My IAS Husband

By Aadya137

Ria is a loving-chirpy girl who is going abroad for a job. Her whole life got hitched when she gets married t... More

Author's Note
Chapter1: Proposal
Chapter 2: Celebration
Chapter 3: Niharika surprises well!
Chapter 4: Ria's bucket list
Chapter 5: Nishita 's Truth
Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping
Chapter 7 : Baking lessons
Chapter 8: Noida
Chapter 9: Sukhi Dandi
Chapter 10: Not Meant for Me
Chapter 11: Rishi's Lessons
Chapter 12: What if I do?
Chapter 13: Last minute preparations
Chapter 14: Rishi is back
Chapter 15: Tilak
Chapter 16: Plan failed
Chapter 17: First Meet
Chapter 18: Finally it's happening!
Chapter 19: The Wedding Function
Chapter 20: Engagement
Chapter 21: First Date
Chapter 22: The Hidden Past
Chapter 23: Mending hearts
Chapter 24: Mehendi
Chapter 25: Bachelor's Party
Chapter 26 : Saath Feere
Chapter 27: First day
Chapter 28 : Haridwar
Chapter 29: Back to Benaras!
Chapter 30: Rishi is back
Chapter 31: Ria in Noida!

Chapter 32: Get Together

6.2K 237 71
By Aadya137

"Oh, Sorry..." Rishi said as he suddenly entered and found Ria fixing her makeup in a deep neck cut blouse while being half draped in a dark blue Benarsi saree. Ria hurriedly covered her chest, pinning the saree as she observed Rishi looking at her from the mirror. In that instant, a sudden ring of a phone call breaks their eye contact.

"Important call. I'll have to take this." Rishi left after checking his phone.

"Poonam, why were you late in bringing my Gajra( flower string)?" Ria asked as she observed Poonam entering. She was done with her final touch-up.

"Mam, actually, Sir was here..." She could not finish and kept the Gajra on the side of the dressing table.

"Alright, help me with making my hair then.." Ria responded with a smile.

After a while, Poonam asked after fixing her bun with Gajra, "Mam, are you satisfied?"

"Completely satisfied!" Ria beamed with joy.

"Ria, ready?" Rishi asked as soon as he entered his room. The air was filled with his strong cologne.

"Yes, almost done, just give me some more minutes... I'm about to get it finished." Ria said as she just finished applying thick sindoor and was about to wear her choker neckpiece.

"Alright, hurry up, we have to reach on time." Rishi reminded.

"Poonam, hand those bangles to me, fast!" Ria panicked.

"How am I looking?" Ria asked excitedly.

"Gorgeous and very beautiful, mam!" She complimented.

"I m done. Let's go." Ria hinted as she found him busy on call at the corridor. For a moment, it was difficult for Rishi to take his eyes off her.

"Ramesh, get those files ready before I reach tomorrow." He replied on the call. The duo settled in the car and began heading toward the venue.

"Do these kinds of get-togethers are organized occasionally or on some regular basis?" Ria asked curiously.

"I have just called the whole department with their family for a kind of lunch party. There were many who wants to meet you so I organized it as a casual get-together." Rishi replied with a grin on his face.

"What! Why haven't you told me earlier?" Ria panicked.

"I dressed casually, I would have dressed according to function...then tell me honestly am I dressed up to the mark? " Ria whispered innocently in a tense state as she came close to his neck. Rishi was quite stuck for an instant and then took his time to respond.

"Why are you so worried... you look absolutely beautiful and fine...." He replied looking towards her.

"...besides, it's just an informal lunch party, it's always better that you are not overdressed than being undressed..." He tried to console her.

"Really?" Ria confirmed out of anxiety.

"Trust me..." He affirmed with a confident smile.

"Are you looking at that cafe? Here, people say, it's best for its coffee..." Rishi asked while pointing towards the cafe.

"Yes..."  Ria replied while looking towards the window. His hot breaths over her neck were enough to make her feel hell-anxious. She clenched her fist to hide her reaction while Rishi was demonstrating more places to her. Soon, the duo reached the venue.

"Are all arrangements done?" Rishi asked the Mamager as soon as they reached the hall. Ria was amazed to find the top-notch preparations by the hotel.

This would be truly hell-expensive!

One by one gradually, guests with their families started arriving. Ria was actively present with Rishi attending to each guest and looking after their needs.

"Sir, honestly speaking, madam and you both are a couple, made for each other!" One of his subordinates praised him.

"Well, you got lucky, got such a pretty wife!" His senior official complimented.

Ria was with other ladies getting used to their environment. She was not having any idea that there was a department ladies club. She was soon admitted to the group.

"Indeed, Ria, the get-together and lunch both were amazing. Let's catch some other time!" One of the senior official's wife praised her.

"Definitely for sure. Thanks for coming." Ria replied. Soon, the get-together got over. The duo became a little tired after going through an engaging day out.

"Poonam, prepare some tea for me,"  Ria ordered and went for change. Rishi did not come back as he have to leave for the office for some urgent work.

"How is my Snow? It's indeed refreshing weather. Would you like to stroll along the road with me?" Ria asked lovingly sitting on the porch near the garden. The weather became a little windy and quite pleasant to cherish.

"Bauhh..." Snow replied quickly. After finishing tea, Ria took Snow for an evening walk.

"Every time in the morning, your dad takes you out, it's nice to go with your mum, too?" Ria asked him before they reached the nearby grocery store.

"Indeed, when someone has Ria's company how can't it be nice and thrilling?" A strange yet familiar voice interrupted in between. Ria turned to find the person and was stuck for a moment, to find that it was his batchmate, Ayaan. Suddenly, past memories of his proposal in IIT and then later, threatening her... all of sudden flashed one by one consecutively.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in a serious tone.

"Why am I not welcome?" He asked with a smirk.

"By the way, long time no see... You have changed a lot... I must admit, you look prettier than before..." He complimented once he checked from top to bottom.

"Baauh, baauh..." Snow interrupted in between as he barked at him.

"Your puppy is cute, just the same as his master." He complimented her while ignoring the puppy. Ria ignored him and went straight to the store.

"Some bread, eggs, and cheese please..."  Ria ordered quickly as she wanted to escape.

"Just a minute, mam." The sales boy began collecting the items.

Ria got busy with a phone call but when she came back, the sales boy handed her the package and before Ria could scan it, he replied politely, "Mam, that sir, already paid the bill while you were away." This made Ria quite irritated by his unbearable gesture.

"Anyway, thanks," Ria replied and took the package. She went straight towards him, who was busy on his phone right at the entrance.

"Ayaan, why did you pay the bills?" Ria asked and forwarded the package to him.

"Ria, common, don't get me wrong. I have come to meet my cousin whose residence is coincidently located in the same area as yours. I was paying bills for mine so I did it for yours too...  I'm not going to take it back." He humbly responded.

"Treat me to lunch someday, if you are really thankful. I will stay for about a week. Come to meet my sister, it will be nice if I get some of your time..." He replied with a warm smile.

"We will see if that is possible, but now I'm getting late... I will take my leave, Bye." Ria tried to escape as quickly as possible.

"Ria, wait a second. " Ayaan called her from the back. Ria turned in dismay.

"Not again..." She mumbled.

"Are you afraid of me?...or from the last time incident?" He asked with concern.

"Ria, that all happened in reflex... Please, don't mind. I hope we are still friends as we were before  and rest assured, I have accepted that presently, you belong to someone else." He said with assuring smile.

"It's good to know about your thoughts..." Ria replied with relief.

Meanwhile, while they were busy conversing, Ria observed that the car just passed by them belonged to Rishi.

"Bauhh.." Snow barked to catch some attention.

"Alright, Ria, now that we are friends. Let's catch up this weekend for lunch." He replied excitedly.

"Ayaan, I have just shifted here, unpacking has not been done completely... I can't promise but I'll try..." Ria responded in a rush.

"Now, that you have come here, would you like to come and meet my husband?" Ria invited.

"No, it's late. I will visit your place and meet your husband some other day, alright?" He politely declined.

"By the way, what's his name?" He asked curiously.

"...." Ria was hesitant to speak. Instead, she texted him.

Rishi Agrawal

"Oh my god... Ria, you have changed for real!" He commented.

"Change for good! Okay, I'll see you, bye." She returned while taking Snow with her.

"Maybe, change for good, but for how much longer that I can't promise..." Ayaan said with a smirk.

"Snow, it feels like your Dad is already home... Let's rush..." Ria mumbled.

"And I was right... see the car has already arrived..." Ria rushed.

"You are back, how was your work?" Ria asked as she entered. She found him in the drawing hall.

"You were late, where you have been?" Rishi interrogated while sipping tea in his cup.

"I went to get some fresh air," Ria responded.

 "Ria, still you took a long time, was Snow troubling?" Rishi asked in a serious tone.

"No, My Snow is always obedient, we were just enjoying the weather.." She replied and with a smile and went to get fresh.

"Poonam, Poonam..." Rishi called.

"Why does your mam have to get the groceries, own her own? Have all servants died already?" He taunted.

"Sorry Sir, it was Mam's own wish. We could not argue more." She said politely keeping her head down.

"See, these things don't get repeated." He ordered.

"Sure, Sir. Rest assured." She replied. Meanwhile, Ria came and joined them.

"You know, last weekend itself, I posted our pre-wedding and wedding photos, and my Insta handle is flooded with blessings and good wishes. I can't just get over it. People are praising us as a couple and especially my choice." Ria shared with a beaming smile.

"Really?" Rishi asked with a smirk.

"...then that means, you indeed have good taste." He commented and left. It took a while for Ria to understand.

"Narcissist!" She shouted behind his back.

At the dining table, Ria was serving him the dishes while Rishi was already on a call.

"No problem, Sir. Service always comes first." He replied while having his glass of water.

 "Alright, goodnight, Sir." He greeted him and soon, ended the call.

"All okay?" Ria asked curiously.

"Actually, the reason I had to go office after get together was, we are assigned to go for training, so I was preparing for my leave," Rishi replied.

"What? All of a sudden..." Ria asked in an amazed state.

"So, when are you going for the training?" Ria asked in a serious tone.

"I'm afraid, the training is going probably going to last for a week and I have to leave by tomorrow morning," Rishi informed halfheartedly.

"So soon?" Ria astonishingly replied as it was hard to accept.

"Are you okay? Why had you stopped eating?" Rishi asked.

"I m fine," Ria replied while having a bite.

"How about we go for having ice cream after dinner?" Rishi asked excitedly to elevate the ambiance of the room.

"No, I'm not in the mood," Ria replied.

"...but I have heard that Ice creams in Noida are best in Frozen Stone. I'm a bit feeling to have the same. Will you accompany me?" Rishi tried to console her. After dinner, Ria slightly opened up,

"You know, I was researching about designing our garden, I thought this weekend, we would do this task, together..." Ria said in a sad tone, sitting next to him in the car.

"If you want then I can ask Ramesh to get things you want... You don't have to worry about these small things..." He said and stopped as they reach the venue.

"Is he even capable of replacing you?" Ria asked seriously. Rishi was personally stuck for an instant. Her unwillingness was clearly hidden in her words.

"I'm sorry that I will not be able to accompany you for this week. Let's do this surely when I'll be back." He said calmly and side-hugged her for a bit.

"Ria, now are going to tell me, which flavor you do like?" Rishi said in husky tone for bringing back the mood. He brought her closer to him.

"Strawberry..." Ria responded after being a little guilty. She was amazed at how he could take these words so maturely while her statement showed mere childishness. She was amazed on herself that how could she say such harsh words, the fact he was leaving after her being in Noida for the first time had created a strangle feeling unfamiliar to her. 

Rishi took her sightseeing, the whole of Noida city was lighted and busy roads and traffic instilled the feeling that the city never sleeps.

"Here is your Strawberry Ice cream." Rishi gave her as they came out of the car.

"Thank you." Ria thanked him genuinely.

"How is this look of the city?" He asked while having his ice cream.

"Acha, jab mene aapse wese kaha toh apko gussa kyu nhi hue?( Why did you not get angry on listening to my words?") She asked while gathering her courage.

"What do you think of me? Let me know this today..." Rishi smiled at her and later, asked playfully.

"Kind... "

"And only kind...?"

"caring..."

"Ria only caring...?"

"Supportive..."

"Come here, why never I know about them?" He took her in a hold from the front. The headlights of the car were heading the path while they were enjoying the view from the bridge.

"You are making it difficult for your husband to go... Earlier, I thought with being a little self-willed and determined, my one-week training would pass easily but now I feels a little reluctant to go. I don't wanna go..." He opened his heart.

Ria herself was not knowing why this time she closed her eyes while they were in a hug. Maybe the warmth of that hold was something beyond to express but only feel and cherish at that moment. Being silent, she let her stay in that state for a while.

"Mere dil me tumhari kya jagah hai eska tumhe andaza nhi hai, Ria... rahi baat en baato ki toh  me unme  chupeh tumare jazbaat samajhane ki koshish kartah hu me jaha tk ho sake.." ( Your place is my heart is beyond your expectation... I try to understand the hidden feelings behind your words as much as I can...)

"Apna khayal rakna, koi bhi chiz ki zarurat ho toh Poonam ya baki kisi aur naukar ko bol do, tumhe khud karne ki jarurat nhi..."("Take good care of yourself. If you need anything, call Poonam or any other helper, you not need to specially do it on your own!")

 He pecked her forehead and gently released her from his hold. Ria did not respond but nodded on his say.

"let's head back, I have a morning flight..." He reminded.

"When?" Ria questioned.

"Morning five, you need not wake up..." He said while caressing her hair. 

The duo head back home. Rishi took no time to get into a deep slumber but Ria was not in the mood to sleep. While turning to his side, she wondered, "what good deeds I did do in my past life that I got him?"

She herself did not know when did she fall asleep. At exactly thirty minutes before five, she woke up in shock and first checked her phone to see the time.

"I can still make it." She jumped out of bed and rushed to the kitchen.

Rishi came with his luggage as soon as she served Tea with toast and scrambled eggs on the tabletop.

"What was the need of all this fuss?" He complained.

"You are not going to say a word. It does not take time to prepare but surely it takes to have. Please sit... We still have time." She said and made him finish full.

After he finished, he soon got a call. His cab was waiting outside. When he was about to leave, he turned, put his trolley aside, and pulled Ria closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and took her into an affectionate hug.

 He gently cares for her hair and said in a husky voice,

"Wait for me. I'll be back soon.."  He kissed her hair gently. After he left, Ria was not knowing what made tears fall from her eyes.

Ria went back to her bedroom, and rather than going to her side, she took the side on which Rishi sleeps usually. She could feel the warmth of his side of the bed. The cologne present on the quilt made her miss him more.

She herself does not know when she slept. When she woke, it was already ten. On checking her phone, she saw a text sent by Rishi.

"Reached Dehradun.."

"The place is a bit chilly and windy here..."

Ria was embarrassed since the message was sent three hours ago by him and now, she was replying to him back.

What would he think of me? Why am I so careless always?

"Take care of always wearing long coats while you move out and prefer hot water for drinking." She replied with instructions.

Rishi sent a beautiful picture of the scenery as he got her text.

"The place seems to be so magical and captivating! I wish, I would be there..." Ria expressed her wish.

"Is that so?" Rishi asked in a startled state.

"Why not then plan our honeymoon in some North destination?" He flirted.

"Hey, I didn't ask for it?" Ria complained.

"That means you already have a place in your mind.." Rishi replied.

"I didn't say that either..." Ria texted back.

"Mrs. Rishi Agrawal, it's seems I have to still know a lot about you... Since this much is not sufficient either..." Rishi didn't drag the discussion.

"That's right..." Ria replied gladly.

"Anyway, got to check in the hotel, see you, bye..." He texted.

"Alright, take care, bye," Ria replied.

"Now, let me also get fresh, it's been already, late..." She rushed to take have a bath.

When she came down, she saw Snow playing in the garden.

"Shit, I forgot to take Snow out, Poonam. Actually, your Sir used to take him out." Ria panicked.

"Relax mam, I already took him out," Poonam said with a bright smile.

"Really, you saved me, today!" Ria exclaimed.

"Mam, your breakfast is already prepared, where would you like to have it?" She asked politely.

"Place it in the garden, it seems to be a fresh and bright day... Bring Snow, some snacks too!" Ria instructed.

"Alright mam, right away..." She replied.

While having breakfast, Ria got a call from Shikha, her best friend while they had masters in IIT.

"Hey, Ria, what's up?" She asked.

"Hey, Shikha, everything is great, you say..." She replied elatedly.

"Of course, enjoying married life, aren't you?" She questioned excitedly. Ria was shy to decide what to say on such a pretext.

"You are the first to get swayed in this trap in our batch... Everyone is surprised by getting news of  your sudden marriage and many admirers' heart had already got broken..." She commented.

"Stop it, Shikha, what are you trying to say?" Ria asked while finishing her coffee.

"Did you forget about Ayaan? I genuinely felt bad for that guy. He is worthy of you, being post-graduated with a dual degree, he would be never short of money. His looks were also up to the mark and the fact, he proposed to you, which was known by the whole college.." She replied.

"Anyway, let's not bring this up, Shikha... it's all useless because you know it very well, that it was never from my side..." Ria replied.

"I know, you are heartless when it comes to rejecting..." Shika commented.

"...Shikha but you might not believe but I met him yesterday in our area's convenient store," Ria replied.

"Oh, so I was thinking right, he could not take his first love lost? Isn'it?" Shika replied.

"Not actually, he described that his sister lives in a nearby locality, and it was just a pure coincidence..." She replied.

"Didn't you get scared while seeing him abruptly for the first time after your marriage?" She asked curiously.

"I know, I was anxious a bit, but then he himself apologized for the threats that he used to have and told me that he has accepted my marriage." She replied.

"Isn't it amazing then?" Ria replied.

"If he does, then it's great for himself, anyway keep distance from himself. It's good for you.." She replied seriously.

"Don't worry, I will take care of it... You say, how..." The two besties took a long time to put down the call.

"Anyway, when am I going to meet, Jiju?" She asked playfully.

"He is not in Noida," Ria replied.

"Oh, where is he who left his newly wedded wife alone?" Shika questioned.

"He went to Dehradun for work," Ria replied.

"Why don't you come here and accompany me for few days? Two of us would have a lot of fun together." Ria replied.

"Alright, anyway my job now can be taken care by being at home so I can manage it anyways... Gonna book tickets, wait for me, darling! Let's spend this weekend together." She replied excitedly.

The duo ended the call. Ria was astonishingly happy that her best friend was coming to meet her.

"Snow, you know what you are going to meet Shika by tomorrow, we will have a lot of fun, okay? Are you excited?" Ria asked with a bright smile.

"Mam, the new furniture delivery will be done by the afternoon," Poonam informed Ria while holding the phone in her hand.

"Thank God, all furniture will get altered by today itself because tomorrow my best friend is coming to spent weekends with me..." Ria informed.

"Poonam, let's go and I want to go and get some home decor items for the drawing room." She informed.

"Actually, the furniture will be placed and wall painting in the drawing room is fine for me, I need to get some more decor items along with some more painting to match my taste..." She said and quickly went for change.

"Shika, my bestie in IIT is coming to spend, weekends with me. Gotta do lots of preparations." She texted him.

Though Rishi does get the vibration from the phone, still he could not check it since he was in the middle of a meeting. Meanwhile, Ria is dressed in a pretty blue outfit.

With hands still full of red bangles and Mehendi not worn out, Ria dressed up in dark sea blue. She kept her look simple with minimal makeup and kept her hair half clutched. With small earing and wearing a gold watch, she completed her dressing up.

They first went to Banjara Market where she got the table toppings that she already chose online. Getting those items in a local shop was quite a good decision both quality-wise and penny-wise.

She got a few paintings and one black chandelier in her drawing room. Poonam helped her a lot in getting them at the right price.

"You made my day! You are so good at bargaining!" Ria expressed her joyfulness.

Next, on her list was getting a few cushions for her living room, since she had already sufficient for the drawing room. She went to the next handloom shop nearby for getting them.

Lastly, they took a few metallic planters for the pots that she decided to keep inside, and then the duo came by late afternoon.

"Poonam, let's start placing them, come on!" Ria asked without even relaxing a bit.

"Mam, I feel you should have a break. The outing would  have been a little exhausting for you, let me ask someone to bring fresh lemonade for you." She requested.

"Alright, even if I feel, it would be better if I get fresh and change into some comfy clothes, fine..." Ria went to freshen up.

After getting into some light kurta, she checked her phone after a long time.

"Oh, it's good that you got company, have fun! Don't tire yourself too much!" Rishi texted.

"When you will be back you will be surprised to see our home!" Ria replied out of excitement.

She heard a knock as soon as she kept her phone down. It was Poonam carrying a tray with glass and a jug full of lemonade.

"Come in, Poonam..." Ria called her in.

After having a chill glass of sweet lemonade, she asked for another one.

"It was need of the moment. It's really refreshing!" She complimented.

"Did you call the carpenter?" She asked.

"Yes Mam, I asked Ramu kaka to bring him, before early evening." She replied.

"And gardener? I want to shift the pots into metallic ones?" Ria questioned while enjoying the lemonade.

"Mam, he will be there in about fifteen to twenty minutes, I suppose..." She replied calmly with a smile.

"Okay, that will help us to anyhow set up all the items of the decor for both the drawing and the living room. It sounds so relieving, isn't it?" Ria asked her.

"Indeed, mam, you are right..." She replied.

"Let's start with placing small items in the drawing room," Ria suggested.

"Mam, sir have strict orders to take special care of you having your proper meals especially. If he gets to know that you skipped your meal, then things will become very hard for us..." Poonam tried to explain her situation.

"Okay, Poonam, you won. Get me lunch quickly after which we'll be finishing this task." Ria agreed.

After having lunch, Ria found the drawing-room quite lively and spacious after the furniture was fixed. With the help of a few servants, she added all sorts of decor items that she got from the market.

 After a while carpenter came with a helper, she instructed him keenly and put the frames accordingly to her choice. Her drawing look got finally completed, once the carpenter finished adding the chandelier tothe center of the ceiling.

She loved the planter that she shifted to the metallic pot herself. Altogether, she was quite impressed with the drawing room view as it was not only warm and yet classy but all the aesthetics that she selected made the overall look very well suited and perfect according to her style. She was very well satisfied with her work.

"Good job guys! Poonam get them some tea for refreshments." Ria ordered.

Next on her list was renovating her living room which opened to the front side of her backyard. The views of fruit trees while sitting on the swing were quite soothing and refreshing. She completed the look by adding some cushions that she bought from the handloom store and artificial flowers placed on the center table. The carpenter fixed the Banjara painting on the wall center and Ria added a few pots on the side open to broad day light from long big windows.

"Poonam, it's looking amazing...! I had never done this all on such short notice but my best friend was going to come by tomorrow, I couldn't help it..." Ria expressed her views.

"I feel like staying here and not going anywhere... It's looking just the way I wanted..." Ria shared her thoughts.

"Lastly, Poonam, arrange for someone to keep most of the pots near the balcony there... and ask the gardener after potting the pots in the front yard, to trim the grass of both areas by tomorrow. Got it?" Ria clarified.

"Yes, mam, no issues..." She replied with a smile.

Ria finally went to her room to rest after wrapping things up. At seven in the evening, Rishi dialed Ria but she was unable to take his call.

He called Poonam to know about her whereabouts.

"Where is Ria? Why isn't she taking my calls?" Rishi asked curiously.

"Sir, mam was busy in the renovation of both the drawing and living room so much that now just before an hour itself, she went to get rest. May that's why she is unable to take the call." She replied.

"Oh, I see... Take care. Don't let her sleep without having dinner." Rishi ordered.

"Sure, sir. Rest assured." Poonam replied.

Hope you liked this chapter! All my lovely readers, your votes and comments are highly motivating and appreciable. I would like to thank to all for spending time in my book and voting for same!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 264 34
A Love cum Arranged love story !! A beautiful story of Disha and Rishabh that's filled with love. Udaipur ki simple si ladki aur Delhi ka famous Bus...
127K 4.4K 31
Mom....... What is wrong with you? How can you think that she will be perfect for me? Listen I just came here because you insisted me no not insisted...
1.3M 51.3K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
268K 13.9K 33
Anitha auja: 23 years old, talkative, bubbly and sweet personality, she likes to talk and eat others ears, one can sell her best friend for food, lau...