The Rage Of A Child

By JabberwockTerrorcon

Based on GLTAS and Young Justice: Razer has found Aya, somehow, and they just want to enjoy life. They didn't... More

Vera
Margot
Sayd
Ganthet
Aya
Prison
Razer
Hal
Jeannie
Rampage
Fangirl
Big Red
Fear
Recovery
Reunion
Meet and Greet
Eavesdropper
Kryb
Adoption
Adaption
Extended Family
Identity
Piloting Lessons
Everyday Heros
How Fast Things Change
One By One
Current Events
Lock Up
Stages of Grief
Hope Burns Bright
Love Conquers All
Fathers
Crew
Silence
Fate
Just a Dream
the Pin Hole

Pathetic

167 9 4
By JabberwockTerrorcon

Jeannie had underestimated the jump down.

To be fair, all she had cared about in the moment had been she had seen red. And the only thing red on this planet was Vera.

And this blue and red guy apparently.

But Jeannie didn't have time to think of that as the ground came ever closer.

Until giant arms caught her.

She gaped at the large, intimidating alien before her, garbed in a green lantern uniform.

"Jeannie?"

Jeannie turned away from the big guy to see her sister flying above them. Red energy was slowly fading from around her.

"Ha! I found you! Take that little blue people and disco ball guy!" Jeannie snapped her fingers in triumphant.

"What? Never mind." Vera put a hand to her head. "Where are the others?"

"Who are they?" Jeannie questioned as she took at the crowd.

A green, robotic looking woman, blue and red alien dude, and...

"Green lantern? Well, I shouldn't be surprised." She said as she jumped out of big guy's arms. "But man I really want to meet John Stewart."

"He is coming." Green woman said.

"Really?"

"Focus Jeannie." Vera reminded. "Our siblings."

She was quickly losing patience for this whole pozer planet.

"Wait wait wait, my question still stands: who the hell are these people?" Jeannie was staring at Aya, wondering why she had no insignia, though she guessed she was a green lantern.

Vera sighed. "Aya, Razer, Kilowog." She pointed. "Now let--"

"You say that like I know who they are Vera! I don't even know Green lantern's actually name!"

"Its Hal Jordon, and why do you care?" Vera questioned.

"I like to know things!"

Vera was visibly more calm with one of her siblings, but was anxious about the others.

"So do I. Like where are the others?" Vera gritted her teeth.

They had all been through a lot. She shouldn't push Jeannie...then she remembered the four adults around them.

Jeannie did too. "Vera, I don't believe it: you made friends."

Vera seethed. "They are not my friends."

"Now she's really reminding me of Razer." Kilowog spoke, causing Aya and Hal to laugh.

Razer responded by glaring at all of them.

"You sure Vera, cause Blue and Red here seems a lot like you."

Vera gave her sister the exact same glare.

It was really quiet comedic.

But Vera shook it off. She didn't know these people. She couldn't trust these people. She couldn't let them keep her away from the others.

Under her breath, Jeannie whispered. "Are you super sure?"

Vera groaned. No, she wasn't super sure these were bad people. But they were adults! When had any adult ever been good to them.

But Vera couldn't ignore the fact that Kilowog had talked to her, and Aya had suggested taking her to her siblings, and Razer seemed a lot like her. And Vera had to admit, despite the comfort she had around the aliens she had met, it was good to see another human.

But still. They were adults. Just like her parents, just like her aunt and uncle, just like every police officer, child care service official, and hero who never helped them before.

She remembered that, the abuse her and her siblings had been left to for years. She let if fuel her.

She opened her mouth--

Just as someone else dropped out of the sky.

Dust from broken buildings filled the air, hiding the figure from view.

Vera stepped in front of Jeannie, and the interceptor crew stepped in front of her.

A red glow revealed itself through the white and green dust.

"Don't suppose that's Margot." Hal said.

"Nope." Razer replied.

The dust settled. A scrawny alien man was revealed. He scowled in a way he meant to be menacing but in reality looked childish.

"This pozer!" Kilowog groaned.

Ragnar, brother to Queen Iolande, stood before them.

"Oh." Vera said. "I thought it was a threat. But it's just the whiny red lantern."

Jeannie looked to her sister in confusion as Ragnar turned his glare to her. Vera ignored him.

"Little prince here got his ring cause he was upset his big sister got the throne on his home planet." Vera gave him a sad baby face. "Poor thing."

"Why you impediment..."

"What do you want Ragnar?" Hal sighed.

"If its to be plead your case to Margot, her decision is final: your ring is to be taken on site." Razer reported.

"A pretender to the red lantern throne." Ragnar hissed.

"Actually," Kilowog interrupted. "Its more of a council now. Sure, Margot is like the Supreme leader but she still takes input from--"

"Enough with the politics!" Ragnar shouted.

"Wait, if you wanted to be king of your planet, wouldn't politics have been your whole thing?" Vera questioned, crossing her arms.

"I'm still confused about this whole lantern thing." Jeannie joined. "I mean I didn't even know there were more than 3 green lanterns. And now there are other colors."

"Emotional spectrum." Her sister explained.

"Hello!" Ragner shouted. "Serious threat he--"

"Red is anger," Vera hooked her thumb back at Razer. "Blue is hope, green is willpower."

Jeannie blinked. "But willpower isn't an--"

"ENOUGH!" Ragnar screeched.

Everyone stared at him for a moment.

Then Vera laughed. "My youngest brother doesn't even have temper tantrums like that anymore."

Ragnar stepped towards her, Aya stepped in front of her, and Jeannie took a step back.

"And how dis you get your ring, child?" Ragnar spat. "You have a 'temper tantrum'" He made air quotes around the words.

Vera rolled her eyes. "You could say that. My abusive guardians--who I was sent to live with after my abusive parents died--tried to kill my siblings. I ended theirs first."

Ragnar opened his mouth to reply. Then shut it.

He had...not been prepared for that.

Vera laughed again. "That's why you're so pathetic. All the other red lanterns, I've heard their stories now. They lost people they love, in some cases their home planets. You? You betrayed your sister--your kind sister who never did anything against you--for a title. A meaningless title."

"Well," Hal said after a moment, leveling his ring at Ragnar. "She basically just summed up your story Ragnar. So we can skip anymore introductions."

That awoke the red lantern from his stupor. "None of you see me for the threat that I truly am."

"I thought that was obvious." Aya noted.

Ragner looked at the Willpower A.I. (does Aya still count as an A.I.?) In shock before shaking his head to regain focus.

"But I am of the breed loyal to Atrocitus." Ragnar said as his ring begin to glow a putrid red, a red of slow blood.

"Inbreed, more like." Vera said, but she clutched her sister's wrists.

"Really?" Now Kilowog chuckled. "Look around little prince. Its 4--"

"5." Vera corrected, waving her ring in the air.

"Against you."

"I believe you've miscounted." Ragnar smiled as six armored mercenaries fell from the sky.

"You guys need security in your sky." Jeannie mumbled as she tried to hide herself against a wall.

"O-kay. 4 against 7. We've faced better odds." Hal whistled. He turned to the kids. "Hey, maybe you two should leave these guys to us."

Surprisingly, Vera agreed. Taking her sister into her arms and a "you don't have to tell me twice." The youngest red lantern took off, flying through the Oaian streets.

"Is that wise? Letting her get away?" Razer questioned as the crew the interceptor got back to back, weapons aimed at Ragnar and his 'troops'.

"You really want two kids the babysit in a battle?"

"Good point. But something tells me thay girl could have killed everyone here if she wanted."

"Well maybe its a good sign in her favor that she didn't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 124 22
After dying unexpectedly from a traffic accident, Aria woke up inside the body of Cassia Clorance -- the villainess of the famous novel she just fini...
9.2K 1.2K 16
چ ئازارێکە کاتێک دەبینیت ئەو کەسەی خۆشت ئەوێ لەگەڵ کەسێکی تر لە پەیوەندیە بەڵام ئایە ئەو کچە ئەم خۆشەویستیەی هەر بۆ کوڕەکە ئەمێنێ؟
215K 5.1K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
13.8K 238 10
Aang thought his brother died 100 years ago along with the other airbenders but what actually happened will change his life forever when he sees a bo...