Daisy in a Meadow

Par EmmUrFav

Daisy Johnson has never had it easy. Whether it be at home where her mother hardly notices her, or at school... Plus

1 - Crazy Daisy
2 - Stranded
3 - Claustrophobia
4 - Bubble Tea
5 - Friend
6 - Ruby
7 - Cheer Squad
8 - Betrayal
9 - Home
10 - Lunchtime
11 - Captain
12 - Drunk
13 - Pool
15 - Secrets
16 - Underground
17 - Fight
18 - Groceries
19 - Closure
20 - Universities
21 - Intrusion
22 - Eavesdropping
23 - Park
24 - Dishes
25 - Movie
26 - Perspectives
27 - Phys Ed Class
28 - Distance
29 - Alone
30 - Christmas Eve
31 - Changes
32 - Badminton
33 - Tryouts
34 - Unannounced Visits
35 - A Deal's A Deal
36 - Acceptance
37 - Fight
38 - Expulsion
39 - Confessions
40 - Love
41 - Betrayal
42 - Break Up
43 - Regret
44 - Split Second
45 - Awake

14 - Followed

14.1K 507 171
Par EmmUrFav

Per Andre's directions, I headed upstairs and entered the first room on the right. It led me to a room filled with colour-coordinated towels, each neatly folded and smelling of fresh laundry.

"Wow," I murmured, quite impressed. I grabbed one of the many towels and began to dab at my wet shirt.

A moment of peace passed, until I suddenly felt someone grab my shoulder. I gasped and turned around to see that it was Justin.

I shakily spoke. "What are you doin—"

"Shh," he placed a dry, scratchy finger over my lips. "It's just me."

If anything, that unnerved me even more. "W-Why are you here?"

"Come on," he laughed. "Don't give me that. You clearly wanted me to follow after you."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't worry," he whispered at my frightened look. "I locked the door so no one can interrupt us."

Justin puckered his chapped lips and began to lean in. I gave him a hard slap on the cheek.

"Are you out of your mind?" I yelled in alarm. "First you called me a bitch, then you insulted my entire race, and now you have the nerve to try and kiss me without my permission? What is wrong with you?"

He looked stunned and clasped his red cheek. "Did you just... hit me?"

His face contorted into anger. Uh oh. I turned around and began to make a run for it, however, he grabbed me by my curly hair and dragged me back.

I screamed in pain and tears began to well in my eyes. "Ouch! Let me go!"

There was banging on the door from the outside, and I distinctly heard someone shouting my name. I was distracted when Justin suddenly grabbed my body and forced me to turn around.

"God, why do you keep playing hard to get?" he growled. "Y'know, every guy at this damn party was looking at you. You're lucky I was the first to actually approach y—"

I kneed him where the sun don't shine. He howled in agony and fell to the ground. With tears streaming down my face, I ran to the door. Just then, it was suddenly kicked open from the outside, causing me to cover my face and stop in my tracks.

With my heart pounding, I squinted my eyes to see who it was. Elias, Malcolm, and Andre were standing in the doorframe, and they each looked deadly.

One look at my teary face was enough to make Elias storm into the room and grab the boy by the collar, who immediately began to whimper.

I never found out what he did next, because Andre and Malcolm promptly ushered me away.

"Did he hurt you?" Malcolm fretfully questioned in worry.

"N-No," I stuttered, which often happened when I was shaken. "I mean, almost. But no."

"Are you okay?" Andre asked.

"I'm fine," I slowly whispered after a moment, wiping my tears away. "W-What is Elias gonna do to him?"

The two shared a look. "Don't worry about that. He's just gonna teach him a little lesson," Andre replied after a moment.

"Okay," I said. "I think I should go home now."

They both looked concerned as I began to walk towards the front door.

"You're not walking home alone," Andre said.

"Why?"

"You're drunk, you're a girl, and it's dark out. I think that says enough," he said. "Malcolm, I want everyone out."

For once, Malcolm did as he was told and headed for the living room.

"Party's over," he yelled so loudly that I covered my ears. "Everybody out!"

Groans and complaints erupted through the house, though everyone complied. The lights turned on and the music turned off as everyone began to file out.

"Come on, I'll drive you home," Andre said. He led me to his garage, which held a plethora of expensive-looking cars.

I silently followed his lead as he entered a flashy red Porsche. Meanwhile, he pulled out of the street.

"What's your address?"

"You can just drop me off at school, I'll walk the rest of the way," I said.

Andre gave me a look. I huffed before reluctantly giving him my address. It was quiet for a moment.

"How did you guys know to find me?" I asked.

"Elias figured something must've happened when you were gone for a bit too long," Andre said. "The better question is, are you alright?"

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "I'm a bit shaken. Nothing like that's ever happened to me before. Gosh, I'm so stupid."

"Hey, it's not your fault," he said firmly.

"I know. If I'd known that he would try and force me to do something with him, I never would've given him the time of day. I guess I just got excited at first because he was the first boy to show me attention, since, well, ever."

"What are you talking about?"

I blushed in embarrassment. "Come on."

Andre still looked lost. "What?"

"Boys hardly notice me," I quietly admitted.

"Oh, Daisy," he shook his head, looking almost sad. "If only you could see yourself the way the rest of the world sees you."

Before I could reply, Andre pulled up in my driveway.

"So this is your... house?" He poorly concealed his shock.

"Yup," I bitterly smiled. "Not much compared to your mansion, I know."

I exited the car, and Andre followed after me.

"Hey, that's not what I meant," he sounded guilty. "Is this why you wanted me to drop you off at school instead?"

I hesitantly nodded. "Yeah, I guess I just didn't want you to judge me once you realized that this is where I live."

Andre looked upset, and I almost felt guilty. "Look, I may be a bit... unfriendly sometimes—"

"Sometimes?"

"All the time," he corrected himself with a brief chuckle. "But I would never judge someone for where they live. Your house is perfectly fine. At least you've got a roof over your head, which is a lot more than others could say."

There was a small silence. Then—

"My parents are never home."

I looked up at him in confusion. "What?"

He looked a bit embarrassed. "I just... It may seem like I've got this huge house and this amazing family, but my parents are so consumed with work that they're hardly ever home, and even when they are, they don't acknowledge me. It's why I don't talk very much... sometimes it feels like they don't care to listen to me."

It was true. Out of the three boys, Andre was definitely the most quiet. However, when he did talk, he seemed to be the most insightful.

"I see," I nodded. "I shared my dirty little secret, so now you're sharing your's."

"Something like that."

We both chuckled.

Andre shoved his hands in his pockets. "Daisy, I think I owe you an apology."

"For?" I edged.

"Kidnapping you on the first day of school."

"And...?"

"Leaving you stranded in the rain."

"And?"

"Locking you in the janitor's closet."

"And?"

"Oh, cut me some slack," he huffed, to which I only laughed. "I think I seriously misjudged you—we all did. And we never should've treated you the way that we did. So, I really am sorry."

He cast me a small smile before bowing his head and beginning to retreat. I placed my hand on the door, though at last minute, I decided to turn back.

"Andre, even if your parents don't notice you, that doesn't mean you're alone," I softly spoke, causing him to freeze and turn back. "You've got three friends who would go to hell and back for you."

He looked confused. "Three?"

"Well, yeah—Elias, Malcolm, and me."

"Right," he looked like he was containing a smile. "I'll see you on Monday, Daisy."

"Yeah, goodnight."

We bid farewell, and with that I walked into the house. As I heard the roaring engine exit the driveway, a small smile graced my lips. Had I just made another friend? Wow, I was seriously on a roll this year.

I slowly trudged deeper into the house. The night's events had managed to slightly sober me up, and I was now beginning to feel exhausted.

"Mom, you're awake," I said in surprise.

She was sitting upright on the couch, watching television. However, she paused it to question me. "Where have you been?"

Oh, so now you care. "I was... out with friends," I said.

"Since when do you have friends?"

Ouch. "I dunno," I mumbled, looking down at the ground.

"What was that?"

"I said I don't know," I repeated a bit clearer, slightly annoyed.

"Hey! Watch your tone, Daisy. I'm your mother."

Yeah, well, you sure don't act like it. "Okay, sorry," I replied, before quietly treading upstairs.

It was funny how she was my mother only when it was convenient for her. I was the one that worked my butt off. I was the one that paid the bills. I was the one that bought the groceries. I was the one that cleaned up after her. Yet it didn't matter. To her, I was still little ol' Daisy, who she could boss around, who she could yell at when she had the energy to, who she could lock in a closet when I messed up.

Thankfully, she hadn't done the latter one in years, probably deciding I'd gotten too old for that punishment. Though no matter how much I grew, the mark remained.

Perhaps it was why I had straight As in all my classes. And maybe it was why I'd always been bullied at school. I wanted to be perfect, however I was also too afraid to talk back or defend myself, making me an easy target.

With a tired sigh, I changed into my pjs and climbed into bed, pondering my life.

*****

Hey guys it's currently 3am and I'm so sleepy but I'm determined to post this chapter right now. There's probably like a million mistakes.

Unfortunately the break's over soon, meaning I'll have less time to write, although I'll try my best to post a new chapter at least every week or so! Also random but I'm currently watching the new season of Ginny and Georgia on Netflix and I'm loving it so far!

QOTD: do you like sushi?
AOTD: yes

Hope you guys liked this chapter, I think it was my longest one yet! Please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed, and don't hesitate to leave me some constructive criticism!

Love, Emmanuela<3

01/06/2023

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

531K 11.4K 67
Read...
3.1M 78.2K 40
Loneliness is nothing new to Elena Kinsley. She had to grow up pretty quickly when her dad left her to work abroad, and she's taken care of herself...
His Nerd Next Door Par HoneyJewelz

Roman pour Adolescents

34.8M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
high school Par shanae segree

Roman pour Adolescents

44 1 7
In high school days