A Foot In Both Worlds| JJ May...

Por mrsfredweasley22

A girl caught between two worlds and two boys. What will Evelyn Blackwood do when she gets thrown into the cr... Mais

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Paradise on Earth
Chapter 2: Riding Out The Storm
Chapter 3: Ship Wreck
Chapter 4: Motel or Meth Lab?
Chapter 5: Kegger?
Chapter 6: The Boneyard
Chapter 7: The Fight
Chapter 8: Lunch With The Enemy
Chapter 9: Diver Down
Chapter 10: Dance Lessons
Chapter 11: Under Duress
Chapter 13: We Aren't Flirting!
Chapter 14: Wanna Bet?
Chapter 15: Who's Bird?
Chapter 16: You're Not A Pogue
Chapter 17: Fantasy Or Reality?
Chapter 18: This Is War
Chapter 19: The Royal Merchant
Chapter 20: They Know
Chapter 21: Tell Your Boy We Know What He Did
Chapter 22: Arrested Who?
Chapter 23: I'm Sorry
Chapter 24: Midsummers
Chapter 25: The Hawks Nest
Chapter 26: Let Me Explain
Chapter 27: We Found Water
Chapter 28: I Know Who I'd Choose
Chapter 29: Friends Still?
Chapter 30: Mechanical?
Chapter 31: Hydroponic
Chapter 32: Full Kook
Chapter 33: Best Liar
Chapter 34: It's A Set Up
Chapter 35: Promises Are Meant To Be Broken
Chapter 36: You Like Like Him
Chapter 37: The Cat's Ass
Chapter 38: We've Hit Rock Bottom
Chapter 39: The Whole Enchilada
Chapter 40: On The Run
Chapter 41: I'm Always Here For You
Chapter 42: The Phantom
Chapter 43: Goodbyes
Chapter 44: Running From Sadness
Sequel

Chapter 12: I Promise

393 7 0
Por mrsfredweasley22

"I mean its obvious right," John B said as they were all driving down the road, "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was going to get back to me, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible," Kiara said.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help...you know, deal with your sad feels," Pope said.

"Pope," Evelyn said.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies," JJ said.

"I'm not concocting, okay," John B said, "My dad is trying to give me a message."

"If it helps you believe, John B," Kiara said.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay?" John B said, "I'm not trippin' out."

"I think after what we all just went through, we wouldn't blame you if you were," Evelyn said.

"Look, my-my dad is missing, okay," John B said, "Missing."

JJ looked at Evelyn with a sympathetic look. They all knew how hard John B took his father being gone. And even though everyone knew that he was probably dead, John B just couldn't believe that for himself.

"You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened," John B said, "Just wakeup every morning wondering."

"It's been almost a year," Kiara said.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped," JJ said, "That's definitely a possibility."

"Yeah, could be in a soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere," Pope said.

"Absolutely...or Atlantis," JJ said.

"JJ," Evelyn said, "Look, what do you think the message is?"

"Redfield Lighthouse," John B said, "That's my dad favorite place."

- -

The group got out of the van looking up at the lighthouse in front of them.

"Right, so here's what's going to happen," John B said turning to JJ, "You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?"

"Wait...why me?" JJ asked.

"Because you're not coming," Pope said.

"Why?" JJ asked.

"Look JJ there are independent and dependent variables," Pope said.

"And you're an independent variable," Evelyn said.

"We don't know what you'll do," Pope added.

"Shut up!" JJ yelled at Pope.

"Listen to me for a second," John B said, "Evelyn, Pope, you stand look out with JJ. Okay? If we get split up we meet back at JJ's house."

"Fine with me," Evelyn said.

"Great," Kiara said walking toward the fence.

"I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay," Pope said walking toward the van, "And I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum."

"All right, would you just shut up already," JJ said playing with his hacky sack.

"JJ, don't be rude," Evelyn said.

"I'm not being rude," JJ said.

"You are being rude. And you and I both know it's just because you're pouting about John B not letting you go with them," Evelyn snapped.

"Whatever. You don't know anything," JJ huffed.

Evelyn huffed before walking over to the van where Pope was, "He's such an asshole sometimes."

Evelyn leaned on the side of the van watching JJ play with his hacky sack.

"That's JJ for you," Pope said.

"Well he shouldn't be like that," Evelyn said.

"I don't know why you two let each other get to you so much," Pope said.

"We don't let it get to us," Evelyn said.

"As a person on the outside looking in, I beg to differ," Pope said, "You didn't see how pissed JJ was the other night after the boneyard."

"Yeah JJ was pissed because Topper almost drowned John B," Evelyn said looking at Pope.

"No," Pope said, "You and I both know he had calmed down before he got into your car. And then when you dropped him off he came into the house and didn't say a word to me or Kie. When you didn't come in we figured you two had gotten into a fight."

Evelyn looked back at JJ, "We did get into a fight."

"What was it about?" Pope asked.

"JJ accused me of taking Toppers side when all I was trying to tell him was that pulling a gun on him was irresponsible. Regardless of what was going on," Evelyn sighed, "I mean come on, we all know that Topper wouldn't have actually drown John B."

"I would like to think that," Pope said, "But in reality he wasn't exactly making strides to stop what he was doing until JJ pulled the gun on him."

"I'm not getting into this with you right now," Evelyn said.

"Look, all I'm saying is maybe you should go talk to him," Pope said, "Maybe clear the air a little. He did help you earlier when you were having a panic attack and throwing up."

"Ugh," Evelyn groaned running her hands down her face, "You know, I hate you sometimes, Pope."

"Love you too," Pope laughed.

Evelyn walked over to JJ clearing her throat so that the boy would know she was there.

"Come to yell at me some more," JJ said.

"No actually," Evelyn said, "I came to apologize..."

"For what?" JJ asked.

"I came to apologize about our fight after the boneyard the other night," Evelyn said, "I should have been more on your side. I know that looking at the situation it looked like Topper was going to kill John B and that's why you did it. I guess I just freaked out on you because I wanted you to be safe. Guys like Topper get whatever they want, if he would have snitched you could be in jail right now."

"I guess I should apologize too," JJ said, "I shouldn't have accused you of taking Topper's side. I was just so worked up and I didn't understand how you could even be taking his side at all. Sometimes I forget that you guys use to be good friends."

"I promise from now on to do a better job at understanding why you do the crazy stuff you do," Evelyn said.

"And I promise to do a better job at understanding why you freak out about the crazy stuff I do," JJ said with a smile.

"Friend again," Evelyn said holding her arms out for a hug.

JJ walked over pulling the girl into his arms, "I don't think I could ever stop being friends with you."

His breath on her ear sent a shiver down her spine. She felt comfortable in JJ's arms. The fact that they almost died serval hours ago didn't matter so much anymore.

"Thank God," Pope yelled from the van making the two break apart, "I hate it when you two fight."

"Oh you know you love us, Pope," JJ said.

"I do," Pope said, "And that's why you two needed to make up."

"Oh and JJ," Evelyn said looking up at the boy who still had his arm around her, "Thanks for helping me with my panic attack earlier, and when I was throwing up."

"What are friends for, darlin'" JJ said with a smile.

Friends. Evelyn wasn't quite sure why but that word coming out of JJ's mouth sent a pang to her chest. Of course he had called her his friend, they had always just been friends.

Sirens approaching caught the two's attention.

"Oh shit," Pope yelled as JJ and Evelyn ran back to the van.

JJ hopped in the drivers seat as Evelyn hopped in the passenger seat with Pope still in the back.

"Should we wait on them?" Evelyn asked.

"No, you heard what John B said," JJ said putting the van in drive, "We'll meet back at my house."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

718K 19.9K 51
If I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes too. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 1 FIRST DRAFT ⸻ 05/08/20 → 07/17/20 EDITED ⸻ 02/09/23 → 04/19/23 #1st in...
2.8K 8 35
River isn't the type of girl who goes looking for a boyfriend. But, on the first day of summer back in the Outer Banks since the year before, a boy c...
35.1K 331 13
Y/N just moved to the Outer Banks with her aunt after her mother's death, she's never been there only few weeks at summer but never got along with no...
60.7K 597 50
Leilia is just a 17 year old dancer, being the highest kooks ever - meaning everybody knows who she is. BACKSTORY ; Leilia is originally from the out...