn't know a reason as to why he would lie.

     He didn't really understand why he was lying to this extent either, sure Y/n was enjoyable, but not enough for He Xuan to make excuses for him not to leave. So he needed Y/n to stay for just a little longer, only so that he could discover why he was doing all this.

     Y/n watches as He Xuan contemplates something in his mind in silence.

     He knew He Xuan was making excuses to keep him in his base, did he know why? Not exactly. Did he really care? Not exactly either.

     He offended He Xuan greatly by waltzing into his base like it was nothing, and on top of that directly trying to get on the calamities' nerves. So he could understand some imprisonment time, that's what he told Pei Ming in the letter. But He Xuan doesn't imprison people by feeding them and teaching them to write.

     Y/n assumes He Xuan is either curious of his power or curious of his person, and he doesn't mind either of those. So long as it doesn't threaten Y/n or people around him's safety at all.

     Y/n can also feel his real personality resurfacing, that snappy attitude coming back in small sparks and bits. It might be because of the week of not being able to see the light, it could also be that he likes to jump on He Xuan's nerves sometimes.

     "He Xuan," Y/n calls out, tapping the ghost king's shoulder. He Xuan immediately snaps around, turning his gaze to Y/n. "This might be random, but how long do you plan on keeping me here?"

     Y/n slips next to He Xuan, picking up a scroll to read over it while He Xuan thinks.

     "When this storm passes and the spiritual energy is balanced again."

     "You're a good liar, I'll admit." Y/n responds, signing something on the scroll before putting it back down. He Xuan raises his eyebrow at Y/n, snarling.

     "You're testing the limits of my patience." Y/n rolls his eyes at that.

     "We both know I'll be able to handle your wrath one way or another. Sure you heard about me when I had absolutely no power and was in a standoff with Hua Cheng in his full wrath?"

He even sliced my ankle with E-Ming and I was heavily deprived of food and water. Y/n cursed in his mind, not even trying to be humble.

     "What are you trying to do here?!" He Xuan demands, snatching the scroll out of Y/n's hands. Y/n looks over to him with a raised brow, resting his cheek on his palm.

     "Trying to force some damn honesty out of you, since ghosts have such a hard time doing that from my experience."

     "I don't want to say my honesty, not when I don't even know it." He Xuan mumbles the last part, and Y/n lightly punches his shoulder, frustrated with the ghost.

     "Well, if you don't have the words for it; at least show me it?" Y/n groans. He Xuan catches Y/n's hand; pulling himself into Y/n's space in silence. Y/n's breath stills as He Xuan looms over him, eyebrows furrowing.

     He Xuan pauses, staring into Y/n's eyes before letting them drift down to his lips.

     He leans forward, lacing a hand around Y/n to cradle the back of his head before pressing a deep but short kiss to his lips. Y/n takes a sharp breath in through his nose before leaning into it. He Xuan's eyes fall shut in response, causing Y/n's eyes to as well.

     He Xuan pulls back, still holding the back of Y/n's head. A look that Y/n can't describe lingers in his eyes, Y/n wants to name it but it's too late before He Xuan breaks off eye contact. He takes a small breath in before leaning into Y/n's arms.

     "I don't understand if I truly love you, or I'm just lonely. Either way, I never want to leave."

Y/n lets the heat in his cheeks settle before responding.

"Not leaving is impossible, my powers as Life will never adapt to your territory well."

"Then, maybe you can accidentally stumble in again, or let me visit you in the mortal realm?" He Xuan suggests, laying his head on Y/n's shoulder.

Y/n nods, petting He Xuan's back gently. He Xuan sighs in contentment, letting himself slump a little more into Y/n's touch.

"All of this aside, when will I be leaving?" Y/n perks up, starting to rock He Xuan back and forth.

"Whenever you give the word that you wish to leave." He Xuan mumbles lazily.

"Stop talking like a scholar, it's rubbing off on me."

"As if, you can't hold your tongue long enough to get close to being a scholar."

"Okay, fuck you too."

"See what I told you?"

───༻ ❍ ༺───

Ya Wenling flops to the side, burying her face in her palms as she lets out a groan.

"I do apologize girls, but I just walked in at a bad moment and froze." Yushi Huang says as she slips onto the bed, tossing the blanket they were on to the side with a small grimace.

"I-it's fine, you just caught us off guard." Beatrice stammers, face red as she sends a glance over to Ya Wenling. She hunches to the side to hide her open robes, trying to spare some dignity between her and the goddess.

"But anywho, what did you come to us for?" Beatrice asks, closing up her inner robes. Her cheeks still bright red.

"The heavens sent me a message telling me about how there will be a new dynasty of gods coming soon. New elemental gods, new civil, new martial, etcetera." Yushi Huang says, taking out a comb from her sleeve to fix up Beatrice's hair.

"No one will be replaced of course, but it made me wonder about new generations and dynasties in the mortal world. I'll just get to the point—"

"—do you two plan on having children?"

Beatrice chokes on air, face growing even redder as she whips her head over to Ya Wenling. Ya Wenling only claps a hand over her forehead before sighing.

"Yushi Huang and I were talking about it, and I noticed I really wanted to have a child. But of course I was too nervous to ask you, so Yushi Huang just essentially did it for me." Ya Wenling confesses, sitting up and putting a strand of Beatrice's hair behind her ear.

"It's not just my want for a child, it's that I've noticed how much you long for a way to prove to yourself that you will never treat someone like your parents treated you. And by having a child, you can do exactly that."

Beatrice stills at Ya Wenling's words before turning to Yushi Huang.

"What's your interest in this?"

"IT WOULDN'T HURT TO BE AN AUNT OR A GODMOTHER!" YUSHI HUANG BEEMS.

Happy new year everyone!
Also this fic's third birthday 🎉
Meme

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 3.8K 52
Lu Wanwan transmigrated inside a melodramatic and rich-businessman-type novel called The Rich Young Master's Gentle Love. In the original novel, the...
2.9K 135 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
163K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...
32.7K 1.1K 15
Xander had always been a bright kid almost frightening so and he'd probably be able to rule in whatever job department he choose but there was a slig...