A Foot In Both Worlds| JJ May...

Por mrsfredweasley22

A girl caught between two worlds and two boys. What will Evelyn Blackwood do when she gets thrown into the cr... Más

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Paradise on Earth
Chapter 2: Riding Out The Storm
Chapter 3: Ship Wreck
Chapter 4: Motel or Meth Lab?
Chapter 5: Kegger?
Chapter 6: The Boneyard
Chapter 7: The Fight
Chapter 8: Lunch With The Enemy
Chapter 9: Diver Down
Chapter 10: Dance Lessons
Chapter 11: Under Duress
Chapter 12: I Promise
Chapter 13: We Aren't Flirting!
Chapter 14: Wanna Bet?
Chapter 15: Who's Bird?
Chapter 16: You're Not A Pogue
Chapter 17: Fantasy Or Reality?
Chapter 18: This Is War
Chapter 19: The Royal Merchant
Chapter 20: They Know
Chapter 21: Tell Your Boy We Know What He Did
Chapter 22: Arrested Who?
Chapter 24: Midsummers
Chapter 25: The Hawks Nest
Chapter 26: Let Me Explain
Chapter 27: We Found Water
Chapter 28: I Know Who I'd Choose
Chapter 29: Friends Still?
Chapter 30: Mechanical?
Chapter 31: Hydroponic
Chapter 32: Full Kook
Chapter 33: Best Liar
Chapter 34: It's A Set Up
Chapter 35: Promises Are Meant To Be Broken
Chapter 36: You Like Like Him
Chapter 37: The Cat's Ass
Chapter 38: We've Hit Rock Bottom
Chapter 39: The Whole Enchilada
Chapter 40: On The Run
Chapter 41: I'm Always Here For You
Chapter 42: The Phantom
Chapter 43: Goodbyes
Chapter 44: Running From Sadness
Sequel

Chapter 23: I'm Sorry

295 5 2
Por mrsfredweasley22

The ride to the police station was quiet. Evelyn just hoped that they'd get their in time before Luke showed up. She didn't even know if they'd let her dad bail JJ out since he wasn't his guarding.

"Thank you so much dad," Evelyn said getting out of the truck.

"Don't thank me yet, kiddo," he said, "We don't have him out yet."

"Get in!" someone yelled getting their attention.

Evelyn looked to see JJ opening a car door.

"JJ!" she yelled, but he didn't hear her.

"Looks like he's already been bailed out," Jake said.

"No dad, you don't understand," Evelyn said, "That was his dad. If his dad knows then that means—

A loud bang made Evelyn looked toward the car. The car started to shake, indicating that JJ's dad was hitting him.

"JJ!" Evelyn yelled starting to run toward the car.

Her dad caught her around the waist stopping her.

"Let me go!" Evelyn squirmed as her dad carried her to the truck placing her in the passenger seat, "I have to help him."

"And how exactly are you going to help him?" Jake yelled, "Are you going to fight off a grown man yourself."

"Dad we can't just leave him defenseless," Evelyn cried.

Jake signed hands on head, "You stay here. I will go in and get a police officer."

"Hurry," Evelyn said as more tears ran down her face.

She couldn't see JJ's car from where they were parked, but she was almost thankful for that. If she could see the car shake, see JJ's dad hit him, she'd be out of that truck faster than her father could go get an officer. She knew her dad was right though, what would she do? JJ could barley fight off his dad most times, what made Evelyn think she could? If she went over to the car it would probably just make things worse for JJ.

After what felt like hours, her dad finally came back to the truck.

"Did they help him?" Evelyn asked.

"They were already gone by the time the officer and I got out there," Jake said.

Tears streamed down Evelyn's face as her dad sighed.

"I'm sorry hun," he said.

"I should have been here. I should have just come straight to the police station. I—

"There was nothing else you could have done," Jake said taking his daughters hand, "You can't blame yourself."

"I just wish I could have helped him," Evelyn cried.

"You did your best," Jake said.

He squeezed his daughter hand twice to tell her that he loved her before starting the truck. It had always been the two's silent way of telling each other I love you. It had calmed Evelyn down multiple times as a child.

"Let's go home," Jake said.

Evelyn stared out the window as they drove back to their house. She didn't understand how this summer had gone too complete shit. She went into it thinking it was going to be one of the best summers of her life, and now JJ had been arrested. Hopefully since they were cooling it on the Royal Merchant stuff things would go back to normal.

She looked out of the front window seeing a familiar house coming up. Anger boiled in her body as she looked at it.

"Can you drop me off at Toppers," Evelyn said looking at her dad.

"Are you sure hun? You're pretty upset," Jake asked.

"Yeah. I forgot that I told him we'd hangout later," Evelyn lied.

"Okay, but make sure you're home by tonight," Jake said, "Wouldn't want to be late for Midsummers."

"I will," Evelyn said as he pulled into the driveway, "I'll see you later."

As soon as her dad pulled out of the driveway Evelyn stormed up to Toppers door banging loudly on it. She knew that Toppers parents wouldn't be home.

Topper swung the door open seeing the pissed off girl in front of him.

"Ev—"

He was cut off by her slapping him across the face.

"What the hell!" Topper yelled grabbing his cheek.

"That was for Pope," Evelyn yelled before slapping the other side of his face making Topper groan, "That was for JJ."

"This is for just being a fucking asshole," Evelyn said pulling back her fist to punch Topper.

The boy reached up grabbing her wrist. She tried to swing with the other one but he grabbed that wrist too.

"What is your problem," Topper asked as the girl tired to fight him.

"You are my problem," Evelyn yelled ripping her wrists away from him.

"What did I do?" Topper asked.

"What did you do?!" Evelyn yelled, "You helped Rafe beat up Pope, then you almost killed him at the movie while Kelce and Rafe beat up on JJ, and now JJ has been thrown in jail because of you!"

Topper just stared wide eyes at the girl, not sure what to say to her.

"And now you're just standing there with a stupid look on your face," Evelyn cried smacking Topper, "You ruin everything!"

Topper grabbed the girls arms as he held them down to her side. He had known Evelyn his whole life, and he'd never seen her like this.

"I'm sorry," Topper said pulling her into his chest, "I wish I could take it all back. I really do."

Evelyn, tired of fighting, cried into Topper's  chest as he held her. All of the emotions that she's been building up since they found the Grady-White in the marsh came flooding out.

After awhile of crying Evelyn sucked in a shaky breath.

"Why don't you come in," Topper said, "I'll get you some water."

"No," Evelyn said pushing out of his arms.

"Well I'm not letting you walk home like this," Topper said.

"Fine," Evelyn said walking into Toppers house and straight to the kitchen.

She watched as Topper walked over grabbing a glass of water and filled it up, setting it down in front of her, "Here."

Evelyn grabbed the glass, shakily bringing it up to her lips and taking a sip. Topper sat there and watched the girl, wondering how their friendship had ended up like this. They use to be so close. Topper could have told her anything without judgment. Now it was like they were complete and total strangers, he didn't know anything about her life.

When she finished the glass she sat it back down on the counter, "What?" she asked looking at Topper.

"I'm sorry," Topper said.

"Sorry for what?" Evelyn questioned.

"Everything," Topper said, "Everything I've put you through. You and I, we use to be so close. Now it's like we're complete strangers."

"Well that's not exactly my fault," Evelyn snapped.

"No, it's not," Topper agreed quietly, "I wish we could just go back to the way that things were."

"I think its a little late for that," Evelyn said.

"Well maybe we can't go back to the way things were," Topper said, "But I could do better from here on out. Maybe we could slowly become friend again."

"Topper," Evelyn said.

"I'm serious," Topper said walking around the island and grabbing the girls hands, "I didn't even want to do anything about the boat. My mom is the one who wanted to press charges, I swear. And I'm sorry about attacking Pope. I just lost my shit."

Evelyn looked up into Toppers eyes, he did look genuine in what he was saying.

"Please Bee," Topper said, "I want my best friend back."

She sighed, "Fine. But we aren't friend just yet. You have to prove it to me that you're going to actually change."

"I will. I swear," Topper said.

"Then we'll see where it goes," Evelyn said pulling her hands away from Topper.

"I promise, I wont let you down," Topper said, "Come on, let me drive you home."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

69.7K 930 39
𝘼 𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆 𝙐𝙋 is never the best way to begin summer holidays, but maybe Lauren and her new Pogue friends weren't ready for what was coming...
50.4K 722 51
discontinued "We're the Pogue's and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time." fem oc x jj maybank SEASON 1 started: 08/02/21 ...
333K 4.7K 43
Ivy King Rutherford comes from a wealthy family that live on the mainland of North Carolina. Spending her summers in the Outer Banks wouldn't be so b...
14.5K 238 38
I don't know what to do, it unbelievable, and I don't how to get over, get over, someone as dangerous, tainted and flawed as you. Moving to an unknow...