Burn Amongst Humanity [D. Hal...

By risingdawn2022

[[Rated Mature for mentions of physical and verbal abuse, panic attacks, night terrors, phobias and death]] |... More

[ ACT ONE: A Burning Ember ]
|I|
|II|
|III|
|IV|
|VI|
|VII|
|VIII|
|IX|
|X|
|XI|
|XII|
|XIII|
|XIV|
|XV|
|XVI|
|XVII|
|XVIII|
|XIX|
|XX|
|XXI|
|XXII|
|XXIII|
|XXIV|
|XXV|
|XXVI|
|XXVII|
|XXVIII|
|XXIX|
|XXX|
|XXXI|
|XXXII|
|XXXIII|
|XXXIV|
|XXXV|
|XXXVI|
|XXXVII|
|XXXVIII|
|XXXIX|
|XL|
|XLI|
|XLII|
|XLIII|
|XLIV|
|XLV|
|XLVI|
|XLVII|
|XLVIII|
|XLIX|
|L|
[ ACT TWO: A Dying Ember ]
|LI|
|LII|
|LIII|
|LIV|
|LV|
|LVI|
|LVII|
|LVIII|
|LIX|
|LX|
|LXI|
|LXII|
|LXIII|
|LXIV|
|LXV|
|LXVI|
|LXVII|
|LXVIII|
|LXIX|
|LXX|
|LXXI|
|LXXII|
|LXXIII|
|LXXIV|
|LXXV|
|LXXVI|
|LXXVII|
|LXXVIII|
|LXXIX|
|LXXX|
|LXXXI|
|LXXXII|
|LXXXIII|
|LXXXIV|
|LXXXV|
|LXXXVI|
|LXXXVII|
|LXXXVIII|
|LXXXIX|
|XC|
|XCI|
|XCII|
|XCIII|
|XCIV|
|XCV|
|XCVI|
|XCVII|
|XCVIII|
|XCIX|
|C|
|CI|
|CII|
|CIII|
|CIV|
|CV|
|CVI|
|CVII|
|CVIII|
|CIX|
|CX|
|CXI|
|CXII|
|CXIII|
|CXIV|

|V|

164 7 0
By risingdawn2022

"Pack Mentality: Part II"

-------------

"Did you see what I did last night?"

"No."

"Can you at least tell me the truth at least... for this? Am I gonna hurt someone?"

"Yes."

"Could I kill someone?"

"Yes."

"Am I gonna kill someone?"

"Probably." Derek answered and Scott, he looked understandably like he was going to be sick and Casey sighed. "Look, I can show you how to remember. I can show you how to be in control of the shift, even on a full moon. Casey can help you too, but it isn't going to come for free." Casey was perfectly happy, letting Derek do the talking at the moment.

"What do you want?" Scott asked.

"You'll find out. But for now, I'm gonna give you what you want. Go back to the bus. Go inside. See it, feel it. Let your senses, your sight, smell, touch. Let them remember for you."

"That's it? Just go back?" Scott sounded surprised by it and Casey rolled her eyes at his sassy sort of an attitude about it.

"Do you want to know what happened?" Derek asked and Scott looked up at him.

"I just want to know if I hurt him."

"No, you don't. You want to know if you'll hurt her." Derek countered and Casey looked confused, as she glanced at Derek for an explanation.

Scott had walked away and she looked back at him. "Who is this "her" that you were referring to, in regards to Scott?" She asked.

"He thinks that he's in love with Allison Argent." Derek muttered and Casey sighed, as he looked at her. "I'm a grump." He said.

"No, Derek, you're not. You are a survivor, that life dealt out a real shitty hand to." Casey said and she looked at the woods. "When you're running... what does it feel like?" She asked.

"Depends on why I'm running." She scoffed as Derek raised his eyebrows at her, gauging her reaction and she sighed.

"If you were running out through the woods, just-just for the hell of it." She said and Derek thought about it for a second.

"Freedom." Derek answered and Casey smiled a little. "If I'm running just for the hell of it, I'm enjoying the freedom. There isn't a being on earth that can catch me." Derek murmured.

"Alpha?" Casey asked.

"I'm a Beta." Casey chuckled at the stupid joke, as she was shaking her head and waited. "Right, yeah, the alpha could catch me. Why are you asking me all of this?" Derek asked.

"Because you don't smile nearly enough, Derek. Besides, I enjoy being the only one in the world who can push your buttons, without any sort of consequences." Casey said with a grin.

"Shove off." Derek replied and Casey was smirking, as her eyes glinted with mischievous energy.

~~~~~~

"Hey, what happened?" Casey asked as she met up with Derek, at Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, hours later.

"The hunters who were led by Chris fricking Argent... They gave me their classic welcome." Derek said and Casey narrowed her eyes suspiciously, and he nodded at his Black Camaro.

Casey sighed at the sight of the driver's side window, very carefully picking out the pieces of glass. "You want to press charges?" She asked as Derek shook his head. "Then Derek, why am I here?" She asked.

"I need to visit the bus driver. But I need to do it without attracting any attention and I figured that-" Casey sighed and she nodded, figuring out the rest of his plan.

"Yeah, okay. Come on." Casey murmured and she retrieved her badge from the front seat of her car and she already had her gun around her waist in its' holster.

"You have a burn that reaches all the way up to your neck, you know that right?"

"I have lived with these burns ever since I was sixteen, Derek. By now, I have learned to ignore them." Casey murmured and he looked at her. "Do you want to see the bus driver, right now, or not?" She asked.

Casey walked purposefully into the hospital and she showed her badge to the reception, who waved her through at the sight of the deputy badge and while she was doing that part of it, it was quite easily enough time for Derek to get into the room.

"Open your eyes. Look at me." Casey had closed the door and she looked at Derek, who was staring at the bus driver. "What do you remember?" He was angry, Casey could feel it and she grabbed for his hand at once.

"Hale. Branson." Mr. Myers whispered and Casey looked at him with her eyes widening.

"How do you know my name? How do you know our names?" Derek was rattled by it, it didn't take a supernatural being to see it and Casey felt him gripping her hand tighter and he probably didn't even mean to do it.

"I'm sorry." Mr. Meyers whispered.

"How do you know me?" Derek had clearly thought, that nobody would be able to remember him which is understandable, considering that he looked completely different at sixteen versus now.

"I'm sorry." The bus driver whispered and he rested his head back onto the pillow.

Casey gently tugged on Derek's hand to get him to move and Derek inhaled and she was able to get him out of the room, right before the all-too familiar beeping started.

Casey drove up to the Hale House following Derek, who was sitting in his car and she looked at him. "You didn't kill him, Derek, he was dying already." She whispered and he looked at her.

"He knew who I was, Casey, I didn't think that anyone else here, anyone other than you, even knew." Derek said and she was shaking her head.

"I will pull the information out on him. I will look into it, figure out why he apologized to you, Derek, I swear it." She said and he was clenching his head. "Derek, stop beating yourself up for this. None of this is your fault..."

"You're wrong on that." Casey was looking at Derek and he looked back at her. "All of this, it is my fault." He said.

"Derek..."

"You don't get it, Casey, it is all my fault. Peter in a coma, Tye having his burns, you now being burned over three quarters of your body, it all started with my stupid decision." Derek said and she looked at him. "I'm the reason that you are covered in burns, Casey."

"Derek, I made my decision to run into that fire. You had nothing to do with it, you were at school." She said and he was shaking his head. "Derek, what are you not telling me?"

"You have to leave... Now, like right now." Derek said suddenly as he was shutting the door and he looked at her and she shook her head. "Casey, there is a very pissed off Beta werewolf on his way. You need to leave." He said.

"No." Casey said and he looked at her with narrowed eyes. "I'm a human, D, I don't follow the rules of a werewolf pack. I am not leaving." As she spoke, Casey walked over to her car and she grabbed a familiar shape from under the front seat. Derek growled a little bit and Casey was comfortably, holding the electric baton in her hand. "I'm not leaving."

"I am never ever going to win an argument with you, am I?" Derek asked rhetorically and Casey shook her head.

Casey watched as Derek handily kicked Scott's ass and she was shaking her head quickly at the sight of Scott on the floor. "Derek... He did not kill Mr. Meyers, Scott. He didn't bite you, he didn't hurt Mr. Meyers either. And he definitely didn't kill his own sister."

"How do you know?" Scott demanded of her as Casey, she stepped through the broken wall.

"Because Derek's wolf eyes, they would be red instead of blue, if he had killed Laura." Casey said and Scott, he looked at her. "Derek can teach you control and survival, I can teach you how to harness the human side. You think that you know how to already, but on the full moon... it isn't the same." Casey said and Scott looked at her.

"Are you-"

"A werewolf? No, I'm not. But I do know how they think, how they act, who they gravitate towards, I know how your instincts work."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 10.9K 49
Carver Williams isn't scared of many things. One of those fears, however, she didn't think were true. The mere thought of werewolves and the supernat...
3.7K 174 22
Beacon Hills. Home to all kinds of supernatural. It's been that way for decades, a safe haven. That was until an unsuspecting teenager got bit in th...
64.7K 1.3K 59
All Haley wanted was a normal life but being the daughter of two very powerful alphas and her boyfriend being a werewolf hunter complicated things. A...
5K 254 16
"My friends..." Calavera shook her head, sounding almost annoyed. "I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is...