The Bad Guys season 1: Our Ow...

Rally9933

The Bad Guys continued on with their lives, encountering brand-new adventures, meeting new friends, and handl... Еще

Brain Damage
Give It A Try
The Secret Origin of Mr. Hornet part 1
The Secret Origin of Mr. Hornet part 2
Get A Job
Online Dating
Tarantula In The Countryside
Evil Wolf
Mira
Maraschino Ruby
Chief Luggins Strikes Again
Go Shark Go
Date With A Shark
Uptight (Shark's Alright)
Just Desserts
Shark's Dorsal Fin
Pizza Night
Fancy Schmancy
The Good Guys, The Bad Guys, and In-Between
Clutter and Down
The Secret (Troubled) Life of Mr. Hornet
A Suspicious Affair
Luggins Bunnies
Quit Swan
The Story Of The 6th Bad Guy part 1
The Story Of The 6th Bad Guy part 2
Let's Ride
Mira In The Field
Red With Envy
The Break-Up
Large Webs
Piranha's Adventure In Babysitting
The Bad Blog
Insecurity
Rumors
The Last Secret Part 1
The Last Secret part 2
Love Paradise
You and Me, Together

We're Criminals, Not Monsters

214 10 0
Rally9933

New Year is coming, so this is my new chapter for the upcoming year! Have fun, guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intro

Mr. Wolf: Yeah! I'm bad!

Mr. Snake: You're bad!

Ms. Tarantula: He's bad!

Mr. Hornet: She's bad!

Mr. Piranha: We're bad!

Mr. Shark: Who's bad?

The Bad Guys: Yeah!
We're the Bad Guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was an emergency that was reported by the LAPD, and Governor Diane came as quickly as she could. She was accompanied by Chief Luggins when she came in. As they came in, they were more cops who reported more details along the way.

"So, what do we got?" Diane asked.

"The paramedics found the source, and it turns out, a couple found some kind of powder while they were collecting junk," Chief Luggins started.

"And they found one of them dead, but the other survived in the meantime," a female cop added.

"This means this powder the couple found was poisonous?" the governor asked.

"I don't know, but this powder glowed in the dark. It means something serious," the chief of police answered

A male cop then joined the conversation while holding his phone, "The paramedic said the couple used it for art to sell their recycled goods. They didn't know what it was until it was too late."

The 2nd male cop rushed in, and handed the picture of a blue glowing powder on the table, "I got another information from the paramedics that someone bought a necklace contained with the powder three days ago, a day after they found the container of the powder. The paramedics read it in the receipt of the buyer's credit card."

"But, how would we know if this kind of substance is safe?" Chief Luggins asked while looking down at the picture, "It could be any powder we know in this picture!"

"We might know what it is yet...," Diane then thought of something quietly, before getting an idea, "But I know who could help us."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A compact-like communicator vibrated on the table as it rang for calling. A paw grabbed the compact, and opened it, answering the caller.

Diane's face then appeared on the screen, "Wolf!"

"Governor Diane Foxington! What made you call us this time of need?" Wolf asked, who was sitting on the chair of the dining table, drinking coffee.

"Wolf, we need you and your friends' expertise right now," the governess commanded, "We received a call from the paramedics that a couple was exposed to this dangerous powder that could kill anyone in an open area. We need you in the police station right."

"Diane, we're vigilantes. We don't work for the authorities. Why should we help?"

"Because, you had experiences of stealing valuable objects, even dangerous ones. I know you guys wouldn't take a risk of using any dangerous valuable objects, but you had studied them. Your criminal skills would be useful right now."

"Why don't the paramedics do it?"

"They couldn't tell what kind of substance this is, but Wolf, please, these people need your help. Prove to them that you're not some kind of heartless criminals. Stealing stuff was one thing, but leaving people dead isn't what you Bad Guys would do."

Well, Diane was right about one thing. The Bad Guys can do harmless crimes, but they couldn't let innocent lives go to waste, despite that it was never their fault to begin with. Plus, this was their chance to show the world they're more than just scary villains.

Wolf sighed, and said, "Alright. We're coming down there in 10 minutes."

"Please hurry," Diane said before hanging.

Wolf closed the compact as his friends, who were doing their hobbies, turned to look at him curiously.

"What was that, Wolf?" Snake asked while putting his cards down.

"Trouble, and this trouble needs the Good Bad Guys," Wolf got off his seat, and wore his white coat on, "Come on, guys. Let's roll."

With that, the rest of the Bad Guys dropped their stuff, and headed out of their hideout.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the police station, Diane was standing at the front door, waiting for the Bad Guys to come.

Chief Luggins then came out of the station to check on the governess, "Are those helpers of yours coming? We're running out of time!"

"Trust me, they're coming," Diane reassured her. Then, she spotted a familiar car coming, "Ooh, there they are now."

Ahead was a fast crazy driven car as it made to a complete stop in a parallel parking in front of the police station. Coming out were the Bad Guys themselves, the former criminals that the chief of police hated the most.

"The Bad Guys?! Oh no! Oh no, no, no, no, no!" Chief Luggins shook her head before turning to Diane, "Governor Foxington, are you out of your mind?! Are you going to trust the Bad Guys with our problem right now?"

"Chief, the Bad Guys had more experience with these kinds of things than we do. I think they can help?" Diane explained.

"And why should they help save innocent lives of civilians from this poisonous powder?"

"What? You don't trust us, Chief?" Wolf sarcastically felt insulted as he smirked at his friends, "Oh well, guys, guess we aren't needed here."

Before he slowly headed back to the driver's seat, Diane called him out to make him decide to stay, "Wait, Wolf, you are needed here," then, she turned to the chief, "Chief? Please, some lives are at stake here."

As much as she still hated the Bad Guys, it was still her job to protect innocent civilians. The chief crossed her arms, and growled defeatedly, "Fine."

Diane then turned to the Bad Guys, and nodded, gesturing to them that they could stay to help.

When the governess led the former criminals inside the chief, still having her arms crossed, followed behind them to keep an eye on the Bad Guys. The other cops inside the station gasped in horror to see the group of criminals they tried to chase were here as they started to mutter at each other quietly.

Ignoring what the other cops thought about them being here, Wolf had to stay focused on this mission as he asked Diane, "So, what's the situation, Governor?"

"The dispatch said that a couple found this glowing powder from collecting junk, but it turns out there were deadly side effects," the governess explained.

"And what is this powder?" Tarantula asked while clinging to Shark's shoulder.

"No idea. That's why I brought you here. The paramedics sent us a picture with it," Diane gave the printed picture of the glowing powder from earlier.

When Wolf took it, the rest of the Bad Guys gathered around to look at the picture.

Snake narrowed his eyes at the picture as the glowing powder was familiar to him, "Wait... I recognize that powder before."

Shark did the same, and added, "Me too."

"What is it?" One of the female cops questioned as some of them came closer to the Bad Guys to hear their information about the powder.

"That cesium chloride," Hornet stated, "They use it in teletherapy machines for cancer treatments. It's radioactivity that causes it to glow in the dark."

"Close proximity to this can kill you in a few days," Tarantula added, crawling down from Shark's shoulder to the computer desk.

"How did you know all of this?" Chief Luggins asked suspiciously.

"We stole a gem containing cesium chloride too," Piranha grinned sheepishly.

"We thought it was just a glowing sand or powder, but we observed the gem before we even kept it," Shark explained.

"We couldn't risk it letting it expose in our hideout or around the area, so we got rid of it," Snake explained.

Wolf looked down at the picture before turning to the other cops, "Is there someone killed in this exposure?"

"Just one, the other one is still surviving, but I'm not sure if she's gonna make it," A third male cop answered.

Then, Snake asked another question, "Is there anyone exposed to this powder?"

"The paramedics found a receipt of a credit card, and it was bought three days ago," Another female cop replied.

"Which means whoever bought the product with the powder, and signed that receipt..." Piranha said.

"Is running out of time," Hornet finished the sentence.

"We believe some of that radioactive powder slipped out of the hot zone when the other people around that area called 911," the female cop, the first one from earlier, reported.

"Any idea how?" Shark asked.

"In the form of a birthday gift. A pendant filled with that powder. All that receipt got on that woman that bought it is a partial credit card number and a squiggle for a signature," another female cop answered.

"Okay, tell the medic to send the photo of the receipt. We're gonna try to get the name and the address," Diane told the female cop #1.

"And hurry, we don't have much time, and who knows what that stuff would do to the buyer, and possibly their friends and family," Wolf requested.

But Chief Luggins scoffed as she didn't believe the Bad Guys' sentimental, "Pfft, like you even care."

Hornet rolled his eyes, getting irritated by the chief's doubts, and told her right in front of her face, "Just let us work on this, okay?! You wanna save these people and keep your job, then let us help them!"

When Wolf dialed the number of the credit card company that was from the receipt, the number was dialed, but it was answered by an automated voice.

"Our Mills team is experiencing a high volume of calls right now, so please hold and someone will be with you shortly."

The dial went on hold, which meant they have to wait.

Chief Luggins was just right beside them as she waited to watch the Bad Guys failed on this "mission", "Pfft! And you thought you could handle this!"

Snake groaned tiredly, "This is why I hate waiting on calls."

Meanwhile, the buyer placed the radioactive pendant inside a small box, which was wrapped in transparent blue plastic. She placed the gift on the table with the rest of the presents for her mother as the whole family was there, singing the birthday song for the matriarch of the family. It was time for her to open the gifts.

Back at the police station, the Bad Guys were waiting for someone to answer their hold.

"Human! Get me a human on the phone! Or anybody!" Piranha yelled while slamming his head on the computer desk.

The automated voice then cut in the hold, "If this is about a billing issue with your credit card, please say or press eight now." Wolf then pressed the "8" button, "Please hold while we transfer your call."

They were on hold again as the Bad Guys groaned frustratingly, feeling tired of getting themselves on hold.

Meanwhile, back at the birthday celebration, the children and grandchildren picked up the presents that the birthday woman had to open.

Finally, after waiting for 5 minutes, the line rang, and someone answered the phone

"Hello, this is Ed."

Wolf then spoke without saying his name for the sake of the mission, "Okay, Ed, listen, we're trying to get the name and address of a card ending in 5826."

"Okay, let me see what we can do. Now to get started, I just need the three-digit number on the account," Ed said.

"Pin number? I don't have the pin number! I'm not the cardholder, I'm calling from the Los Angeles Police Department," Snake snapped, but Wolf covered his mouth before thing could get worse.

"Hmm, I'm afraid our corporate policy doesn't allow us to give out information without the pin number," the man on the phone explained.

"Ed, are you being serious right now? Your cardholder's life is in danger, and we really need you to help us," Wolf warned.

"You know what? I'm just gonna get my supervisor on the line," Ed advised.

"No, don't put us on–" Wolf exclaimed, but the call was put on hold again.

"Ugh!" Tarantula groaned again, who was waiting on a keyboard of another computer to get ready to type the name to find her address.

The chief of police chuckled hysterically as she kept gloating about the Bad Guys' future failure, "Well, you blew it! You're gonna let someone get killed with this radioactive powder, and all you did was call, sit, and wait. I hope you'll be proud of yourselves during the funeral."

Now that finally pissed off both Piranha and Hornet. They were trying to do good like the rest of the team, but somebody else had other thoughts about them and had doubts about changing for the better.

"You better take that back, chief!" Hornet put his helmet on angrily.

"I wish you didn't say that, chica!" Piranha cracked his knuckles.

Both of them launched at the chief of police as she was about to pounce at them too.

But the Bad Guys held the younger members down with Snake and Shark held Piranha while Wolf and Tarantula held Hornet, and the other cops pulled the chief away from them.

Diane then inserted herself in the middle, and shouted, "Okay, okay, enough! This is no time for fighting. Let's just focus on the task at hand, and if nothing works out, it was nobody's fault. But we have to make this work. Now, everybody calm down, and continue with your work!"

When everyone was silent, the chief yanked her arms from the other cops' hands, forcing them to release her while still standing down, while the other Bad Guys put Piranha and Hornet down as they tried to calm themselves.

In the nick of time, the line was answered again,

"Are you still here, sir?"

"Yes, yes, I'm here," Wolf answered

"Okay, I just got my supervisor Hilda on the line," Ed informed.

"Got it," Wolf said before talking to the supervisor on the line, "Hilda, listen, we're calling from the Los Angeles Police Department. I have an emergency, and I'm urgently trying to get the name and address of a California-based customer whose card ends in 5826."

"My goodness, of course. We'll get that taken care of right away," the supervisor exclaimed.

"Thank you very much, Hilda," the leader of the Bad Guys sighed in relief, as did the other members.

"I just need the three-digit pin number on the account," Hilda recommended.

Piranha growled as he cut in on the scene, "We don't have that, okay? And the only three-digit number you should be concerned about, Hilda, is 911!"

"My associate Ed should have explained our corporate policy. Unfortunately, we're not–"

"Yes, he explained it. And we don't give a damn about your corporate policy. A lot of people are going to die if they haven't already," Snake yelled on the line.

Meanwhile, at the birthday party, there was one gift left, and the last one continued the radioactive material that could kill the whole family,

Back again at the station, Hornet just had enough of this argument as he cut himself into the conversation, "I got this," Wolf just moved his paws away from the keyboard, and talked to the supervisor from the other line, "Hello. You are aware that these calls are being recorded, correct?"

"Yes, we record all our calls, corporate policy," Hilda responded.

"And you know what? The LA Police Department record calls also," Hornet said, "What do you think is gonna happen to the two of you when I make a TikTok out of this call, and the entire world hears that neither Hilda nor Ed lifted a finger to help prevent a mass casualty event? Do you think anybody is going to care that you were just following corporate policy, Hilda? And if you're only following the law and policy of your company without helping save lives from this mass casualty event, what would make you any different from being criminals, like 'so-called' the Bad Guys?"

The whole police station was silent for a moment when they heard how Hornet got the guts to blackmail a card company to save innocent lives from radioactive material. Hornet even mentioned how he compared the card company to his own team and himself. Having a company refuse to help with the location of the radioactive material that a buyer bought as a gift wouldn't make a difference from the Bad Guys' crimes they committed all the time.

After a short silence, the supervisor finally answered, "Her name is Wendy Sullivan."

That's the cue. Wolf gestured to Tarantula to do her thing. On the other computer, Tarantula typed as fast as she could with her hands and legs. She typed faster than average human fingers.

At the celebration, the gift was unwrapped, and slowly was about to open the cap. But the gift opening was interrupted when the fire department and the paramedics arrived just in time. Luckily, the Geiger detected the gift on the birthday woman's hand. One of the firemen managed to place the gift into the container box.

Later, one of the paramedics called the station, and declared from a phone as it was on loudspeaker, "Alright, officer, the radioactive material was safely contained."

When the phone got hung up, the whole station cheered in celebration. More importantly, the cops and Diane applauded the Bad Guys for their work as the team appreciated the gesture of appreciation. But Chief Luggins was the only one who was silent in shock. She was really surprised that the Bad Guys had done it. They were saving lives. It's a big surprise for her.

"Well, I guess our work here is done," Wolf clapped his paws together like he was rubbing the dust away as the team walked out of the station towards the door.

Hornet sighed tiredly, "Finally, I don't want to be surrounded by people who work for the authorities."

As they left, Chief Luggins was still shocked in disbelief at what had happened today as she rushed out to catch up with the Bad Guys. When the team made it to the car, she burst from the door, and stammered, still in shock, "B-but, you're the Bad Guys! You weren't supposed to save people, you're making people miserable. And I thought you never cared for anyone other than yourselves."

"Chief, I know you still think of us as criminals, and we accept that because we're used to it," Tarantula rolled her eyes with placing one hand on her hip, "But we're not that kind of criminals."

"Yeah, we're not heartless and merciless as you think we are," Shark added, feeling insulted.

"We're criminals, not monsters, Chief," Wolf clarified, "And despite all of the crimes we did, we never let innocent citizens involved in our heist and masterminds, not even letting get hurt or killed," As the Bad Guys couldn't wait for the chief to think if what they said was true, they entered the car with Wolf entering the driver's seat before looking back at her, "Remember that, Chief." He made the same salute he gave to Diane a year ago before driving off.

When the Bad Guys left, and Chief Luggins was alone, Diane heard the whole conversation as she approached the chief, and said, "You know, they may be the Bad Guys, but they're not all bad, Chief. Besides, they did try to save your job, your reputation, and your relationship."

But Luggins was still too stubborn to believe that, "I still think they are dangerous selfish criminals! I don't trust them."

Diane was hoping for chief to give the Bad Guys a chance to show how they were doing with their lives after a year in prison, but she couldn't force the chief to believe what was real as the governess decided to head back inside the station.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, while the Bad Guys were taking a break from both of their jobs, they were taking their day off at the FasTogether restaurant where Hornet had his shift.

Hornet carried a tray of orders for his friends as he carefully placed them on their table.

Before Piranha could eat his burger, he noticed his best friend wasn't so happy today, "Hey, Hornet. Why so glum, amigo?

Hornet shook his head to snap out of his thoughts, "I'm just sad that Chief Luggins didn't believe in us and that we could change."

Snake answered, whipping his tail downward, "Eh, don't mind her, Hornet. What's important is we're doing the right thing, even though it wasn't supposed to be our job."

"Yeah, we can't let that family die with that radioactive powder," Shark added with a concerned tone of his voice, "Glad Diane called us. Who knows more about risk and danger than us?!"

The Bad Guys exclaimed in agreement as they bumped their fists together.

Just then, the news music from the TV caught the Bad Guys' attention as they turned their heads to the TV.

Tiffany Fluffit appeared on-screen with her microphone, and behind her was a burning building with firemen trying to put out the fire, and the cops were helping citizens escape the building.

"Breaking news, in Beverly Hills, a tower was set on fire, and the fire department and the police were trying to help the residents escape the apartment. We still have a couple more citizens inside while Chief Luggins volunteered to help them escape from the building. But they had been in there for 30 minutes. Should the chief be helping the couple out by now?"

After hearing this news, the Bad Guys felt bad for the citizens in that building. What's worse was that they felt bad that their favorite chief was inside helping those citizens out alone.

"I get a bad feeling about this," Piranha mumbled while tilting his head at Shark.

"I think we should help them," Wolf decided.

This made the other Bad Guys gasp.

"But, Wolf, we were never called to help those citizens," Snake pointed out.

"But we can't let them trap there and burn alive. Besides, the chief must be in there too. We already saved her reputation and her relationship, we have to save her life too." Wolf reminded that day they helped the chief, and he had no instincts to leave someone left to die in that building.

The rest of the Bad Guys hesitated with the plan, but their conscience haunted them already, if the chief won't survive the fire, there would be no one else to chase them if they do crimes again... and they would feel guilty if they won't do anything good for her too.

Hornet growled in defeat, and confessed, "As much as I hated that chief, I don't want her to... you know," he pointed his hand up, pointing to the sky.

"Yeah, we might be bad, but we're still nice to others, even to our enemies," Shark cooed kindly.

Snake groaned in disgust, and said, "Ugh, stop being cheesy, and let's get this over with!"

The other Bad Guys nodded as they left their seats, and ran out of the restaurant. They were noticed by Hornet's bosses at the counter.

"Mr. Hornet, where are you going?! You haven't finished your shift yet!" Mrs. Gardener shouted.

And your friends haven't paid yet!" Mr. Gardener added while holding the receipt of the Bad Guys' order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the burning building, Chief Luggins carried a couple down the stairs where the whole place was covered with flames. When she saw the wooden beams were on fire, and was about to go down, she knew she wasn't going to make it while holding the couple. Luggins then decided to release the couple, and pushed them gently, much to their confusion.

Chief Luggins pointed to the exit for the couple to escape, "Go, go!"

The couple didn't hesitate as they ran towards the exit. The chief of police tried to catch up, but two wooden beams fell onto her, knocking her down unconsciously.

The couple made it out outside the building, and the paramedics escorted them to the ambulance.

While they watched the paramedics helping the victims, the cops kept their eyes on the door of the building, waiting for the chief to come out, but she hadn't yet. She wasn't with the escaped civilians.

"Wait? Where's Chief Luggins?!" One of the cops asked worryingly.

As far as they could, the Bad Guys stood by in their car, wearing their black suits, to watch if the civilians and Chief Luggins were out. The couple were out, but the chief wasn't. It was clear that they had to save her from that burning building.

"We should take the back. We don't want to get their attention too much," Wolf told his friends.

The rest of the Bad Guys nodded in agreement as Wolf drove to another street to find a way to the back of the building without anyone noticing them.

When they made it to the back of the building, they could still see flames from a few windows, and the door was locked with a chain and a padlock. The only way in was by taking the windows. The Bad Guys hopped out of the car, and rushed to the building. Hornet peaked his head on the open window to take a look.

"Did you see anything, Hornet?" Wolf asked.

Hornet narrowed his eyes to see clearly, but he couldn't see through the smoke. He even used the HUD effect of his helmet if it would help him, but to no avail, "Man, I may have sharp sight, but the smoke and fire really blocked my vision."

"We have to get in there. Come on!" Wolf quickly jumped through the window, followed by Snake, Piranha, Tarantula, and Shark, who nearly got himself stuck, but her got in.

The Bad Guys got through the fire and smoke as they were looking for the chief of police. When they got further, almost close to the entrance, Webs noticed the familiar person under a heavy wooden beam on top of her.

"Wolf! There!" She pointed. The other Bad Guys turned to see the chief. Webs crawled to the unconscious police chief's face, and held a hand on her neck, feeling a pulse, "She's alive. She passed out because of the smoke and was knocked out by these beams."

When Webs crawled away from the chief's face, Luggins woke up from her unconsciousness as her vision was blurry at first until it became clearer, and saw the Bad Guys in suits in front of her. Great. This was the last thing she would ever see in her life, "What are you all doing here?"

"Saving you, that's what we're doing," Snake pointed with his tail

But Luggins still had doubts about the Bad Guys' motives, "Is this a trick? Because I'm not falling for your criminal trick."

"Ugh, we don't have time for this. You have to let us help you," Wolf groaned as he offered her his paw, "Take my hand."

"I don't need help from criminals!" Chief Luggins shouted.

The argument was interrupted when another wooden beam fell down, and the whole seeing was starting to collapse when more rubble showered down on the remaining possible victims of the fire.

Wolf glanced down at the chief of police, and yelled impatiently, "Do you want to get out of here and live, or not?!"

Chief Luggins felt defeated. She didn't want to trust the bad. She didn't want to fall for their tricks again. The last thing she would ever do was trust them. But still, they were now inside a burning building, and it was going to collapse any second now, and she still wanted to live to serve the citizens of Los Angeles, and help those in need. Sighing in defeat, the chief took Wolf's hand as an acceptance of their help.

Then, Snake, Shark, Piranha, Tarantula, and Hornet joined in, holding both of the chief's arms, and started to pull her free from the beams as hard as they could, but Luggins was still stuck because of the wooden beams on top of her.

"Piranha, Webs, get those wood beams off of her!" Wolf instructed.

Piranha and Tarantula nodded as they moved to the back, and the remaining Bad Guys stayed with Luggins. Piranha and Tarantula lifted the wooden beams together one-by-one. When Luggins got loose, Wolf, Snake, Shark, and Hornet managed to pull her away from the beams before Piranha and Tarantula lost their grip, and dropped the beams down. Now that Chief Luggins was free, the Bad Guys helped her up on her feet, despite the fact that she felt weak after losing consciousness earlier.

"Come on!" Shark yelled as the team escorted Luggins toward the exit.

They let the chief run first or exit while following behind her.

When Chief Luggins made it out, the building suddenly collapsed behind her, and all that was left were rubble and ashes of the building. The only thing in the building was the door and the stairs where she was standing. She remembered the Bad Guys were still inside. Could they be still in there? Did they perish already, and the last time they did was saving her life?

To her surprise, the other cops rushed to her aid,

"Chief Luggins!"

"Chief!"

"Chief, that was a close one? You almost got crushed in there!"

When the cops and paramedics guided the police chief to one of the ambulances to clean up her wounds and bruises, Tiffany cut into the chief's side to get her side of the story, "Chief Luggins, how does it fell to survive from that burning building?"

When Tiffany held her microphone in front of Chief Luggin's face, she was about to answer, until she was interrupted by a sound of a screeching car from the side of the destroyed building; a black car drove off, and what was inside was the surviving Bad Guys themselves, which Luggins was surprised to this. With one last look, Wolf gave her a salute with his finger gesturing to a gun.

Chief Luggins just watched the Bad Guys car drive off without anyone noticing them. While the reporter was still waiting for her answer, she didn't know what to say because of her surprised reaction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later at night, the Bad Guys made it back to FasTogether to continue their day off. To make up for skipping his shift, Hornet decided to finish working until the restaurant closes, and Mr. and Mrs. Gardener already left for home, leaving Hornet in charge. The Bad Guys were sitting in the same booth they sat in earlier, and watched the news on TV.

"The chief of police refused to tell us the story of how she survived, but the only thing we all know is that everyone survived, and everyone got a happy ending," Tiffany smiled, ending her report.

Shark scoffed while eating his fries, "Not everyone. Chief didn't give us credit, but, eh, we don't want to be celebrities much."

"Look at us, guys, taking the high road," Wolf smirked.

"Eh, we're doing the right thing once in a while," Snake shrugged like he didn't care.

"Yeah, well, let's hope the Donut Patrol believed we're the Good Bad Guys now," Hornet chuckled.

"Oh, believe me," At the door was Chief Luggins herself as the Bad Guys turned their heads to notice her, "I believed it."

"Chief Luggins...You're... here," Tarantula said as she climbed on Shark's shoulder when the Bad Guys left their spots to face the chief.

"I wanted to come here in person... and thank you," Chief Luggins confessed, "I owe you Bad Guys a debt of gratitude for saving my life, and you have my word I am gonna honor that," The space between the Bad Guys and the chief of police was silent as no one responded to Chief Luggins' words of gratitude. Since the chief had nothing else to say, she cleared her throat, and said, "Anyway, um... you folks have a great day," she turned around to leave.

"Hang on a sec," Wolf called, making her halt and turn back again, "Because usually whenever you come to us, you bring 6 handcuffs."

Chief Luggins chuckled, "Not this time. And as far as that old rivalry we still have, we're all good,"

"Yeah. We're good," Wolf smiled as he extended his paw to the chief, and she accepted it as a friendly handshake, "Though, I'm going to miss you hating us."

"Oh, you want to rob a bank again so I can chase you? Haha!" Chief Luggins laughed hysterically, "You know, you guys are right. You may rob and steal for fun, but you seem to care for anyone other than yourselves."

"Which is pretty disgusting," Snake admitted, causing the rest to chuckle.

"Snake!" Wolf exclaimed in the middle of their laugh before talking back to Luggins, "Of course, we are. Being criminals is just the cards we played, and we enjoyed it, but we can't let our conscience haunt our heads when we hurt people along the way."

"Eh, your criminal records never showed any murder, homicide, threatening, or any type of killing," Luggins said.

"Actually, we did threaten people sometimes...," Shark admitted, but Tarantula elbowed him in the face, "But it's our looks and our reputation as our species. Can you even blame us?"

"As much as I want to, I still owe you guys," the chief replied, "Although, if you want to get chased again when you're in a mood for it, I'm open for it."

"Well, tell you what, why don't we start with dinner, huh? What do you say?" Wolf suggested.

"Yeah, it's in the house. My treat!" Hornet volunteered, much to the chief's confusion about how he would pay for the food, Hornet knew that look as the explained, "I work here."

Now she understood as Chief Luggins teased, "Well, I heard you Bad Guys know how to eat."

"See, here you go again," Wolf chuckled,

"Yeah, it's not tasers and gas station coffee, but you know," Piranha joked.

"Ah. Donut jokes, I get it. I get it," Luggins rolled her eyes, and took that joke too well as she joined the Bad Guys on their booth, and Hornet served them food as he joined them as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the dinner, the Bad Guys and the chief headed out of the restaurant, laughing with each other. The restaurant was clean, the TV got turned off, and the light was switched off. Hornet then turned the sign to "close", and locked the doors with the key.

"So, it's been a fun night with you, Chief," Tarantula said.

"You ain't so bad yourselves, but 'bad' is still part of your name," the chief clarified about their title.

"Hey, maybe if we get along a little longer, maybe we can be friends," Shark wished with a friendly smile.

"Yeah..., friends...," Chief Luggins nodded lightly since after the day they had, and despite the rivalry of the years, she had fun with the Bad Guys, and she owed them for saving her life after all... but she shook her head, and remember her duty as the chief, and the Bad Guys' reputation, "But you're still the Bad Guys! The famous criminals in all of Los Angeles. And it's my job to capture you."

But instead of taking it personally, Wolf smirked, and teased, "Oh yeah? Then the next time we see each other, we'll just remain... frenemies!"

Chief Luggins smiled smugly with pride as she extended her hand at Wolf, "Deal!"

Wolf smirked sinisterly as he took the chief's hand, and formed a handshake deal.

Without a word, the Bad Guys and Chief Luggins turned away from each to head back to their respective vehicle. But before she could reach her car, Piranha rushed behind her to get her attention.

"Look at me, look at me! Chase us already!" He jumped up and down with his fins and legs spreading like a happy child.

"Piranha!" The rest of the Bad Guys shouted behind him as Shark grabbed him by the head, and pulled him away.

The chief just shrugged, and headed to the driver's seat of her car.

When the Bad Guys got into their car, they caught a glimpse of Luggins, who pointed her two fingers in front of her eyes before pointing them at the group, and turned the vehicle around to drive back to the station

Wolf made a sly smile, and said, "That chief will get her luck again... someday."

The Bad Guys laughed as Wolf drove the car around, heading back to their hideout.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits:

Sam Rockwell - Mr. Wolf

Marc Maron - Mr. Snake

Craig Robinson - Mr. Shark

Anthony Ramos - Mr. Piranha

Awkwafina - Ms. Tarantula

Rhenzy Feliz - Mr. Hornet

Zazie Beetz - Diane Foxington/The Crimson Paw

Alex Borstein - Chief Misty Luggins

Brian Stepanek – Mr. Timothy Gardener, additional voices

Allison Munn – Mrs. Angel Gardener, additional voices

Lilly Singh - Tiffany Fluffit, additional voices

Linara Washington - Wendy Sullivan

Rafael Silva - Ed

Sierra McClain - Hilda

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author
I.M. Rally/Rally9933

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was also one of my favorite chapters. This was also another chapter of proof that the Bad Guys had never done some things that go beyond regular villainy. They might had fun doing crimes, but they wouldn't stoop so low.

Most of the scenes in the chapter were referenced by 9-1-1: Lone Star, The ATX-Files and Red vs. Blue.

I hope you like this new chapter. Happy New Year, everyone!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

3.1K 116 16
The Bad Guys have gone good and are now doing moonlit hero work with Governor Foxington and Gabi Santiago. Life seems good, but things are not alway...
1.1K 35 8
Mr. Piranha had a lifelong dream of becoming a famous singer. His friendship with the rest of the Bad Guys was put to the test when a musical band ar...
5.8K 106 10
A year after the events of the movie, the Bad Guys went back home to start a new life, but they felt so different when everyone in the city treated t...
8.4K 153 29
Andrea Tyler had always wondered things about her father; his secrets and past life. Moving to his hometown led to her uncovering the truth and horro...