Paying the Price

Galing kay ClaraGraceBanks

Four siblings Not just any four siblings Quadruplets Royal quadruplets All with secrets of their own At t... Higit pa

Description
Characters and Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Janae
Chapter 2: Oliver
Chapter 3: Oakley
Chapter 4: June
Chapter 5: Janae
Chapter 6: Oliver
Chapter 7: Oakley
Chapter 8: June
Chapter 9: Janae
Chapter 10: Oliver
Chapter 11: Oakley
Chapter 12: June
Chapter 13: Janae
Chapter 14: Oliver
Chapter 15: Oakley
Chapter 16: June
Chapter 17: Janae
Chapter 18: Oliver
Chapter 19: Oakley
Chapter 21: Janae
Chapter 22: Owen
Chapter 23: Oliver
Characters and Aesthetics Pt. 2
Chapter 24: Jenifer
Chapter 25: Oakley
Chapter 26: June
Chapter 27: Janae
Chapter 28: Owen
Chapter 29: Oliver
Chapter 30: Jenifer
Chapter 31: Oakley
Chapter 32: June
Chapter 33: Janae
Chapter 34: Owen
Chapter 35: Oliver
Chapter 36: Jenifer
Chapter 37: Leo
Chapter 38: Oakley
Chapter 39: June
Chapter 40: Janae
Chapter 41: Owen
Chapter 42: Oliver
Chapter 43: Jenifer
Chapter 44: Oakley Part 1
Chapter 44: Oakley Part 2
Chapter 45: June
Characters and Aesthetics Pt. 3
Chapter 46:Odin

Chapter 20: June

163 9 59
Galing kay ClaraGraceBanks

Last chapter recap- Oakley

He wasn't wrong. I was exhausted but I was doing okay. I had other things to worry about than sleep.

I  changed into my pajamas which were just a pair of loose shorts and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Not having any time to think about all the things that had happened that day.

————————————————————

As soon as the boys left the room I turned to look at Janae. I wanted to apologize. For not noticing. How did I not know that she would disappear? Janae and I have been glued at the hip our whole lives. We never spend time apart. How did I let this happen?

I rolled over to tell her how sorry I was but when I did she was already fast asleep.

Poor thing still had tear stains on her cheeks. I got up and went into the bathroom, took a cloth and wet it then came and wiped her face off. Thank God she was a deep sleeper and this did wake her up. How on earth she stayed asleep is beyond me.

After, I laid back down and fell asleep.

————————————————————

When I woke up Janae was gone.

I sat up to look for her but saw that she had just gone into the bathroom. I heard the water running and knew she was in the shower.

I opened my door and headed into the kitchen where I could hear the boys in there making noise.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" I asked.

They both turned their head to me before Oakley told me "Nothing much, just talking about how this morning I need to head out and get us soon food because we don't even have enough food for breakfast."

I immediately asked "Can I come with you? Please?"

I was desperate to look around the village. All that I had seen was the alley Oliver and I got attacked in and this apartment building.

Oakley looked back at me "I don't think that's a good idea. I think just I should go. I mean after what happened last time I think it would be better if just I went."

That was not the answer I wanted.

"Please Oakley." I begged "You can't leave me and Janae here with Oliver. What if something happens here? Wouldn't I be safer with you?"

He rolled his eyes "There is a much higher chance of something happening to you on the streets than with you here at home."

He was starting to get on my nerves.

"Pretty please Oakley. I want to see the town. I promise that I will be extra careful and stay with you the whole time." I said in kind of a whiny tone.

I think me annoying him to say yes was working because he let out a defeated sigh and said "Fine but you are not allowed to leave my side and I don't want you to talk to anyone or do anything that would draw attention to us. Got it?"

I ran up and hugged him, "Thank you, Oakley!"

He smiled, you're welcome, now go get ready, we will leave soon.

I nodded and headed back into my room. As I walked in my sister walked out of the bathroom.

"Hi Janae, are you doing better this morning?" I asked her.

She nodded "Yeah I'm fine, but can we not talk about it? You guys know now and so there is no reason to talk about it anymore."

I understood how she felt. "Yeah, Janae that's fine. I won't bring it up again and I'll tell the boy's the same. I'm actually just about to head out with Oakley to go and get us some more food."

She looked a little surprised when I said this. "He's letting you come with him?"

"Yep!"

I went into the bathroom, changed out of my pajamas, and put my hair up into that low ponytail with a ribbon. I then put on my shoes and went to the door to meet Oakley.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah let's go." I grabbed his hand and we walked out the door.

We walked out of the apartment building and I was very excited to get out and see the town.

I had never been more excited in my life, to be honest.

I think my brother could tell I was super excited because he looked at me and told me "June you need to calm down. Average people are not this happy about going grocery shopping and you are going to draw unwanted attention to us."

He was right so I calmed down a bit.

We walked for a few blocks before we finally reached the bust market. There were so many people here, pushing a shoving past each other. I began to walk closer to Oakley, leaning my whole body on him.

I think he sensed my discomfort and so he put his arm around me and pulled me close. "Not so excited are you now? He sarcastically smiled down at me.

"Shut up"

He just grinned at me before walking over to a man with a cart selling bread.

"Two loaves please sir," Oakley said.

"That's gonna be $5 boy," the man told my brother.

Oakley handed the man the money and took the bread and continued walking.

We went to many different shops, carts, and stands and ended up with enough food to probably last us for a month.

We had tons of fruit and veggies, bread, different jams, butter, and spreads. We also got lots of eggs, milk, and cheese. Oakley also insisted on getting some "manly meat to help him grow strong" and so we ended up with plenty of food for the four of us.

We were heading back home when I spotted a group of boys probably ages 10-12 all chasing after a much younger boy who looked to be half their age, only 5 or 6 years old. They were chasing him down, yelling names at him, and throwing things at the poor boy.

I should have ignored it but I couldn't. Deep down I felt like I needed to help.

I tapped on Oakley's arm and pointed at the boys. "Oakley, would you please go help that little boy? Those older kids won't leave him alone, we need to help him."

He looked over at the boys and dropped his voice down so it sounded much deeper than it normally was. "Hey! You boys need to leave him alone. Pick on someone your own size punks."

The boys looked like they just wet their pants. What can I say, Oakley can be pretty scary looking. He's 6 foot and has lots of muscles, most people wouldn't believe he's only 14.

"Yes-s sir-r sorry-y sir-r" The boys murmured timidly before they all ran off to where ever they came from.

The little one they were chasing looked even more scared than the older boys. He had tears running down his little cheeks and was covered in dirt and bruises.

I got down to his height "Hi buddy, are you okay? Where's your mommy and daddy?" I asked in a very gentle tone, trying not to scare him any more than he obviously was.

He didn't answer me and started crying even more.

"Shhh sweetheart, it's okay. No need to cry, we just want to help you. Can I pick you up?" I asked. I just wanted to hold this sweet little thing. He was so cute and looked so scared.

He surprisingly nodded yes and lifted his arms up for me to hold him. I picked him up off the ground and he laid his head down on my shoulder almost instantly.

I rubbed his back and rocked him back and forth until he stopped crying.

"There you go, it's okay. Now I need to know how we can help you. Where are your parents at?" I asked, still holding him in my arms.

"I ran away a few weeks ago." He said softly.

He was a runaway just like us "Why did you run away buddy?" I asked.

He sniffled a bit, "I had to find my big brother. He went away about a month ago and said he would come back for us but he never did. I need to find him, he promised he would be back and we need his help."

"Who's "we" who else are you talking about?" I asked him.

"My twin sister. I need to go back and get her before they hurt her." He said with tears coming back to his eyes at the mention of his twin sister.

"Before who hurts her?" I asked the boy.

"Mommy and Daddy," he said with a little wobble in his voice and a quiver in his lips.

Poor thing. He was just like us, runaways from bad parents.

Oakley then asked him "Who were those boys chasing you? Do you know them?"

The little boy shriveled back into my arms away from Oakley and didn't respond to him. I don't think he liked Oakley very much.

"So you're a twin? So are we!" I said trying to change the subject.

I pointed to Oakley. "This is my twin Oakley and I'm June, what's your name sweetheart?"

"Owen," he said softly, still a little afraid of Oakley.

This made my brother smile a bit. "Hey, we have matching "O" names! Isn't that cool!" Oakley said in a really upbeat and cheery tone to try and get Owen to like him more.

I think it worked a bit because he smiled and said "Yeah that's pretty cool!"

"What about your sister? What's her name?" I asked him out of curiosity.

He giggled to himself before he said "Her name matches yours June! Her name is Jenifer."

Oakley and I both looked at each other like we were thinking the same thing.

"Owen? You wouldn't happen to know your last name would you?" Oakley asked.

"Sure! It's Price! Owen Price!"

AN: omg guys what do we think of Owen? I think he's the cutest little thing, and he's got the same last name as the quads? (hmm, I wonder what that means? *wink wink*)

I'm doing great with updates right now, expect at least one if not two or three more updates this week. This book is about to take a bit of a turn if you haven't already figured that out.  

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH <3

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

9.4K 854 41
Written in 2015 This book is completed but in the long process of editing. Enjoy ;) 15 yr old Adelaide is just your normal teenage girl. She has four...
1.4M 33.6K 68
Maddie has lived her whole life with one person, her mother. Growing up she had no siblings, no father, just her and her mom. What happens after her...
116K 3.2K 37
Francisca was only 10 years old when her mother decided to pack hers and Francisca's things and leave their home along with Fran's father and 2 olde...
161K 4.6K 36
Ella Green is slightly less than average, she may have the friends, the high school crush, but that's where is stops. Ella suffers from having a sad...