Sunlight on your face (Shuri...

By letitiasonlyangelxx

"They said the sunsets in Wakanda were the most beautiful thing in the world, but as I sat there watching the... More

Chapter 1: Intrigued
Chapter 2: The taste of rum
Chapter 3: more important things
Chapter 4: helpless
Chapter 5: tempting
Chapter 6: pathetic and petty
Chapter 7: survival mode
Chapter 8: away from reality
Chapter 9: late November
Chapter 10: snowball fight
Chapter 11: nostalgia
Chapter 13: tense
Chapter 14: that smile
Chapter 15: destruction
Chapter 16: water around my feet
Chapter 17: empty
Chapter 18: distraction
Chapter 19: those sad eyes
Chapter 20: no holding back
Chapter 21: great news
Chapter 22: a false sense of safety
Chapter 23: into the abyss
Chapter 24: breathe
Chapter 25: lucky day
Final Chapter: surprise
Epilogue
Authors note

Chapter 12: something to watch

1.3K 57 17
By letitiasonlyangelxx

The next days were spent by lying around on the couch, eating cookies and leftovers while some movie was playing in the background. Shuri really started to open up, after we had talked about my mother, and we spent a lot of time in the studio. I taught her the chords of an easy Ed Sheeran song, and we looked through my mother's old songs.

Christmas was already two days ago, and we had planned to go out with Ava and Riri today. We wanted to get dinner at our favourite Sushi place and afterwards go to a club that had only recently opened. I put on a short black satin dress with dark tights underneath, and before we left, I threw my coat over it, slipping into my black boots. Shuri looked hot, well she always did, but that evening she looked especially hot. Wide black trousers hung low on her waist, and she had put on a matching oversized suit jacket with a white tank top underneath.

Ava was already waiting for us in front of the restaurant, smiling widely as she spotted us.

"Heyy guys... You both look hot!" She greeted us pulling me into a hug. Riri arrived at that moment, wrapping her arms around Shuri before greeting me. Ava and I went ahead, steered towards our reserved table.

"So... how is it going with Shuri?" She asked raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

"It's actually going quite well, she met my dad and Willow, and they love her," I answered smiling fondly.

"I'm glad to hear that, you seem really comfortable around her," She pulled me to into her side, giving me a quick squeeze, "I missed you,"

"I missed you too," I answered, sitting down on the opposite side of the table. Shuri and Riri joined us, Shuri taking the seat next to me.

"Alright, let's order, I'm starving..." Ava groaned picking up the menu.

We ordered two plates of Sushi to share with each other. While we waited for the food, Ava and Riri updated us on the newest gossip. Apparently, there was a lot going on at school. They were just telling us about some bloke getting caught cheating on his girlfriend when the waiter arrived with our food.

After we finished all the Sushi and successfully got tipsy off our drinks, we made our way to the club. It was located on the rooftop of a building near Central Park. When we arrived, it was already packed with people, and you could barely hear anything over the music. We ordered a round of shots as soon as we made it to the bar, quickly downing them before steering towards the dance floor.

We were moving to the music, when two guys approached Ava and Riri wanting to dance with them. This happened every time we were at a club, as soon as we went to the dance floor, the others would disappear after seconds leaving me by myself. Luckily this time I had someone to dance with.

Shuri had her arms around my waist, swaying to the music. I turned around, pressing my back to her front. Her arm went around my waist keeping me close as I ground on her. The alcohol made me loosen up, so I put on a whole show for her. I kept my eyes on hers as I turned around, moving my body against hers. She watched me with a smirk slightly biting her lips as she let her hands move lower from my waist. We kept on dancing for a while until we got too warm, so we went to the bar ordering two more shots. I was leaning on the bar trapped by Shuri's arms on both sides. She was standing behind me, her body pressed against my back.

"You look so hot in that short dress of yours..." she whispered into my ear making me shiver.

"Behave yourself," I answered provocatively pressing myself closer.

I noticed someone standing very close to us and as I looked up my heart dropped. It was Kim. She had been my first girlfriend, and even though we had broken up years ago, I knew she meant trouble. Shuri's eyes followed my glance, straightening up at the girl standing in front of us.

"Hey y/N, long time no see," Kim said pulling me into a hug. I had no idea how to react, and I feared Shuri's reaction.

"Hey Kim," I answered quickly escaping her arms, "Uhm, this is Shuri my uhm..."

"Her girlfriend..." Shuri interrupted my stuttering, demonstratively putting her arm around my neck.

"I'm Kim, her ex- girlfriend," Kim answered with an arrogant smirk on her lips. I felt Shuri tense up next to me, but she continued acting like everything was alright.

"It's nice to meet you," she said sweetly smiling at her.

"Yeah, you too..." Kim answered keeping her eyes stuck on me, "Well, it was great to see you, we should catch up sometimes, I gotta get back to the others,"

She smiled at us before marching off to her friends.

"Oh, and by the way... you look hot," she said smirking over her shoulder and winking at me.

Shuri tensed up. I took her hand leading her away and out of Kim's view.

"I am so sorry, I had no idea she would be here, I swear!" I apologized immediately.

"I'm not mad at you, you didn't do anything wrong, it's just the way she had to hug you and how she basically undressed you with her eyes, while I was standing right there. Also that comment in the end... she knew exactly what she was doing," Shuri muttered with a frown.

"I know, I have no idea what her problem is, but we'll just ignore her, I'm here with you, there's no time to be pissed about my ex," I shrugged my shoulders before leaning in to press a kiss on her lips.

I hadn't forgotten how she had called me her girlfriend in front of Kim, but I wasn't sure how to address it, so I just kept quiet.

After getting some more shots, we went back to the dance floor. The alcohol made me feel woozy, as I was moving against Shuri, her hands on me. Suddenly her whole body stiffened, making me turn my head to look at her.

"She is literally staring at you the whole time, what's her fucking deal?!" She hissed into my ear.

I followed her gaze, seeing Kim watch us from a couch on the side of the dance floor.

"Just ignore her, she's just trying to piss you off..." I muttered trying to block her from Shuri's view.

"Well, it's working, I don't know what history you two have, but it's obvious that she still wants you..." she muttered letting go of me, "and I don't want to be part of shit like this..."

"Shuri, wait! What are you talking about?" I yelled over the music catching her arm to keep her from leaving, "I swear I don't know what she wants, we broke up a long time ago, and I'm completely over her... Besides, I'm here with you and won't let my stupid ex ruin our evening."

"I know, I'm trying to ignore her, but that's quite hard if she's literally eating you up with her eyes..." she muttered glaring in Kim's direction.

"All right, I'll give her something to watch then..." I gave her a smug look, before wrapping my arms around her neck pulling her against me and pressing my lips on hers. It was probably the alcohol, but I blanked out everyone around us. The only thing I felt was Shuri's lips on mine and her hands roaming over my body. I slipped my tongue into her mouth, tasting the tequila on her tongue. Kim was completely forgotten when Shuri pressed my lower body to hers, her hands on my ass, our lips never leaving each other.

"Let's get out of here," she mumbled against my lips.

"But we can't go home, my sister and my dad are there," I muttered, between kisses.

"You just have to be quiet..." She smirked with a wink.

I detached our lips to look at her raising my eyebrows.

"I'm kidding, we'll figure something out," she chuckled as she led me through the crowd off the dance floor. We looked for Ava and Riri, but they were busy with the guys from earlier, so we just texted them that we were leaving.

"So now, what do we do?" I asked breathing in the fresh night air.

"Oh, I know exactly what I want to do..." Shuri smirked pulling me against her pressing her lips on mine. She slipped her hands under my coat wrapping her arms around my waist.

I chuckled as I pulled away to look at her, "You know what I mean..."

"Yeah, I know... we could get a hotel room," she said not letting go of me.

"I don't think we'll find one at this late and just shortly after Christmas..." I noted.

"I am the queen of Wakanda, trust me we will find a room at any hotel we want."

We held hands as we walked to the closest hotel. The lady at the reception was confused at first, but as soon as she recognized who was standing in her lobby, her facial expression changed. She booked us into the biggest room they had available, telling us to just call if we needed anything. We took our room keys making our way to the elevator. Shuri's lips were on mine even before the door closed completely. We almost missed our floor, busy with making out. Our room was at the end of the hall and Shuri struggled to open the door as I was kissing her neck. As soon as we entered the room, Shuri pushed me up against the wall, her lips on mine and her hands sliding under my coat. I felt every inch of her body on me as she took of my coat, leaving me only in my short dress.

"You look so hot in that dress," she said looking me up and down before kissing my neck. I felt her hand slip under my dress. My breath hitched as she touched me through the fabric of my tights. I let my head fall back in pleasure.

She played with the hem of my tights before pulling them down only leaving my dress on. She kissed me as we stumbled to the bed, before pushing me down and settling between my legs. Her arms looked incredible in just the white tank top as she got on top of me. She broke the kiss, scooting down on the bed before pushing up my dress and placing soft kisses on my inner thighs. I let out a breathy moan when I felt her mouth on me. The warmth of her tongue made me go crazy, my hips pushing up against her mouth. It didn't take long before I fell apart under her touch. The events of the evening were completely forgotten as I pulled her up to kiss her lips  and slipping my hand inside her trousers.

"You told Kim earlier that you were my girlfriend... how did you mean that?" We were lying in the hotel bed, her arm was around me and my head was resting on her chest. I didn't dare to look up at her, fearing what her answer might be.

"Oh, don't worry, I only said that to shut her up... but it didn't even work," she chuckled.

I felt my heart shatter at her tone, she said it as if there were absolutely no feelings involved, as if she hadn't just spend Christmas with me and my family. I felt stupid, because there I was thinking that she actually liked me, whereas for her this was nothing serious...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 7.1K 51
After the events that had traumatized you, meeting Shuri felt like the first breath after diving from a cliff.
54.4K 2.5K 31
Namor and Black OC "I hadn't realized he was slowly backing me into a corner until I hit the wall. He was so close to me that I could feel his breath...
38K 1.1K 31
You've been searching for this long and hard.. You've been staring at it all along.. You've been searching for me all along.. You don't have to ke...
109K 4.5K 36
Namor wants to burn the world, but he needs help to do it. He's in search of ancient magic that is rumored to be in Wakanda...in the form of a woman...