Rogues

Oleh Caleb_Brosme

Nathan Bryce is the next alpha in line, his pack has lived in River Valley for generations. Caleb Brosme is a... Lebih Banyak

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Author's Note

Chapter XIII

288 15 1
Oleh Caleb_Brosme

- Maya -

It took some time and a lot of convincing to get alpha Alaric to agree on sending me back. Even when he said it was fine, he was still dubious. I still don't understand why Nymeria would rat me out like that, there have been no incidents. At least none that ended in an actual fight. Thank the Goddess Caleb backed me up on it. He can be very persuasive when he wants, and everyone likes him. Perks of being a future beta in command, I guess. Either way, thanks to the hunters arriving we almost missed school for the rest of the week. It's Friday and I'm at the mall with Nadia, she took me at my word of going out with her someday.

- Hey, what do you think about this one? – she asked holding a white blouse from across the coat rack.

- Yeah, it seems nice. – I said tiredly.

Don't get me wrong, I love clothes. For the first two hours or so I was totally into this. But after a while, it starts getting old. On top of it, there is no pleasing this human. Sorry, Nadia. I should stop doing that. She's nice, it's not her fault she was born human. See, I did it again.

- You sure? Isn't it too... taki? – she asked. This is what I mean. There is always a flaw to all the pieces of clothing she's shown me.

- Nah, it looks cool, try it on. – I almost forcefully grabbed the cloth and dragged her to the fitting room.

- Okay, okay. – she laughed while I was pulling her.

I stood outside while she changed. Normally I wouldn't care and get in with her, but these people have different customs and I don't want to impose them. At this point, I'll do anything to get her to buy something and leave. Just how long does this girl take to get change?

- What do you think? – she said, opening the door.

The blouse looks nice, it's completely smooth and the silk is so clean. It fits her perfectly, highlighting her skin tone. I have a good eye for this.

- So? – she added. Oh, right, I'm supposed to comment.

- It looks great, you should buy it. – I told her, praying she will. She looked in the mirror once more, turning to get all the possible angles.

- Yeah, I think it's nice. Besides, I don't have any white blouses anymore, not since my cousin ruined mine. – she added. Finally!

- See, even more reason to buy it. – I said.

- Okay, fine. I'll go get change, be right back. – she said happily and entered the room again.

While she changes, I think it's best to look around. I never found something that suited me. Maybe I shouldn't try. The money Alaric gave us was for emergencies, not to buy fancy things. Besides, who would buy a 400-dollar blouse? It's not worth it. Meddling through the clothes I found a beautiful dark blue jacket. Scraped at the ends which made it look even cooler. Oh, my Goddess, I think I'm in love. I grab the price tag to read 599 dollars. I sighed.

- Hey, I forgot to ask, why didn't you come to school this week? – Nadia asked coming out of the fitting room.

- Ummm, the flu. – I lied, lamely excusing us.

- All three of you? –

- Just me, but the guys didn't want to risk it. – I clarified.

- Huh, that makes sense. Are you feeling better? – she asked kindly.

- Yeah. – I replied immediately.

- You haven't stopped looking at that jacket. Try it on. – she said, finally making my eyes part from the piece of clothing.

I didn't protest and took it off its hook to try it on. It's warm and would keep me warm during winter. Not that I need it because I'm a werewolf, but still. I walked towards the nearest full-body mirror. It's gorgeous. Elegant and simple at the same time. The colors are just so deep, I love it, and it's exactly my size. It fits perfectly. So sad I can't afford it. I sighed in disappointment.

- Wow, you look stunning. – Nadia complimented.

- Thanks. – I smiled.

– You should buy it. I bet Caleb will drool when he sees you. –

- Thanks, but I won't. – I said more to myself than Nadia.

- Why not? – she asked surprised.

- It was very expensive and I don't need it. It's okay... – I assured her, giving up on the idea of having it which, believe me, was harder than I thought.

- Come on, you deserve it. – she tried convincing me. Don't do this to me, I do want it.

- No, it's fine. Besides, I should save that money for Caleb's gift. – I said casually, walking towards the counter. She followed me.

- Gift? Why? – she kept asking. She wants to know everything, it's starting to stress me.

- Because his birthday is coming. – I said quickly, not realizing what I just said.

- Really? When? – she said excitedly.

I shut my eyes hard. Oh, goddess, what did I do? I just screwed up by telling her his birthday is around. Caleb doesn't like celebrating his birthday and never has. I didn't know when his birthday was until we were 15. And he didn't even tell me, it was his father. Not once has he accepted a birthday party, just some gifts... nothing too expensive though.

- I don't know... - I stupidly tried to excuse myself.

- You just said it was coming. –

- I don't know what you're talking about. Come on, let's buy that blouse. – I tried changing the subject.

- No, don't play dumb. When is his birthday? – she asked stubbornly.

- I shouldn't. – I said.

- Why not? –

- Because he doesn't particularly like people knowing when his birthday is. – I explained barely.

- Why? – she kept pushing. I looked away. – Oh, come on. You already started; might as well finish. – she insisted.

- It's personal and not my place to tell. – I countered convincingly.

- Fine, but do you think he'd like a birthday party? – she wondered.

- No, definitively not. He doesn't despise his birthday, but he certainly doesn't like celebrating it either. – I quickly dismissed that party she was planning.

- Okay, what can we do then? – she asked.

- You don't have to do anything. – I told her.

Why is she so stubborn about this? Not a month before she didn't even know we existed and now, she wants to throw a party for us. Humans can be so welcoming and warm in such weird ways.

- Nope, no way. – she disagreed.

- No, really. You shouldn't even know his birthday coming in the first place. There is no need. – I said firmly but nicely.

- Can you at least tell me when exactly? – she inquired. I sighed and shook my head. I shouldn't – Well I'm not giving up. – she said making me smile at how honest she is.

I don't think she's ever lied to us, not once. Of course, we've only met a couple of days ago, but still. She's kind-hearted, not just putting facades. That's exactly the reason why I agreed to come. We paid for the blouse and headed out of the store, it was a good day. We were speaking nonsense when I suddenly bumped into someone.

- Oh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention. – I apologized quickly to the figure in front of me. He turned around.

- Don't worry. – his voice was familiar. When I finally see his face, it's Jake. – Maya? – he said dumbfounded.

- Uhhhh, yeah. – I said, feeling annoyed instantly.

- Hey Jake, how are you? – Nadia joined in happily.

- Nadia hi... - he said still taken aback. – I'm fine thanks. What are you two doing here? – he asked more calmly.

- We went shopping. – she answered simply.

- Really? You two? – he asked surprised, looking straight at me. What a jerk, he doesn't know me. I refused to speak so I just nodded.

- Yeah, we bought some things. How about you? – Nadia asked, but he kept looking at me.

- Oh, nothing. Just accompanying some friends. – he answered vaguely. – I thought you'd be with Caleb, you know, you're boyfriend. – he said that last part sarcastically.

- He's catching up on work with Nathan. So, I came here to kill time with Nadia. – I responded harshly. It's none of his business.

- How come you aren't catching up? – he asked cockily.

- Because the only work we have is the chemistry project and I'm paired with my brother? – I asked rhetorically.

- Well, it's nice seeing you here, maybe I can buy you a drink or something. – he said flirtily. I rolled my eyes.

- Thanks, but I'm not interested. – I declined firmly.

- Oh, come on. I'm just being friendly... unless you want something else. – he said with a stupid smug on his face.

- Jake, she has a boyfriend and she's not interested, drop it. – Nadia aided. If you ask me, she's being too kind.

So, this is how it's going to be. Whenever Nathan is around, he'll behave, but otherwise, he's just going to be the same stupid idiot. Wow. How can alpha Nathan allow this? This lack of respect, loyalty, and will follow commands, our pack would never allow it. It's just how it is, we follow orders because we respect the alpha. We don't let our recklessness get the better of us like these domestics seem to love doing.

- So what? I'm better than him in ALL ways. – he gave me a seductive look, causing my stomach to revolve. Disgusting.

- Jake. – Nadia said irritated.

- No, it's okay. – I assured her. Fine, I'll play along. – So, you're better than him, huh? I don't see how. – I mocked him.

- Come with me and I'll show you. – he said looking at my body.

- Oh, please. – I said with a seductive tone while getting closer to him till our bodies met. – You wouldn't even know what to do with me. Face it, I'm too much for you. – I said looking directly into his eyes.

I kept my hands on his chest, seductively playing with his shirt. He's taller than me, he's probably a bit taller than Caleb as well. But he's nowhere as strong as him, I can beat him up easily. Caleb would destroy him. Huh, he's at a loss for words, not knowing how to react. I can hear his heartbeat pacing faster by the second. His scent gives him away as well, he's nervous.

- How predictable. – I mocked him, stepping away from him. – Bye now. – I said and started walking away with Nadia. – Come, let's go find the guys. – Fortunately, the mall isn't too far away from school. Everything in this place seems to be within walking distance, I like that.

- Dude, that was badass. – Nadia complimented me, making me smile.

- Thanks, but he's the ass. – I said and we laughed at the stupid joke.

- I thought he was going to leave you alone after last week's showdown with Caleb. He seemed ready to kill Jake. – she said, making me remember that day.

To be honest, Caleb did warn us that he would be a little more protective, but I never expected him to act like that. Seeing him angry is always unsettling and scary. He's usually so nice and quiet, that when he gets upset, he looks like a completely different person. I've seen him angry before and trust me, it's not pretty. It was during a fight with Dyrus. After Caleb won beta in command, Dyrus was insufferable. He kept defying Caleb's every move and command.

Eventually, Caleb grew tired of this. The drop that spilled the glass was when he meddled with his family. To my friend, there's nothing more important than his family. Caleb destroyed Dyrus in the fight. Not even during the trial did he lose that badly. I even had to help Dyrus heal from the wounds. So many broken bones, I hated every bit of it. But Alaric asked me nicely, so I couldn't refuse.

- Yeah, he wouldn't have though. – I assured her.

- You know him, don't you? – she wondered.

- Since we were little... we've been friends since I can remember. – I said, remembering all the things we've been together and a smile grew on my face. - He is one of a kind. -

- You love him. – she stated rather than asked, but I felt the need to reply.

- I do... – I said. I do love him, not like a mate, but I do love him like a friend.

She sighed. – That's so nice. – she said, almost melancholic I'd say.

- You and Nathan are quite a pair. How long have you been together? –

- A little more than a year. But... - she stopped herself. She looked away.

- What? –

- Sometimes I feel like he's hiding something. Not just him, all his friends know something, and they just keep it from me. It's weird, but I don't think they like me too much. – she opened herself to me.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. She's not wrong, they are hiding the werewolf world from her. It's stupid of Nathan to keep it from her for so long and even more to believe she wouldn't notice. But as much as I want to tell her, it's not my place.

- Really, why is that? – I played dumb.

- They always stop talking whenever I arrive. It's like I'm intruding and they can't wait to get rid of me to continue speaking. I know when I'm not wanted around. – she explained further.

- Yeah, I can relate to the feeling. – I empathized.

- That's not what bothers me the most. I've always known Nathan is hiding something, but I thought that after so long he'd trust me enough to tell me. – she said more seriously.

- Then why did you agree to date him? –

- Because we all have secrets and stuff, we don't want others to know. I understand and respect it... and I do like Nathan, but it hurts that he doesn't trust me. I don't know... at first, it didn't bother me that much. But seeing you with Caleb just made me feel...excluded. Not just by his friends but by Nathan as well. I mean, you two just look so happy and in sync. You act like two best friends dating and make it look so easy and simple and nice. I just wish Nathan and I could be like that. – she poured her heart out. It's affecting her.

- I understand, but he does like you. – I tried offering but she just chuckled.

- Thanks, but sometimes I get the feeling he'd rather be with his friends than me. – she said starting to get a little upset.

- Oh, come on, it can't be that bad. – I said dramatically.

- The other day with you and Caleb was the first time we've gone out on a date in weeks. – she replied, her scent turning blue again. We may have something to do with that, domestics kind of entered in crisis when we arrived. - We haven't gone on a date alone in months. - Yikes, maybe it is that bad.

- Okay that cannot stand. You need to have a serious conversation with him. – I said firmly, making her smile. If Nathan isn't going to take his relationship seriously, then he better break it off.

- And say what? Hey, what is it you are hiding, tell me. – she said with a dramatic and jealous tone.

- If it comes down to it, yeah. – I said.

- I don't want to force him. – Nadia rejected it, she's too nice.

- This is starting to affect you and it's okay to tell him how you feel. I'm not saying just throw it out right away but start touching the subject. – I told her.

- It's not that simple... – she kept making excuses.

- Yes, it is. Trust me, Caleb is probably tired of hearing me complain, but we are still okay. He also comes to me whenever I did something wrong that upset him. It's all in the communication. – I told her firmly but nicely. She just needs a little push of confidence.

- Yeah, maybe you are right. – she agreed. Her scent became calmer.

I stopped walking which caused Nadia to do so as well, she gave me a confused look. We've been walking for a while, any closer and we'd be at a hearing distance from Caleb. He probably wouldn't pry but I can't risk Nathan finding out. This conversation is private, and I get the feeling she hasn't said everything she wants to.

- Why'd you stop? – she asked since I did stop all of the sudden.

I carefully considered telling her about the werewolf world. I don't know why but she is very kind and honest, I get the feeling I can trust her. It's weird. But can I trust her, or better even, should I? I just met her a week ago. Huh, humans aren't as bad as I thought. Maybe Caleb is right, and I should give domestics a chance. After all, they are just wolves who grew up with human customs.

- Maya? – she asked more concerned. Right...

I sighed deeply. – Just... don't overthink it. You've been together for a long time, trust yourself. – I opted not to tell her. I can't, it would just create more conflict with Nathan.

- Thanks. – she said and came in for a hug. It took me by surprise, but I quickly accepted the hug and wrapped my arms around her as well. She pulled away. – It's nice having a friend to talk to. – she said.

- Friends? – the words escape my mouth.

- Yeah... I don't have many girlfriends that I like, maybe we can be that. – she suggested kindly.

- Yeah, I'd like that. – I empathize with her.

I usually hang out around boys, of course, there is Nymeria, but I see her more like an alpha than a friend so it doesn't count. We both smiled and continued walking. We kept speaking about whatever and in no time, we were already at school. I had to fake not knowing where the guys were and search for them. It was fine, gave us more time to girl talk. Huh, I've never had a girl talk and now I'm having one with a human. Who would have thought?

The guys are working on a bench just outside the library. It appears like they were finished since no notebooks are out. Good, then we can finally go home. I have plenty of chores to do. We approached them.

- Hey guys. – Nadia said, giving Nathan a peck and sitting next to him. I just sat next to Caleb and bumped his shoulder with mine playfully, which he gave back. We smiled at each other.

- Hey, you were gone for quite a while. How did it go? – Nathan asked his girlfriend.

- It was nice, Maya has good taste. I bought a couple of clothes. – she briefly explained what we did.

- Sounds fun. – he said

- It was. – I answered truthfully. Caleb looked at me dubiously but smiled, nonetheless. – How about you guys? –

- It was boring. We worked on the project a lot, but we got to catch up to speed. We just finished a couple of minutes ago. – Caleb told us.

- Well, that's good. – Nadia said. – So, want to do something? It's Friday, maybe we can catch a movie. – she suggested in an uplifting tone.

- Thanks, but we should get going. My parents are expecting me, and we have stuff to do. – Caleb politely declined the offer. I sighed deep inside, I didn't want to stay longer. – Maybe another day. -

- Oh, okay. – Nadia said, a little disappointed.

Nadia knows we're not from around, she thinks we are from a neighboring town and just come to school here. At least, that's what Nathan told us to say. So, she understands that we aren't available on weekends, not that we couldn't, but we're just too busy with duties and too far away. We say goodbyes and parted different ways. I hope she takes my advice and talks with Nathan.

- What are you thinking about? – Caleb asked me.

- Huh? Nothing just something Nadia told me. – I replied.

- What did she say? – he insisted.

- Just girl talk. – I dismissed it like it was nothing.

- Girl talk? Since when you do girl stuff with anyone? – he chuckled a little. I laughed a little as well.

- I can do girl stuff. - I contradicted acting a little offended.

- Sure, you can. - Caleb sarcastically, making me smile. - Either way, answer the question. - he insisted happily.

- Since Nadia and I are friends. – I responded. His eyebrows shot right up in surprise.

- You? Friends... with a human? –

- Yeah, I know... but she's nice. – I said happily that I found a friend.

- Who are you? – he exclaimed making me laugh.

-Shut up, let's find my brother and get out of here. -

-------------

Picture of Dakota at the top.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

177K 7K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
12.4K 652 11
Connor has always known that he has a true mate out there and that he is male. Even when nobody believed him, he defended his mate. Even when his fat...
203K 6.5K 12
[BxB] ✔️ Before turning 18 years old, Alpha wolves will celebrate their "Lunar Week", a period of time in which they can enjoy life and go all out be...
92.8K 3.9K 81
Alistair is a rogue werewolf. Born into this condition, he lives with his family the nomadic life, always traveling and never settling down in one pl...