The Great War | Billy Hargrove

By accio_nicolette

"I vowed not to fight anymore if we survived the Great War." Isadora Jones was not the biggest fan of Billy... More

Introduction
Playlist
Graphics
Prologue
1 | The Project
2 | The Party
4 | Truth or Dare
5 | Apologies
6 | Warnings
7 | Heartbreaks
8 | Mixed Messages
9 | Second Chances
10 | First Dates
11 | Making Things Official
12 | School Dance
13 | Missing Girl
14 | A New Friend
15 | Making Plans
16 | Girls Night
17 | Fixing Things
18 | A Need to Talk
19 | Truths Revealed
20 | Christmas Party
21 | A Christmas Surprise
22 | Graduation
23 | Pool Party
24 | Summer Jobs
25 | Distractions
26 | Finding Billy
27 | The Sauna
28 | The Search for Answers
29 | Finding the Flayed
30 | Preparing for the Fight
31 | The Battle for Starcourt Mall
32 | Face Off
33 | Hospital Visits
34 | Aquarium Dates
35 | Goodbyes
36 | Pep Rally
37 | Finding Eddie
38 | Eddie's Truth
39 | The Search for Answers
40 | Saving Max
41 | The Creel House
42 | Finding Watergate
43 | The Upside Down
44 | Vecna's Truth
45 | Battle Plans
46 | Preparations
47 | Luring Vecna
48 | The Piggyback
49 | Aftermath
50 | The Beginning of the End

3 | Confrontations

449 14 2
By accio_nicolette

💔💔

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN YOUR BOYFRIEND.

ISADORA GROANED AS SHE OPNED HER WATER BOTTLE.

The blonde was nursing one hell of a hangover and she felt absolutely miserable, especially since she had woken up on the bathroom floor this morning, having thrown up twice more throughout the night. She should've known better than to drink as much as she had, especially since it had been a school night and as she made her way towards the school, she took a sip of her water.

"You don't look very well, Is," Steve said, as he walked over to the blonde. She groaned as she took another sip of water before looking towards Steve.

"Yeah, that's probably because I feel like absolute shit," Isadora snapped and Steve raised an eyebrow as he looked towards her.

"Well, you did drink a lot last night," Steve commented.

"Yeah, I know. By the way, I cannot believe you just left the party and ditched me last night!" Isadora snapped at him.

"See, that's where you're wrong, Is. I looked everywhere for you but someone said they'd seen you leave with Billy."

"Wait, what? Billy told me that you took Hazel and Kendra home, which doesn't make sense because why didn't you take Nancy home too?" Isadora asked.

"Uh, Nancy wanted to stay longer. And you believed Billy? Come on, you know that I would never ditch you, especially not at a party, Is. Also ... Billy?" Steve asked her.

"Nancy Wheeler wanted to stay longer at a party? And I know you normally wouldn't but it kind of seemed like you did last night, Steve."

"Come on, as if I would do that to you, Is. And apparently you left the party with Billy Hargrove? Did he take you home?"

"Steve —" Isadora groaned as she rubbed the sides of her temples with her fingers and frowned at him, "Surprisingly, yes he did."

"Okay, and did you hook up with him, Isadora?"

"Oh, come on. Just because I have a crush on him, it doesn't mean I would hook up with someone like Billy Hargrove," Isadora groaned.

"Come on, Isa, you and I both know that Billy doesn't just drive girls home for no reason," Steve said. Behind them, the sound of someone scoffing caught their attention and Isadora turned to see Amanda stalking towards them, and she and Steve looked at each other, figuring that Amanda must have overheard at least a part of their conversation.

"S-Shit."

"This can't be good," Steve muttered, as the brunette approached Isadora, ignoring Steve's presence entirely.

"I thought I told you to stay away from Billy."

"There's nothing going on between Billy and myself," Isadora snapped back as she faced Amanda, unaware of the people that had started to move closer to the two girls to see what was going on, including Billy, who had stopped nearby and was watching as the two girls confronted each other.

"Bullshit, I don't believe you. You think sleeping with Billy is gonna change what people think of you? Stay the fuck away from him," Amanda snapped as she shoved Isadora, making the blonde stumble back a step.

"I don't have any interest in your boyfriend! We're just working on a school project together," Isadora snapped back. All of a sudden, Amanda slapped her hard and Isadora put a hand to her cheek and blinked back her tears as a stinging pain spread across her cheek and Isadora shakily looked towards Amanda, "Not that it's any of your business, but there's nothing going on so there was really no reason to slap me."

"Just leave her alone, Amanda," Steve snapped as he stepped in front of Isadora. Amanda scoffed before walking away from them. Nearby, Billy shook his head and walked away as Steve turned his attention towards Isadora, "Are you okay, Is?"

"Yeah, I'm totally fine," Isadora nodded.

"Are you sure? That mark she left on your cheek looks like it hurts," Steve said. Isadora lifted a hand to her cheek and tried to cover it before looking at Steve.

"I'll live," she shrugged before she started walking past him and made her way into the school. As they walked to homeroom, Isadora could hear people already whispering and talking about what had just happened outside and she rolled her eyes before stalking into the classroom and sitting down at her desk, but through her homeroom it was all anyone could talk about. After homeroom, Isadora made her way into her next class as rumours and chatter spread about the confrontation outside the school that morning and Isadora groaned as she walked into the class and slid into her normal desk beside Kendra. She grabbed her books out before frowning as she noticed Kendra was looking over at her, "Let me guess, you heard about what happened."

"Steve told me what happened, but it's kinda hard not to know when it's all anyone has been able to talk about but I cannot believe she actually slapped you," Kendra said as she looked over towards the blonde and noticed the mark on her cheek. Isadora shrugged before trying to focus her attention on her schoolwork, but as the day dragged on, everyone around her were whispering and Isadora struggled to concentrate on anything else.

"That bitch really slapped you?" Hazel asked at lunchtime as Isadora joined her at their normal lunch table.

"Yeah, is the mark still there?"

"Uh, kinda, but it's not really that noticeable anymore. You know the entire school is talking about it, don't you? By the way, how hard did she slap you?" Hazel asked. Isadora opened her water bottle and took a sip, trying to ignore the bad headache she was still nursing as she looked towards Hazel.

"Yeah, I know. Everyone keeps pointing at me and whispering. She slapped me pretty hard and it's all because I am working on this stupid project with Billy. I would rather work with you, Steve or Kendra, or myself," Isadora said before groaning softly and taking another sip of water, "And I swear I am never mixing my drinks again."

"Oh, that's a rookie mistake to mix your drinks, Isa. And I take it that means the project is going well then?"

"Yeah, well, so far I have done all the work on this stupid project, so it's going amazingly well," Isadora replied as she started eating her salad before shrugging, "I do know that, but I'll make sure that next time I won't mix my drinks, not that I'll be going to a party again anytime soon."

"I just heard you got slapped this morning. Who'd you upset, Blondie?" Eddie Munson asked as he joined them at the table.

"What makes you think I upset anyone, Munson? And since when do you sit with us for lunch?" Isadora asked him before wincing as Hazel kicked her under the table.

"Come on, don't be rude. I invited him to sit with us today," Hazel told her. Isadora nodded as she looked towards Hazel, knowing the two had started dating recently.

"Yeah, fine. And I didn't upset anyone," Isadora said.

"Except Amanda," Hazel pointed out and Isadora looked over at her.

"I didn't do anything to upset her. It's not my fault Billy Hargrove was assigned to be my project partner," Isadora said.

"Uh, Is, I hate to be the one to tell you this but I am pretty sure she was also mad about the fact that Billy Hargrove drove you home after the party last night," Steve told Isadora.

"And I already told you nothing happened. I was sick and Billy drove me home, that's all there is to it," Isadora shrugged.

"So, he drove you home and absolutely nothing happened?" Steve asked her.

"Correct, nothing happened. I guess he was just trying to do something nice," Isadora defended him.

"Oh, Isa, you can't really be that naive. Billy didn't just drive you home because he was trying to be nice."

"Nothing happened!"

"Uh huh," Hazel and Steve nodded. Isadora rolled her eyes before the lunch conversation shifted to discussing Eddie's band Corroded Coffin. As she listened to her friends talking, Isadora smiled and finished eating her salad. After lunch, the group headed to their last classes for the day and after school was finished, Isadora walked out to the carpark with Steve and Kendra.

"Am I giving you a lift home today, Is?"

"Thank you, but no. Billy and I have to work on the project so he's going to give me a lift home," Isadora told Steve before noticing the expression on his face and she shook her head at him, "Whatever it is you're thinking, please stop it. We're just working on the project."

"Uh huh, sure. Working on the project," Steve rolled his eyes at her.

"Steve —" Kendra warned him.

"I'll see you both later," Isadora laughed, as she shook her head and walked over to Billy's car.

"You're late," Billy told her as she reached the car.

"Sorry, I —"

"Jesus, I don't care. Just get into the car so we can get this over with," Billy told her.

"Actually, you know what, I think I'll walk home if you're going to speak to me like that," Isadora said. Billy groaned as he watched the blonde turn and start walking away from the car.

"Will you please get into the car, Isadora?" Billy asked. Isadora stopped walking and turned to look at him before she nodded and got into the car. Soon, they were driving home and at first there was only silence before Isadora finally broke it.

"Your girlfriend is kinda crazy."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Huh, well you might want to try telling her that cause she seems to think she is."

"What are you talking about?"

"Clearly you didn't hear that she slapped me this morning because she seems to think that you and I are sleeping together," Isadora said.

"And how exactly is that my problem?" Billy asked.

"You're the one who had to go and sleep with her and now she seems to think she owns you," Isadora replied before looking out the window and falling silent again. They soon arrived at her house and as Billy stopped the car, Isadora got out and looked back towards him, "Thanks for the lift. I don't really feel like working on the project today so I guess I will just see you at school tomorrow."

"What, Little Miss Perfect is going to skip a night of studying?"

"Seriously, stop calling me that! You don't know a fucking thing about me or my life so stop assuming it's perfect!" Isadora shouted at Billy before spinning on her heel and stalking into the house. As she slammed the door shut, the same sense of loneliness she felt every day she walked through the front door of her home washed over her, and as tears rolled down her cheeks, Isadora didn't even attempt to wipe them away until she heard a knock on the door and she hesitated before walking over to answer the door, only to scowl when she saw Billy standing on the other side, "Oh, go away, Billy. I don't want to talk to you right now!"

"Are you crying?"

"Seriously, why do you even care? I just want to be alone right now, so please, leave me alone," Isadora said before closing the door. For a few minutes, there was silence and Isadora figured Billy must have left, so she was surprised when she heard his voice again.

"Come on, Princess, please let me in," Billy said and Isadora hesitated as she opened the door before nodding and stepping aside so Billy could walk into her house and Isadora closed the door as he made his way to the kitchen and she joined him, dumping her stuff down beside the kitchen table before noticing Billy looking around before he turned his attention back towards Isadora, "You know, if you want to skip a night of studying, I can suggest something more fun."

"I'm not going to have sex with you, Billy," Isadora retorted as she grabbed her notepad out and flicked it open, "Let's just finish this stupid project so you and I can go back to not talking and interacting ever, so we don't have to keep pretending like we want to spend time with each other."

"Fine," Billy nodded, although he didn't want to stop talking to or spending time with the pretty blonde. As Isadora turned her attention back to the project, she was totally unaware that Billy was watching her curiously and wondering why he found himself so intrigued by Isadora Jones.

💔💔

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357 0 37
Stephanie Hargrove was eccentric, and artistic. She loved everything - the littlest things made her happy. She was sassy, but in a funny way which ma...
9.4K 216 25
being the new girl in town isnt always easy, your either the popular one or the weirdo. But why can't you be both? Well when y/n dash moves to town w...
470K 6.4K 20
Your life in Hawkins was good although boring. One person managed to not only change that but also to make you feel things you didn't know were possi...
12.9K 358 38
Kali found herself falling in love with the bad boy. Turns out they have more in common then she first thought.... ⚠️TW⚠️ Will contain: Bad Language ...