The Brain and the Bass Guitar...

By adult_disneyprincess

Derek Hale is a loud mouthed Londoner with the band Unknown Artist. He's been in the tabloids for everything... More

Coming Soon
Chapter One (Mature Content)
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve (Mature Content)
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue-One Year Later
Character Ask

Chapter Four

9.6K 481 43
By adult_disneyprincess

Stiles has never been for one for silence, and right now he was beyond uncomfortable. Derek was sitting next to him, tapping away on his phone, and Stiles stares out the window while they drive to the hotel room. Stiles does say anything, and he turns towards Derek when he lights a cigarette. "You shouldn't smoke. It's bad for you." Stiles says, looking back out the window. Derek just snorts before blowing smoke in Stiles direction.

"Yeah, so is a lot of things that are fun." Derek hums, and Stiles doesn't say anything to him as the hotel comes into view. Stiles has no idea how he's going to explain this to Scott, and he wipes his hand over his face. The car stops by the curve and there's a small crowd out of his hotel room. "Make it snappy, yeah?" Derek says, and Stiles does his best to glare before he gets out of the car. He's not intimating at all, no matter how hard he tries, and the crowd gets excited before calming when they see that it's him.

Stiles takes several deep breathes while he makes his way to the hotel room, and Stiles walks to his hotel room. He opens the door to see that Scott has finished packing everything away, and he's waiting impatiently on the bed. "Dude! What took so long? Our plane leaves in like half an hour." Scott tells him, and Stiles tries his best to smile at him.

"I'm not going back with you." Stiles says, his voice small. Scott looks at him in surprise before sitting up to look at him. Stiles is doing his best not to cry, he's been surprisingly calm about all of this, and he shakes his head as he grabs his things.

"Why? Dude, I know that sex is great and fun, but there's no need to stay married to the guy." Scott tells him, and Stiles wipes his eyes. "Whoa, don't cry. Tell Scotty everything that happened, okay?" Scott says, and Stiles sniffs.

"The judge wouldn't give us an annulment because we had sex, and the law here doesn't grant a divorce until we've been married and living together for a year." Stiles tells him, and Scott looks at him in disbelief. "They can do that. I wish they couldn't, but they can." Stiles tells him as if reading his mind.

"What's his name? What's his deal? Why isn't he fighting this?" Scott demands to know, and Stiles chuckles softly before he grabs the rest of his things.

"His name is Derek Hale." Stiles says, and Scott's eyes widen some. "I think he's a singer or something." Stiles adds, and Scott moves to tap on his phone while he doesn't say anything. Stiles sighs to himself before he moves to get the last of his things. His father is expecting him home today, how is he going to explain that he won't be home for a year? Stiles makes a squeaking noise at that, and Scott looks at him before pulling him closer.

"It'll be okay, Stiles." Scott tells him, and Stiles shakes his head. It isn't going to be okay, it cannot be. He's married to a stranger in a foreign country, he knows it's not going to be okay. "Derek Hale is a richy rich asshole from the band Unknown Artist, he's the bassist. The leader singer is Erica Reyes, Jackson Whittermore plays drums, and Isaac Lahey, who is dreamy, is the lead guitarist and back up singer." Scott tells him, and Stiles doesn't want to tell him that he really doesn't care. "Dude. Derek's written like thousands of songs about not wanting to get married or settle down, and his last girlfriend tried to stab him when he broke up with her." Scott tells him, and Stiles wants to slam his head against the wall.

"Well, I am married to him. And I will be married to him for the next year." Stiles hisses, and he instantly looks at Scott apologetically. "Scotty, I'm sorry. This is just a lot to take in and he's kind of mean to me. I don't want to go live with him, I want to go home. What am I going to do with my doctorate interview?" he sniffs to himself.

"Stiles, man. It will be okay. I have to go back to Beacon Hills, but I'll get you a lawyer there and we'll have you home soon." Scott tells him, and Stiles looks at him before he smiles at him. "Okay? Let me help you take your stuff down." Scott says, and Stiles nods his head before his best friend takes his hand to lead him back down to the car.

****

Derek leans his head against the head rest, his head still throbbing from last night, and he sighs. His "husband" needs to hurry his ass up. How long does it take to grab his stuff, the guy properly has like one bag. Derek doesn't know he thinks about Stiles, what the hell kind of name is Stiles he wonders, and sighs impatiently as he flicks his cigarette butt outside. Some fans are outside, but Derek really doesn't want to talk to them. He loves his fans, they have the best fans, but not right now.

Derek cannot deny that his husband is...pretty. That's the only word that Derek can use to describe him, he's not sexy or hot, he's beautiful and pretty. He's pretty sure his jaw dropped to the floor when Stiles told him that he didn't want his money, and he doesn't believe him. Everyone wants money or fame, even doctors or what the hell Stiles said he was. "What is taking this guy so long?" Derek asks, slamming his head against the window.

Derek hums to himself as his phone rings and he looks to see that it's his lawyer/agent Gregory. "Hey." Derek says, and he looks out the window to see where Stiles is.

"Good news, Derek. Unknown Artist record sales have gone through the roof at the announcement of your recent marriage. Apparently, the fans are happy that you're settled down now instead of angry that you're no longer off the table." Gregory tells him, and Derek wipes his eyes before he speaks to him.

"Why the fuck is my accidentally marriage in the media?" Derek demands, and he knows that Gregory released it for the publicly. "I wanted all of this to be kept secret." Derek hisses, and Gregory laughs at him. "This isn't fucking funny. How am ever going to explain what happens in a year when he goes back to America and we divorce?" Derek tells him, and Gregory tuts at him.

"You let me worry about that, Der." Gregory tells him, and Derek looks up to see his husband walking back to the car holding hands with another man.

"I've got to go." Derek says, hanging on him. He really doesn't think it's good for his image if his husband is holding hands with another man, and he opens the door while slinging back so his fans don't see him. "Took you long enough." Derek tells him, and Stiles climbs into the car. He thanks the driver, Derek doesn't even know his name, for putting up his bags. Stiles' friend, boyfriend or whatever, glares at him not that Derek cares.

"I'll call your dad for you, okay? Don't worry, we'll get you home." His friend tells him, and Stiles smiles at him while he looks at him.

"Thanks, Scott. Call me when you land, okay? Don't miss your flight." Stiles says, and Scott smiles at him before he leans to ruffle his hair for him. "I love you. Don't miss your flight." Stiles repeats, and Scott smiles at him.

"I love you too. If anything happens, let me know?" He says, and Derek pretends he's not listening in as they talk. He's a little smug that Stiles would cheat on his boyfriend with him, and he hopes that he knows that Stiles was loud when he screamed his name last night. "I'll call." Scott promises him, and he turns to look at Derek. His face is sweet and innocent, even now when he's trying to glare at Derek, and he doesn't look threatening. "I don't care who you are or how rich you are, do not hurt my best friend." Scott tells him, and Derek snorts.

"Always nice to meet a fan." Derek says, slamming the door closed in his face.

****

The car ride to Derek's loft is even quieter than the ride to the hotel, and Stiles stares at the window before turning back to Derek who's on his third cigarette. "You have no right to talk to Scott like that or to anyone." Stiles tells him, and Derek snorts in amusement. "You're so disrespectful to people." Stiles sighs, looking out the window at Derek's loft which the outside is crowded with people. "Why are so many people here?" He asks, looking around and Derek puts out his cigarette before looking at him.

"There all trying to get a glimpse of me and my new husband." Derek tells him, and Stiles looks at him with an unreadable expression. "So here's the deal, Stiles. For the next year we are going act like a real couple. You'll come with me to award shows, tweet me cute little messages, and act like we love each other. At the end of the year, our divorce will make headlines for a few weeks then you get to fade back into blackness." Derek tells him, and Stiles glares at him.

"No. I'm not lying to people. This is your fault just as much as it is mine. I'm going to work on my doctorate and explore England." Stiles tells him, and Derek glares at him while he moves closer to him. "I don't care who you are or how much money you make. If I wanted to I could divorce you and take half of every you own, get spousal support till I die, and sully your image so bad you won't sell another album." Stiles threatens him, and Derek's face doesn't change. "I have a genius IQ, I'm only nineteen and I'm months away from a doctorate, I speak thirteen languages. You have no idea what I'm capable of." Stiles tells him, and Derek almost smiles at him.

"I don't, but I look forward to seeing." Derek tells him, moving get out of the car when it stops. "Smile and wave to camera, princess." Derek says, and Stiles moves to get out of the car. There's a crowd of people at the apartments, and Stiles doesn't like this. Stiles hates crowds, hates too many people around him at once if he doesn't have a friend with him or his father.

"I don't want to do this. I don't like crowds." Stiles tells him, and Derek huffs before he turns to see Boyd making his way towards them.

"Take him inside. I'm going to sign autographs." Derek says, and Boyd nods his head. Stiles climbs out of the car to smile at Boyd, who doesn't smile back but Stiles doesn't take offense, and he walks beside him. Derek walks towards the crowd where he smiles widely and starts taking pictures with them while he moves down to sign autographs, and Stiles doesn't pay him attention as he moves to get inside as soon as possible.

"Have long have you known Derek?" Stiles asks Boyd, and Boyd looks at him for a second before he walks him inside.

"Since the band began." He answers, coolly. Stiles decides that he likes Boyd, he reminds him of his father in the way that he's always cool and collected, and he follows him where he needs to go. Derek's loft is huge, the living room is twice the size of the apartment has with Scott, and Stiles turns to look at Boyd. "There's a guest room down the hall." Boyd tells him, and Stiles nods as he moves to make himself at home.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790K 32.2K 25
Completed Stiles "accidentally" let it slip to a group of very popular girls that he was gay, which really meant he had a master plan to get a hot...
280K 12.6K 22
Stiles Stilinski just wanted to have one last crazy weekend with his best friend before he enters graduate school. He didn't account for getting thro...
231K 6.9K 25
This is a new book not related to any of my others. Stiles has a boring life, boring house, and boring hobbies. But when his best friend is bit by a...
330K 11.6K 9
Cover credit:SepticGirliplier At first Stiles didn't mean to intrude but now he finds it fun to crash Derek's lectures. Especially when his students...