Fake Behavior (A Mindless Beh...

By wxldfire

"My best friend, paparazzi, undivided attention, and -- hmm, a fake relationship? Seems pretty fine to me." T... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 19

16.1K 304 88
By wxldfire

Prodigy's POV

As I watched Nicole make a serene, yet quick journey to the unoccupied restroom, I felt my entire inner being deteriorate from heartbreak. Not only did Nicole sensibly brush off both of our feelings, but our close friendship of fifteen years as well.

Whatever Nicole said was an utter lie, and I knew it straight from the heart. There was no way in damn Hell that Nicole couldn't have fallen for me in the process of our fake relationship. Though it sounds a tad arrogant, it was also a true, undeniable fact. Let's not forget that I knew the girl since toddler ages. Between the stare-offs, conversations (intimate or not), and traveling, her brighter personality and demeanor made it quite evident for me to know that she did develop feelings for me. Colby said so herself back at the argument yesterday. Plus, if she really did not have some sort of affection for me, she wouldn't have accepted being apart of the stunt... right?

Sighing deeply, and still facing the direction I was in before Nicole shattered my self-worth, my hands made its way to the slit of my hoodie's pockets. Grabbing the familiar piece of metal frame, I took my tinted sunglasses out and put them on, as my goal was to block every one's gazes from my now tearing eyes. And when I say "every one", I meant Princeton.

Although I was still in the tour bus, and our windows were closed to block the morning daylight's rays, I was still able to sense Princeton's opposing aura behind me. In fact, I felt the negative vibes the entire time I was here. I didn't seem to mind, though, simply because I thought Nicole would accept my apology and understand my reason. Alas, I was embarrassed and rejected; perhaps even for the rest of my life.

Swiftly turning my body around, I was able to catch a good glimpse of Princeton quickly turning his direction away from me. I knew he was gawking and eavesdropping; though the nigga got headphones on, I perceived that his iPod Touch was on mute. A chuckle escaped from my lips. I must admit, the nigga's slick, but I'm slicker.

Unfortunately, I already knew that I was telling myself all of that just to construct whatever was left of my dignity. My confidence was overriding just to hide away the pain. Fact is, I ruined a perfectly close friendship of a girl I fell in love with just to see if my feelings were true. What makes it even worst is that they are true.

Damnit, Prodigy. Get it together, an inner voice scolded myself, as another salty tear traveled its way to the floor. How funny, I'm getting reproaches from my own self. I'm becoming psychotic.

When I finally reached my bottom bunk bed, I caught Ray sending me a sympathetic look. He didn't say anything, and neither did I. He must've heard our conversation as well, considering the fact that there were no closed rooms in Big Mama besides the two bathrooms. That just gave me more reasons to be embarrassed.

I inhaled deeply, taking in all the difficulties, and collapsed my body onto the mattress. As my eyes glanced at the wall clock, I realized that it would be about an hour till we reach our destination -- Ellen's studio.

There was nothing to do; nobody to talk to. Because of my inattentive actions, everybody was against me, or at least that's what it felt like. I knew from yesterday that Walter and Keisha were highly disappointed in me. I hated knowing I disappointed and upset people -- one of the reasons why I strive to work my hardest. To tell the truth, one thing that my parents and other successful people from the mellifluous business taught me were right morals. Not only was I supposed to be humble, but I was to be truthful, responsible, courageous, and the list continues on. Sucks to know that majority of that list was already crossed out.

Not only were Walter and Keisha upset, but all of my friends as well. What made me even more distressed was the fact that nobody understood the reason why I did it. Nobody bothered to make the effort to understand why I chose to do such a scandal. All they did was listen to the word, judge me wrong, and ignore me.

As I thought about it, I guess I kind've understood Nicole's thought process into erasing me from her life, but then again I understood my motive to fake our publicity-stunt-relationship even more. God knows what I'd do if I were in Nicole's position. Knowing me, I'd probably beat something (or maybe even someone) up till my knuckles bleed. But, then again, that was just me.

I brought my eyes to the recycled aluminum wall clock once more, and I came to the unbelievable reality that only seven minutes has passed by. How was it that I was deep in thought and only seven damn minutes passed by?

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath. "This is going to be a long, painful ride." 

"Boys!!" Ellen yelled, stretching her arms out wide open in hopes of a hug. "It's such a pleasure to meet you!"

"Men," Ray corrected, then hugged Ellen. Ellen chuckled lightly, and embraced Ray back with what seemed like the firmest hold I have ever seen. It got me by surprise that she was so welcoming to her guests; maybe that's why everyone liked her.

Ellen released from the hug. "Well," she inquired, facing her direction to an awkward-standing me, Princeton, and Roc Royal. She brought her hands up yet again -- except this time, they were spread out even wider. "What about you guys?"

My eyes creeped itself to its right corner, and I noticed Roc looking a bit hesitant to do so. I didn't blame him whatsoever. With the chain of events that happened, it definitely took all of us off guard to encounter someone as energetic and affirmative as Ellen Degeneres. In all honesty, this was the most active interviewer we've ever met, not to mention the most known one as well. With that in mind, it made all of the bolts in our body electrecute us with nervousness and anxiety, as the pressure to be perfect shocked us within a split second.

I walked up to Ellen and gave her a nice, comforting hug. I didn't want my thoughts about this lady to ruin Mindless Behavior's reputation, as we are socially liked due to our kindness, maturity, and, well, being Mindless Behavior.

But then again, maybe it wasn't Ellen that made me so cumbersome. I knew damn well that I was still uneasy about my previous conversation with Nicole, and truthfully, I wasn't so sure how I was going to get over it before the show started. I gave myself props, though. After my rejection, I honestly thought I'd be heads-on bawling, perhaps even on the verge of suicide. Maybe I ran out of tears yesterday, or I was too embarrassed to shed more. Whatever it was, I was taking my consequences with a well-behaved manner, and I sincerely had to thank idols like Janet Jackson and Chris Brown for leading me to become like this.

Soon after, Roc followed behind me, and returned Ellen a warm embrace. I looked over to Princeton, who had his semi-masculine arms folded across his chest, stare at us unpleasantly.

"Prince?" Ellen called. "You don't want a hug?"

"No, thank you," Prince spoke with an attitude.

Ellen's blue eyes slightly widened. I could tell she was appauled, and didn't expect any of her guests to reject her words. Frankly, I was shocked as well.

"Well, why not?" Ellen asked.

"Because I do-"

"What Princeton is trying to say is..." Ray quickly jumped into the conversation, cutting Prince off. "He's sick! He doesn't want you to catch his nasty ass cold... so no hug from him, Ellen."

Ellen looked over at Ray, and nodded her head in approval. I noticed Prince shoot Ray a look that could kill, but I determined that by the way Ray was smiling that he didn't even care. I knew Mindless Behavior meant as much to Ray as it did to me, and he wasn't going to tear the group's image, even if the individuals of the group was "torn up" already.

I let out a frustrated sigh. Prince's alteration from a peace hippie to the indignant, revengeful tormentor was still adjusting to everyone. It's tragic to say that it all happened because of Brooke Fuentes.

"Well, men," Ellen said with a chuckle. "We're out in forty, so help yourself around to the studio's buffet." Ellen shot us a final smile before retreating from the group. I watched her travel to one of the rooms; it was most likely a fitted dressing room.

In spite of the fact that there was a table filled with free food -- ranging from assorted pastas to desserts -- I refused to take in any of it. Although the only thing I've eaten was a small ham sandwhich back at the airport, my stomach wasn't craving nor aching for nourishment. Instead, I stood in place uncomfortably as I looked at my bandmates grabbing some Krispy Kreme donuts.

When Ray stacked at least five glazed donuts on a plastic plate, his facial expression became solemn. "Look," he said in a strict tone, causing both Princeton and Roc to look up. 

"I don't know what's going on here, but this hatred-shit better stop when we're on set, " he continued. "We worked way too hard just to have the group come crumbling down just because of a pussy fight. Do you understand me?"

Nobody had any words; I was shocked to see the prankster of the group practically tell me and Princeton off. 

"Like I said," Ray added. "I'm not so sure what happened, but this whole drama fest can be saved till after the show. We're on fucking Ellen Degeneres! I know you guys haven't been on good terms for awhile now, but the least ya'll can do is act brotherly in front of the press!"

"Ray's right," Roc commented, walking over to Ray and put his sleeved-arm around him. "We came from dirt to fucking riches -- selling out stadiums and having teenage girls fangirl when we breathe!" I chuckled. "That's an accomplishment!"

I looked over at Prince, who seemed a bit annoyed that he was being lectured by his own kind. Honorably, I was willing to act like nothing happened while the show started. In fact, I had no motive to tattle-tale on any of the boys. I knew damn right that spreading the truth to the public was beyond foolish.

Prince scoffed. "You know what? I'm sick and tired of you guys acting like shit didn't happen between Brooke, me, and that little bastard!" He pointed his index finger directly at me.

"Princeton," Ray sternly warned. "Calm the fuck down! We're in fucking public!"

"No! I've held in all my fucking anger way too long!" He cursed, and I knew members of the staff were beginning to stare. "Prodigy always gets the good end of the stick while I'm stuck with his pieces! Everything I fucking want, he somehow always ends up getting it! The lead singing position, girls, Nicole!!"

"Don't you dare bring Nicole in this," I said, feeling the rage inside me boil up. "You fucking know Nicole and I were best friends way before she was brought into your life. Hell, without me, you wouldn't even have gotten the chance to know her! So don't you fucking say she is yours; she's mine and always was mine!"

I didn't even care if Princeton was envious; that's his problem that he needed to fix on his own. However, involving others in the incident was uncalled for, and I was willing to set that straight into his thick skull.

"Oh yeah, lover boy?!" Prince fought back, raising his voice even higher. "Then why'd you have to fake your shit-relationship with her, huh? Even Nicole's asking you that, and she's your fucking 'best friend'!"

Without any remorse, I brought my palms into a fist and punched Princeton in the arm. Before he could fight back, however, Ray immediately went up behind him and grabbed ahold of his arms.     

As much as I wanted to continue the brawl, I couldn't. Just like what Ray had done, Roc went behind me and forcefully pulled my arms back. Ray began calling for Walter and Keisha as Princeton's angry eyes darted towards mine.

Both Prince and I were fighting back the "chains" holding us down, but by glance, I knew he was pulling harder than I was. I knew that the fact he didn't get the chance to lay a finger on me made him even more maniacal. 

Within seconds, Walter and Keisha's words of rebuke flooded me and Princeton's grunts and exhales of exhaustion. Without even asking what had happened, they ordered the both of us to stay in opposite wings of the studio -- as if we were in time out in pre-school. By their dejected facial expressions, I knew they were highly upset that we caused a scene in front of the press. Honestly, I was slightly regretting what I had done, but then again, I wasn't.

I walked over to the east side of the lounge with ease and pretended to be interested in a painting of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Though my eyes were set on a different object, my mind found itself on a different story.

I could tell by that soft shriek Princeton weeped when I had punched his arm that there had had to be a bruise. I punched him pretty hard, so it would definitely be no surprise if there was some type of mark on his brown skin. Luckily for him, he was wearing a Mod Sun hoodie, so he could cover it up without any questions or concern comments from Ellen. 

My mind nor body didn't bother to look back and see whatever the situation was. I knew from experience that Walter and Keisha were already consulting Roc and Ray about what had taken place, and Prince was most likely getting his arm checked. 

I wasn't one who resorts on violence, but Princeton deserved it. Hell, he deserved more. From all the bull I was taking since the 2011 incident, even God knew he was justified. It made me angry knowing that I had only laid a single punch, but then again, it made me satisfied knowing I had finally laid that punch. 

I chuckled to myself, as a sinister smile formed on my lips. Finally, things were going my way. Hopefully, I hadn't spoken too soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 2K 34
Ali, normal teenager, 15 year old girl is a very talented pianist and is an only child. Her mother died at the age of two. It's just her and her Dad...
577K 15.4K 43
Imagine meeting the band of your dreams. What would you do? Follow Taylor and Raven on their journey into the Mindless World in It Started With The...
21.2K 675 43
Kelsey is a not so average 15 year old girl who 'used' to get bullied . but she has a secret. she's a teen spy what happens when she has to protect...
23.2K 213 31
She was just living life,having a Good time,Finnaly going to follow her dreams, But then they're people who hate to see you happy.They wanna bring yo...